General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the main problem I have with Jr's account, is that he said, (reportedly), that a man in black, with squeaky shoes, came & took Haleigh. That goes against everything Tommy has said about a raging, maniacal Joe. (I'm leaving out Misty's input, because she was supposedly hiding, & Tommy makes claim to an eyewitness account). So, if Jr. heard the squeaky shoes, I'm thinking that trailer was very quiet indeed, & Misty was either gone, (most likely), or sound asleep. Trailer floors are notoriously unlevel & squeaky, so that may be what Jr. heard, but either way, I think that house was stone cold still, & he heard something. So, I'm thinking that instead of all of the drama, someone either sneaked in, & took Haleigh, or just walked into a quiet, still house, & retrieved her. (thinking the kids were asleep). But why???? The thing about the squeaky shoes really bothers me. especially added to the fact, that Lindsey told Tommy, that she threw away his & Timmy's work boots. I can't help but feel that was significant, because her telling it was so random. Of all of the ways to clean & straighten up clutter, why toss a couple of pairs of boots? & then why did she think it was important enough to relate to Tommy? & I find it odd, that in most of Misty's accounts, she claims to be sleeping or hiding, or whatever...but it does serve the purpose of not backing her into a corner & locking her into certain details. So, I think she was probably gone, & others have been feeding her details, & keeping her role, to a minimum. Somebody(s), doesn't want Misty to screw up the story. & I do believe it's several somebodys-manipulating her for their own self interests.

I've always been suspicious of Lindsey's statements about throwing out Tommy and Timmy's boots. Just the fact that she came up with the comment was strange. Why? I think both Lindsey and Chelsea know a lot more than they say. PS. Why did Lindsey have Timmy's boots, anyway? Makes me think that the boots were covered with mud, not sheetrock mud, either.

the main problem I have with Jr's account, is that he said, (reportedly), that a man in black, with squeaky shoes, came & took Haleigh. That goes against everything Tommy has said about a raging, maniacal Joe. (I'm leaving out Misty's input, because she was supposedly hiding, & Tommy makes claim to an eyewitness account). So, if Jr. heard the squeaky shoes, I'm thinking that trailer was very quiet indeed, & Misty was either gone, (most likely), or sound asleep. Trailer floors are notoriously unlevel & squeaky, so that may be what Jr. heard, but either way, I think that house was stone cold still, & he heard something. So, I'm thinking that instead of all of the drama, someone either sneaked in, & took Haleigh, or just walked into a quiet, still house, & retrieved her. (thinking the kids were asleep). But why???? The thing about the squeaky shoes really bothers me. especially added to the fact, that Lindsey told Tommy, that she threw away his & Timmy's work boots. I can't help but feel that was significant, because her telling it was so random. Of all of the ways to clean & straighten up clutter, why toss a couple of pairs of boots? & then why did she think it was important enough to relate to Tommy? & I find it odd, that in most of Misty's accounts, she claims to be sleeping or hiding, or whatever...but it does serve the purpose of not backing her into a corner & locking her into certain details. So, I think she was probably gone, & others have been feeding her details, & keeping her role, to a minimum. Somebody(s), doesn't want Misty to screw up the story. & I do believe it's several somebodys-manipulating her for their own self interests.

In the beginning when they first brought the dogs in I believe the dogs lead them to the river and if a person is wearing wet shoes they tend to squeak when they are being walked in. Just a thought. I've often thought that Haleigh might have been removed from the area by boat and I believe GGM Sykes has a boat. Someone ought to check out Ronald's father as well. I truly believe that the Cummings' family has been involved in a coverup here since the beginning. Why the heck would Teresa Neves and GGM Sykes go to Shell Harbor the day before the search of the river and spend 4 hours in the woods searching? My hinky meter goes off everytime someone even mentions the Cummings. I honestly beleive that the Cummings have been trying to frame Misty and her family from the get go. I do not believe that Misty was even at the MH until later on in the evening when she was seen by a neighbor screaming out in the yard and on her cell phone period. I do not understand why LE has not put pressure on GGM Sykes, Teresa Neves, and Ronald period. The way they've lied and the way they've behaved since the very beginning has made me very suspicous of all of them. One minute Misty is the greatest and then they turn on her and I find that suspicious. Bring in Mark Furman, he'll get to the bottom of it all.

In the beginning when they first brought the dogs in I believe the dogs lead them to the river and if a person is wearing wet shoes they tend to squeak when they are being walked in. Just a thought. I've often thought that Haleigh might have been removed from the area by boat and I believe GGM Sykes has a boat. Someone ought to check out Ronald's father as well. I truly believe that the Cummings' family has been involved in a coverup here since the beginning. Why the heck would Teresa Neves and GGM Sykes go to Shell Harbor the day before the search of the river and spend 4 hours in the woods searching? My hinky meter goes off everytime someone even mentions the Cummings. I honestly beleive that the Cummings have been trying to frame Misty and her family from the get go. I do not believe that Misty was even at the MH until later on in the evening when she was seen by a neighbor screaming out in the yard and on her cell phone period. I do not understand why LE has not put pressure on GGM Sykes, Teresa Neves, and Ronald period. The way they've lied and the way they've behaved since the very beginning has made me very suspicous of all of them. One minute Misty is the greatest and then they turn on her and I find that suspicious. Bring in Mark Furman, he'll get to the bottom of it all.

I'm in agreement with your post, the Cummings family name also raises the hairs on my neck. But in the part I bolded, the truth is, we don't know if LE hasn't put the pressure on Ron and his family. If we know anything about the pressure on Misty and her immediate family it's because LE has put that information out. I do believe we are all going to be surprised just what LE is holding back about its investigation and what they really think of Ron Cummings, his mother and great grandma.
If we haven't heard anything from LE about Ron, TN and Sykes, I think it's because what they have uncovered about the Cummings is very important to solving this case. They are tight lipped about Ron for a reason. JMO

I'm in agreement with your post, the Cummings family name also raises the hairs on my neck. But in the part I bolded, the truth is, we don't know if LE hasn't put the pressure on Ron and his family. If we know anything about the pressure on Misty and her immediate family it's because LE has put that information out. I do believe we are all going to be surprised just what LE is holding back about its investigation and what they really think of Ron Cummings, his mother and great grandma.
If we haven't heard anything from LE about Ron, TN and Sykes, I think it's because what they have uncovered about the Cummings is very important to solving this case. They are tight lipped about Ron for a reason. JMO

Your optimism concerning the situation gives me hope..JMO

Your optimism concerning the situation gives me hope..JMO

Thanks Em, but hope is always great to have in your back pocket. Pull it out when frustration gets the best of you.

I think a lot of us are becoming very frustrated that this case hasn't been solved nor has Haligh been found or given the justice she deserves.
However, I think we all need to keep two points in mind:

1. This isn't a Law and Order tv show and won't be solved in an hour long program.
I believe there are many people involved in various degrees as to what happened to Haleigh. I think LE can't release anything until they can round up all the bad guys in one gangbuster move.

2. Be wary of news unless it's been released by LE in front of a microphone in an official press conference.
There's too many reports floating out there which haven't been confirmed by LE.

And, that's about all I have to say today. Except it's JMO

Thanks Em, but hope is always great to have in your back pocket. Pull it out when frustration gets the best of you.

I think a lot of us are becoming very frustrated that this case hasn't been solved nor has Haligh been found or given the justice she deserves.
However, I think we all need to keep two points in mind:

1. This isn't a Law and Order tv show and won't be solved in an hour long program.
I believe there are many people involved in various degrees as to what happened to Haleigh. I think LE can't release anything until they can round up all the bad guys in one gangbuster move.

2. Be wary of news unless it's been released by LE in front of a microphone in an official press conference.
There's too many reports floating out there which haven't been confirmed by LE.

And, that's about all I have to say today. Except it's JMO
I agree with you, but it seems that in this case, the cops do their own share of embellishing, (& yes, I know they can legally do that), so I take what they say, with a grain of salt, too. JMO

Thinking of Jr.'s account...& this is just a theory. The kids are left alone, a man in black, with squeaky shoes, sneaks in & takes Haleigh. (through a door that Misty left unlocked?). Misty gets home, can't find Haleigh, asks Jr. what he knows, he tells her about the man, she starts screaming, & then goes outside to make her phone call(s). either to Tommy, because that's who she was with earlier, or her mom, because that's who young girls call, when scared, or Timmy, because she admittedly relies on him, or Ron, because he's the dad, or TN, because Misty knows that she is a take charge kind of person, or a friend, (NayNay?), because young girls do surround themselves with friend support, or whoever she had left to be with? ( NayNay? WBG?), because she'd be compelled to share a disbelieving, 'OMG, guess what I just got home to' story with them. & then the lies started.

I am back to the point of starting over. After being away for awhile, I find my way of looking at this thing is changing. For nearly a year all the focus has been on the Cummings/Croslin clans. I really would like to hear more about what went on with the Sheffield families and their whereabouts days before and at the time Haleigh disappeared. I am NOT picking on anyone--I just think we should be fair about examining peoples pasts and drug use histories. Do we really even know if Haleigh & Jr were home on the weekend before the disappearance? Every Haleigh sighting I've read about involves someone resembling either a Sheffield, Padgett, Lauramore or Griffis family member. Why? You can commence the tomato toss now! I'm ready.

Can you provide a link to Haleigh sightings involving people resembling the maternal side of Haleigh's family?
The only sightings I can think of off the top of my head are at the WM in Mass. last summer and the one at the restaurant in Tenn. right after she disappeared. I can't recall the people's description she was sighted with. Are these sightings what is being referred to or are there more?
Thanks!

thinking of Jr.'s account again...he supposedly told his mother that story. If he had been hiding in the bed with Misty, while Joe was raging, I think he would've added that to his story. & it was reported, but later shot down, & then reported again, etc... that Crystal came out of that meeting, crying & saying that Joe had killed Haleigh. If there's any truth to that account, I don't get the surprise, because I think she would've already been suspecting Joe.. so, I'm left surmising, that Jr. never related that part of the story... because it didn't happen. But wouldn't LE have figured this out too? Would they have been so cold to let her think such a horrible thing, without proof? IDK. & all of this makes me question Ron's attitude about Jr.'s account. Why wasn't he willing to think that since Jr. was home, he very well could've witnessed something. Was it because he knew that for Jr's story to make sense, it would come out that the kids had been left alone? Geesh, I sure hope Ron isn't that image conscious...self absorbed to the point of shooting down the truth.

Who first received the information about the man in black? Did jr tell GMA first? The very first hours after this happened, jr should have been questioned. Sykes had him first. I can't imagine her not questioning him...she had to. Ronald and misty should have been the very first ones to do it but these two never spoke of jr....well, at least not to the LVA which was the time misty clarified everything she left out. I am sure that is why she was TOLD to take it. Misty may have been told you better explain that GMA and Aunt Lisa were in the car and visited..you better explain that jr was there and really "Freaking" out...make sure you tell them none of us have threatened you, etc. etc.

Who first received the information about the man in black? Did jr tell GMA first? The very first hours after this happened, jr should have been questioned. Sykes had him first. I can't imagine her not questioning him...she had to. Ronald and misty should have been the very first ones to do it but these two never spoke of jr....well, at least not to the LVA which was the time misty clarified everything she left out. I am sure that is why she was TOLD to take it. Misty may have been told you better explain that GMA and Aunt Lisa were in the car and visited..you better explain that jr was there and really "Freaking" out...make sure you tell them none of us have threatened you, etc. etc.

What I got from The article written on First Coast News 2/24/09-updated 2/25/09 GGMS knew about the man in black first, CS didn't find out until two weeks after Haleigh went missing.

1. "He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after we noticed she was gone. I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything...said he was asleep," Haleigh's great grandmother, Annette Sykes, told First Coast News on Monday." Monday, 2/23/09

Sykes stating she was there 10 minutes after WE noticed she was gone. According to the Incident Report 1325 by Officer Nelson he responded to the 911 phone call (logged in at 3:27 A.M.) using red light and siren and got there at 3:40 A.M. That's 13 minutes. Sykes got there in 10 and she lives in Waleka. Add to that her age, she was likely asleep in bed, awakened by phone, had to get out of bed, get dressed and walk to her car.

2. Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.

So, according to Sykes she talked to Junior about what he saw and he didn't know anything...he was asleep. Yet the very next paragraph says relatives on both sides saw a man in a ski mask.

"Haleigh's Brother May Have Seen Abduction

"He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after we noticed she was gone. I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything...said he was asleep," Haleigh's great grandmother, Annette Sykes, told First Coast News on Monday.
Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.
"They questioned Junior. I asked them (police) about it. They couldn't tell me anything other than he's a little child. He was questioned and the story went from one thing to another and another," says Sykes.

6PM Report "Haleigh's Brother May Have Seen Abduction": Video 1:48
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ect=1044750154

Article:http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...2095&catid=295

HALEIGH'S BROTHER SAYS "MAN IN BLACK" TOOK HER

"Snip"
The 4-year-old boy gave the description to his mother nearly two weeks after his sister disappeared from her father's Putnam County home in Satsuma on February 9. http://www.wftv.com/news/18802080/detail.html

Link mentioning a ski mask in the Haleigh case.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...2095&catid=295
Haleigh's Brother Says "Man In Black" Took Her
PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- A possible clue has come to light in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings (photos). Her brother, who was three when Haleigh vanished two weeks ago, told investigators that a man dressed in black took his sister.

Ronald Cummings Jr. said the same thing to his mother.

Haleigh's little brother "Men in black took my sissy."

Below is part of transcription from the video:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18763765/index.html

Crystal says -"When I seen him when he came and seen me on his visitation all he said was "I want to find my sissy." and he said something about someone in black took her. He said they were all dressed in black but I didn't question him, I'm not going to question him. "

It sounds as if Junior has been questioned by a professional, from what I understood in the article.

I've been thinking about the extent that mothers will go, to spare their children. I was good friends with a girl who married, right after graduation. Her husband immediately went into the military, & while he was in boot camp, she messed around on him, & got pregnant. The boyfriend dumped her, so she went to her mother in law, for help. She paid for an abortion, with the stipulation that her son was to never find out. They then had kids, but later divorced. She married a new man who got caught molesting her kids, but she refused to divorce him, so their daddy got custody. Why the step dad wasn't in prison, is a mystery, but that was about 20 years ago, & times were different. But I was thinking about how far mothers will go to protect their sons, & how parents will put the sorriest people, ahead of their own kids. This girl was a goody goody, & her dad was a preacher, & I was actually the 'bad girl', because I smoked & was known to party some, but I would never have treated family like that. & her moping around after the boyfriend broke her heart, & then her crying because she lost her kids...well, I try to not be a judgmental person, but I haven't seen her since.

Can you provide a link to Haleigh sightings involving people resembling the maternal side of Haleigh's family?
The only sightings I can think of off the top of my head are at the WM in Mass. last summer and the one at the restaurant in Tenn. right after she disappeared. I can't recall the people's description she was sighted with. Are these sightings what is being referred to or are there more?
Thanks!

I found the report today but I don't know if I am allowed to post it. If I can't provide a link, I don't think I can give you any details. Perhaps a mod will advise me. TIA

What I got from The article written on First Coast News 2/24/09-updated 2/25/09 GGMS knew about the man in black first, CS didn't find out until two weeks after Haleigh went missing.

1. "He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after we noticed she was gone. I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything...said he was asleep," Haleigh's great grandmother, Annette Sykes, told First Coast News on Monday." Monday, 2/23/09

Sykes stating she was there 10 minutes after WE noticed she was gone. According to the Incident Report 1325 by Officer Nelson he responded to the 911 phone call (logged in at 3:27 A.M.) using red light and siren and got there at 3:40 A.M. That's 13 minutes. Sykes got there in 10 and she lives in Waleka. Add to that her age, she was likely asleep in bed, awakened by phone, had to get out of bed, get dressed and walk to her car.

2. Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.

So, according to Sykes she talked to Junior about what he saw and he didn't know anything...he was asleep. Yet the very next paragraph says relatives on both sides saw a man in a ski mask.

Thanks for all this update. Very interesting to see it again. But, I said long ago and I'll say it again: Would JR. even know what a ski mask was? He's what 3 and lives in Florida. HUH? jmo

RC called his GMA but she didn't answer, according to her, she picked up the phone when tn called and then drove over.

I would think they would have arrived together....since they live close. TN was in a real hurry to get there to speak to the LE (for her Ronald).

If I were Ron, as I said before, I would have hopped in that truck and been leaving tire tracks to find JO if everything he told was true about the threats.

RC called his GMA but she didn't answer, according to her, she picked up the phone when tn called and then drove over.

I would think they would have arrived together....since they live close. TN was in a real hurry to get there to speak to the LE (for her Ronald).

If I were Ron, as I said before, I would have hopped in that truck and been leaving tire tracks to find JO if everything he told was true about the threats.

Whisp, I have always wondered how GGMS got there as well. She claims she got there in 10min. How that is possible, I sure don't understand especially since she lives in Welaka. Something else that I have always questioned is that she said "WE". Who is the "WE" she is referring to? She states after we noticed she was gone. So did GGMS and someone else notice Haleigh was gone? Were they already near the MH? TN got there in a flash as well. Something is not adding up, how did these grandmothers get to the MH so fast? :waitasec:

She also says that Jr. was asleep. How would she know if he was awake or asleep when Haleigh was taken if she was not there? Jr. claims he saw a man in black take her. In the other article it states "They Were Dress In Black". To me that means more than one person was there dressed in black. For LE to take JR. in for questioning, well he must of seen something, I doubt they would of taken him to a specialist to be questioned over nothing.

Also, In one of LE's statements after the St.John's search they said there were "Several POI" So, could it be that there was several people there dressed in black? Could TN and GGMS be two of those several POI?
I had also read an article where it said that we would be surprised as to who ONE of the POI were. We have had Misty, Ron, Tommy, and Joe under the radar as the main POI. I would not be surprised if TN, GGMS, Timmy C, or Chelsea Croslin were in the group of LE's POI. JMO though...

"Haleigh's Brother May Have Seen Abduction

"He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after we noticed she was gone. I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything...said he was asleep," Haleigh's great grandmother, Annette Sykes, told First Coast News on Monday.
Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.
"They questioned Junior. I asked them (police) about it. They couldn't tell me anything other than he's a little child. He was questioned and the story went from one thing to another and another," says Sykes.

6PM Report "Haleigh's Brother May Have Seen Abduction"
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ect=1044750154

Article:http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...2095&catid=295

Sheriff: Haleigh Likely Dead; Persons Of Interest Identified

UPDATED: 4:05 pm EDT April 15, 2010

"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/23160821/detail.html

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Sheriff Hardy said at a news conference that investigators believe Haleigh Cummings is likely dead and persons of interest have been identified.
Hardy said he's confident calling this a homicide investigation, and some "people are starting to talk" and cooperate, though he did not say who he was referring to.

The sheriff said of Misty Cummings, the last person to see Haleigh the night she vanished, that she has been acting more calm and, "I think she's coming to realize she's in trouble."

The family said Haleigh's younger brother may have witnessed her abduction.
"Snip"
Experts who work with children during criminal investigations are working with Haleigh's brother Tuesday. http://www.wftv.com/news/18793086/detail.html

Wanted to add this old article, take a look at the time-line. GGMS said she was at the MH around 7:00PM-7:30PM right? LE is also questioning that time. Maybe LE did not buy GGMS story of coming by?

Investigation Focusing on Misty Croslin Cummings Timeline

By Jessica Clark http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

March. 13, 2009

Dick Schauland confirmed Friday morning that investigators do have concerns about the timeline Misty has provided.

Schauland told First Coast News, "What happened during that eight-hour time period from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. when she found the child missing and what occurred during that time is what [investigators] are trying to straighten out."

I have not been commenting for awhile, mainly reading, seeing alot of rumors that have already been dispelled over the past 18 or 19 months but.....About the Man in Black story, I am just trying to keep the information straight here. There is a thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80186&highlight=junior+man+black+sissy

which discusses the man in black development from start to finish and it did not originate with The " Cummings". While I believe the paternal side of Haleigh's family absolutely knew about what Junior saw, I don't believe for a second that it was introduced to the media via the Cummings family. They were actually very upset that Junior might be put in harms during such a critical time by the information about the man in black being divulged. here is a clip with a statement from Nancy Grace:

snip~GRACE: Where is 5-year-old Haleigh? Straight out to Marie Griffis, maternal grandmother of Haleigh. Everyone, we are taking your calls live. Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh`s biological mother, announcing she has willingly taken a polygraph and was told that she passed.

To Marie Griffis, the grandmother -- Ms. Griffis, thank you for being with us. To your understanding, has the little boy told other people about the description of the kidnapper?

MARIE GRIFFIS, MATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: Not that I know of. Just Connie and Crystal.

GRACE: And was his story consistent?

GRIFFIS: Yes. From what Connie told me, he talked about a man dressed in black, and then Crystal said the same thing.~ end snip

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../23/ng.01.html

Junior was interviewed by a child protection team and police were informed of what he told them. The information conveyed by Junior was not leaked to the media until Connie Sheffield learned of it during the first visitation Junior had with Crystal after Haleigh was abducted. Generally information that investigators hold so close to the vest is quite important or they are withholding it for a delicate reason, this info should have never been leaked in my opinion.

I found the report today but I don't know if I am allowed to post it. If I can't provide a link, I don't think I can give you any details. Perhaps a mod will advise me. TIA

I know it's a problem to find them because LE doesn't admit to knowing about any of them except the Mass. one. They have stated there have been 5 or 600 sightings but won't elaborate on any of them. You usually have to hear about them from sources we aren't allowed to use and then go search for the information on your own. Sorry, that's the best I can do I guess.

If we believe jr. about the man or men in black and we believe him about the squeaky shoes, then what about the "bouncing couch"? Was Misty raped? If so, then she was there and she was most certainly awake.

If we believe jr. about the man or men in black and we believe him about the squeaky shoes, then what about the "bouncing couch"? Was Misty raped? If so, then she was there and she was most certainly awake.

BBM

Going on memory here, if I am wrong please feel free to correct me and direct me to a link for verification since I don't have links at this time...TIA :blowkiss:

When the news was released that Jr. heard the bouncing couch the first thought that came to mind was that Misty was sleeping with someone other than Ronald, maybe for drugs? Maybe Haleigh saw them first? Or maybe she was rapped, but I would believe the theory of her having sex with someone other than Ronald at her own free will for drugs, money, or even pleasure. But who knows, anything is possible in this case.
Out of all the players in this case the only one I would believe is what ever Jr. may of seen or heard and IMO LE has that information from early on and as Jr. gets older he will remember more. If I am not mistaken he is in counseling and maybe they are working with him trying to remember more of what he thought he heard/saw the night Haleigh went missing. It was said that GGMS took him to a special counselor/ that same day Feb 10th for 2-3 interviews and that was the first time he told his story about the man in black, then Connie, Crystal, and Marie. The Cummings side & Ronald said that CS was lying, that she put that story into Jr.'s head and I also found that to be disturbing, you would think that Ronald would want to know more or investigate this so called man/people in black but instead he had his attorney put out a statement claiming that CS was lying.

Haleigh's Brother Says "Man In Black" Took Her

"Snip" This link works! http://www.wftv.com/news/18782020/detail.html
Updated: 7:25 am EST February 25, 2009
Video Report: http://www.wftv.com/video/18782760/index.html
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Possible new clue in the search for Haleigh Cummings Tuesday morning. The family said Haleigh's younger brother may have witnessed her abduction. Experts who work with children during criminal investigations are working with Haleigh's brother Tuesday.

"When I saw him on my visitation all he said was, 'I wanna find my sissy' and he said, 'Some man in black came in and took her.' and that he was all dressed in black, but I didn't question him. I'm not going to question him," said Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield (watch full interview).

Jr. gave the description to his mother nearly two weeks after .

I had posted these articles in my other group on Feb. 24, 2009 & March 28, 2009 but the links no longer work sorry.

Attorneys contest 'man in black' story in Haleigh Cummings case
11:24 AM EDT, March 28, 2009
"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=134771&catid=3

SATSUMA, FL -- Kimball & Snider, P.A., fought back against Sheffield's allegations of child abuse and refuting statements attributed to Jr.

The lawyers say "shabby journalism" is what led to reports of 'Jr' saying a black man came into the house the night Haleigh disappeared.

They say the statements were made by Jr. while he was in his mother's arms, and that she coaxed his answers by putting them in her questions, and that the boy's response was "mystification and/or passive agreement" to what he was being asked.

Specifically, the lawyers say terms used by the 4-year-old such as "squeaking shoes" and "dressed in black" are not normal language for a child of that age.

Cummings Family: Rumors Person Was Inside Home Are False

"Snip" http://www.fox30online.com/content/...s-Inside-Home-Are/retraOmmEkGCL_R0FwZ4DA.cspx

Reported by: Matt Saffer http://www.fox30jax.com/search/sitesearch.aspx?q=haleigh+cummings

SATSUMA, Fla. --- Sykes says reports that Jr. saw a man dressed in black inside the house the night his sister disappeared are false. Sykes says Crystal Sheffield, went on the NG and said Jr. told her a man in black took his sister.

“I thought it was ridiculous…should never had been anything said,” said Sykes.

Sykes says she was at the Cummings household within 15 minutes of the abduction. Sykes also took Ronald Jr. to the PCSO where Jr. was interviewed by detectives.

“I carried him for the child psychologist to interview him…he spent quite a lot of time with 2 or 3 different ones. They said his story changed. Each time you ask him something, you know, you ask it a different way and he’d change his story,” said Sykes.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office confirms Ronald Jr. was questioned, but would not elaborate on his answers or the questions asked. They did say they have followed up on every lead that originated from that interview.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...s-Inside-Home-Are/retraOmmEkGCL_R0FwZ4DA.cspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti