GA GA- Patrick Boland, 43, fatally stabbed after possible meet-up near the lake @ Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 May 2009

dotr

Reaction score
1690689286262.png

By Tori Cooper
Jul. 28, 2023
''ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) -When most people think of Piedmont Park murders, they think of the latest brutal stabbing of Midtown resident Katie Janness and her dog Bowie two years ago.
The gruesome murder still haunts the community today as the killer remains on the loose.
However, as we mark the two-year anniversary of Janness’ murder, Atlanta News First uncovered another murder in Piedmont Park from 14 years ago.
The case still remains unsolved — and Patrick Boland’s family still wants answers.

Atlanta News First spoke exclusively with the victim’s sister, Sheron Bautista, about what it’s been like trying to find closure for over a decade.
“I miss talking to him, miss hugging him,” Bautista said, adding that her bother was her shining light. “I cannot even begin to describe the pain that I feel when I look at my brother’s picture. His smiling face and just his warmth.”

“I want people out there to realize that even after 14 years, the pain is still immense,” Bautista said.

Boland’s home showed signs that he left abruptly. His sister believes he left to meet someone in the park, but who exactly... remains a mystery.''

She is hoping that by speaking out for the first time, new answers will come to light despite this dark memory. Not just for her brother Patrick but for Katie too.

“I think it’s worth reopening right now and taking a stronger look at the case and the physical evidence that did exist at that time,” Meadows said.''

By Christian Boone
June 1, 2009
''Police have found the missing SUV belonging to a man fatally stabbed in Piedmont Park early Thursday morning, but still haven't determined a motive.
Patrick Boland, 43, was stabbed in the chest near the park's lake, Atlanta police Lt. Keith Meadows said.

Police said early Friday that they Boland's white Toyota Sequoia was missing from his home, and thought locating it might lead to suspects.

The vehicle was recovered Friday night, police spokesman Eric Schwartz said Saturday just after Midnight.
While the murder was originally attributed to a robbery, investigators are now looking into the possibility that the victim was killed while cruising for sex.

The lake is a "widely known cruising area," according to Atlanta Police spokesman Otis Redmond.''

(You have to scroll to see Patrick Boland's entry.)
There are some very sad cases in that list, especially the little girl. From link.
Boland, Patrick
''Boland, Patrick

Date Occurred: 05/28/2009
1073 Piedmont Ave.

Sex: Male
Race: B
Report Narrative: On May 28, 2009, around 0130 hours, Mr. Boland was found stabbed to death inside of Piedmont Park.''

I reached out to several of Patrick's family members. No response. Was there an autopsy or a general description of the weapon that caused his fatal injury? The incident happened near the lake, but on which side? Did Patrick own a computer or cell phone? Were call records examined? Too many unanswered questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201
Back