PAUL G. BILLINGS

pgb.jpg

Details:
Age when missing: 26
HT: 6’0”
WT: 160 - 170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Characteristics: Paul’s nickname was “Phil” and it was tattooed on the inside of his wrist. Paul also had all his teeth.

Circumstances:
Paul was last seen 08/15/1986 in the company of Max Sertle, who later returned to Galena IL without Paul. He called home and told his mom he was caught speeding and needed $100.00 for the fine. She told him to call back after his dad got home to make sure she had the money, but he never called back. The last call Paul made to his mom was to let her know he was in the Marietta Georgia area the end of August, 1986. Paul has ties to Galena IL., Chicago and California.

Investigating Agency(s):
We Can Bring You Hope Organization - ANONYMOUS TIP LINE at (724) 466-4673, or leave a tip on our website at www.wecanbringyouhope.org

The Cobb County Police Department is currently handling this case and can be contacted at: 770-794-5306. Case #: 0121009158

pb.jpg

www.wecanbringyouhope.org

Paul Gene Billings (NamUs)
#MP82196
Original

Original
Original
Original
Original

Demographics

Missing Age: 26 Years
Current Age: 61 - 62 Years
First Name: Paul
Middle Name: Gene
Last Name: Billings
Nickname/Alias: --

Sex: Male
Height: 6' 0" (72 Inches)
Weight1: 85 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances

Date of Last Contact: August 1, 1986
NamUs Case Created: July 14, 2021
County: Whitfield County
Circumstances of Disappearance:
The last contact Paul Billings had with his family was in August of 1986. Paul called his mother’s home and told her he needed $100 to pay a fine he had been issued for speeding. Paul never called back, and the family has never heard from him again. It is uncharacteristic of Paul to fail to call home on a regular basis and the family believes the lack of contact is suspicious.
Paul has ties to Galena, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois and California

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: shoulder
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel

Distinctive Physical Features:

Tattoo: Paul used the nickname, “Phil,” which was tattooed on the inside of one of his wrists. It is unknown left or right.

Interesting how Max Sertle appears to drop from the account, and the Date of Last Contact changes too. What's up with that?

There is a Max C. Sertle who passed away in Galena in 2018 and would've been practically the same age as Paul in 1986, so this could be the same man.

This unidentified person (no photo) matches Paul's height, weight, age, biological sex, race, and hair color. He was found on December 11, 1987 in Juno, Georgia, about an hour and a half away from Dalton, where Paul was last heard from. The remains were skeletonized, and the estimated year of death is 1986-1987, which fits Paul's timeframe. Clothing was also found along with the remains but I don't know if this could be matched to anything Paul was known to have.

I don't have a NamUs account so I have no idea if Paul has been excluded as a match.

Interesting how Max Sertle appears to drop from the account, and the Date of Last Contact changes too. What's up with that?

There is a Max C. Sertle who passed away in Galena in 2018 and would've been practically the same age as Paul in 1986, so this could be the same man.

This unidentified person (no photo) matches Paul's height, weight, age, biological sex, race, and hair color. He was found on December 11, 1987 in Juno, Georgia, about an hour and a half away from Dalton, where Paul was last heard from. The remains were skeletonized, and the estimated year of death is 1986-1987, which fits Paul's timeframe. Clothing was also found along with the remains but I don't know if this could be matched to anything Paul was known to have.

I don't have a NamUs account so I have no idea if Paul has been excluded as a match.
Paul has 0 exclusions listed and the UP you suggested has only 1 which is Timothy Guy.

Thank you for that info! Maybe I can figure out how to submit Paul as a potential match. Not sure if I need to create a NamUs account for that.
You don’t necessarily need a NamUs account to submit a potential match.

NamUs contact for both:

NamUs_East@rti.org

Paul Billings contact info:​

Marietta Police Department​

Matthew Buehler, Detective​

(770) 794-5300
Agency Case Number0121009158

UP4699 contact info.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation - Headquarters Medical Examiner​

William Anderson, Medicolegal Death Investigator
(404) 270-8210

Members online