GA - Sayra Barros, 8, suspicious death, Bethlehem, Gwinnett Co., 30 Jan 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Police told Channel 2 Gwinnett County Bureau Chief Matt Johnson that the child was home with an adult woman when she had a medical emergency around 2:16 p.m.

The woman called the girl’s father who came home to find her unresponsive and began doing CPR.

When police and paramedics arrived, she was pronounced dead on the scene.

Responding officers determined that the girl’s death may not have been natural and called homicide investigators to the home to determine what happened.

BETHLEHEM, Ga. - A Gwinnett County woman is facing charges including felony murder and child cruelty in the death of her 8-year-old stepdaughter.
[snip]
On Wednesday morning, officials charged the girl's stepmother, identified as 34-year-old Natiela Barros, with first-degree cruelty to children, aggravated assault, felony murder, and malice murder. Barros will remain in jail at this time.
Stepmother charged with murder of 8-year-old Gwinnett County girl

According to a Gwinnett County Police Department release, 34-year-old Natiela Barros is facing malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault and first degree child cruelty charges in the case.
[snip]
"Details surrounding the criminal investigation are confidential," in accordance with Georgia law concerning child abuse cases, Gwinnett Police said.
Stepmother charged with murder in death of 8-year-old girl in Gwinnett County, police say

Welp, arrest didn't take long on this one.

Gwinnett County Jail records show an arrest Wednesday night for Cledir Mendes Barros. He's listed as a resident of the same house where Sayra Barros was found on Tuesday.

Barros has been charged with cruelty to a child in the second degree and murder in the second degree. Both are felonies.

According to her arrest warrant, Natiela beat 8-year-old Sayra Barros to death "with a wooden rolling pen 10 to 20 times, refusing to get her medical care afterwards."

Ugh what is happening with our children. I don't know anyone else, but if my significant other called me in regards to my child and I get there and I find that they did something to them, I would solve their problem with breathing right there and then. No one will put a hand on my child, end of story.
I am sorry Sayra, you deserved so much better.

With bond denied, the judge told Natiela this: "You’re going to be here for a while."
Father, stepmom charged with murder in 8-year-old girl's beating death denied bond

awaiting more info on what specifically caused the father to be caused. Was abuse a regular in the home and he knew? reports are that he was at work when he got a call to go home after wife beat daughter. LE must have something indicating he knew or should have known his daughter was in grave danger with her mother.

With bond denied, the judge told Natiela this: "You’re going to be here for a while."
Father, stepmom charged with murder in 8-year-old girl's beating death denied bond

awaiting more info on what specifically caused the father to be caused. Was abuse a regular in the home and he knew? reports are that he was at work when he got a call to go home after wife beat daughter. LE must have something indicating he knew or should have known his daughter was in grave danger with her mother.

"Channel 2 Action News obtained the arrest warrant for Clay Barros on Thursday. It accuses him of knowing about the abuse but kept leaving his daughter unsupervised with her stepmother."

Cledir was also charged with felony second-degree murder and felony second-degree child cruelty.

His arrest warrant stated that he “was aware the child was abused and continued to leave them unsupervised with the abuser. When made aware the child was having a medical emergency, [he] did not seek medical care. The child died as a result of this negligence.”

He stood before a Gwinnett County judge on Thursday morning and was denied bond.

1714297727072.jpeg
"When the stepmother discovered that Sayra was not on task, she went to the kitchen to retrieve a wooden rolling pin. Natiela Barros returned and began striking the child near the back of neck between 10 and 20 times. She stopped once she believed she had gone too far. Sayra said she felt ill, and eventually lost consciousness," the DA's release said.

The DA also alleges Natiela called Cledir, the girl's father, at work and he "told his wife to pray" and then he came home.

"She then called a friend and a priest," the release said. "When Cledir Barros arrived, he prayed over the unconscious child for between 10 and 20 minutes before calling 911 for emergency medical aid."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59
Back