GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his IG account.

jeff_hazelwood

People are arguing with his family on there - it's a little out of control. The family is defending him (if one of my brothers did this, I would disown them), and people are arguing and calling names - which I think is stooping to their level, so I have not, and will not, post any comments on there. It's interesting to read, though....

Article summarizes today's hearing:

Roswell police Detective Jennifer Bennett testified that, according to Hazelwood, he opened the door of the car and was confronted by Carter, who tried to fight him and keep him out of the vehicle. He said he struck Carter with his gun and then, because he was afraid of the teenager, shot Carter in the head.

Hazelwood said he then ordered Natalie out of the car and made her take her clothes off. He told investigators he sexually assaulted her with his hand and then ordered her to face the car and put her hands on the hood. When she had done so, Hazelwood said, he spanked Natalie and then shot her in the head. As she spoke of Natalie spreading her hands out on the hood of the car, Detective Bennett broke down and wept on the stand.

snip

In his cross-examination of Detective Bennett, one of Hazelwood's attorneys said that the suspect suffers from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

Bennett testified that, perhaps an hour after the killings, Hazelwood went to a nearby gas station, wearing a Guy Fawlkes mask, and used Natalie's credit card to pay. He said he then returned to the murder scene and stole Carter's jumper cables, apparently out of concern that his car might break down.

When police arrested him at a convenience store about 48 hours later, they found the mask in his car, the jumper cables and a revolver they believe was the murder weapon. Bennett said Hazelwood apparently stole the gun from his grandfather.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/roswell-shootings-hazelwood-not-yet-in-court-for-p/nsJHs/

Okay so Hazelwood goes out with his gun...

Was he looking for a victim? But how many people are "sitting ducks" at 2-4 AM like Carter and Natalie were?

Wow, catching up, and the story is all so much more horrific the more details come out. I am so, so sad for the victim's families, finding their worst fears come true when they arrived at that Publix that morning, and for the perpetrator's grandparents. :( :( After hearing all this, and the unbelievable news that he had no illegal drugs in his system, I think the pentagram may be a clue, but the schizophrenia/bipolar diagnoses are most important in looking for a cause/motive.

What is going on with the feet/toe burning thing?!

First thing I thought of was the jumper cables, and maybe he went back for them to hide evidence, not really thinking through all the other bits of trail he had left behind, but that seems less likely with JH's recent explanation of going back for them afraid his car would break down. Feather could be something that was on the ground (lots of Canada geese leave their feathers everywhere around here), or something intentional.

Suspect wearing Guy Fawkes mask as buying gas with Vic's credit card

At least we know now why he wasn't turned in. It wasn't a ski mask or something you expect a robber to be wearing. Well, unless you're watching TV; I think a couple of TV bank robbers have worn Guy Fawkes masks.

ok so reposting this pic....note the utility box upper left. You can see the hatchback of NH's CRV in a parking spot in left of square...end CD's black Camry on right of square. There is 1 parking space between them..this is were the kids were found next to each of their cars. Also note the grocery store roof...
image001.png

A little after 3 am JH's car parks in the Publix lot...not behind the store. Around 3:12 am NH and CDs cars go around to the back of the store. At about 3:15 JH gets out of his vehicle and walks.runs around to back of store. He says he watches NH and CD from the top of a utility box..then from the roof of the store. NH and CD were in the back seat of her CRV...it was unlocked..JH opens the door. There is confrontation between JH and CD..JH hits CD in the head and fires the gun., a Sig Sauer 9mm. Then JH shoots CD once in the head. D is wearing shorts. JH has NH get out of her car..she is wearing shirt and underwear...JH makes her undress, and he sexually assaults her with his hand. He makes her bend over the hood of her car and then spanks her...then he shoots her in the right top part of her head. There were blood smears between her legs..it was not sated if the blood was hers or from CD of JH. I do not know if he had the mask on then....
It was not clear whether abrasions on her had/nose were from JH or from her falling to the ground.

JH was behind the store for about 20 minutes, left for about an hour, came back for 7 minutes and then left again.

No shell casing were found at the scene, however they were found in his car...so he picked them up and took them with him.

Here is a link to the hearing from youtube...heartbreaking to see the parents. The detective had to stop briefly when speaking of NH...prob difficult enough without having to do so in front of teary eyed parents.

[video=youtube;1mAR0civjSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mAR0civjSA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mAR0civjSA[/video]

Warning: mental illness diatribe/pontification ahead! (All very relevant to this case)

He's not too far gone if he knows to lie about it. SMH. JMO.

That's not how it works. He could have been having a psychotic break, and now that it's over he needs to cover for himself to avoid the death penalty (very real possibility in GA), could have been hearing voices and now isn't going through that, any number of things. "Not knowing right from wrong" is the result of some types of mental illness; it is not all of them. Again, Jeffrey Dahmer knew he was doing the wrong thing, and wished he could stop, but that didn't keep him from doing it over and over again. He was certifiably seriously mentally ill *and* knew what he was doing was wrong.

He is a diagnosed schizophrenia, BPD, sensory processing disorder, Aspergers.

IMO no meds in system = no psych meds or side effect meds (to stop shaking)

This is KEY. My first cousin has schizophrenia (his sister and grandmother have bipolar) and as an adult, he has worked with his mother to treat it without meds because the meds took away any semblance of life for him. He shakes almost all the time. Not from withdrawal, because he hasn't been on meds in ages. It may be a stimming thing to calm his mind; I'm not sure. The shaking (more his head than his hands) is severe with him, Tourette's-like (my sister has Tourette's & my kids tic severely when their nutrition is off - brain imbalances run through our family like a freight train).

He needs meds. He's a very sick person mentally. He really is legit %$ up... He shouldn't have been in society...my opinion. The state most likely failed the grandparents...they appeared to be screaming for help but no one would listen.

EXACTLY. I hope people are paying attention to this! I don't expect the state to do everything for those suffering with mental illness, but it would be helpful if they would get out of the way and allow commitments in respect-filled places that would really help and/or protect people.

I'd also like to know WTH she saw in him...but that's neither here nor there.

Schizophrenics are exactly like anyone else when they're not experiencing a serious break. My cousin is a wonderful, caring father who is intelligent and respectful when his schizophrenia is under control. Anyone could see why his wife loves him. When it's out of control, he's scary, and ends up in jail. (That said, knowing what I now know, I would strongly discourage any of my adult children from dating a schizophrenic unless they really, really knew and accepted the burdens and risks they were accepting.)

Here's an interesting tidbit: If you give another person medical power of attorney in GA, the power to commit you involuntarily is specifically excluded. I don't know if this exists, but I think a person should be able to give a medical POA to a closely trusted loved one that *does* give the power to involuntarily commit an adult. It would be something s/he would have to agree to when in his/her right mind. Yes, there's potential for abuse, but the current system isn't working.

YEP! I hope he gets the death penalty. I live here and do not want my tax dollars paying for his meals for life in prison. I'd rather pay for his injection.....

I live in Roswell. If the state is going to pay for something, I'd rather it have been for effective medication and/or treatment before it ever got to this point. I don't want the state to kill him when it was the state that failed him with its laws preventing effective isolation of dangerous people from the community.

Unfortunately, medication doesn't always work, or it is so strong it makes you zombie-like (my cousin's schizophrenic cousin has been in this state for over a decade. His life is gone, but he's no longer a danger to himself or others). More and more, I think a better answer is having villages where mentally ill people of similar levels of illness can live lives of dignity together with caretakers, heavy oversight, medications when effective, and as much autonomy as possible, but no dangerous weapons around. More dignified than the asylums of old, safer than our current mode of "we can't admit him until he actually hurts someone." Ultimately, I bet it could be done less expensively than constant temporary ineffective commitments, murders, investigations, trials, death penalties, and lifelong incarcerations.

I do not think he is stupid (his writings online are coherent and mostly well-written), just evil. He is mentally ill, for sure, but not insane enough to not know what he was doing.

Because of your incorrect thoughts about how mental illness and knowledge of right & wrong work, your statement is effectively that severely mentally ill people are evil. Where is the evidence that the evil ACTIONS he took are a result of anything other than a disease of the brain that he never asked for and never got good treatment for?

There was a news story not long ago on TV about the mental health crisis in GA. I'll look for it and post it. It's hard for people to get mental health and drugs here. Everything is considered "addictive" or "abusive"...so much so that patients that need it can't access it. Drs wont WRITE. It's the craziest dang thing. GA has a real problem with drs....JMO

Certainly doctors in GA and elsewhere *do* over-prescribe certain addictive drugs (notably painkillers). A friend who is a pharmacist regales me with stories of the people who come in trying to get her to sell them opioids without an Rx b/c the doctor gave them with an Rx and didn't follow up to help make sure addiction didn't follow. And with all the mental illness in my family, I've never heard any of them complain that they couldn't get meds when they wanted them. The problem is much more often that they stop taking the drugs when they need them.

I am just heartbroken that once again, someone who should not have been in society at all due to a brain that can no longer work correctly was allowed to roam free by the law preventing other options, and so now more innocent young people are dead. This is a horrible tragedy, and I pray, pray, pray that we learn from it.

Several things to think about...how did no one hear 3 gun shots...well those giant AC units on top of the store could drown out the noise not to mention it was August 1 in Georgia so every AC unit in the state was probably running then. Plus the trees in the back.

Also, he was at the Waffle House just before all of this. Then he went to the Publix parking lot...why? to hunt for people?
Sometime afterwards he went back to the grandparents' house. I guess he was tired...geez.

Something that really bothers me...it was stated that the grandparents were afraid of him and told him he had to leave the home. That he was dangerous and that he had stolen weapons including a gun ( a sig I think). I used to feel badly for the grandparents however now I have a big sore spot and the gun used was taken from the grandfathers truck. Um wth was the gun in his truck where JH could get it????..especially if they were afraid of him?????
Seriously???

It was also noted that JH had said or had written about wanting to be an assassin...well I guess he is one now. That's what he did...and he knew he did..cuz he tried to cover it up.

The burns could be from lighter or even car lighter...either way that is just wack.

Warning: mental illness diatribe/pontification ahead! (All very relevant to this case)

I live in Roswell. If the state is going to pay for something, I'd rather it have been for effective medication and/or treatment before it ever got to this point. I don't want the state to kill him when it was the state that failed him with its laws preventing effective isolation of dangerous people from the community.

Because of your incorrect thoughts about how mental illness and knowledge of right & wrong work, your statement is effectively that severely mentally ill people are evil. Where is the evidence that the evil ACTIONS he took are a result of anything other than a disease of the brain that he never asked for and never got good treatment for?

Certainly doctors in GA and elsewhere *do* over-prescribe certain addictive drugs (notably painkillers). A friend who is a pharmacist regales me with stories of the people who come in trying to get her to sell them opioids without an Rx b/c the doctor gave them with an Rx and didn't follow up to help make sure addiction didn't follow. And with all the mental illness in my family, I've never heard any of them complain that they couldn't get meds when they wanted them. The problem is much more often that they stop taking the drugs when they need them.

I agree that something should be done before it gets to the point of tragedy. Unfortunately, it is not that way. I live in the area as well, I DO hope he gets the death penalty, and so I will agree to disagree on that point. I also DO think severely mentally ill people should be treated for free and given free medication if they cannot afford it - for their own good and the good of the community.

