GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that the marks were not just discovered. LE obviously already had enough evidence to arrest SM on murder charges. Since the tub is a HEAVY cast iron tub, there was no need for them to remove it right away. I assume they will use tests to see if the marks match the hacksaw (I hate typing that word in this context).

Since they already have her DNA on the saw, they know it was used for dismemberment.
And I suspect they have enough evidence from the drain traps to determine this is where it took place.
Matching the saw to marks on the tub would really only give you this same conclusion.

With that said, I stated in an earlier post I doubt those marks are from that hacksaw.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 27 June 2011 - #5

They may attempt to match those marks to a knife McD owns.
IF they are having trouble connecting him directly with DNA, due to his planning and cleanup,
then they'll want to get as much evidence as possible that ties him directly to the act.

Quoting posts that have been unapproved is totally against the rules.

Inviting private messages (PM's) from other members in the open forum is also against the rules.

Both violations frequently result in suspension of posting privileges

My feeling is that the marks were not just discovered. LE obviously already had enough evidence to arrest SM on murder charges. Since the tub is a HEAVY cast iron tub, there was no need for them to remove it right away. I assume they will use tests to see if the marks match the hacksaw (I hate typing that word in this context).

Perhaps they had been photographed but with reporter's notice bringing them into the spotlight LE decided it was prudent to remove the tub.

edited to add: whoops, sorry to duplicate other comments

sm looks very scrawny to me, he seems to lack any muscle, so i doubt he could have lifted lauren, since they were about the same height and she was an athlete.
so maybe he subdued her while she was bathing??? it seems like that would have been the only way to get her in the tub. even if she was unconscious or dead. (maybe that adds more weight to the whole MM story, but idk...)

since the murder most likely happened in her apartment, i think it all took place in the bathroom, because when i saw the photos of laurens apartment after csi had been in i didnt see any blood anywhere ...and the only way to get her to the tub would have been in pieces (sorry) which would involve getting blood everywhere.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649...ing-ready.html

the whole "Maintenance Person" theory...
well i was wondering what he would come up with. i guess with him being a law student i wouldn't expect any less from him...
i just don't know. i think the way he acted on the video makes him look more guilty that any evidence they have...

does anyone agree? disagree? thoughts?

So you think MM or SM is the more likely candidate for such a crime?

stephen of course.

I agree, but I didnt' see him being strong enough but it definitely has to be something like you suggested in order to subdue becuase I think she may have been able to overtake him. BUT adrenalin can make you do things and have strength you didnt' realize.

This is starting to sound like a movie or two I have seen where a young student/students try to get away with murder by framing someone else or other means. I really hope the evidence they have is absolutely concrete or the killer may actually walk free. Can you imagine having someone who dismembered someone else in the general public? **shudders**

But why pad one side and why pad it at all if it's going to the dump??

It is not going to the dump, it is being submitted for testing. See here:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/138626/175/Giddings-Bathtub-Hauled-Away-to-Crime-Lab

(Note: I'm not quite sure why I can't get this to post as a clickable link - I'm on my iPhone, but it usually works fine)

In reference to the arrest warrant. Did SM have both a key to Lauren's apartment AND a master key in his possession?
You're right, it certainly does say that.
Of course, she kept one outside... so he could have made a copy of it.
Don't know why, since he had a master key.
Unless he didn't know it was a master.
Or, may have wanted a copy of hers for a backup... possibly to plant somewhere if he needed to?

I agree, but I didnt' see him being strong enough but it definitely has to be something like you suggested in order to subdue becuase I think she may have been able to overtake him. BUT adrenalin can make you do things and have strength you didnt' realize.

true!

They posted the actual arrest warrant at macon.com
http://media.macon.com/static/graphics/0805McDanielWarrant.jpg

Huh. The arrest warrant is for murder, not felony murder. It doesn't even suggest facts that would be sufficient for a felony murder charge.

I just listened to the video of his court appearance yesterday -- the judge only says that he is charged with murder, although that could still include felony murder I suppose.

Other than the inmate information page, which is still listing the charge as "00913 FELONY MURDER{00913}", is there anything else that suggests this is a felony murder charge and not a murder charge?

Interesting that the hacksaw was locked in a storage closet at the apmt complex. I wonder where that is located. Is that the maintenance room, or did each apmt have its own lockable storage closet.
Also, I'm new to this case- when did SM say he could kill and avoid detection?

Hey Phoebeb ... that detail, like most others in this case, has not been made public yet. We can only speculate that maybe he wrote some things to that effect on a message board or e-mail (found on his computer), or else told it to someone whom the police later interviewed.

For once I wish that BB would be doing some talking.. she has run her mouth this entire case about nothing of importance whatsoever, made rude or disparaging remarks including complaints about the investigation taking so long..

And for once she actually has some info that we'd actually like to hear and know About..

The locked maintenance room.. Where is it located on the premisis? What is kept there? And does the master key fit this lock as well?? What are the circumstances of the employee that the alleged murderer of Lauren is now accusing this maintenance man as the sole individual responsible for Laurens murder?? Why was he fired or terminated? And to your knowledge what was he questioned about and do perhaps you know what his alibi was for the time in question?? Did he too live on the property??

My questions about the maintenance man specifically are not because I believe for a moment that he is in any way involved whatsoever in Laurens brutal murder.. But rather would like to know some of these answers as to get a better view on just how detailed of a plan are we talking that SM went to the lengths in order to attempt to frame this maintenance man..

So, BB now is really your chance!!! It certainly seems az tho you are quite comfortable with speaking to the media ona daily basis at this point.. So here's the chance to have all eyes and ears on you and what you have to say..

IMO I'd take advantage of this opportunity if I were here.. As she has certainly let everyone know her main concern has been the negative impact on the apts and there ability to stay full to capacity receiving monthly rent from each and every one of them.. So with now not only having a murder victim.. You also have a tenant charged with her extremely brutal in nature murder, and to top it off if that weren't bad enough already now that tenant who is officially been charged with the other tenants murder is now claiming it is none other than one of your very own paid staff members of Barrister Hall that he is accusing to be the brutal murderer of the tenant who was a murder victim.. WoW! That's alot of negativity if you ask me.. So for once I'd hope she speak about some of these questions that so very many of us have...

Huh. The arrest warrant is for murder, not felony murder. It doesn't even suggest facts that would be sufficient for a felony murder charge.

I just listened to the video of his court appearance yesterday -- the judge only says that he is charged with murder, although that could still include felony murder I suppose.

Other than the inmate information page, which is still listing the charge as "00913 FELONY MURDER{00913}", is there anything else that suggests this is a felony murder charge and not a murder charge?
According to http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/default.asp
These are the choices:
16-5-1. Murder; felony murder
16-5-2. Voluntary manslaughter
16-5-3. Involuntary manslaughter

You're right, it certainly does say that.
Of course, she kept one outside... so he could have made a copy of it.
Don't know why, since he had a master key.
Unless he didn't know it was a master.
Or, may have wanted a copy of hers for a backup... possibly to plant somewhere if he needed to?

Hacksaw packaging, key to Lauren's apartment, master key. Plus other things we don't even know about yet.

Pretty clear that McD did NOT think Lauren's remains would be found in that trash can, nor that his apartment was going to be searched. I wonder if she had not been found, what his next move was going to be? Was the master plan to set up the MM, but it went awry? Still scratching my head over this.

"Body" reaction in that video was genuine, his plan was botched ...

Colonel Mustard said that not much would be revealed in the arrest warrant. The details would be disclosed at the commitment hearing? Am I remembering his post correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora