GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
coming up on 3 years and no update in a long time, nothing said by the family which I find very odd. Yes I know some people claim the police might have silenced them or they fear for their lives but I hardly doubt that is the case. If someone beheaded my parents i'd be pressuring the police department and asking the GBI or the feds to take over the case or at least get involved. I think his department mishandled the crime scene and now can't get a conviction unless someone knows something. Maybe this was a hit it's possible the family is in the witness protection program and Sills doesn't know because the feds are holding back due to the rest of the family but I doubt this is the case. Why hasn't the family asked the public or other agencies for help?

coming up on 3 years and no update in a long time, nothing said by the family which I find very odd. Yes I know some people claim the police might have silenced them or they fear for their lives but I hardly doubt that is the case. If someone beheaded my parents i'd be pressuring the police department and asking the GBI or the feds to take over the case or at least get involved. I think his department mishandled the crime scene and now can't get a conviction unless someone knows something. Maybe this was a hit it's possible the family is in the witness protection program and Sills doesn't know because the feds are holding back due to the rest of the family but I doubt this is the case. Why hasn't the family asked the public or other agencies for help?
I can't give a link, will have to look further back, but I believe it may have been mentioned on websleuths for Lydia Ivanditti who was murdered 12-2-16 (if not mistaken on that date), but I know I read somewhere GBI was not called in due to LE did not trust them because of some had been tied to the Nuwabian leader and hitmen had been involved. Check websleuths on that case, interesting and ties to Drummonds are mentioned.

I think a death shortly before the Dermond murders was the catalyst that set into motion said murders. I also think most if not all those involved in the Dermond murders are directly linked to the decedent. The Dermond murders avenged a past transgression. Any number of players appear: family acquaintance, rival co-worker, employee; and whatever the "event" (abuse, workplace discrimination, firing) it seethed for years. I think it abuse and if abuse, likely kept secret and altered forever the "victim". Only upon death of the decedent did the "event" reveal itself and activate the heinous murders of the Dermonds. I also think the "victim" hid the scars and spiralled into a depraved life. At death whether by suicide or otherwise a note / deathbed statement revealed the long held secret and emboldened those closest to the decedent to avenge the death of their loved one. Just a thought.......

I think a death shortly before the Dermond murders was the catalyst that set into motion said murders. I also think most if not all those involved in the Dermond murders are directly linked to the decedent. The Dermond murders avenged a past transgression. Any number of players appear: family acquaintance, rival co-worker, employee; and whatever the "event" (abuse, workplace discrimination, firing) it seethed for years. I think it abuse and if abuse, likely kept secret and altered forever the "victim". Only upon death of the decedent did the "event" reveal itself and activate the heinous murders of the Dermonds. I also think the "victim" hid the scars and spiralled into a depraved life. At death whether by suicide or otherwise a note / deathbed statement revealed the long held secret and emboldened those closest to the decedent to avenge the death of their loved one. Just a thought.......

Who's death are you talking about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this case comes up when you search on Lyon Sisters? Is there a connection that I am missing somewhere? If you know, please share.

Peppery, one previously acquainted with one or both of the Dermonds (if my theory is correct). The initial "victim", as it were, who would later commit suicide or die after many years of struggling. Those closest to the decedent either discovered the truth and/or blamed the death on the Dermonds and sought to avenge the death. Since I think we all agree the Dermond murders were not a random act, some event in the past has to account for these horrific murders. Just a theory.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this case comes up when you search on Lyon Sisters? Is there a connection that I am missing somewhere? If you know, please share.
Someone mentioned them way back in this thread,so that's why they show in the search.

I find it odd that one of the sons in the beginning called this murder the work of a cult and since then he has not spoken one word about this case. Sills says not a day goes by where they don't do something about this case. Well you've had over 1000 days and you still have nothing? I think his department mishandled this case from the very beginning and this is why the GBI was not called in to help for fear this would be made public that his department can't handle investigations like this and further support eliminating the sheriffs position

IT's gone way beyond worrying about going on interviews......they're all professionals IIRC, probably used to people......anyway, true, we don't know anything really, could be anything........but sadly it's too late to, time was of the essence, sad they have nothing, as Foxfire would say....Sills should have called in the GBI...........we're beating a dead horse........so sad..........

(snipped by me) Maybe they trust LE is doing everything possible. Maybe they are just quiet private people. Not everyone wants to go interveiws or talk on tv. Maybe their health is poor. There could be many reasons.

I concur!!!
are there any updates on this case, i have not found any. I do know putnam county has seen their share of murders/strange deaths since this one. As of late their are certain connections to other cases at least it seems they ran in the same circles; real estate agent, (lived close by, was drinking, fell off dock and drowned)?, a judge, (suicide), a former club owner, antique store, connected to art exhibits, (murdered), wife of popular attorney in atlanta (owned home in putnam county), shot in back by husband who was in backseat, died at hospital, investigation into death, (husband has been charged), murder or accidental shooting? All connected to money and wealth, some ties to leader of nuwabian compound in putnam, who is serving time in prison where gbi and law enforcement were also connected. Strange!! This site needs to active...

I concur!!
coming up on 3 years and no update in a long time, nothing said by the family which i find very odd. Yes i know some people claim the police might have silenced them or they fear for their lives but i hardly doubt that is the case. If someone beheaded my parents i'd be pressuring the police department and asking the gbi or the feds to take over the case or at least get involved. I think his department mishandled the crime scene and now can't get a conviction unless someone knows something. Maybe this was a hit it's possible the family is in the witness protection program and sills doesn't know because the feds are holding back due to the rest of the family but i doubt this is the case. Why hasn't the family asked the public or other agencies for help?

Search Foxfire posts in regards to LE and GBI also look in the "parking Lot", nuwabian case on WS, might be something on there...McIVer husband gave to the Durmonds' reward fund.....Sills rubs elbows with the elite and the old families original to and of Putnam and that is how he keeps getting elected, the big lake community has no say if they are part timers, that's a lot of folks, still small town mentality there......On Ivanditt's fb page or an article on the Communiy ty Art center Sillls and Lydia Ivanditti were hugging......appearing to be e close ...Too many unusual deaths or murders in Putnam these days......Cops are very nice and personable, that small town type of mentally we could all use these days tho but not sure what their crime knowledge is
I can't give a link, will have to look further back, but I believe it may have been mentioned on websleuths for Lydia Ivanditti who was murdered 12-2-16 (if not mistaken on that date), but I know I read somewhere GBI was not called in due to LE did not trust them because of some had been tied to the Nuwabian leader and hitmen had been involved. Check websleuths on that case, interesting and ties to Drummonds are mentioned.

Johnnyrock, let us know when that crime novel is published..........I swear this case is one..........so disturbing........the judge and the RE agent died just AFTER the D's murder IIRC.....what death before the D's murder? ..................what decendent? sorry trying to follow.............thanks.

I wish I could remember but Foxfire had stated that SIlls basically doesn't trust the GBI, that in the nuwabian situation, somehow the GBI tried to frame sills or turned on him , something of that nature. IIRC....I also find it odd nothing is being said, no family outcry, the case lies dormant.... you really gotta wonder if they dont know somehing or are involved in some way , Id lay low too hoping it would go away if I had anything to do with a crime OR if I knew who and had some fear or had been threatened. It's not like an auto accident, Their mom was bludgeoned and dad beheaded......1000 days, WOW, when you put it like that.......But What can the family do though? Can they call in someone to look over the case?
I find it odd that one of the sons in the beginning called this murder the work of a cult and since then he has not spoken one word about this case. Sills says not a day goes by where they don't do something about this case. Well you've had over 1000 days and you still have nothing? I think his department mishandled this case from the very beginning and this is why the GBI was not called in to help for fear this would be made public that his department can't handle investigations like this and further support eliminating the sheriffs position

The family can pressure the governor to call in GBI and they can also request the FBI get involved more or even take over the case. I know someone about a year ago posted they were told to remain quiet while their family members murder is being investigated which i'm sure that's what they were told but it's wrong on the PD to tell them that. Sills telling a family that would only have 1 thing to gain and that's hoping people will forget. I would assume that this murder has gained attention from some type of tv show and the only reason it hasn't made it to tv is that Sills will not give any information due to his department dropping the ball on this case. This family has the money to hire a private investigator and they have failed to do so which I also find very odd, they have not spoken about this in 2 years another thing I find odd. I also did some investigating on them and while nothing points to them being involved I did notice some strange things that I can't go into on here . Very strange case with lots of twists and turns under the radar. WHY hasn't this case made national headlines? My guess is Sills messed up this case and will not admit to it so he's staying silent. When a murder happens most PD's will do anything to catch the murderer since it would calm the residents and Sills being an elected official would have even more reasons to use every resource to assure he gets the murderer and prove to the residents he can protect them and will get justice for them if something happens. He has failed to do this because he mishandled the investigation which is why he has remained silent in my opinion

As we are left to speculate about the Dermond murders and what dancinunderthemoon aptly refers to as a crime novel, I seemed to have caused some confusion in my theory. I'm too verbose for my own good, but I'll try to explain: the seeds were sown for the Dermond murders long ago in some preceding "event"; the preceding event involved the Dermonds and a "victim". Somewhere, somehow someone kept score in this macabre tale ( the "victim" in my opinion) and upon death revealed a long held secret (suicide note/deathbed statement) implicating the Dermonds. Close family/relatives upon discovering the secret, plot revenge and carry out the murders.

AND THIS......GBI PEO PLE..http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article134538299.html
The family can pressure the governor to call in GBI and they can also request the FBI get involved more or even take over the case. I know someone about a year ago posted they were told to remain quiet while their family members murder is being investigated which i'm sure that's what they were told but it's wrong on the PD to tell them that. Sills telling a family that would only have 1 thing to gain and that's hoping people will forget. I would assume that this murder has gained attention from some type of tv show and the only reason it hasn't made it to tv is that Sills will not give any information due to his department dropping the ball on this case. This family has the money to hire a private investigator and they have failed to do so which I also find very odd, they have not spoken about this in 2 years another thing I find odd. I also did some investigating on them and while nothing points to them being involved I did notice some strange things that I can't go into on here . Very strange case with lots of twists and turns under the radar. WHY hasn't this case made national headlines? My guess is Sills messed up this case and will not admit to it so he's staying silent. When a murder happens most PD's will do anything to catch the murderer since it would calm the residents and Sills being an elected official would have even more reasons to use every resource to assure he gets the murderer and prove to the residents he can protect them and will get justice for them if something happens. He has failed to do this because he mishandled the investigation which is why he has remained silent in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred