General Discussion

No, nothing new on the show. This case seems to be totally stalled. No match to the DNA on the glove. I wonder how often they run it through the databases. They might get lucky but if someone who knew her took/killed her, then it is possible they are not a habitual offender and may never have their DNA taken.

I go over and over the case in my head and try to figure out what is connected and what is not! I just wish someone would spill their guts because someone has to know something!!

From What I remember about the DNA it is from a rubbor glove found in the yard or so i believe . I really wonder about that and if its not something that we put way to much thinking into kinda reminds me of the DNA on the underwear in the JBR case where henry lee showed how even bran new underwear has dna on it . my point is what if the glove was droped as a red hearing or heck just blew in the wind from somewhere again maybe im just not uptodate but the DNA really makes me wonder if were not barking up the wrong tree so to speak..

Although I still think the odds favor an adult runaway solution to this case I do
mull things over frm time to time & when I do I look at the case from all angles,
including foul play scenarios. A few things seem clearer now as time has passed. If foul play
was involved I believe the evidence indicates that Tara was the reason for the crime,
that it was not a botched robbery or random home invasion.

In fact I doubt any perp was ever inside her home when she disappeared.

To me, the 2 most likely ways foul play could have happened would be:
1. Targeted by someone that had been to her home before yet someone that she did not
really know. Probably someone that had once dropped off some of the girls that
she was helping with hair styles or someone that had ridden along with them when
they were dropped off. Perhaps someone that knew she had recently worked on some girls hair
and possibly knew which name to use in a ruse to get Tara to leave her home and
follow him to another location where foul play could have taken place.

Maybe something along the lines of 'You just worked on my girlfriend's cousin's little girl
& she is out at our house now visiting but she fell down and messed up all that work you
did so could you come out and do a quick emergency touch up before anyone sees her?'

2. Targeted by someone that she had briefly come into contact with who had found out
where she lived & had used some ruse to get her out of the house. Maybe the old
'someone you know was in a bad accident so please follow me to the scene . . .' sort of thing.

It seems likely that the perp knew when Tara would be home because otherwise he
would have to repeatedly drive by until he saw her car there with no other cars there.
If he had simply called to verify she was home the phone records would have listed
the call & LE would likely already have been looking into it.

Thinking of how he knew she was at home might help narrow the field of suspects a bit
. . . . . .if foul play was involved.

I have left out the possibility of her going to meet someone because of the shoes being
left in disarray (allegedly unusual for her.) They seem to indicate that either she left
in a hurry or that she no longer cared about them.

For some perp to arrive at her home at the perfect time to pull a ruse to get her
to follow him somewhere is interesting of itself. No one saw them leave in what I believe
was daylight (the car seems to have been returned after dark though.)

I know I have left out some other popular foul play theories & I have reasons for doing so
but listing them would have taken a much longer post. I had made up a post with links
to articles that led to the logic I used in coming to the 2 scenarios I have listed here
but it was so long I just saved it in a text file to mull over later.
To me, all the evidence I know of still seems to point more towards an adult runaway
than anything else.

Last night I watched Tara's Disappeared episode again. I came away feeling that she is/was a very complicated charecter. On one hand, she's upset that her long time boyfriend dumped her and not in a very nice way, but at the same time she's taking up with a married police officer. I'm wondering about the stalker student. Was there any evidence to suggest that there was more to their relationship then student/teacher? This case makes my headspin. I can't believe that it is going to be 5 yrs. How awful.

Last night I watched Tara's Disappeared episode again. I came away feeling that she is/was a very complicated charecter. On one hand, she's upset that her long time boyfriend dumped her and not in a very nice way, but at the same time she's taking up with a married police officer. I'm wondering about the stalker student. Was there any evidence to suggest that there was more to their relationship then student/teacher? This case makes my headspin. I can't believe that it is going to be 5 yrs. How awful.

From what I've read elsewhere, she was seen climbing out of AV's (the student) bedroom window. I do believe he had an alibi for the time of her disappearance.

Today is 5 years that Tara has been missing. I pray that her family gets the answers they are looking for soon. Thinking of you, Tara.

My prayers are still that there will be that one little detail that surfaces that links all of this together. The final piece of the puzzle. Who knows what that could be at this point.

When I watched the new show about Tara last week, I did actually learn something. I didn't know that someone in LE leaked some very key details about Tara's case to the media which compromised the case by releasing details that could have been used to make a case against a suspect. They did not say which Department did this. Did anyone else see this?

When all of the finger pointing was at Tara's sister and different things they claim she did to compromise the investigation, it was in fact someone in LE who compromised the case. So that makes me wonder who was in a position in LE to want to do this. Perhaps someone who was better friends with the person responsible for Tara's disappearance than they were interested in maintaining the integrity of the case. Or maybe they just 'thought' they were helping the case by talking to the media. But anyone in LE knows 'not' to talk to the media for heavens sake. JMO

Years ago, someone said to me that they suspected someone in LE didn't want this case to be solved and I didn't want to believe them. I could easily understand how it could happen, I just didn't want it to, for Tara's sake. Now I wonder if this case can ever be solved.

Tara, if you are still here, have a Happy Thanksgiving.....If you are not still here, give somebody a sign.....We will find you, either way.......

This was just a formality done so that her family can handle her estate.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13733734
Grinstead Presumed Dead

Ocilla, GA (WALB) -- Tara Grinstead, the missing school teacher and former beauty queen, is now officially presumed dead.

(snipped - more at the link)

The action of the probate court does not change the status of the case being investigated by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Ocilla police.

I don't believe the cases are NOT linked. At best Jennifer Kesse was abducted by a stranger and I believe Tara knew her killer. What about Jennifer Sessions then? Even though that was in 1989 it is still unsolved and she was in Gainesville, FL, which is in between Tara and Jennifer.

I just joined recently and have read the threads. Does anyone know if Tara kept a diary?

Tara kept a journal. It was found by the family after the GBI turned the house over to the family.

Thanks for the information. I thought I had read somewhere that she had kept a diary etc. Is it true that the LE was not allowed to search all of MH's property? I didn't know Tara personally, but I hope it is okay if I think of questions, to ask here. I wish there was some new lead in this case that would help us find her.

Thanks for the information. I thought I had read somewhere that she had kept a diary etc. Is it true that the LE was not allowed to search all of MH's property? I didn't know Tara personally, but I hope it is okay if I think of questions, to ask here. I wish there was some new lead in this case that would help us find her.

No, I think LE searched pretty much anywhere they requested permission. Some land owners did not want their land searched by volunteers. I think LE would have gotten search warrants to search anywhere they were denied access.

Then her body was taken out of the search areas. Her car had clay and dirt on it as if it had been taken on dirt roads and I had read where Tara didn't drive down those type of roads.

It must be nice to have a lawyer that can account for every minute of his client's whereabouts even when he is sleeping. Sounds a bit much. I guess the GBI feels differently as they have not ruled him out.

Dive team searches Irwin Co. creek for Tara Grinstead remains

OCILLA, GA (WALB) –Divers spent much of the day in an Irwin County creek looking for the remains of a school teacher who disappeared five and a half years ago.

Tips in the Tara Grinstead case continue to come in. Investigators say the one that led them to that creek Tuesday is the most substantial they've gotten in a year.

A neighbor who claims to have called in the tip to the sheriff says just a few days after Grinstead disappeared he saw two men acting very suspiciously down by the creek. He says it has been weighing heavy on his heart, so felt it was time to tell someone.

(more at the link)

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14258097

I guess I just don't understand people. I wonder why the person didn't report it sooner? Also, when the two men left, why didn't he go and take a look around where the two men were standing? If you could do anything for a missing person or her family, why wouldn't you have come forth sooner than this? What if this were your son or daughter that went missing? I guess I just don't understand. I think it is called do the right thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back