Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

The words "cruel and excessive physical pain" were in the indictment. I suspect just based on that that she may have beaten him.

There's a copy of the indictment here:
It's been s long I forgot about that. Ty for the reminder :mad::confused:

It's been s long I forgot about that. Ty for the reminder :mad::confused:
It stuck in my mind like a thorn and I've never forgotten it.

I wish it had been as simple as an OD, little kid getting into drugs and checking out as quickly as possible with minimal suffering, but the indictment is full of implications in its wording that his ending was deliberate, was malicious, was violent, and was not instantaneous.

MOO

It stuck in my mind like a thorn and I've never forgotten it.

I wish it had been as simple as an OD, little kid getting into drugs and checking out as quickly as possible with minimal suffering, but the indictment is full of implications in its wording that his ending was deliberate, was malicious, was violent, and was not instantaneous.

MOO
I can't read the details, but LE must have some solid evidence to back this theory up. Poor little baby boy, this egg donor needs to spend the rest of her life behind bars IMO. There is a cold, evilness to her eyes that makes me cringe every time I see a picture of her.

jmo

The Mail isn't my preference to link to, but I was pretty sure I'd seen it specified somewhere that he was beaten.

I just don't understand beating a child. I hate the sounds of crying, or whatever other horrible sounds a child would make who is being hurt.

I will really never understand this type of rage? Frustration? There must be something different in the brain of a person who can do this type of crime.

I just don't understand beating a child. I hate the sounds of crying, or whatever other horrible sounds a child would make who is being hurt.

I will really never understand this type of rage? Frustration? There must be something different in the brain of a person who can do this type of crime.
Agree, how can anyone intentionally harm and hurt someone so innocent and vulnerable? I think it's evilness in this case, Quinton was an inconvenience to her.

Lots of people experience rage at times, for sure frustration, but to murder your own flesh and blood and dispose of him in a dumpster to ultimately end up in a landfill moves it to a whole other level. The Defendant's state of mind or alleged drug use doesn't account for her actions IMO

The way she acted afterwards, partying, sitting out in the yard, taunting LE "if you find a body I'll come right down and turn myself in". What kind of grieving or even the tinniest bit remorseful mother would act this way? She remained defiant until the end.

She played the odds that that poor Quinton would never be found. She lost, and now I hope she pays the ultimate price for it.

JMO

SAVANNAH, Ga. —
The case against Leilani Simon continued Tuesday afternoon with a hearing on if police forced any statement out of her during the investigation on where her son, Quinton Simon, was.

Judge Tammy Stokes did not make a decision following the arguments from both sides and quickly put the hearing into recess once both sides were done.

An exact court date has not been announced for Leilani's next appearance, but the trial was last scheduled for May.

Agree, how can anyone intentionally harm and hurt someone so innocent and vulnerable? I think it's evilness in this case, Quinton was an inconvenience to her.

Lots of people experience rage at times, for sure frustration, but to murder your own flesh and blood and dispose of him in a dumpster to ultimately end up in a landfill moves it to a whole other level. The Defendant's state of mind or alleged drug use doesn't account for her actions IMO

The way she acted afterwards, partying, sitting out in the yard, taunting LE "if you find a body I'll come right down and turn myself in". What kind of grieving or even the tinniest bit remorseful mother would act this way? She remained defiant until the end.

She played the odds that that poor Quinton would never be found. She lost, and now I hope she pays the ultimate price for it.

JMO
If the child sitter's copious interviews are accurate, it seems like she never bonded with him at all.
I don't think he ever got love from her.
Yet he had a truly beautiful and loving spirit all by himself and he had it naturally..

To subject a child like that to extreme violence is even more serious in my eyes..

She's the only one that put him in that dumpster that early morning, we don't know whether he was alive or dead when she did it..

And it matters nothing that she was likely drugged out of her head when she did it, she still retained enough of a sense of self preservation to be assumed to be at least moderately coherent and rational.

I doubt she ever grieved him at all.
I just hope he is in a better place now.

