GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't LE have to give a receipt of some sort listing items taken with a search warrant? This would be so the owner could get the items back if they are not used for evidence. I think this happens. Then again, I could be wrong. Can a search warrant be as vague as stating something like "any and all evidence" used in commission of the crime or do they have to be specific? If they have to be specific, what happens if they find something incriminating that is not listed in the search warrant?

They would have to be more specific than that.

Yes, this morning I woke up and turned on WMAZ. Oh I wish I had not done so. I came in on the bug defense. My head almost came off. He would never hurt a bug. He would carry the bug all the way outside. urghhhh
I have known two men who would go to the extreme measure of carrying bugs outside in front of others to show their humanity. (they would even save stinging and venous bugs). However they never had a problem of bouncing a woman's head against sheet rock or trying to strangle them to death. It's too bad they didn't respect human females as much as bugs.
I hope SM has a better defense than he is good to inch worms and *advertiser censored* roaches.

There are some serious misunderstandings of search warrants going on here. I would be much more disturbed in Glenda did not have copies of the warrants. The police have to document what they have and have to provide appropriate notice. They likely left a copy at the house and may have even sent a copy to Buford as well.

Yes. He understandably danced around some of those questions--kudos to the journalist for giving them a shot. Contrary to the intro to the interview, I didn't hear him say his client was innocent. It was implied, but I don't think he sounded convincing/convinced.

ETA: Does anyone know anything about his attorney?

I know a lot about Floyd , he is a very good man.

I am with Smooth, there is something about this that gives you a sick feeling . Glenda seems just like her son, trying to draw attention to herself, and insert herself into this thing . She admits her son bought a hacksaw, she admits her son has tons of blue clothing. You know Floyd Buford has spoken to this woman. Has he told her to shut up, (My guess) OR has he told her what to say (Doubtful but possible) in order to generate pre-trial publicity such that there is no other option than mistrial , hung jury, or get to that "one person" on the jury that has "reasonable doubt" and then McD walks , a free man that has gotten away with murder just like he said he could

If McD had been there at the time of the search, the police would have given him a copy of the search warrant to prove they had the right to search. Since he wasn't there, but was in jail, it would not at all be unusual for them to leave a copy inside the apartment. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the police would be required to leave a copy behind. Maybe someone who knows for sure can speak to this but I am almost certain that is the case.

You are spot on, Colonel Mustard.

I've been present when search warrant(s) were being served, and yes, LE should present and leave a copy of the warrant as "proof" of why they "believe" they have the "right" to search.
Also, depending on (various factors- including but not limited to: the nature of the warrant/charges,the area of the country, if it's local LE or Federal, etc ), I've seen the warrant listing very specific items; but also have seen the very broad "any and all evidence related to *advertiser censored* ..."

ETA: They should also leave a copy of an "inventory" list, detailing any and all items that they "take with them" when they have completed the "searching"...

Help me Jesus! I am so baffled at just WTF is going on down there???

This woman is..{how can I put this in the most tactful yet still effective way?}.. Glenda is seriously impeding on her own son's constitutional rights with this bizarre behavior that I personally find much more disturbing than even Cindy Anthony's.. I am not even sure how that is possible after watching 3 years of Cindy Anthony but I cannot yet quite put my finger on what it is that I am having such an overwhelming sick in the pit of my stomach from watching as this continues to unfold.. I know in time it will become overwhelmingly apparent exactly what it is that has my instincts on high alert and feeling very unsettled..

Tho, I full well realize that our instincts are not in and of themselves foolproof and cannot be fully relied on to ever decide an outcome of guilty or not guilty.. But I will say this over the course of my life I have learned the hard way at times to listen to my instincts and in doing so I've not been led wrong.. I am in no way whatsoever claiming to having some sixth sense and that my instincts are so 100% dead on accurate on every single element of a case or investigation.. But rather I am just a person that is in tune with what her instincts are and combined with objectively looking at a case, its findings and evidence as they one by one, piece by piece come to light these two methods together make it possible to then draw what are logical conclusions which are usually pretty damn accurate.. This is no gift, no trick, no secret method but rather something all or the majority of us are able to do if one has learned to listen to and go with what those God given instincts are saying to you or leading you to do or to believe..

With that explained atleast a little bit I go back to the case at hand and again I reiterate that there is something that is literally felt at the very pit of my stomach that is very unsettling.. I'll admit that this is not a normal consistent feeling that I usually experience for any remarkable amount of time, but rather in my past experiences I may get a very strong unsettling feeling about a particular piece of the puzzle, or a specific statement of an individual somehow involved in or around the case.. Usually they are easily discerned exactly what the issue is that is bringing about this instinctive reaction and I am able to see it for what it is, make a mental note of it to ponder at a later point when looking at the case as a whole..the big picture so to speak..

This is very different.. There is something that is IMO possibly underlying, hidden beneath the surface that some people involved in or around this case may be wanting this possible issue to stay there hidden beneath the surface and not known.. I don't yet know and that it is nothing more than a speculative guess of what "it" could be.. I just am not certain what "it" is yet but I can tell you that with complete certainty that there is something there that has been with me for several weeks that continues to literally leave a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach..

Back to the topic at hand with GM and her reckless and irresponsible statements that she is openly stating.. I am wondering what Buford's move is going to be of whether to stay on for the entire duration of this extremely disturbing case.. I can only imagine being and dealing with it firsthand what his instincts are probably sending off warning bells about this case being so very much more than what meets the eye.. and just what those underlying issues are could very likely blow this case up right in a defense attorneys face when you have a client that is not being honest or forthcoming about ANYTHING AT ALL.. I'll again bring up Buford's comment about Stephen's insistance that he is innocent.. several of us caught it when it was said and it struck us as an odd way of wording the sentiment of his client's innocence.. Most times you hear the attorney making the insisting claim that their client is indeed absolutely innocent of the charge of murder, but Buford worded it very differently.. IMO it was possibly not even planned to say it that way but as we know many times the mind sometimes overrides what you think is the right thing to say and just out pours the words more indicative of what one's true thoughts are..

From the minute Glenda attempted to stand up in the middle of open court while in session and thought even an inkling of a possibility was there for her to have ever been granted permission to speak out in a court proceeding.. That minute my instincts were not what I will state is typically the feeling and/or reaction that I normally would be hit with in seeing a mother's desperation for her own child.. which is an overwhelming feeling of sympathy, empathy, pain and heart ache.. I was even taken aback at my reaction and why I was not feeling what I usually feel in similar situations.. Where there is usually overwhelming sympathy and sadness was replaced with an unusual instinctive knot twisted in the pit of my stomach of something being very wrong.. The alarm bells were sounding for me and since then it has only continued to twist my gut and set off alarms within every instinct of my mind, body, and soul..

What is this woman doing? Is this where we are going to see that the self serving behaviors are directly derived from that many of us see in Stephen with a deep core of utter entitlement and get what he wants, how he wants, and it is gotten at all costs...no matter who or what the cost is or how great the cost is.. when it is desired it is achieved even when the cost is a young woman's entire life lost, stolen, stripped from her parents and brutally murdered.. No cost is too large when its seen that the life of Lauren was easily and without remorse taken in a most extreme of depraved ways..

So certainly without even so much as a second thought given would sacrificing DD's life even have them bat an eyelash.. IMO he's likely seen as an extremely easy and necessary casualty for the desired end result that is being sought.. IMo its quite likely that in time as this case continues we will see exactly how Stephen came to be what in many of our opinions is nothing short of straight up monsterous evil..

The sense of entitlement that is clearly present in GM's stating that blue and gray fibers which she states that she had come to the conclusion were found to be on Lauren's torso will likely be found in what she believes to be blue and gray fibers in none other than the car of DD.. These blatant and slanderous allegations are absolutely proof positive to me that it si not only SM that has clear signs of self serving motives at the cost of anyone's life being shattered and even slaughtered but that there is shaping up to be a very similar attitude and mindset as well not only shared by his mother but imo actually is born of his mother and it is the dangerous environment of shame, threats thru religious guilting and IMO many many many volatile and dangerous circumstances and situations that in essence created the perfect storm of what was eventually unleashed on his innocent victim, Lauren..

I am beginning to think her mental capacity is not up to par. What mother in her right mind would say the police are searching for blue and gray fibers and that her child's favorite color is blue and he has lots of blue clothing???? Maybe she is just setting up the next excuse for when the blue/gray fibers are identified as SM's. IMO.....I can just hear it...."well of course they match his...he has lots of blue..". Geez......

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/10/1660459/mcdaniels-mom-police-focused-on.html#disqus_thread Now I do have a question, does anyone else recall early on a reference to a Subaru belonging to McDaniel and Glenda saying that police asked her if her son had more than one car? Here is a picture of a Geo Prizm. May be just my imagination, and/or be irrelevant, but I wonder what happened to the Subaru ? Why is car still impounded ? Did SM carry LG's body parts around in it ? I am thinking he had her in his refrigerator, not the one downstairs. How could he know no one would go in there ?

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/10/1660459/mcdaniels-mom-police-focused-on.html#disqus_thread Now I do have a question, does anyone else recall early on a reference to a Subaru belonging to McDaniel and Glenda saying that police asked her if her son had more than one car? Here is a picture of a Geo Prizm. May be just my imagination, and/or be irrelevant, but I wonder what happened to the Subaru ? Why is car still impounded ? Did SM carry LG's body parts around in it ? I am thinking he had her in his refrigerator, not the one downstairs. How could he know no one would go in there ?

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/14/1630766/refrigerator-removed-from-apartment.html

In this article, McD's neighbor says she believes he has an import- "perhaps" a Subaru. Sounds like she was just guessing the make of the car.

Glenda McDaniel:

They are looking for blue and gray fibers--and BOY does my son have a lot of blue!!!!! I mean, look at that blue billabong shirt he was wearing the day her body was found!! Boy, my boy sure does love blue. And praaaaaaying. Also, he is innocent.

ROFL--that's what I was thinking, does she not realize how damning that is? :floorlaugh:

I am with Smooth, there is something about this that gives you a sick feeling . Glenda seems just like her son, trying to draw attention to herself, and insert herself into this thing . She admits her son bought a hacksaw, she admits her son has tons of blue clothing. You know Floyd Buford has spoken to this woman. Has he told her to shut up, (My guess) OR has he told her what to say (Doubtful but possible) in order to generate pre-trial publicity such that there is no other option than mistrial , hung jury, or get to that "one person" on the jury that has "reasonable doubt" and then McD walks , a free man that has gotten away with murder just like he said he could
A few thoughts:

When I first saw video of GM standing up in the courtroom, my immediate response was that she intended to control the outcome. Takes a control freak with some big, swingin' cajones to interrupt a court proceeding. And it looked like she would explode with frustration when the judge denied her antics.

Secondly, a hacksaw with traces of LG's DNA was found in a place that might implicate the MM. Is it possible that fibers from MM's car were also placed on the body by the perp as part of the get-out-of-jail-free card? It seems pretty odd to me that SM just happens to have intimate knowledge of fiber color in MM's car. After all, MM lives in the same complex, but in a separate bldg. Why would SM even notice?

I wonder if SM is leaking things to GM, whom he knows cannot keep her mouth shut, in order to draw attention to the evidence he's planted on his second intended victim and fall guy, MM.

Feedback?

Yeah, I'm thinking there would be one copy of this on site (if at all),
and would probably be in a vehicle inside a folder.
I mean... no body's there to "serve" it to.

They would probably bring the warrant inside for investigators to refer back to, as only those things on the search warrant are allowed to be removed, it's important to have on hand.

I bet the DA wakes up every morning gleefully anticipating another GM interview. She's serving all kind of contradictions up on a silver platter for them to use in trial. Should be easy to strike all of the ridiculous stories out one by one. She's signaling the defense's hand well before they need to play it.

Seeing as the GBI has his computer, I would expect that they would delete any online accounts
he had, and certainly remove any references/copies anywhere they could of anything important,
once they gathered everything from those accounts they needed.

I'll also say that I have seen google censor certain results
and literally block emails with certain content at LE's request.
I, personally, had an outgoing gmail message blocked which had an attached photo
of someone which LE posted briefly, then pulled from the web at the request of the U.S. Marshals.
I was able to send this photo to someone via other email accounts, but every attempt to send a message
with that particular photo attached via gmail would simply disappear and never reach it's destination.

ETA: oh, and yes I used different filenames, etc. I believe they were using image recognition.
see http://www.tineye.com/ if your curious...

Thank-you for your post.

I agree that LE can have information and online accounts removed. There has been enough time to have done that. I have seen it before also.

But, usually they can't get absolutely all remnants if there were different handles and emails used.

Of course, SM's law school address would be an obvious one right from the beginning, so, that could explain it.

I'd like to know what LE officer would be careless enough to leave behind a copy of the search warrant.
Does this sound unrealistic to anyone else?
Is she just saying this, yet has seen the warrant somewhere else?

In Zahra Baker's case, the search warrants were left purposefully for the owners of the home, to show what was removed.

I thought it was protocol to leave a copy of the search warrant with the person being searched? :waitasec:

Yes, this morning I woke up and turned on WMAZ. Oh I wish I had not done so. I came in on the bug defense. My head almost came off. He would never hurt a bug. He would carry the bug all the way outside. urghhhh
I have known two men who would go to the extreme measure of carrying bugs outside in front of others to show their humanity. (they would even save stinging and venous bugs). However they never had a problem of bouncing a woman's head against sheet rock or trying to strangle them to death. It's too bad they didn't respect human females as much as bugs.
I hope SM has a better defense than he is good to inch worms and *advertiser censored* roaches.

HOGWASH......ARGHH!!!!!!!!^%*^%$*$

Here is a perfect example of another heinous murderer, who would remove the frogs from his lawn prior to cutting it, and who, once charged, wrote 5 letters to his victims and his wife, whereupon he had more damn concern for his cat than his victims. If you read the 5 short, concise letters, it will sicken you.

Neighbours say Williams loves animals and likes holding his cat Rose in his arms. While mowing the lawn, he would reportedly examine the lawn for frogs, dragging his feet through the grass so he wouldn't harm them.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/762547

Transcripts of Williams letters to his wife, victims

To his wife, Mary-Elizabeth Harriman:

Dearest Mary-Elizabeth,

I love you, sweet (indecipherable). I am so very sorry for having hurt you like this. I know you'll take good care of sweet Rosie [the couple's cat].
I love you, Russ.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/10/20/williams-letters-transcripts.html

The police removed the downstairs unit, so I am guessing they had VERY good reason to believe it was used in the crime, since it was specifically targeted even though it didn't belong to McDaniel.
There is a good chance McDaniel habitually snooped through people's apartments, learned of their plans, habits, comings and goings. Maybe somehow he managed to ascertain that in all likelihood the tenant would not be returning to the apartment during that time frame, maybe he found out somehow that the tenant would be out of town. I'd like to hear from that tenant, to see whether they had informed McD of their plans.

Almost as damning as saying, yes my son did buy a hacksaw. And he always leaves the packaging lying around

:great:

Oh but didn't his friend say that he was super tidy and would make a great roommate?
Sooo, still having the packaging for a Hacksaw you bought in April WITHOUT the hacksaw does not strike me as a tidy person's method of operation.

The police removed the downstairs unit, so I am guessing they had VERY good reason to believe it was used in the crime, since it was specifically targeted even though it didn't belong to McDaniel.
There is a good chance McDaniel habitually snooped through people's apartments, learned of their plans, habits, comings and goings. Maybe somehow he managed to ascertain that in all likelihood the tenant would not be returning to the apartment during that time frame, maybe he found out somehow that the tenant would be out of town. I'd like to hear from that tenant, to see whether they had informed McD of their plans.

I would think that BB would tell everyone her tenants' plans. Downstairs Man would not even have to say anything directly to SmD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22