GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ga. Supreme Court reverses Hemy Neuman conviction
June 15, 2015

The Supreme Court of Georgia announced Monday it has reversed Hemy Neuman's conviction.

In a 6-to-1 decision, the high court ruled the trial judge erred by allowing the notes and records of two mental health experts who examined Neuman before trial to be entered as evidence.

"Because the trial court erred in admitting evidence, which was protected by the attorney-client privilege, we now reverse," the opinion said.

Wow.... No justice for Rusty. AS barely serves any time, and now this. My heart goes out to the Sneiderman family.

Neuman AND Sneiderman should be spending life in prison, IMO. Sneiderman barely served any time at all.

There will be another trial and the result will be the same, IMO. Call Sneiderman to the stand and watch her lie all over again, then send her back to jail. She can't change her story now!

MOO

Wow.... No justice for Rusty. AS barely serves any time, and now this. My heart goes out to the Sneiderman family.

Hoping that they retry him quickly. It's been a while since AS's trial, didn't they take the murder charge off the table for her? I need a refresher.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 10m10 minutes ago

UPDATE: The state WILL retry #HemyNeuman. Ga. Supreme Court reverses Hemy Neuman conviction
http://goo.gl/q5X0Lp

I about fell over when I saw this.

I'm glad the state is going to retry him. I hope they prove he wasn't "crazy" when he did all this.

I assume it's going to be shown live?

:escape:

I received a bat call about Hemy overturned :pullhair:

Oh jeez.... :banghead:

:seeya: as I see some familiar *faces* here. Wonder if KCL has heard as she followed.

Ga. Supreme Court reverses Hemy Neuman conviction
June 15, 2015

The Supreme Court of Georgia announced Monday it has reversed Hemy Neuman's conviction.

In a 6-to-1 decision, the high court ruled the trial judge erred by allowing the notes and records of two mental health experts who examined Neuman before trial to be entered as evidence.

"Because the trial court erred in admitting evidence, which was protected by the attorney-client privilege, we now reverse," the opinion said.

:thinking:

No no no.... let this not happen with Jodi or James Holmes !

:thinking:

No no no.... let this not happen with Jodi or James Holmes !

Don't worry, it's not even a possibility. Any similar evidence in the Arias case was entered by her in an attempt to show she had PTSD and was in a fog and whatever. She can't enter evidence and then claim that evidence hurt her case. It would have to be moved by the prosecution and entered in error by the judge over the objections of the defense in order to get Arias conviction overturned.

Don't worry, it's not even a possibility. Any similar evidence in the Arias case was entered by her in an attempt to show she had PTSD and was in a fog and whatever. She can't enter evidence and then claim that evidence hurt her case. It would have to be moved by the prosecution and entered in error by the judge over the objections of the defense in order to get Arias conviction overturned.

IIRC, in the Jodi case they did indeed object to the scoring sheets, with handwritten notes, being admitted. :thinking: :dunno:... just gunshy about an overturn, but I guess those that were brought in were not *harmful* to her so a moot point

IIRC, in the Jodi case they did indeed object to the scoring sheets, with handwritten notes, being admitted. :thinking: :dunno:... just gunshy about an overturn, but I guess those that were brought in were not *harmful* to her so a moot point

It's OK atl....I understand your nervousness. We all have seen some ugly things happen that allow perps to get away with their evil deeds. And Arias is one scary evildoer! But those scoring sheets were not admitted to show her guilt. IOW, they were not evidence of anything to do with her crime but as a way of corroborating what the prosecution claimed about the doc who filled out the scoring sheet himself (because he forgot to bring a sheet with him for the test). So, even if it were to be found improper as evidence, it would not be found to have affected the verdict. Those scoring sheets the doc filled out were not used by the jury to convict her. And even though I don't recall for sure ATM, I believe the scores of those tests were actually introduced into trial by the defense. Prosecution had a right and a responsibility to cross on those issues.

In short, those scoring sheets were not JA's answers to questions; they were the doctor's interpretation and he tried to lie about his actions in that regard. JM brought out his lie so as to question his credibility. I think JA would have a better chance on appeal if she claimed her DT brought in professional witnesses who were not qualified to testify the way they did. Everything else, including doc notes, etc., was used by the DT to help the defendant; the fact that it did not help does not mean they can now whine that it was allowed into the record. IMO.

You have to be kidding me. I hope they do retry him. He will be found guilty again, mental this or mental that. He assassinated a man in front of his children's school, egged on by his murderous and conniving :;(;&&$/ lovergurl. I hope they both find no moment's peace, ever.

Am I the only one here who thinks this is actually a good thing? They are going to try Hemy again. I have a feeling that since he's been sitting in that cage doing some thinking for the past few years his feelings for AS have changed, and he'll probably mount a defense that will FINALLY reveal what her involvement in Rusty's murder was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769