If the child sitter's copious interviews are accurate, it seems like she never bonded with him at all.
I don't think he ever got love from her.
Yet he had a truly beautiful and loving spirit all by himself and he had it naturally..

To subject a child like that to extreme violence is even more serious in my eyes..

She's the only one that put him in that dumpster that early morning, we don't know whether he was alive or dead when she did it..

And it matters nothing that she was likely drugged out of her head when she did it, she still retained enough of a sense of self preservation to be assumed to be at least moderately coherent and rational.

I doubt she ever grieved him at all.
I just hope he is in a better place now.
Absolutely agree KH, that 'thing' had the wherewithal to cover up the crime, drive and dispose of him in a dumpster, get back home and create an alibi that he wasn't going to the babysitters that day. No pretending and acting like a 'grieving' mother. Not even attempting to act remorseful or respectful when searchers spent how many weeks digging in that hot, unbearable landfill for Quinton's little body.

She knew exactly what she was doing and I despise her for it even more.

MOO

Parts of four separate interviews that Leilani did with police were played in court, highlighting her story, which evolved from her saying that she was home and in bed at midnight before discovering Quinton was missing at 9 a.m. to admitting that she had been out driving to a gas station at 1:25 a.m. Another interview revealed a detective accusing Leilani of needlessly accusing her ex, Quinton’s father, of being involved.

"Billie Howell, the mother of Leilani Simon, is now petitioning for custody of Simon’s two living children. Simon is the Chatham County woman accused of killing her 20-month-old son Quinton and hiding his body in a dumpster.

Court records show Howell has filed a petition for child custody.

It was filed at the end of March, before a congressional report on an investigation into Georgia’s foster care system was released. The report concluded mismanagement of the system led to the deaths and injuries of children - naming little Quinton among them."

More at link above.

Chatham County October 2022 Child Fatality: In this fatality case, the deceased child
was staying with their grandmother as part of a Safety Plan, since the child’s mother had a history
of substance abuse and an open case with DFCS regarding the child’s one-year-old sibling.94 The
mother was not supposed to be left alone with the one-year-old.95 The grandmother, who also had
a history with CPS, went out of town, and the one-year-old sibling was left alone with the mother.96
The one-year-old’s body was later found in a landfill and the mother was indicted for murder.97
OCA identified several deficiencies in how DFCS handled this case, including failing to speak to
the grandmother until the child went missing, even though the grandmother was temporarily the
child’s caregiver, and failing to adequately investigate the grandmother’s long history with CPS.98

This is such a joke. I have seen so many of these reports. And nothing changes. More dead and abused kids.

Although, what is missing from these grim reports, are the successes. Wonderful foster care families, who are fully supportive of family reunification plans, and help struggling parents get on their feet. And foster parents who take in kids with trauma, and help them learn how to trust and be kids again.

Maybe instead of the bad news, we should take a critical look at what does work, and strive to emulate and model the success, rather than keep reporting on the epic fails.

Court records show Howell has filed a petition for child custody.

It was filed at the end of March, before a congressional report on an investigation into Georgia’s foster care system was released. The report concluded mismanagement of the system led to the deaths and injuries of children - naming little Quinton among them."
BBM - Does anyone else see the IRONY here? This woman is as deluded as her murderous daughter. Although she didn't directly murder Quinton, she facilitated the opportunity for it to occur. I'm so angry!!

Last edited:
Although, what is missing from these grim reports, are the successes. Wonderful foster care families, who are fully supportive of family reunification plans, and help struggling parents get on their feet. And foster parents who take in kids with trauma, and help them learn how to trust and be kids again.

Maybe instead of the bad news, we should take a critical look at what does work, and strive to emulate and model the success, rather than keep reporting on the epic fails.

Agreed but it goes with everything else in life…you always hear about the bad, rarely the good. I lived in a great foster home/family for a few years as a young teen and they helped me so much during an incredibly tough part of my life. The structure and routine was everything I needed. I kept in touch with them for many years after. My sibling ended up going into a different foster home about a year after me and their experience was nothing like mine sadly. I do wish the good ones were talked about more though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bnicole*
Back