GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the scratches on McD- IMO he could have gotten them while using the hacksaw. If the marks on the edge of the bathtub are from the hacksaw, I imagine he could have been kneeling beside the tub. In the process, IMO, he could have slipped and the blade scratched his abdomen.

In the event that the scratches were made by Lauren, it is my prayer that she fought like a wildcat and got him in more ways than scratches.

In that video, Lauren's Mom says "He was somewhat of a recluse". Lauren tried to get him to come out with the class.

In other words Lauren tried to help him become more social.

Mrs. Giddings is saying he was somewhat "of a recluse " This video is heartbreaking , Lauren holding the baby and kissing it just breaks my heart, what a waste all the way around . The strength of their Catholic faith is amazing to me , that they are praying for the McDaniel family and for Stephen

Thank-you very much. I couldn't hear "recluse" and thought she mispoke regarding the word "reckless". Makes a difference. :blushing:

Friday morning thoughts: In response to a few items, it will be interesting to know what gaming McD was into, what game was it that caused him to yell out and cuss so loudly the downstairs neighbor could hear it, something like Die, all you SB's or something ? The Columbine kids were into this, and wanted to see it happen in real life. I myself am only a classically trained gamer, so anything beyond Pac Man or Donkey Kong is beyond my point of expertise.
As far as I can tell, the fired maintenance man does exist, it was reported he was terminated prior to the murder.And IF, (big if here) , but Charles E . brought up this morning, the hacksaw was in a locked maintenance storage cabinet that McD's master key did not open, well well... .... –

On the bold portion of the above post, we don't know what position the saw was found in the closet. Throughout my college years, I lived in apartments with an outdoor storage closet. Most of those closets had a large gap in the bottom of the door so as to allow for some air circulation. Hacksaws are rather slender. It is possible that he could have slid the hacksaw under the door, knowing he didn't have a key to it. It would certainly play quite nicely into a cover-up. Of course, all JMO.....

Could the gray object to the far left in this photo be the storage closet mentioned in the arrest warrant?
Photo #46
If the link doesn't take you straight to the photo, it's number 46 in the gallery.

That's actually fencing. There wasn't a closet or anything out front. Toward the back of the complex there may have been, and on the right side of the complex, there seemed to be some kind of below ground type storage area. It may have been part of one of the actual units, but I only saw one, why would only one apartment have that? There was a small stairway leading to a door to what looked like a basement, sort of. I didn't take photos then because it didn't seem important, I had no idea what it was. It was on the right side of the building behind Lauren and Stephen's building.

Always heard that saying, it's so true. Alvia games, something with an "A". Interesting he had not a key to the closet......Was it bolted or just a knob that locked? those are very easily opened with credit cards or the like.

Where was it stated that McDaniel's keys could not unlock the utility closet? If he had a bump key then he certainly could have.

The Stanley Brand hacksaw packaging is more like a cardboard sleeve AFAIK.
http://www.myhome.priceheaven.co.uk/d-stanley-hacksaw-300-mm-hand-tools.html

So, it stands to reason that he may have overlooked it or thrown it in a bin in his apartment, not thinking it would be readily identified as anything special anyway. It probably slipped his mind. JMO.

I guess if it happened that, along with the Stanley brand hacksaw packaging, there was a Stanley brand hacksaw IN SM's apartment (as well as the one in the storage room), LE wouldn't be obligated to say that, would they?

(Don't jump all over me here, folks, I really am asking a serious question, wanting to know.)

My thoughts on the scratches on McD- IMO he could have gotten them while using the hacksaw. If the marks on the edge of the bathtub are from the hacksaw, I imagine he could have been kneeling beside the tub. In the process, IMO, he could have slipped and the blade scratched his abdomen.

In the event that the scratches were made by Lauren, it is my prayer that she fought like a wildcat and got him in more ways than scratches.

I use hack saws a lot and I can not figure how you could use one and make foot long scratches long ways on the edge of a tub. They just dont work that way. For separate scratches to be caused by a hacksaw on oneself, it would have to happen one at a time. One would soon figure out a way of preventing it and try another method. Hacksaw scratches on a porcelain surface would be quite diferent looking than a knife scratch for instance.
Makes one sick to even think about.

I was thinking about that too. Do you think though, that if she was clawing hard enough she could scratch through, say, a t-shirt? Don't know though, I can't say that I've ever tested out that theory!

Funny you ask, lol, I have really long nails and I tried scratching myself through my shirt really hard, couldn't break the skin enough that even 5 days later the marks would still be visible :waitasec:

Not that it's meaningful, but if you google tsol, some interesting things come up. A band named T.S.O.L., reference to World of Warcraft, etc.

Below is a link to the lyrics of a TSOL song-**WARNING Graphic Disgusting Language**

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

I am not insinuating McD listens to this type of music, just following a trail (true sons of liberty-reference).

Whoa! You weren't kidding about those song lyrics being rough

Those are my thoughts, too, angel. Glad you agree. MaconMom did make a good point last night about MGS being a single user game, though. I haven't researched it further, but is there by chance an online version now? I have a few other ideas about this topic but no time to post them now because I'm supposed to be working, and I have a deadline staring down at me. :anguish:

Please be nice to each other today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There appears to be an online version for the PC as well as a PS3 version. I have final exams today, I know how you feel!

I just looked at the Bibb Co. property records for the apartments, but it really wasn't helpful. The only property photo attached is of the front of the first block of apartments (which have been much photographed of late) and the diagrams don't indicate where any utility or storage type rooms might be. The only thing about the photograph is that from the angle it's taken you can see the depth of the lot.

http://www.co.bibb.ga.us/TaxAssesso...opertyimages.asp?Photo=c7730&Parcel=Q074-0241

I will look back through the photos but the only thing I noticed that could have been a store room, I didn't photograph, at the time I didn't know it would be relevant :/

As a former tenant, I can shed some light... The door I believe you are referring to is actually the entrance to the laundry area. In the laundry area I believe there is a storage room. That is the only storage room that I am aware of in the complex.

I use hack saws a lot and I can not figure how you could use one and make foot long scratches long ways on the edge of a tub. They just dont work that way. For separate scratches to be caused by a hacksaw on oneself, it would have to happen one at a time. One would soon figure out a way of preventing it and try another method. Hacksaw scratches on a porcelain surface would be quite diferent looking than a knife scratch for instance.

My theory is that he didn't use the hacksaw exclusively. I believe he used his replica swords and hunting knives first, then maybe realized he needed something more substantial. That's when the hacksaw came into play. So IMO the scratches in the tub could very well be from other instruments, not just the hacksaw.

I'm not sure if we've been privy to when he aquired the hacksaw (if he still had the packaging it had to be recent), but maybe that's why he bought it. His blades weren't enough.

Not that it's meaningful, but if you google tsol, some interesting things come up. A band named T.S.O.L., reference to World of Warcraft, etc.

Below is a link to the lyrics of a TSOL song-**WARNING Graphic Disgusting Language**

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

I am not insinuating McD listens to this type of music, just following a trail (true sons of liberty-reference).

I actually listened to that band in high school, True Sound of Liberty. They are an old punk band.

Having observed people using hacksaws to cut various things during my lifetime, I, unfortunately, can figure out how the saw could make long scratches on the side of a bathtub. I will not describe it because it is an awful imagining. Just it could be done quite easily.

I guess if it happened that, along with the Stanley brand hacksaw packaging, there was a Stanley brand hacksaw IN SM's apartment (as well as the one in the storage room), LE wouldn't be obligated to say that, would they?

(Don't jump all over me here, folks, I really am asking a serious question, wanting to know.)

They wouldn't be obligated to state that they found a clean hacksaw in Stephen's apartment in addition to the one with LG's DNA in the utility closet, but what leads you to believe there may have been 2 hacksaws?

As a former tenant, I can shed some light... The door I believe you are referring to is actually the entrance to the laundry area. In the laundry area I believe there is a storage room. That is the only storage room that I am aware of in the complex.

Awesome! Thanks, that would make sense as the light was on in the room even though it was super late at night. Wow, if only I had known. :banghead:

OK, sorry, I was only speaking from experience, not just watching others using hacksaws. Thank you though, and your correct, its too sad to think about..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member