As far as me thinking severely mentally ill people are evil, that is also an incorrect statement. I actually have a B.S. in Psychology and am very well aware that severely mentally ill people are not evil. You assumed that is what I meant. I have been saying from day 1 (read back through the thread) that his mental illness was the issue in this situation and that he may have been in psychosis or delusional. I have also stated many times that with proper meds, this probably would not have happened. I still believe he is evil. That is my opinion and has nothing to do with his mental illness.

How did he get on the roof of Publix?

The detective asked him, "Like Spiderman?" and he said, "Yes"..... I think she said he said he scaled the wall... it's probably in an article somewhere. The Spiderman thing I remember, though....

Warning: TOTAL SPECULATION and guesswork on my part

A couple of things come to mind regarding the "ring circular looking mark"

* Indentation from shoes? You know how when you wear sandals, sometimes the lines stay on your feet after you take the shoes off.

* This is gross, but...a hickey? Could the perp have been into feet? IDK and I don't really want to think about it.

I also think of cigarette burns, but I'm guessing the ME could identify those.

Indentions from the end of a gun?

jmopinion ONLY

Toe ring?

The Guy Fawkes mask became a big thing with the Occupy Wallstreet movement and have always been used by Anonymous (the hacker group) when posting videos. So I don't think the choice of mask has anything to do with anything other something that has been seen as 'edgy' by social media users for a few years now.

My first thought with the ring shaped mark on NH was the barrel of a gun as well. It seems he fired twice before shooting her; in my experience that would be enough for the barrel to be fairly hot.

The Guy Fawkes mask became a big thing with the Occupy Wallstreet movement and have always been used by Anonymous (the hacker group) when posting videos. So I don't think the choice of mask has anything to do with anything other something that has been seen as 'edgy' by social media users for a few years now.

My first thought with the ring shaped mark on NH was the barrel of a gun as well. It seems he fired twice before shooting her; in my experience that would be enough for the barrel to be fairly hot.

Do people just carry one with them in their cars, though? Seems odd.

Warning: Graphic

Regarding the assault he committed against her with his hands, followed by spanking - I'm wondering if he was somehow "testing" her virginity or "testing" to see what sexual contact had occurred in the car. Perhaps she didn't pass the "test," so he spanked her, shot her, and posed her body after death.

The way the victims were displayed after death leads to the conclusion that he had some sick thoughts - and perhaps humiliating her by testing her purity was part of it.

Were the victims "sacrifices" - male and female?

And the question of HOW he was there at the same time they were there remains unanswered.

TOTAL SPECULATION

They dismissed the Aggravated Assault charges and instead made then Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. I copied and pasted the info from the Superior Court docket, so it might not line up correctly, sorry about the format.....

3. Aggravated Assault
ORDER OF DISMISSAL
5. Aggravated Assault
ORDER OF DISMISSAL

Charges: HAZLEWOOD, JEFFERY Statute Level Date
1. Murder 16-5-1 Felony 08/01/2016

2. Murder 16-5-1 Felony 08/01/2016

3. Aggravated Assault 16-5-21 Felony 08/01/2016

4. Possession of Firearm During Commission of a Or Attempt To Commit Certain Felonies 16-11-106 Felony 08/01/2016

5. Aggravated Assault 16-5-21 Felony 08/01/2016

6. Identity Fraud 16-9-121 Felony 08/01/2016

7. Theft By Taking 16-8-2 Felony 08/01/2016

8. Theft By Taking 16-8-2 Felony 08/01/2016

9. Murder 16-5-1 Felony 08/01/2016

10. Murder 16-5-1 Felony 08/01/2016

11. Possession of Firearm or Knife During Commission of a Felony 16-11-106 Felony 08/01/2016

12. Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon 16-5-21 Felony 08/01/2016

13. Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon 16-5-21 Felony 08/01/2016

So was he just randomly driving around Roswell in the middle of the night with a mask and a gun, looking for someone to kill? And came upon these kids by accident?

Well, *I* don't. But IMO if you are out running around with a gun looking for someone to hurt then it might occur to you to bring along a mask you already had for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror