GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the killer is nervous at all, 11 years and not the slightest clue who the perpetrator is. Other than a couple of times when some area was searched, there's never been a press conference about this case

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GBI is in charge of Tara's case. No law enforcement has released any information about her case other than in 2008 about the DNA on the glove. I totally agree with you about all the discussion about her sex life. However, the more people you have involved in a person's life the more complicated the investigation can get. Even former GBI agent in charge of Tara's case, Rothwell, has admitted this in several media interviews

I totally agree.
The only part it should honestly play is determining if any of them had reason to do her harm. Do you think the glove was a red herring? I do honestly. I think it was just something they grabbed from the trash at the hospital or something to that effect.
This case is solvable is what drives me so crazy. There's more evidence in this case that has been uncovered than in many other cases that ended with proper convictions.
Do you have any idea exactly when the GBI took over this case? Was it from the very beginning or later on?
I would suspect they were brought in due to her being involved with LEO's?
(Please excuse me my memory is horrid right now. I'm sick and can barely function. But I know that I know these answers I just can't remember it atm.)
For anyone new to the case, please look at all of the info and evidence Dr. Godwin has compiled here:
https://solvetaragrinsteadcase.wordpress.com/

There is some very interesting reading there!

I don't think the killer is nervous at all, 11 years and not the slightest clue who the perpetrator is. Other than a couple of times when some area was searched, there's never been a press conference about this case

Which is soooooo scary!
Have they continued to kill or was Tara the first and last?
That's what eats at me I think. That there doesn't seem to be someone extremely nervous about getting caught. If this was their one and only crime, I would think they would be scared of being found out.
The lack of that fear only comes with experience and ability to completely shut off that part of the brain that would leave most people visibly nervous and worried, It would eventually show. Does that make sense?
Someone close to the killer would notice strange behavior I would think. I personally could only see a family member of the perp being willing to protect them for this long without fear of being turned in.
Girlfriends, wives, friendships don't always last. Maybe someone who wasn't willing to talk back then is willing to talk now. I'd say reinterview everyone remotely involved. See who's story has changed. JMOO of course!

Haven't most crimes escalated from animal torture to physical abuse, stalking, rape, murder , mutilations......It takes more and more to satisfy the cravings of the perpetrator.....

I could believe that if Tara had been found dead in her home that it was the perpetrators first time or he accidently killed her....whoever took her knew what they were doing, don't you think? They were smooth operators and had honed their craft to the point that they could leave virtually no clues......I betcha there have been others since....

Haven't most crimes escalated from animal torture to physical abuse, stalking, rape, murder , mutilations......It takes more and more to satisfy the cravings of the perpetrator.....

I could believe that if Tara had been found dead in her home that it was the perpetrators first time or he accidently killed her....whoever took her knew what they were doing, don't you think? They were smooth operators and had honed their craft to the point that they could leave virtually no clues......I betcha there have been others since....
Agreed.
Or they knew police procedure very well and knew how to cover up their crime,
This perp I feel honestly has one of those personalities that rubs most people wrong. Makes their antennas go up.
A family member of the perp would be aware of their odd behaviors growing up. Such as animal abuse etc.
Which POI left the area since the crime?
Isn't one of them overseas?
I'd look in those areas too for unsolved cases. I agree the person is definitely a smooth operator! Could probably talk himself out of any situation too.
Ocilla is a small town. I can't believe after all these years, something hasn't been found. So many hunters out in the woods and running their dogs. Nothing has been found. Wherever she is, I think when she is finally found, we will all be completely shocked.
I wonder also if her German Shepard Dolly, suddenly turned on someone who was close to Tara during that time. Maybe Dolly recognized the killer?
I am female and just purchased a beautiful German Shepard myself who is 5 months old, Keyser Sose. And also adopted his uncle who is 2, Admiral. I got them due to my daughter and I being stalked lately. Completely for protection. Admiral is the daddy of many of the K-9's in the area actually. I adopted Admiral because him and Keyser were so close and he was being retired as a stud.
Keyser NEVER leaves me or my granddaughter's side and stays inside with us. Admiral is our new guard dog. He definitely isn't a dog you want to encounter while sneaking around our homes. SURPRISE! Bon Appetite Admiral! :saber:
I had actually bought Keyser for my hubby for Christmas but.... hehe I kinda fell in love with him before hubby got home from work. *whistles*
My point is.... if Dolly is anything like my two GS furbabies, Dolly knows who did it and turned on them after Tara went missing.
I'm about to buy multiples of this sign. lol Seriously.
attachment.php

ETA: Actually had to go to court Tuesday to get a restraining order against this guy. (My daughter's ex) I know it's just a piece of paper but he can be no where near us for 180 days. Hopefully this will end the sneaking around our homes and creepiness. We just invested in 8 solar panel motion sensors also and installing them at my daughter's home tomorrow. (Well... hubby is! Not me! lol)
But he's totally unaware of our new doggies.
I will say this... one of my doggies bit him 3 years ago on the buttocks. Dog's can sense the bad in people. I'm a strong believer in that. Sorry for O/T! :blushing:

Attachments

• german shepard.jpg
    german shepard.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 132
I hope that all of this will keep your daughter safe.....

Get your daughter a Nightlock security lock door barricade sold on Amazon for around $38....It is a metal plate with four screws that screws into the floor, there is a groove that a metal plate slides into that will be against the door.....If someone tries to kick her door in they will have to kick it repeatedly.....We put one of these into my daughters apartment.....Anything to buy them time to call police....

Also , see if your husband can get some longer screws like four inches that screws the metal plate one that the lock bolt fits into....

I hope that all of this will keep your daughter safe.....

Get your daughter a Nightlock security lock door barricade sold on Amazon for around $38....It is a metal plate with four screws that screws into the floor, there is a groove that a metal plate slides into that will be against the door.....If someone tries to kick her door in they will have to kick it repeatedly.....We put one of these into my daughters apartment.....Anything to buy them time to call police....

Also , see if your husband can get some longer screws like four inches that screws the metal plate one that the lock bolt fits into....
Ohhh thank you for the tip!
I will get one of those for her home!

Ohhh thank you for the tip!
I will get one of those for her home!

Cocoweb Portblock Door Security Bars are excellent, as well! They are adjustable, work well on both carpeted and bare floors, can be used on a variety of doors (including sliding glass) and are nearly impossible to break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long does it take for a case to be closed? I don't think she will ever be found and the police are just to lazy

Cocoweb Portblock Door Security Bars are excellent, as well! They are adjustable, work well on both carpeted and bare floors, can be used on a variety of doors (including sliding glass) and are nearly impossible to break.

Thank you so much!!! This is extremely helpful!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How long does it take for a case to be closed? I don't think she will ever be found and the police are just to lazy
I don't think they will close it, I think it will just go cold unless someone finally starts talking. I pray every day that there is a break in this case. A case usually isn't closed until there is a proper conclusion. So sad. I just hope someone eventually comes forward with info to help solve the case.

I read the other day that if a case "goes cold" that the public has access to the information collected in the state of FL....don't know if that is true for every state or not....

I think law enforcement should have to release everything after ten years as what they have held onto all of those years did not bring closure for the family.....There might be a chance that someone in the public could solve it if they knew more...

Does she have a security system in her home? I think you can buy alarms that stick on the windows and if the window is lifted a loud alarm goes off....

She needs to get into the habit of checking all rooms, under beds, in closets after she has been away from home....

Does she have a security system in her home? I think you can buy alarms that stick on the windows and if the window is lifted a loud alarm goes off....

She needs to get into the habit of checking all rooms, under beds, in closets after she has been away from home....
She has those ones you can place on the windows and doors to alarm when they are opened. The problem is we think he is getting in while she is away from home so no one is there to hear the alarm. She had to move back in with us for a few weeks due to this. My mom is also moving in with her this week. So someone will be there at all times.
About a week ago someone literally climbed on my roof and destroyed our security lights. Ugh. If it's not one thing it's another. I wish this guy would just go away. He made the statement not long before they broke up to my mama that if she ever broke up with him, he'd kill her. I've taught her how to use a pistol and she now has one plus my mama packs a pistol. He KNOWS I have weapons. Like an arsenal. And I'm not afraid to use it. She is also carrying a baseball bat with her in her car and her boss walks her to her vehicle every night. I talk to her on the phone until she arrives here. Then talk to her as she checks the home out. I reminded her to never let her guard down. He admitted in court that he drives by our homes often. Blegh!!!

This is a cold case meaning basically tips and information has about dried up. It will remain this way until it is solved

Marable and Positive Light...a few things here. First, why in the world would the killer be nervous? If they cannot solve this case in 11 years what makes you think that he is suddenly bursting over the fact that there is a podcast? He may not be interested in the case at all, and may have absolutely zero remorse or moral conscience. Second, no one said Tara was a *advertiser censored* and I certainly did not use any poor choice of words to describe her. What I said was exactly what Sundrop stated...having multiple partners opens up pandoras box in an investigation I would assume. Instead of having one scorned lover there is the potential for 5 etc.... and that love or the perception of it makes people do stupid things.The facts are the facts and the girl was "associated" with multiple men in the waning months before she dissapeared. Third, why would the guy/girl have to follow the normal "I am a serial killer who started torturing animals at a young age and progressed" mold? Yes this has been the case before but this case appears to be anything but your run of the mill mystery. If it were, it would most likely have been cracked years ago. The hardest crimes to solve appear to be the ones that do not make sense. The ones that you cannot look back on and say "Oh, that is why". This case is either very solvable and there has been some sort of effort put into keeping the truth hidden etc,(cover up, LE association, inside info, etc) or we will not know for sure for a very long time if ever at all. It would be nice if the perp came out and told us that they did it and here is where you will find her. Not going to happen at this point! Your faith in the deplorable person that did this is way higher than my personal opinion of them. Somehow a game changer needs to rear its head here. Some evidence needs to be stumbled upon, something new found, etc or we can continue to have this discussion for another 11 years.

Also, I would love to hear that the people in Ocilla who know or think they know something will suddenly talk. If I recall correctly, when Greta Van Susteren went down to Ocilla to talk to people like a year after this happened (not sure exactly how long...cannot remember) she stated that nobody down there appeared to be forthcoming with ANY information. She gave the impression that she was an outsider and not really welcome there. I am not really familiar with how that lower part of Georgia is. I have never been there but I grew up in a small town and if it is like where I grew up...multiple people know what happened. They just haven't said a word. That could mean that they feel that if they tell someone, the fear that they will be blamed. People assume it is easier to keep it to themsleves than to get involved and to look like they did something wrong even if all they did was hear a rumor.

Greta was in Ocilla 2 weeks after she disappeared. The case was a hot topic in 2005 and 06, and the few people who are now willing to talk 11 years later many were just kids back in 2005

Ugh, as a woman, I get frustrated when other women see this kind of topic as a chance to delve into "double standards" that don't even apply here. I think maybe 30 years ago that was the case, but today? Meh. Look at pop culture and Hollywood. Pretty sure times have sped up a bit. I think people are only discussing it because it was out of character for HER. Or out of the character that people assumed from her. And it being a small town world, it's quite unusual that she had contact with that many men, especially during the time period. That doesn't mean anyone is calling her names. If she had multiple boyfriends, well, she had multiple boyfriends! Sorry but that's how the cookie crumbles. I'm pretty sure if a guy went missing for 11 years, they would be discussing his multiple girlfriends (or boyfriends!) just as much as they're being discussed here. We have to be adults and accept it for what it is and get over the whole "double standard" topic...I haven't seen one thing on here that insinuates that she's being labeled. Sometimes, it is what it is...

Maybe, but the insinuatation sure has been made other places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members