GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She says the search warrants indicated that detectives seized “articles of clothing and towels and other items in (Stephen’s) apartment that had blue or gray fibers. And they took quite a list of items. He wears a lot of blue. ... Blue happens to be my favorite color, and if I buy a gift for him, frequently it’s blue.”
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/10/1660459/mcdaniels-mom-police-focused-on.html#ixzz1Ue5CeyVt

Little glimpses ...

In ZB's case, LE removed carpet, cut out floorboards, and stripped the bathroom, so naturally they would provide the landlord a copy of the SW.

In this case, the occupant rents the premises, and he was incarcerated. I would expect a copy to be submitted to his lawyer, but I wasn't sure they would leave one lying around the apartment, especially in such a high profile case where LE is trying so hard to maintain secrecy. The landlady, BB, would be given one, though, which might also explain why GM is so well informed.

Well, Bessie, I agree, but there were 11 different search warrants issued by 4 different judges.

The Search Warrant that I remembered reading about is the original Search Warrant from October 11, 2010, when LE first got the call.

The procedure in North Carolina, seems to indicate that a copy must be left according to Page 7, Section 1 and 2 of the following Warrant. You can clearly see that an itemized list was indicated on the warrant.

In Zahra's Case, Section 2 (a) was checked off, since nobody was home at the premises when they were searched.

Following this outline, it is possible that is how Glenda came upon the search warrant information that she is speculating on in the media. Or it could be as you say, that BB was given the copy of the search warrant as the owner of the premises, and she has now shared that information with Glenda, who is discussing it with the media.

Taken from Page 7, Section 1 and 2; Original Search Warrant in Zahra Baker Case, October 11, 2010.

1. I left a copy of this inventory with the person named below, who is:
a. the owner of the premises searched
b. the owner of the vehicle searched
c. the person in apparent control of the premises searched
d. the person in apparent control of the vehicle searched
e. the person from whom the items were taken

2. As no person was present, I left a copy of this inventory:

a. in the premises searched, identified on the reverse
b. in the vehicle searched, identified on the reverse

Full Copy of the actual Search Warrant here:

http://www.wbtv.com/link/460807/search-warrant-for-hickory-missing-girl?redirected=true

The district attorney’s office is fighting to keep search warrants relating to the Zahra Baker homicide case sealed.

The warrants that have been sealed include one each for Elisa Baker’s MySpace account, Facebook account and America Online email account, and eight for Elisa and Adam Baker’s house at 21 21st Avenue, NW, in Hickory. The search warrants were from Oct. 11-Oct. 29.

The Hickory Police Department asked for the search warrants to be sealed. On each search warrant, judges stated “the release of information contained in said search warrant and its return will potentially undermine an ongoing investigation or jeopardize the right of the state to prosecute a defendant or defendants or jeopardize the rights of a defendant or defendants to receive a fair trial.”

The 11 search warrants have been signed by four different judges.

According to an administrative order effective Oct. 1 from resident Catawba County Superior Court Judge Timothy Kincaid, arrest and search warrants and related documents become public record when they are executed and returned to the clerk’s office, unless they are sealed by the court.

If they are sealed, as the search warrants in the Zahra Baker case were, they “shall expire in 30 days unless a different expiration date is specified in the order,” according to the administrative order.

However, “the state may move for an extension of an order sealing or redacting a court document and the existing order shall remain in effect until the motion for extension is decided.”

Although the search warrants were initially believed to be unsealed on Monday, prosecutor Sean McGinnis came to the clerk’s office and filed a motion to extend the sealed orders

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...zahra-baker-search-warrants-sealed-ar-576265/

Ok...something else just struck me as odd.

McD can remember everyone name and where they live and can spit it out during a stressful interview, yet when it comes to framing Dorer, he calls him MM. This, IMO, is interesting.
SmD is either:
A. A genius, creating a mental image in the public's mind about a shadey MM and not a button down wearing, twenty something Law Student with his whole life ahead of him.
or
B. Not referring to him by name because it is easier to point the finger at someone who is faceless and nameless in what is the remote corners of his conscience.
or
C. Shows a judgement that he has made on Dorer through observation and interaction. Everyone else in Law School has a name and a street that they live on, but Maintenance Man is not afforded the same distiction. He is not Dorer "the law student," he is nothing more than the Maintenance Man at an apartment complex.

That is an interesting observation, I never thought about that.

SM can remember obscure details and names, but not the name of the MM he was setting up for his murder....hmmm.....that was a subtle move on his part, avoiding DD's name, but, again, it seems to be something out of character, since he appears to have paid great attention to the details, like the name of the police officer who had parked at the building......:waitasec:

Is MM mentioned in that June 30 interview? I must be mentally blocking it. Don't tell me I have to watch it again....!

I just wanted to point out something in regards to the posters wondering how SMD had time to commit the crime, coverup and cleanup while still attending class and studying for the BAR.

IMO, adrenaline is what made this all possible. If in fact he had been harboring feelings for Lauren and he knew she was close to moving, the anticipation of putting together his plan would cause a great rush of adrenaline. After the commission of the crime, again it would be adrenaline that kept him going to be able to dismember her and cleanup the crime.

It reminds me of being a kid and knowing that I was getting ready to go on vacation. The anticipation of the trip and everything that I was looking forward to kept me up all night and I was able to participate the next day until my parents made me go to bed. I am talking on ZERO sleep.

I don't see SMD being too tired to commit this crime he had preplanned and had anticipated on carrying out just because of a few classes. I see it being a huge adrenaline rush to plan it, carry it out and cover it up.Of course, this is my opinion only and just an observation.

I am not so sure the mother wasn't lining up the cans, looking after her son , like she is doing now . I wonder if she does realizes how much this is going to cost , her "feeling so strongly" about this ? And will Stephen, if he is so smart, allow his parents to go through this financially ? Or will he be granted indigent status like Casey Anthony and get the taxpayers to pick up the tab ? God forbid, because Bibb County is already in enough trouble without having to try to foot a multi-million dollar defense bill . He needs to come clean, confess everything and bring closure to both families. The evidence will be overwhelming, IMO.

Could have been but I believe the cans were that way before they moved him out. At any rate. I dont' see him confessing, seems thats the way to walk.........., of course, I didnt see him doing this in the beginning, others in the area have stated STILL they think he did not do it. Just he's an unusual one. But I see another Casey Anthony case if they dont' find his DNA on something significant of hers or in her apt, and apparently have not yet. All we have is HER DNA on SOMETHING, and in her drain. Well duh, LG is the deceased so that's no news. AND we know not yet how LG was murdered, only that she is deceased. Isnt' that the same scenario as in FL? Maybe GA people think differently than Floridians and can convict on circumstantial evidence alone, there was plenty in that case I would have thought. Not sure there is enough here yet.

McD can remember everyone name and where they live and can spit it out during a stressful interview, yet when it comes to framing Dorer, he calls him MM. This, IMO, is interesting.
SmD is either:
A. A genius, creating a mental image in the public's mind about a shadey MM and not a button down wearing, twenty something Law Student with his whole life ahead of him.
or
B. Not referring to him by name because it is easier to point the finger at someone who is faceless and nameless in what is the remote corners of his conscience.
or
C. Shows a judgement that he has made on Dorer through observation and interaction. Everyone else in Law School has a name and a street that they live on, but Maintenance Man is not afforded the same distiction. He is not Dorer "the law student," he is nothing more than the Maintenance Man at an apartment complex.

I agree with your analysis if McD referred to MM to Glenda McDaniel as a "maintenance man." However, I think what we have at this point is just the mom calling him that. I could imagine McD referring to him by name but describing his position at the apartments as a maintenance man. Glenda McDaniel may have taken it from there.

She certainly has shown herself capable of nuanced misdirection.

I just wanted to point out something in regards to the posters wondering how SMD had time to commit the crime, coverup and cleanup while still attending class and studying for the BAR.

IMO, adrenaline is what made this all possible. If in fact he had been harboring feelings for Lauren and he knew she was close to moving, the anticipation of putting together his plan would cause a great rush of adrenaline. After the commission of the crime, again it would be adrenaline that kept him going to be able to dismember her and cleanup the crime.

It reminds me of being a kid and knowing that I was getting ready to go on vacation. The anticipation of the trip and everything that I was looking forward to kept me up all night and I was able to participate the next day until my parents made me go to bed. I am talking on ZERO sleep.

I don't see SMD being too tired to commit this crime he had preplanned and had anticipated on carrying out just because of a few classes. I see it being a huge adrenaline rush to plan it, carry it out and cover it up.Of course, this is my opinion only and just an observation.

True, I do see your point, just hard to fathom, vacation is one thing. Murder and dismemberment quite another. AND damn near on the sidewalk of GA avenue. Sure would like to know how and where!

You are right...totally two different things. I can't remember where I read it, but the article was talking to the fact that criminals get a great "rush" out of their crimes. I would assume this may have given him a huge rush. Who knows?

I still don't have him convicted in my mind, but I do look forward to seeing the rest of the evidence unfold. Love this site!!!

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/10/1660459/mcdaniels-mom-police-focused-on.html

I thought someone posted up above that maybe SM was telling people to look in the MM's car. But according to this article, it says "Glenda McDaniel thinks....."

In my opinion, someone on the outside planted that one in her head. Bessie suggested she and BB have been chummy. Or it could be some other neighbor giving her info. Maybe one that's been quoted on Macon.com alot recently.

You are right...totally two different things. I can't remember where I read it, but the article was talking to the fact that criminals get a great "rush" out of their crimes. I would assume this may have given him a huge rush. Who knows?

I still don't have him convicted in my mind, but I do look forward to seeing the rest of the evidence unfold. Love this site!!!

I agree.......but I'm not sure yet either 100% but leaning towards his guilt becuase of the various findings whether statemetents/actions/objects of or by SM. I do not SEE him as capable however and I do no judge people by their looks, but dont' judge a book by it's cover I guess, in any direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givsmetheshivers

SmD is either:
or
or

I agree with your analysis if McD referred to MM to Glenda McDaniel as a "maintenance man." However, I think what we have at this point is just the mom calling him that. I could imagine McD referring to him by name but describing his position at the apartments as a maintenance man. Glenda McDaniel may have taken it from there.

good points Shivers..........OR "D"............he cannot appear to KNOW him because this would incriminate him........ (in the fact that he knows him personally therefore too much about him and can easily have framed him) He has not problem naming the others becuase theyhave and there is no connection to him

IMO.. It would seem that the blue or grey fibers would have come from towels in LG apt.
I sure hope they are recognized by her parents if they were found in SM apt. Seems I remember early on something being said about checking the wash machines. I think there will be blue and grey fibers in the lint catchers. IMO

A good point... and it doesn't necessarily have to involve any adrenaline or "rush".
Just a intense interest in what you're doing.
Even the psychological issues/disorders he may have could account for this ability.
Unfortunately, I think I may suffer from some of the same issues SM does.
I frequently stay awake longer than I should due to being "zoned in" on what I'm working on,
and this was even worse when I was his age. I think my record was 56 hours :)

Well, Bessie, I agree, but there were 11 different search warrants issued by 4 different judges.

The Search Warrant that I remembered reading about is the original Search Warrant from October 11, 2010, when LE first got the call.

The procedure in North Carolina, seems to indicate that a copy must be left according to Page 7, Section 1 and 2 of the following Warrant. You can clearly see that an itemized list was indicated on the warrant.

In Zahra's Case, Section 2 (a) was checked off, since nobody was home at the premises when they were searched.

Following this outline, it is possible that is how Glenda came upon the search warrant information that she is speculating on in the media. Or it could be as you say, that BB was given the copy of the search warrant as the owner of the premises, and she has now shared that information with Glenda, who is discussing it with the media.
Good point about ZB's SW's. I have copies saved on my computer, but it's been awhile since I've looked at them. So for now I'll concede a SW was probably left behind in the apartment.

That is an interesting observation, I never thought about that.

SM can remember obscure details and names, but not the name of the MM he was setting up for his murder....hmmm.....that was a subtle move on his part, avoiding DD's name, but, again, it seems to be something out of character, since he appears to have paid great attention to the details, like the name of the police officer who had parked at the building......:waitasec:

I'm confused, when did we see McD himself, speak about MM?

I recall that GM is the one who outed MM. I have to go back and find the first news story, but I believe she referred to him only as the "maintenance man". Pretty obvious why she would not actually say his name, but give enough details that it would be easy to figure out who he was.

ETA-
The accusations against a maintenance worker at Barristers Hall Apartments first became known during an interview WSB-TV conducted with Stephen McDaniel's mother, Glenda McDaniel where Mrs. McDaniel told a reporter that a maintenance man killed Lauren and was framing her son. She said the maintenance man had keys to all the apartments.
http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Maintenance-Man-Has-An-Arrest-Record-127245138.html
and

"Stephen is innocent, but he ran into the killer face to face on Thursday night," she told Fleischer.Glenda McDaniel said her son caught an apartment maintenance worker on Giddings' balcony at midnight two days before she vanished. Stephen McDaniel gave that man's name to the district attorney.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28750291/detail.html

As far as I know SM has never referred to the MM as MM, or SD, this was coming second hand from interviews with the mother. He could have told his Mom "I think SD did it , he had a passkey and was the MM" , and she relayed that back through the media only as MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77