Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
20-month-old Quinton Simon has been missing from his home in the 500 block of Buckhalter since 6 a.m. this morning. Reported missing at 9 a.m. Wearing a light blue Sesame Street shirt and black pants. Call 9-1-1 with info. More details will be released as we get them.

310677189_465400308954390_7848093880982749017_n.jpg

UPDATE: 10/5/22 3:33 pm
“This is a fluid situation. All things are still possible. We don’t have one concrete theory…all things are possible.” Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley.

Chief just met with the media. Here is the latest information:
CCPD dispatched at 9:42 am this morning to Quinton Simons’ residence, where his mother reported him missing.
An Amber Alert was not issued because there is nothing to indicate at this time that the child was abducted—and, evidence of an abduction is necessary for an Amber Alert.

This does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating with investigators.
We have responded to two calls for service at this home in the last two years. Neither were for a report of a missing child.

The search remains very active with K-9 units from the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, mounted patrol units from The Savannah Police Department, dozens of police officers from numerous agencies—including the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office—currently conducting grid searches of the area. We’ve used our drone and Chatham County’s helicopter for air searches. CEMA is assisting with coordination and operational needs.

We are focused on finding Quinton.

UPDATE : 10/5/22 2:48 pm

Buckhalter Road has re-opened to traffic.

UPDATE: 10/5/22 2:04 pm

We’re shutting down Garrard Avenue between Chatham Parkway and Louis B Mills as we continue our search for Quinton Simon. Buckhalter Rd is closed between the overpass and Garrard.

UPDATE: 10/5/22 12:34 pm

We are continuing to actively search the area for Quinton. We are on foot, using a drone, and have the assistance of the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit. We’ll continue to keep you posted.
In the above article, it states police have been called to this address twice in the past 2 years. Neither was for a missing child.

Update 7:11pm : Chatham county police will end ground search after sunset but will continue with night-flight helicopters that have heat-seeking technology.

Quinton has been gone for a while. It's very concerning that no one has seen him for all this time.

Just hugged my 2 year old grandson tightly.
I get possibly climbing out of a play pen but can’t get passed the doors.
Is this a super safe don’t lock doors neighborhood?

Neighbors told WSAV that they’ve seen Quinton out wandering around the home and the street in the past.

Updated with new video..

Neighbors told WSAV that they’ve seen Quinton out wandering around the home and the street in the past.

Updated with new video..
That's more than a bit concerning, and I guess it does open the door to something like that potentially occurring here.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Updated with new video..
From the link.

Police told WSAV that Quinton’s father has been ruled out as a suspect because he was nowhere near the home when the toddler went missing, according to the Chatham County Police Chief.

Update 7:11pm : Chatham county police will end ground search after sunset but will continue with night-flight helicopters that have heat-seeking technology.

Quinton has been gone for a while. It's very concerning that no one has seen him for all this time.
I wonder what the actual time was that he was last seen.

Yes, they can climb pretty young, but I wonder how he could open an outside door to get out of the trailer?
I agree about the mobility, getting around at that age. But yeah, even if he managed to somehow get the door open, he then has to toddle a long ways to get out of sight. Never know, he could be found alive or someone could have rescued him and could be debating whether to give him back.

From the link.

Police told WSAV that Quinton’s father has been ruled out as a suspect because he was nowhere near the home when the toddler went missing, according to the Chatham County Police Chief.
I wonder if there were stairs or if the door was open or unlocked. Children that young will usually cry frequently if left alone and they get hungry and thirsty quickly. If no one has heard him crying or calling for mama in the area, I'm deeply concerned. If he fell asleep in the area and awakened to dark, he would be screaming/crying IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gknows