GA GA - Troup County, wht/hispmale, tattoos, gunshots to head, 2010UMGA, West Point Lake, March 1990

I'm not seeing anything about a tattoo in that Namus page? I'm probably just overlooking it, but...

I think I understand....this woman's torso was found with the word Drugs carved in her back. But it's a different case....I think this thread is closed, the man identified.....I'm going to click on unwatch thread I think.

Yes, I know our UID had "cocaine user" as a tattoo. I'm trying to figure out what woman we are talking about, and why. I followed the Namus link and the file didn't say anything about a tattoo or scar or carving. And it's from 8 years previous and several hundred miles away--I'm not seeing a connection.

Yes, I know our UID had "cocaine user" as a tattoo. I'm trying to figure out what woman we are talking about, and why. I followed the Namus link and the file didn't say anything about a tattoo or scar or carving. And it's from 8 years previous and several hundred miles away--I'm not seeing a connection.

I had read (probably on DOE network) that the woman had the word drug carved into her back. I misread the date of her discovery, though. A timespan of 8 years as opposed to 2 makes a correlation between the two victims more unlikely.

Located & Identified Persons

2010UMGA, discovered on March 11, 1990 in Troup County, Georgia, has been identified according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. No further information is available.
Yay Bit of Hope and MurkyWaters! You guys solved this! Honestly great job in looking up all that info.. wish all cases could've solved so quick!

Collier County Jane Doe's DoeNetwork page has the information about the carving 1434UFFL

Her WS thread FL - FL - Collier Co., WhtFem UP#1277, 16-22, Dismembered & "Drug" Carved in Back, Jun'82

The brand/tattoo regarding drug use is a really weird coincidence. Gotta wonder if these two homicides are somehow connected.

Unidentified Person Case
Ok I did not see tattoo either BUT noticed this...
Circumstances of Recoveryo_O
The trunk of this female was found in a canal 200 yards east of the 37-mile marker rest area of Alligator Alley (State Road 84).

Hi Everyone,

Has this man been named yet?

Hi Everyone,

Has this man been named yet?

Hi Tricia, according to the Doe Network this person is identified, no further information. Do you need more confirmation...what can I do?

I had read (probably on DOE network) that the woman had the word drug carved into her back. I misread the date of her discovery, though. A timespan of 8 years as opposed to 2 makes a correlation between the two victims more unlikely.

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I was totally confused there...

This UID was entered into Namus on 20 January 2020 as UP64454. The jewellery images in Namus are quite clear if you click on them to enlarge (on a desktop).

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/64454

ME/C Case Number C90-0917
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Year of Death 1990
Height 5' 10"-6' 0"(70-72 inches) , Estimated
Weight 180-200 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 11, 1990
NamUs Case Created January 20, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location LaGrange, Georgia 30240
County Troup County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)33.174220, -85.064210
Circumstances of Recovery - Fishermen discovered a decomposed body on the banks of the northern end of West Point Lake in Troup County, Georgia. Photographs of tattoos and some personal effects are available. He is a white male, estimated 70-72 inches in height and estimated 180-200 lbs in weight.
Details of Recovery
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description - Nothing listed in Namus
Distinctive Physical Features
Tattoo - Right lateral upper arm: tattoo reading "Mom" in plain lettering.
Tattoo - Right front upper chest: tattoo of the right side of the face of a mouse.
Tattoo - Right back: tattoo showing person snorting cocaine, specifically showing a left hand holding a spoon in rightward direction, pinky extended, spoon above a plate with razor blade by it. Right hand shows index finger pressed against right nostril. Powder present in spoon, just below left nostril. Smoke/clouds emanating from ears.

Clothing and Accessories
Casio digital watch w/black plastic band (L wrist).
Silver cigarette lighter, INITIALED WITH "C.A.M." (in L pocket of overalls).
Packet of Camel brand filter cigarettes.
1974 Eisenhower Liberty silver dollar belt buckle, Eagle side facing out
Sterling silver ring w/blue stone: from 1979, "Missouri Pacific Kansas Division" around stone, train engine on either side. These were issued by Union Pacific Railroad.

Clothing - Light brown Big Mac brand overalls, lined with dark blue-black nylon, zippers along the sides of the legs.
Long-sleeved Big Mac brand blue/green/yellow plaid shirt (size: L).
"Corona: Extra" short-sleeved t-shirt, w/"Corona" logo on L front breast & across back Sassoon brand blue jeans.
Black belt w/Eisenhower silver dollar buckle.
Size 9.5 Hush Puppy brand high-top brown boots, style 86015-669704. (L shoe off, R shoe on)
White sock (on R foot).
White underwear.

Sorry not having much luck loading the two ring photos. My internet is very patchy and driving me mad.

This UID was entered into Namus on 20 January 2020 as UP64454. The jewellery images in Namus are quite clear if you click on them to enlarge (on a desktop).

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/64454

ME/C Case Number C90-0917
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Year of Death 1990
Height 5' 10"-6' 0"(70-72 inches) , Estimated
Weight 180-200 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 11, 1990
NamUs Case Created January 20, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location LaGrange, Georgia 30240
County Troup County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)33.174220, -85.064210
Circumstances of Recovery - Fishermen discovered a decomposed body on the banks of the northern end of West Point Lake in Troup County, Georgia. Photographs of tattoos and some personal effects are available. He is a white male, estimated 70-72 inches in height and estimated 180-200 lbs in weight.
Details of Recovery
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description - Nothing listed in Namus
Distinctive Physical Features
Tattoo - Right lateral upper arm: tattoo reading "Mom" in plain lettering.
Tattoo - Right front upper chest: tattoo of the right side of the face of a mouse.
Tattoo - Right back: tattoo showing person snorting cocaine, specifically showing a left hand holding a spoon in rightward direction, pinky extended, spoon above a plate with razor blade by it. Right hand shows index finger pressed against right nostril. Powder present in spoon, just below left nostril. Smoke/clouds emanating from ears.

Clothing and Accessories
Casio digital watch w/black plastic band (L wrist).
Silver cigarette lighter, INITIALED WITH "C.A.M." (in L pocket of overalls).
Packet of Camel brand filter cigarettes.
1974 Eisenhower Liberty silver dollar belt buckle, Eagle side facing out
Sterling silver ring w/blue stone: from 1979, "Missouri Pacific Kansas Division" around stone, train engine on either side. These were issued by Union Pacific Railroad.

Clothing - Light brown Big Mac brand overalls, lined with dark blue-black nylon, zippers along the sides of the legs.
Long-sleeved Big Mac brand blue/green/yellow plaid shirt (size: L).
"Corona: Extra" short-sleeved t-shirt, w/"Corona" logo on L front breast & across back Sassoon brand blue jeans.
Black belt w/Eisenhower silver dollar buckle.
Size 9.5 Hush Puppy brand high-top brown boots, style 86015-669704. (L shoe off, R shoe on)
White sock (on R foot).
White underwear.

Thanks for the info @Melt71. That clears up some questions around his identification. Kind of messy info along the way....I stick with Namus now, so still unidentified. Back to the search.

The ring.
Original

Thumbnail

From the Namus file

I think it looks a bit like this, from my earlier search upthread & for convenience. The ring on the body says 'Kansas Div', the shown ring says 'Railroad'. The stone in the ring on the body looks darker blue. Maybe there was a variation of colors or it's just incidence of light.
IG10927-1.jpg

Lot 109 Missouri Pacific Ring | Railroad Memories

Last edited:
Interesting the artifacts from the 70's, (belt buckle and ring). Could they have been from a family member (mom giving him his dad's stuff?) or good friend who passed in the late 70's. Like memorabilia. Maybe the lighter with initials C.A.M. was something like that too.

The odd statement about the tattoo 'cocaine user' is cleared up to0 now. It was literally an image of someone using cocaine. Grinzzz....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• missouri-pacific-railroad-sterling-service-award_1_c6b7b53bbb6cea3b7ff4fd7a652b6d23.jpg
    missouri-pacific-railroad-sterling-service-award_1_c6b7b53bbb6cea3b7ff4fd7a652b6d23.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back