General Discussion Thread No. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I really believe they (whoever took her) gave her a drug. There is no way they carried her out of there without her wakening," she told the Sunday Mirror.

"If she was taken when she was sleeping by somebody she did not know she would have screamed the place down

Are we still talking about the same Madeleine? Madeleine who was such a heavy sleeper that she would never wake up and ask for her parents, so it was perfectly safe to leaver her alone with the doors unlocked? :liar:

It's really getting bizarre, isn't it?

Here's the story about the Prince and the E-mail:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22510574-5006003,00.html

That story is related to the "new" information about someone hiding under the stairs, as well as a disgruntled maid. So all these new stories seem to be one huge blob of a story. (Sorry if I sound skeptical - these sound like red herrings to me.)

You can always find links to the top Maddie stories here:
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Madeleine+McCann

Thanks ThoughtFox, the link from the Daily Telegraph in my opinion could have some substance to it as the Daily Telegraph is a well respected newspaper here in Australia.

I just dont know what to think of all this anymore, it is mind boggling thats for sure.

Shazza: I believe the facts of the story about the Prince's website and the investigation into it are true.

What I'm not sure about is the truth behind what the e-mail said, since it could be totally fabricated, even if the name of the maid is true.

Shazza: I believe the facts of the story about the Prince's website and the investigation into it are true.

What I'm not sure about is the truth behind what the e-mail said, since it could be totally fabricated, even if the name of the maid is true.
I totally agree ThoughtFox, the content of the email and information that has been put to the LE could be garbage for all we know, but why would you send it to the Prince of Wales, send it to Scotland yard or the LE, imo there is no logic, but to cause more media frenzy and to take the attention away from finding Madelaine and putting the spotlight back on the parents and their supposed innocence.

God please take care of Madelaine wherever she may be.

Ah so now the granny is saying that the abductor gave her a drug, that well covers the McCanns if there are drugs found in DNA or the body if ever found. These people are very clever!
As if the adbuctor would have had time to wait until a drug took effect!

Ah so now the granny is saying that the abductor gave her a drug, that well covers the McCanns if there are drugs found in DNA or the body if ever found. These people are very clever!

You said it! My thoughts exactly.

are you really saying that any court of law and a jurors would base any decisions on uncredited statements in the press -

IF the body is found then a detailed post mortum will be done and will be done in accordance of science and not tabloid gossip .

Yup, Granny definitely throws a monkey wrench into the mix (or a "spanner into the works" as they say there).

Granny is both undercutting McCanns' main claim -- that Madeleine was spirited away quietly while they sat within easy earshot (only 40 M away, by their account) -- and, simultaneously, setting up the drugging defense.

My head is spinning ... but, on balance, Granny tips me toward parental guilt than away from it.

Surely all the kings horses and all the king's men could muzzle little Granny if they didn't want her talking. So we have to conclude that they do want her talking. Why?

Maybe the police are closing in ...

Yup, Granny definitely throws a monkey wrench into the mix (or a "spanner into the works" as they say there).

Granny is both undercutting McCanns' main claim -- that Madeleine was spirited away quietly while they sat within easy earshot (only 40 M away, by their account) -- and, simultaneously, setting up the drugging defense.

My head is spinning ... but, on balance, Granny tips me toward parental guilt than away from it.

Surely all the kings horses and all the king's men could muzzle little Granny if they didn't want her talking. So we have to conclude that they do want her talking. Why?

Maybe the police are closing in ...

My first post here, I was thinking the police maybe closing in too, why did Gerry say he thought the abductor may have been in the apartment while he was there, and has only just remembered it, is he covering something that may come up later, and it also looks like granny is covering for any drugs that may have been given, very strange.

This comment from Granny was first report about the time the original speculation broke on the McCanns giving drugs to their children, maybe two or three months ago. This is old news, being regenerated to keep the public doubting about what the heck might have really happened.

What I have not seen before is the info on the person hiding in the stairway or the disgruntled maid.

Salem

This is exactly what I thought and it gave me a great big lump in my throat. If this was the actual scenerio the family thought then they should have voiced it long ago. To come out with it now is just giving an explanation should drugs be found in the DNA evidence the police alledgedly have. It does not sit well with me at all. It is being defensive and that make me ask what do you have to be defensive about....

mjak

This is old news, being regenerated to keep the public doubting about what the heck might have really happened.

Salem, You are right, This is regurgitated from at least September 12
[FONT=&quot]http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/granny-says-police-are-clawing-at-straws-1076814.html

Granny says the exact same thing
[/FONT] "The thing is that little Amelie is wearing Madeleine's sandals and she is in and out of the car. Cuddly toys are in it. Madeleine's toys are in it. Madeleine's tops are in it that Amelie is wearing. It's nonsense," she said.

Does anyone else find it strange that Amelie is wearing Maddie's sandals and clothes?

Some people just freak out, they may have thought that they will lose the twins because of negligence and their careers would be over. Just based on the decision of leaving the three babies alone for a WHOLE WEEK proves that THEIR fun time was a priority for them and the kids were in second place. Hence, if they found Maddie dead or they killed her by accident, the first reaction once again would be ABOUT THEM, in this case saving their butts somehow!

Right. :)

are you really saying that any court of law and a jurors would base any decisions on uncredited statements in the press -

IF the body is found then a detailed post mortum will be done and will be done in accordance of science and not tabloid gossip .

Your posts prompts this question, I am curious, forgive me everyone if this has been discussed (just point me to posts if so)....here in US, we can get conviction w/o body, what are the laws where this occured? Can anyone be tried and convicted for her murder if no body is found?

If Maddie fell down the stairs and died of a head injury I see no reason why her parents would not have taken her to a hospital.

If Maddie fell down the stairs and she lay there dead for 2 hours before discovery and then they called the ambulance, I would think the police would likely have gotten involved that night after they would have had to explain to the hospital why she was dead for 2 hours before discovery.

In the US, I would think that type of neglect would cause social services to remove the twins that night.Maybe that is what Gerry and Kate initially feared and then things got out of control.

Your posts prompts this question, I am curious, forgive me everyone if this has been discussed (just point me to posts if so)....here in US, we can get conviction w/o body, what are the laws where this occured? Can anyone be tried and convicted for her murder if no body is found?

I don't know the factual answer, but given their justice system is similar to Aruba's, and hearing those infamous words of Paulus van der Sloot echoing in my head, I'd say "no body, no case".

IMO

From what I understand, not in Portugal. No body, no case.

I dont know about Portugese law - where any trial would take place - but there have been cases where people get convicted without the body - but it would have to be a pretty clear case -

To convict someone in this case you are going to have to have pretty damming evidence

I think the reasonable doubt question will be pretty high in a lot of peoples minds

Maryam - your post #174:)

I said IF it was common to use a listening monitor. However, it does appear that these monitors get some use or why would the resorts have them? I agree the McCanns were not using one of these, but it seems they would just keep repeating the same story they are saying now..... "we were very close, could see the apt, we checked every half-hour."

It is my opinion that the McCanns were not originally investigated because PLE didn't think these fine, upstanding, English citizens could be culpable. Under such circumstances, to speak of an accident should not have caused them any problems. My thought is that they could even have said they gave the children some small amount of "medicine" to help them sleep or because they had colds, etc. and no one, especially the police, would have cared.

This of course is all my opinion, but I think if the McCanns are covering up a fall on the stairway, there is more to the story. I just cannot believe they would go through all this trouble for an "accident." There has to be something there that they really couldn't explain away, what, I just don't know.

Salem

I dont know about Portugese law - where any trial would take place - but there have been cases where people get convicted without the body - but it would have to be a pretty clear case -

To convict someone in this case you are going to have to have pretty damming evidence

I think the reasonable doubt question will be pretty high in a lot of peoples minds

Thanks everyone for your answers.

OK. So, could be done, but, they'd have to have a mountain of evidence, and right now, I'm not believing they do or the McCann's would be in custody as others have been saying. WHERE IS SHE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred