General Discussion

Hi Trixie~
The paragraph below I copied and pasted from the post made by Docwho3.

At this point we know the name of the missing person. We know someone probably "helped" her leave home. We now know that person was a male (if the meaning of the glove evidence has been interpreted correctly). What we don't know is whether she left with this male willingly or as a victim of foul play.

I have not reviewed the evidence on this crime for quite awhile. I do remember something about the car seat.................. I have no idea if Tara left willingly or not. I tend to believe not. I DO think the glove will be the break that LE has needed to bring justice to this crime. I think the fact that DNA and finger prints not being in the system, speaks volumes. Do you have any other thoughts on this case?

Sorry for the confusion on my earlier post.

I wonder if they took DNA samples from any of the men she worked with at the school? You never know these days where evil lurks.
I think there is a possibility that the person who did this is someone respected within the community, and they
think they will never be suspected or questioned. In small communities like this too many are related, and are not willing to speak up in fear of retaliation.

I would imagine that her co-workers would also have their fingerprints on file, since they have to do a complete background check for all school staff. I think that would even cover school volunteers.

I'm wondering about Valdosta State where she was going back for the graduate program. Did they ever end up checking out any possible connection down there? I think that was one of the things her family mentioned they had to do on their own, talk to people at VSU.

Does anyone know if any of the poi's are trained in martial arts?

What has happened here is too much control. It was meant to clean house and restore the focus on Tara, but it also took away the freedom to post. No one knows what to say anymore because it may get deleted.

I understand what the intention was. It was meant to create a whole new energy, but by deleting hundreds of well thought out posts along with the detrimental ones, it made our time here feel futile. It has made it hard to know what is and isn't up for a discussion. The rules are clear and yet they seem to overshaddow. Windchime said in the other thread that anything is up for a discussion. Let's see.

Perhaps you are tired of trying, but Tara is still out there somewhere, and the perp is probably pretty smug since this board has died. It must have been a huge thorn in his side at one time. Let's really tick him off and start talking about this case again. Let's dig up stuff that we missed the first time. But in order to do this we are going to have to forget about our past upsets and start over.

Pretend for just a minute that your loved one is missing. It would hurt for you to come on here and see no discussion taking place. The list we have here is a good one. Pick the ones you know about and start a discussion. Maybe you have a thought that never got discussed. Please think about it and post it.

This site is a great place to come for intelligent discussion.

So please, Let's talk! For Tara's sake.:)

What has happened here is too much control. It was meant to clean house and restore the focus on Tara, but it also took away the freedom to post. No one knows what to say anymore because it may get deleted.

I understand what the intention was. It was meant to create a whole new energy, but by deleting hundreds of well thought out posts along with the detrimental ones, it made our time here feel futile. It has made it hard to know what is and isn't up for a discussion. The rules are clear and yet they seem to overshaddow. Windchime said in the other thread that anything is up for a discussion. Let's see.

Perhaps you are tired of trying, but Tara is still out there somewhere, and the perp is probably pretty smug since this board has died. It must have been a huge thorn in his side at one time. Let's really tick him off and start talking about this case again. Let's dig up stuff that we missed the first time. But in order to do this we are going to have to forget about our past upsets and start over.

Pretend for just a minute that your loved one is missing. It would hurt for you to come on here and see no discussion taking place. The list we have here is a good one. Pick the ones you know about and start a discussion. Maybe you have a thought that never got discussed. Please think about it and post it.

This site is a great place to come for intelligent discussion.

So please, Let's talk! For Tara's sake.:)

Hi ya, Esah - I've missed chatting with you. I agree with your post whole heartedly and I'm willing to get back at the task at hand and refocus on bringing Tara home to her family and friends.....

So what shall be our first topic?.......

I wonder if it has ever been reported what exactly led Tara to be concerned about MH behavior during their beach trip in July/August?

I know that once they returned from the trip, Tara was expressing concerns to LG and others.

Anyone know?

Thank you Browneyedgirl,

I think I have forgotten more than I remember on this case. Can you refresh my memory with what happened at that time? Was that when Tara emailed her BIL about being afraid of MH? I'm not sure.

At this point we know the name of the missing person. We know someone probably "helped" her leave home. We now know that person was a male (if the meaning of the glove evidence has been interpreted correctly). What we don't know is whether she left with this male willingly or as a victim of foul play.

I am wondering if Tara left willingly and then things went awry. The person she left with went back to her residence to clean up any evidence of his ever being at her house.

I would look at anyone who had easy access to latex gloves.

I wear latex gloves everyday (due to my profession) there are a million different brands and companies that supply the product.

I hope that LE has worked to find the origin of the glove.

I would look at every dental office, medical office, retirement home, daycare, nursing home in the area.
That glove will (hopefully bring an end) to this mystery....

LE carry latex gloves and some also go to retirement homes.

Let's hope LE checks anyone, neighbors, Le, ambulance drivers, everyone at the bar-B-que and especially the person that called Tara so many, many times that night.
Check out everyone that works or visits old age homes.

I wonder if it has ever been reported what exactly led Tara to be concerned about MH behavior during their beach trip in July/August?

I know that once they returned from the trip, Tara was expressing concerns to LG and others.

Anyone know?...

I do not know..

What I do know is: someone had BAD intentions that night and were 'wise' enough to be prepared, by wearing the rubber gloves.

I never even realized that Tara had gone to the beach with Marcus. Did they really? I thought that they had gradually been spending less and less time together and had only gone to one movie that summer? Or, at least, that's what I remember Marcus saying in his Greta Van Susteren interview.

Letsthink, we can't assume that the glove was used to adbuct Tara. That glove could have been dropped any time between late Saturday night and when JP found it, monday morning. Someone might have had a reason to go back into Tara's house to cover up the abduction. Perhaps to set the lamp back on the night stand or plug the clock back in, make her bed look slept in, and most importantly to carefully remove any evidence that they were there. IMO only a very trained person could think of everything when it comes to erasing evidence.

The GBI did say that the glove found, had a connection to Tara. What that connection is, still remains to be known by us.

I still feel that the taking of Tara was not premeditated. But I do feel that more than one person needed to go to her house after she was abducted for some reason. And needing gloves was a part of their visit.

I didn't think of this until now, but maybe the gloves were also used to drive Tara's car back to her house.

Esah, That is a good point about using the gloves to drive her car back to the house. That would certainly explain the lack of prints, other than Tara's, in the car. That also could explain why the glove ended up being left behind in the yard, if the person was quickly running away from the scene after parking her car and not paying attention to anything else other than getting out of there.

Is it possible that Tara had a supply of these gloves in her own house? Of course, that would point to someone who would have known where to find that type of thing within her home. But, that would explain why they are connecting them to Tara - instead of just thinking it's some random thing that got blown into her yard - and then from there they just need to figure out who the guy is who left dna on those gloves. Of course, the possible bitemark that SuziQ saw on there is obviously another way they could have made a connection.

Also, I don't think these gloves are necessarily tied to any particular occupation. I mean, they can be..but they can also be purchased by almost anyone. Sometimes they even get donated to places like food banks or other large volunteer events where people are serving things to the public.

You bring up some very good points Lily. Especially that of the supply of gloves possibly being from Tara's house and that being the connection to them.

I googled 'latex gloves' one day and found that there are many different types. One kind in particular, stood out to me it's the type that has no powder residue inside, (which is for easy on and off). It says it is used by surgeons and crime scene investigators, to name a few, so that it doesn't leave a residue. It would corrupt the gathering of information by its own powder. If there was a residue in the glove and the person was swabbed for this powder it could have easily connected them to the scene.

This would mean that the person who had it, had knowledge of how important this evidence at a crime scene would be. It still leaves the door wide open as to who could have held the glove but interesting still.

Esah, That is a good point about using the gloves to drive her car back to the house.

That would certainly explain the lack of prints, other than Tara's, in the car.

That also could explain why the glove ended up being left behind in the yard, if the person was quickly running away from the scene after parking her car and not paying attention to anything else other than getting out of there.

Is it possible that Tara had a supply of these gloves in her own house? Of course, that would point to someone who would have known where to find that type of thing within her home. But, that would explain why they are connecting them to Tara - instead of just thinking it's some random thing that got blown into her yard - and then from there they just need to figure out who the guy is who left dna on those gloves. Of course, the possible bite-mark that SuziQ saw on there is obviously another way they could have made a connection.

Also, I don't think these gloves are necessarily tied to any particular occupation. I mean, they can be..but they can also be purchased by almost anyone. Sometimes they even get donated to places like food banks or other large volunteer events where people are serving things to the public.....

IF Tara's car was driven back to her house, and parked, did the guy straighten-up her house, then get in another vehicle that had been left there and leave or walk to his house?
Any person that would have the 'nerve' to drive the car back with rubber gloves, clean her house, would have to know her very well...that was NO stranger...

someone knew HOW to cover-up a murder scene....DNA and evidence.

Was the rubber glove dropped between her car and the house OR on 'his' way leaving the property?

The glove was found in the opposite direction of the driveway. It was a few feet from the front door step and towards the next door neighbors house. Not easily visible by someone walking up to the front door from the driveway. Meaning it was not in that normal path. Am I making sense? :)

Also, it was that neighbor that found the glove.

Okay, please don't flame me for posting this. Someone posted this link in the Maura Murray thread and I read the reading on Tara. I am VERY skeptical of these kinds of things but I still can't help but find it a little bit interesting to read.......

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2008/08/tara-grinstead.html

On a more realistic note regarding the glove - how certain can we be that the glove was not blown into the yard or was just discarded there carelessly?

Okay, please don't flame me for posting this. Someone posted this link in the Maura Murray thread and I read the reading on Tara. I am VERY skeptical of these kinds of things but I still can't help but find it a little bit interesting to read.......

On a more realistic note regarding the glove - how certain can we be that the glove was not blown into the yard or was just discarded there carelessly?

Thank you very much for the link. I found it very interesting as well and will pass it on to others that may be able to help. I have also printed it out to reread when time permits as I may have some comments myself.

The glove was discarded probably unintentionally/accidently. GBI has connected the glove to Tara's disappearance so we can assume there is her DNA or other forensics that identify Tara to this glove as well as the unknown DNA belonging to a male.

Very interesting, indeed. Thank you, gaia.

I thought the glove had no match yet, except male. If the match turns out to be non-local, I think there's a case, but if it's local, hey, the wind could have blown it there. IMO a local wouldn't be convicted on a glove match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back