GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the information is credible and verifiable, yes the person can go to the FBI office in Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

As long as the information is credible and verifiable, yes the person can go to the FBI office in Atlanta.

Is there anything to protect an informant's name from being revealed or "leaked" back to the GBI or OPD? I want to believe that, given that particular scenario, the FBI could and would protect their source. Am I being naive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the fear but for information to solve the case the information has to be verified and, like it or not, has to be provided to the GBI because at the end of the day they are the ones who can only arrest

I know I'm throwing a lot of hypotheticals at you today, and here's one more. I somehow missed your comment above earlier. If an informant bypasses, for example, the OPD and GBI because they're fearful, and goes instead to the FBI, would the GBI still be brought into the loop and be the arresting authority? IF that's the case, then what do local citizens with credible information do? Actually, that'd make a great podcast topic for y'all. As a mom and wife in a small Southern town, Tara's case has made me think about those types of scenarios. I'm not a hero. I'd keep my mouth shut for sure if I were actually in that predicament. I'd hope not everyone would be as afraid as I know I would be though. In this particular case, and because of your status and history with this case, could a person reveal credible and verifiable information to you without being fearful of local or state LE learning their name, or would you be required by some code of law to reveal your source? And I apologize for putting you on the spot with all of these questions. Maybe I'm a skepticist in this regards, but I've always wondered how anonymous an anonymous tipster really is.

I know I'm throwing a lot of hypotheticals at you today, and here's one more. I somehow missed your comment above earlier. If an informant bypasses, for example, the OPD and GBI because they're fearful, and goes instead to the FBI, would the GBI still be brought into the loop and be the arresting authority? IF that's the case, then what do local citizens with credible information do? Actually, that'd make a great podcast topic for y'all. As a mom and wife in a small Southern town, Tara's case has made me think about those types of scenarios. I'm not a hero. I'd keep my mouth shut for sure if I were actually in that predicament. I'd hope not everyone would be as afraid as I know I would be though. In this particular case, and because of your status and history with this case, could a person reveal credible and verifiable information to you without being fearful of retaliation, or would you be required by some code of law to reveal your source? And I apologized for putting you on the spot with all of these questions.

You can submit information anonymously but you need to provide enough details so the information can be verified so law enforcement isn't left hanging with only partial information. Remember, as an anonymous tipster you can't be contacted back so the information given should be thorough.

I want to say either maybe she thought of suicide or possibly hurting marcus. the whole "if i cant have you, no one else can" deal. But again maybe she knew something would happen. Ive tried to look at that email in both ways

Nailed it. Some ask why wait 10-11 years to say something ..... who were we suppose to tell? People in Ocilla see the podcast as a glimmer of hope. A chance for this case to be solved and possibly light shed on corruption. The concern for many though is can we come forward with info to Payne without the podcast revealing our identity? There are certain things that could be narrowed down to know who is telling what and put certain ones in danger. Most everyone in Ocilla is afraid to take that chance.

Fawkes, for what it is worth, I've been posting on here for years and appreciate your honesty. I understand where you are coming from. Any new info, even crumbs, can help point this in the right direction. I have friends in and around Ocilla/Fitzgerald and they don't even like talking to me since they know I am on here. I too have heard of a black truck driven by HD but honestly couldn't verify it. I can't remember from where or whom I heard it. Thanks for your input.

I know what color mh truck was because I saw it and it was not black, so what color was his truck?

The ring story it was Larry Gattis
not Joe

The concrete was at Joe's land outside of Ocilla

I am confused by this post. What ring story are you speaking of? Was a message deleted?

There is some chatter about the ring in the Up and Vanished discussion forum. Someone has also posted a picture of Tara with the ring. I do not think LG giving her the ring means very much. My best friend's husband always had me go shopping with him to purchase her birthday and xmas gifts. He purchased a piece of jewellery for me as a thank you. Trust me there is nothing nefarious about my relationship with him.

I remember a comment suggesting JP might have purchased Tara a ring. I can't seem to find the it, so perhaps it was deleted.

The ring was given as a Christmas present in front of his wife Tara's sister and her mom knew about it, so no secret

Perhaps a mailing address could be posted here, so that someone could send a detailed anonymous tip to Sundrop.

As several people have done over the years created an odd name Gmail email account and send it.

Dr.G referencing your comment in the discussion forum where you say permission was granted to search land around MH's house, but access was denied and enforced by the sheriff's office.

To your knowledge, has a search of the Harper property ever been conducted by anyone.

No the property has never been searched

Guys, Sundrop included....why would anyone run off Fawkes? If the man/woman claims to know things for SURE and can substantiate those claims, then why would anyone run them off? Like Fawkes said, LE is crooked and you are not safe down there if they know who is talking. Help them get the info out to GBI, FBI, or Dr. G themselves. Maybe all three simultaneously. This would ensure that the evidence would not just disappear. Lets all not get so tunnel visioned that we turn down info and miss the forrest for the trees. Sundry, for claiming to me a few weeks ago that this will not be solved over the internet....this sure seems like it may be more of a breakthrough than there has been in years. Who knows? It cannot help to assist this person while they try to get their information out. Something that simple may be enough to get a subpoena to search the property that no one has been allowed on yet. The answer may have always been right where everyone assumed it was in the beginning.

No one has run anyone away. For 11 years and still now there are multiple anonymous outlets to report tips. I have worked one tip for months before finding out the GBI had known about it for 10 years and there was nothing to it. If multiple people know about a tip then likely it has been vetted but who knows. Final results of a tip is likely to be available from me rather than from the GBI

I don't think anyone wants to run off Fawkes. Quite the opposite actually! Encouraging him/her to share all information with GBI, LE, Payne & Dr. Godwin. But to provide enough detail that the information can be verified. I feel that people with details like that will be the ones to provide the information that cracks the case open & allow devoted people like Dr. G to resolve this case for Tara & her family. I'd love to hear a future podcast episode featuring Fawkes & his information if it is credible. He said he was willing to discuss with Payne & Dr G I believe.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I find it strange that everyone in town knows who did it...but because of the corruption and power that certain people have. JP was one of the liaisons that Tara was involved with. The Monday morning after she disappeared , he had her car detailed. He poured a concrete slab fairly soon after she disappeared. Also his wife MP who was a nurse received a letter about a week after Tara disappeared saying that her husband killed her. MP had latex gloves that she had access to. If JP needed one, they were at the house. Fawkes was on the money with all he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie93