GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there any long cylindrical type objects that might live on a boat? A tool of some sort? I am thinking it is not uncommon for folks to have a crowbar type item in their garage but it is also common for golf clubs to reside in garages, especially in a golf community. But I cannot discount the possibility that the weapon was never a part of the household and came with the perp on their boat. So I am wondering what type of object that might be if the weapon did come from the boat as a matter of need convenience to be used to attack the Dermonds.

Imo. folks, especially Putnam & Greene County locals should BOLO for anyone; friends, neighbors, coworkers, tourists, etc., with suspicious injuries, unexplained bruises, scratches, etc., around the time of the Dermond's abduction/murders. Unless caught off guard, MR D., and possibly Mrs D would put up a vicious fight against the perp/s..

are there any long cylindrical type objects that might live on a boat? A tool of some sort? I am thinking it is not uncommon for folks to have a crowbar type item in their garage but it is also common for golf clubs to reside in garages, especially in a golf community. But I cannot discount the possibility that the weapon was never a part of the household and came with the perp on their boat. So I am wondering what type of object that might be if the weapon did come from the boat as a matter of need convenience to be used to attack the Dermonds.

Thinking back many years...the only thing we had that was heavy on our boat was a boat anchor. I just googled boat anchors for images and there are all different types.

An oar?

I just asked my boating DH what he might need a crowbar for on a boat. He said that he has one for prying the engine if he needs to and to move debris if his boat prop gets stuck. He has a number of what he calls prying bars for the dock to remove nails, wood, etc.

ETA: He also said they make a great weapon :( not knowing why I was asking.

I do not think they will find the weapon in the house and I do not think it ever was part of the Dermond household. At the moment my current theory is that it came with the boat, left with the boat and now resides somewhere at the bottom of the lake. Probably miles from where Mrs. D was placed.

Thanks to all who answered.

Interesting read about the case.

Ga. killings 'a crime that can be solved,' former FBI profiler says

http://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-1524806?fs

Clint VanZandt; the former FBI BAI profiler also shares some very good abduction safety tips for families to teach their children, etc. VanZandt was abducted as a small child....CVZ has also founded an abduction safety organization; LiveSecure.org

http://www.livesecure.org/how-to-protect-kids-from-predators-and-kidnappers/

http://www.today.com/id/33436827/ns...mily/t/how-protect-kids-predators-kidnappers/

Same here!

This seems far-fetched to me but this crime is so horrific; does anyone know how MS-13 operates? Would they leave a recognizable signature for all to identify? They would stand out like a sore thumb anywhere in the area, wouldn't they? I think there is a significant? immigrant population in the county working in the dairy farms but I have no idea from what county/countries and not even sure that would connect to MS-13 anyway.

Reaching here because nothing makes sense to me.

JMO- I don't dispute that we have evil in our midst, including the cartel. Sure they are in the Atlanta area. It's a metropolis.
HOWEVER...
MS-13 would not have known the specifics of the dump site, the fact that on the Green County side there Or that were no homes with 1/3 of a mile of that location. Sadly and to everyone's disappointment it IS a local or it is someone that used to live in the area and frequent t lake Oconee.
Where did MS-13 get a boat? Tow it from Mexico? Rent one? Steal one?
A hit is a hit. Not killing two innocent people and trolling around in the dark to locate underwater "forests" to hide one body.
- We have been told-
Something similar to a crow bar was used on Mrs D.
There was no struggle in the home.
Mr. D might have been killed at another location.
No significant trauma to their bodies. (Other than the decapitation)
Mrs. D was likely transported by boat and placed in a place only a local would know about and be able to locate under the cover of darkness.

Originally I was thinking a 20- 40yr old.
Due to the lack of additional injuries to bodies and the disposal, Mr. D left in garage, Mrs. D dropped off a boat, my age range has extended to 70 +.

All moo.
And yes, it still could be cartel- never say never....

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

the weapon was indented in the skull, she probably had a 2 " rectangular mark with a gash at the end, that would be a a crow bar, it curves up then down at the end, we use them all the time, or could be anything SIMILAR, idk what kind of boat tool would have that kind of shape, so probably why they said crow bar

sorry PRY bar, flat, crow bar might be round

Thinking back many years...the only thing we had that was heavy on our boat was a boat anchor. I just googled boat anchors for images and there are all different types.

might be too heavy and bulky to swing at someone without getting backlash from the victim

some are round, some are pointed like an arrow

Our pontoon was big and bulky but fun for company and pulling kids on tubes and taking the lady's out early evening for 'cocktails' on the lake.

We also had several paddleboats one with pontoons and a couple flat ones. You peddle them.

All kinds of things you find on the lake.

But transporting a body..would take a large, steady boat.

Then the fear of being discovered.

Lots of movement went on during the beheading at another place then returning the body.

Then transporting SD body down river.

Somebody had no fear of discovery and was very lucky.

However with all that movement of bodies clues might have been left!

Yeah now we DO have a peddle boat, had it for years, that and kayaks are like motorcycles,well, slower but you can enjoy the surroundings better in those

yeah so now to figure out WHERE the beheading took place

would it be too risky to have done it in the house next door or wherever that was vacant? IDK, just throwing stuff out there, still wonder about that realtor

Mr. Dermond's body (torso) was said not to have any wounds or trauma. I take that to mean he also did not have any defensive wounds to his hands. If that is true then he must have been taken completely off guard and did not even have time to react. If Mrs. Dermond also did not show any defensive wounds to her body then it suggests to me they were attacked separately. Otherwise I don't see how 2 attackers could simultaneously strike them both without either trying to defend themselves. I hope Mrs. Dermond had passed on before she knew what they did to her husband post- mortem. So if they weren't together Mr. D could have been getting the newspaper or going out for a walk while the other attacker waited behind the interior door in the garage for Mrs. Dermond to eventually check on a noise in the garage. The more I think about it, if attacked separately, one person could have easily done it. Just a scenario I came up with trying to get to sleep last night.

a google search of anchors for small boats. In looking at these there seems to be a great variety of styles but none has that shape we are associating with a crowbar :(

While looking at these fishing and boating type tools and equipment I am also keeping my eyes open for the beheading tool used. It was apparently a pretty clean beheading so I would assume we are looking for a larger cutting tool that would be super sharp and not require a lot of hacking and sawing (messier and not as clean a cut)

https://www.google.com/search?q=anc...1&dpr=0.9#q=small+boat+anchor+photos&tbm=isch

honeybun 1807 said "We also had several paddleboats one with pontoons and a couple flat ones. You peddle them."

Yeah now we DO have a peddle boat, had it for years, that and kayaks are like motorcycles,well, slower but you can enjoy the surroundings better in those

yeah so now to figure out WHERE the beheading took place

would it be too risky to have done it in the house next door or wherever that was vacant? IDK, just throwing stuff out there, still wonder about that realtor

Bootsctr! RUN!!!!!

:floorlaugh:

Sorry honeybun and tomkat, inside joke from another case where pigs and paddle (peddle) boats somehow became a dominant topic. Bootsctr mentioned last night if paddle boats came up on this case she was outta here :D

I have several crowbars, but what I'm wondering, what purpose would the Desmond's have for a crowbar? Or do they think the perp(s) could have brought one there? If so, imo, it would have been disposed of when the body was, or taken back to the perp(s) home, and not left at the Desmond's. I don't see this couple tearing down walls, or doing their own construction/deconstruction type things.

Not having any information on the autopsy, I can only state that a crowbar is much thicker, and I don't think any of ours are round. IIRC, they all are long, and have edges like hexagon shape or something. They are much thicker and stronger than golf clubs.

All my own opinion as always. I'll have to go look at the crowbars when I go outside later.

no the perps came pepared

I live in rural ga. I work in agriculture. I hunt and fish and have all my life. I have been in oconee, Sinclair, Blackshear, hartwell, and Clark's hill all my life. I have lived above the Fall and below it......gators do not abound above it....they do below it.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMB: I think there has been some miscommunication
here. I thought you were tweaking me about my question
3 days ago "are there gators in the lake". I had an answer w/in
2 minutes and I was satisfied that there weren't. But someone
ran w/it thinking I thought the gator had beheaded Russell.
But had this person been reading.previous threads, he/she would
have.known that I did not.. So that "gator" story took on a life of its own.
That's why I get frustrated when people jump in before reading
all the threads. Geez.

the threads.

Mr. Dermond's body (torso) was said not to have any wounds or trauma. I take that to mean he also did not have any defensive wounds to his hands. If that is true then he must have been taken completely off guard and did not even have time to react. If Mrs. Dermond also did not show any defensive wounds to her body then it suggests to me they were attacked separately. Otherwise I don't see how 2 attackers could simultaneously strike them both without either trying to defend themselves. I hope Mrs. Dermond had passed on before she knew what they did to her husband post- mortem. So if they weren't together Mr. D could have been getting the newspaper or going out for a walk while the other attacker waited behind the interior door in the garage for Mrs. Dermond to eventually check on a noise in the garage. The more I think about it, if attacked separately, one person could have easily done it. Just a scenario I came up with trying to get to sleep last night.

he walked early, right? they were in street clothes, they didn't get their morning saturday mail, she had worked the crossword puzzle in fri's paper, it was after 430 probably but before or just after supper, not stomach contents have been mentioned, so maybe before supper, she was cooking, had already ralaxed a bit and done the puzzle, she heard a noise outside, or he did and then later came in for her, or she came out looking for him, I hope and pray she did NOT WITNESS that scene, poor woman, poor man, gosh, yes it was a surprise, maybe even knew them, why it wasn't messy

JM thoughts, throwing it around

came prepared to kill or had the instrument at hand when things went bad. I agree tomkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24