GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could she possibly orchestrate him leaving child in a car to retaliate against cheating husband? She was nowhere near. He is the one who left the child in a car. There is no doubt whatsoever that he left the child in a car, not her.

Hi everyone,

I've come out of lurkdom to join you all. I was a reader of Travis Alexanders thread but didn't contribute. Even though I'm all the way over in Scotland in the UK,its amazing how a case can touch you and get into your head. You wish there was some small thing you could do for the victim,to let them know that they mattered and will never,ever be forgotten,even by a stranger thousands of miles away who never met them but will carry them in their heart forvever.

My heart aches for Cooper,a defenceless baby who didn't stand a chance when the very people who hurt him are those who were meant to protect and love him most. I just wanted to mention that I work in a large,private childrens daycare nursery. It is our policy to place a phone call to parents whose children are expected at nursery that day and are absent. We open at 7.30 am and make the call at 10am if they haven't shown up. As well as allowing us to know our numbers for that day,not so another child can attend as we don't have a stand by list,it would however let us know if a member of staff would be surplus to requirements in a particular room and would be deployed elsewhere in the nursery.Its also so we can plan accordingly for the activities that day. As child care professionals we care greatly about our children and their families so a quick phone call allows us to check on their welfare just as if an employee didn't show up for work. We don't have the attitude,"they've paid anyway so who cares if they attend or not." We also record absences and keep a log of who made the contact,i.e. parent to nursery or vice versa and the reason for the absence. I would hope that Bright Horizons will do this too so would be interested to see if there was any communication other than the group email which I would imagine to be something generic and sent to all parents like a reminder of an upcoming event.

eta As a parent I would always phone if my son was expected anywhere and wasn't going to be there.

OK I see now. They are searching Cooper's medical records to see if he had been abused at any point.

Documents also show investigators have requested the medical records of Harris' son. Hines said those records could also be key in the investigation.
"If for some reason, there is proof that there's been past abuse or things like that, that's relevant," Hines said. "That's relevant because it shows you're not opposed to hurting the child."

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/25959406/warrants-police-seize-fathers-electronics-sons-medical-records

I think they are also looking for any comments his mother may have made to medical staff about any concerns, problems at home, etc.

The video and certain days are fairly stand in Metro Atlanta. Some you have to also make an appointment.

As a side note, once he gets out of the infirmary, he could get someone to get him a greendot and then he could get himself a cell....

What's a 'greendot?'

Cooper was alive, alert, and engaged with his father on camera during breakfast at Chik-fil-a at 9:00 A.M. He was also strapped back into the carseat by his "father" directly after and then forgotten during the 30 second drive to the traffic light, where Ross decided to take a left rather than a right and drove to work instead of Cooper's daycare.

This is not a snapped situation, at all.

I'm of the opinion that this was premeditated by Ross and likely by Ross and Leanna.

jmo

You are likely right. Guess I've watched too many Law & Order episodes where the jilted wife was behind it all ;-)

Thanks for the confirmation. It's just that Leanna's behavior seems so well orchestrated- right down to her strict adherence to legal counsel to stay silent. How convenient for her. Hard to implicate yourself if you keep your mouth shut and fly below radar. I've just never seen a mom be able to stay so composed and pulled together to such this degree before. Bizarre is not even adequate. Someone else said creepy - that's more like it.

Hi everyone,

I've come out of lurkdom to join you all. I was a reader of Travis Alexanders thread but didn't contribute. Even though I'm all the way over in Scotland in the UK,its amazing how a case can touch you and get into your head. You wish there was some small thing you could do for the victim,to let them know that they mattered and will never,ever be forgotten,even by a stranger thousands of miles away who never met them but will carry them in their heart forvever.

My heart aches for Cooper,a defenceless baby who didn't stand a chance when the very people who hurt him are those who were meant to protect and love him most. I just wanted to mention that I work in a large,private childrens daycare nursery. It is our policy to place a phone call to parents whose children are expected at nursery that day and are absent. We open at 7.30 am and make the call at 10am if they haven't shown up. As well as allowing us to know our numbers for that day,not so another child can attend as we don't have a stand by list,it would however let us know if a member of staff would be surplus to requirements in a particular room and would be deployed elsewhere in the nursery.Its also so we can plan accordingly for the activities that day. As child care professionals we care greatly about our children and their families so a quick phone call allows us to check on their welfare just as if an employee didn't show up for work. We don't have the attitude,"they've paid anyway so who cares if they attend or not." We also record absences and keep a log of who made the contact,i.e. parent to nursery or vice versa and the reason for the absence. I would hope that Bright Horizons will do this too so would be interested to see if there was any communication other than the group email which I would imagine to be something generic and sent to all parents like a reminder of an upcoming event.

eta As a parent I would always phone if my son was expected anywhere and wasn't going to be there.

Great 1st post!

:greetings::wagon::welcome4:

How many computers/phones/iPads were actually in the car? Seems like a lot to have in one's car at one time.

JMO, but I have wondered if some of those devices were used for his sexting business. LH may not have known about them. Maybe they were kept in the car ? Maybe he just kept the sexting off his home and/or work computers. IDK - I've never sexted, and would never since anything online can go viral quickly. RH was an IT guy and knew this, yet he couldn't stop himself? But then I wonder if LH was involved in this whole other life also. Too many questions, and probably no answers for a long time.

In my Home Depot light bulbs are down the first main aisle.

Leanna looked upset when she left the jail. My guess is she got in the backseat because it was quicker for both ladies to get in on the same side. Safety in the car, door shut, away from the reporter.

Again my guess is that lady is her mom. To me, they look alike, are built alike, this is the same lady that went to the hearing with her on Thursday. At a time like this, it seems like a girl would really need her mom.

My opinions only.

And it was her mom that was screaming so loud on the phone that the Officer could hear her, when her daughter told her what had happened. Nice to know someone in the family reacted normally to the death of a child.

You are likely right. Guess I've watched too many Law & Order episodes where the jilted wife was behind it all ;-)

Thanks for the confirmation. It's just that Leanna's behavior seems so well orchestrated- right down to her strict adherence to legal counsel to stay silent. How convenient for her. Hard to implicate yourself if you keep your mouth shut and fly below radar. I've just never seen a mom be able to stay so composed and pulled together to such this degree before. Bizarre is not even adequate. Someone else said creepy - that's more like it.

I posted yesterday that I find it highly likely that she could have come up with the idea. She has done well to keep herself removed. It is not beyond reality to me that she convinced RH to do the dirty work.

The video and certain days are fairly stand in Metro Atlanta. Some you have to also make an appointment.

As a side note, once he gets out of the infirmary, he could get someone to get him a greendot and then he could get himself a cell....

Are you saying they can get a cell phone while in Cobb county jail??? My sister never said anything about that. My dad had to put $30 a week on her account just for phone calls! Jail phone service is big business.

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How could she possibly orchestrate him leaving child in a car to retaliate against cheating husband? She was nowhere near. He is the one who left the child in a car. There is no doubt whatsoever that he left the child in a car, not her.

Well, you are right about that- and if not for that the case would be strong. But that likely makes planned retaliation less feasible. But I also wonder, in light of her knowing beforehand about the cheating, how much of her current behavior is not retaliatory. Pretending to stand by him while making sure he goes down at the same time. If she's not involved in the planning of the death then it would seem she has been wronged in two different ways. Just thinking out loud.

I saw a blip on HLN but missed most of it...is there another hearing for Harris this Friday? Thanks to anyone who knows.

AND....now that this is public (so I can link it :twocents:), another deceased child in a car!

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-Left-in-Hot-Car-in-Ridgefield-266229041.html

The boy was left unattended inside a parked vehicle for "an extended period of time and...This is the fourth case of a child or children being left alone in cars in the past two weeks in Connecticut.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Mom-Left-3-Year-Old-in-Hot-Car-Cops-265745671.html
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ed-in-Running-Car-State-Police-265118851.html
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-Baby-in-130-Degree-Car-Police-265445081.html

Another source report:
http://www.courant.com/community/ridgefield/hc-ridgefield-child-death-0709-20140708,0,5378322.story

:gaah:
^luv that emoticon!^
?"

Maybe someone needs to invent a buzzer that goes off when you have a kid in a car seat, it'll go off if there's weight in the car seat when you open the door. Sounds like a good idea, got to protect all those people who grew up with "child proof caps" and can't figure it out if there's a warning sticker.:facepalm:

When I was growing up in the 60's, there was child proof nothing, just the "skull and crossbones" warning. No car seats, fences around pools, "save the children", seat belts weren't even mandatory in vehicles and who actually used them if they were installed, and kids rode in the bed of trucks. None of the kids I grew up with drowned, cooked in a car, were ejected from a vehicle, or poisoned themselves, now it seems like a weekly, if not daily occurrence.

But this incident obviously doesn't reflect our "dummied down society".

"you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car---hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming *advertiser censored**hole be a father." Todd (Keanu Reeves-"Parenthood")
No truer words were ever spoken.:twocents:

Sorry, I cannot recall the exact source, it was some talking head on one fo the many shows I have watched coverage of this case on. It seems someone did invent something like this. Two guys who had a friend that this happened to, although it seemed truly "accidental" in their friends case, no charges were brought

They had trouble gettiing an investor interested for two reasons. 1. There seemed to be no real consumer interest. Their theory on this was that no one wanted to believe it could ever happen to them and did not want to think about it (sort of like people who never establish a Will or Trust because they don't want to contemplate death).

The other reason was they could not find an investor willing to take on the liability if it malfunctioned.

Perhaps, with the press this case is getting, that will change.

Personally, if it were me, I would just place my shoe in the backseat when I put my child in the car. You aren't going to go far, or long, withought noticing that.

Bernina, they actually have a device almost exactly like that. It was featured this week in the news, likely in response to this case.

:facepalm: OMG. Something must really be wrong with society for a parent to forget their child in a car seat......Thanks for the "heads up", Stolat! (Crazy funny avi, btw!:floorlaugh:)

Just a quick note:

A person doesn't have to sign in or thank or post to read here from day one. A person also doesn't have to use this forum as the only way to follow this (or any) case. Beyond that, how does being here from day one earn a person's opinion more validity or credibility than another person's opinion? Fellow posters may think the few posters with the nerve to question the majority are lacking in brain cells or contrary just for the sake of being contrary but, I don't think that is often the case.

People come from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds. People possess different philosophies towards life and crime/punishment, in general. Some people come from countries that no longer have the death penalty or reside in states that have abolished it. Some people find the posts on here that advocate what amounts to torture for JRH abhorrent and subhuman, IMO.

I have to ask, what good is a forum that serves only as an echo chamber of the same opinions expressed over and over using slightly different wording? If all opinions that differ, even slightly, from the majority, are shot down and immediately ridiculed - where is there room for constructive, civil debate?

That's all I feel the need to say. I apologize for going off topic.

I saw a blip on HLN but missed most of it...is there another hearing for Harris this Friday? Thanks to anyone who knows.

HLN is repairing the PC hearing Friday at 3:00 E.

Sorry, I cannot recall the exact source, it was some talking head on one fo the many shows I have watched coverage of this case on. It seems someone did invent something like this. Two guys who had a friend that this happened to, although it seemed truly "accidental" in their friends case, no charges were brought

They had trouble gettiing an investor interested for two reasons. 1. There seemed to be no real consumer interest. Their theory on this was that no one wanted to believe it could ever happen to them and did not want to think about it (sort of like people who never establish a Will or Trust because they don't want to contemplate death).

The other reason was they could not find an investor willing to take on the liability if it malfunctioned.

Perhaps, with the press this case is getting, that will change.

Personally, if it were me, I would just place my shoe in the backseat when I put my child in the car. You aren't going to go far, or long, withought noticing that.

Thanks, Chlban!

It's amazing any of us over 35 made it to adulthood, maybe our parents just had more common sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll