George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh the media is flaming the "riot" mentality, what a shcok

This is completely just my opinion and I base it on nothing other than the trends I'm seeing on twitter and facebook....riots are coming one way or another, of course if he's found not guilty but also if he's found guilty...they will just be delayed until his sentencing. I say this because it's almost as if people are excited about rioting and looting, looking forward to it even. People are getting more and more fired up every day. It's actually scary.

MOO IMO IMHO and all that jazz.

And some of the testimony was changed in that no actual punches were observed and that it was possible that TM may have been trying to restrain GZ.

IMO

Not according to his injuries.

I hate being on the opposite side of a lot the people I like here....but I have to be true to my own conclusions.

Making it a "personal" issue is not helpful, and is wrong on so many levels, so I am going to try and keep personalities out of it. But, debate the points and evidence.

This is the first time I have not been on the side of the prosecution....feels odd to say the least...LOL.

I started at manslaughter....but have moved off that after analyzing and hearing evidence and witnesses.

Don't worry ShadyLady! I like you very much however different our views.

I admire your conviction to you views and respect your feelings.

With all due respect, you are putting words in my mouth.

I never said "drug abuse", and I never said that shooting someone is a side effect. As far as "negative" goes, two charges of violence in GZ's past are pretty negative, IMO.

For the record, I have had a *lot* of personal experience with prescription psychiatric medications, and some experiences are negative, some are positive. It depends on the patient.

Again, IMO.

You said being prescribed adderall was a negative thing unless I misread your post.

As you have brought Mr. Geragos into the discussion, I'd just like to say, I find no credibility or merit in his incessant praise of the Defence in every case. He , as Defense attorney of Scott Peterson, assured the world that SP would be found " cold stone innocent" of killing his wife, Laci. We know how that turned out.

There is a difference, Scott Peterson wanted his wife dead and George did not want to kill anyone that night. So it's like comparing apples to oranges IMO.

WOAH!!! Regarding the judge. I'm confused about what just happened! Anyone care to enlighten us as to what that was about?!! JMO

wow...this judge

OMG this judge is out of control in my opinion. Her disdain for George Zimmerman and the defense makes me cringe. She doesn't even try to hide it.

Well boy howdy! THAT was interesting. IMO GZ may have some doubts about NOT testifying.

I'm not a lawyer but I will ask, don't they teach you in law school not to p_ss off the judge?!?
They teach you to advocate for your client, whether it's the prosecution or defense. The judge is out of line. The defendant doesn't have to declare if they wish to take the stand until his case in chief is completed. IMO

OMG!! I cannot believe the attitude and unprofessionalism of this judge!!

IMO IMO IMO

OMG!!!!! Is Judge Nelson trying to force GZ to decide now whether or not he plans to testify????? Unreal, IMO!!!!

ETA: Apologies for the hyperbole. Typically, when I trial watch, I try to remain calm, but Judge Nelson's demeanor has sent me over the edge here.

I didn't know the judge had to ask that at a certain time? I just thought it was before the defense rested its case? I wish we had lawyers here to educate me. MOO

Editing to add: Bill Schaffer said it was premature for the judge to ask, usually after the defense's last witness, the defense doesn't want to tip off the prosecution in advance. Now, I've learned something.

Thank you for this post Zuri, I enjoyed reading it. You see GZ as using poor judgement. I wonder what stops you from seeing him as a man who shot TM in self-defense? I totally agree that RZ's life is forever changed. MOO

My expectations are projected onto GZ. Which of course is not fair in a court of law. GZ had every right to defend himself against a perceived threat. I just hate that a firearm was used instead of words. That's all. I realize that it was a little too late for words once the fight began. TM certainly would not have listened to calm rational speech in that moment. It is more like a case of should, coulda, woulda. Self defense is certainly justified. I just wish it could have been with fists. JMV, IMO

This judge is out of line. He has the right to discuss it with the attorneys and also to not have to know when and if he is testifying as of yet.

The Lawyer is there to protect his client.

UGH.

Oh wow, I'm way behind and not watching live...this doesn't sound good for either side. Is this judge playing to the cameras? Perhaps afraid for herself should the verdict be an unpopular one?

MOO IMO IMHO and all that jazz.

I'm not a lawyer but I will ask, don't they teach you in law school not to p_ss off the judge?!?

I don't think it's a matter of 'not p*ssing off the judge'. It's a matter of proper protocol. This judge is so far out of line it isn't even funny. I have NEVER seen a judge behave in such a fashion in over 25 years of observing trials. If there is an appeal, this judge should go down IMO.

BBM With all due respect, isn't that what you're doing in your 'translation' of RJ's testimony?

I am not inserting words I am interpreting the first 'he' to mean Trayvon.
The second 'he' to mean the man following based on her other uses of 'he' in her testimony.

You cannot insert the words resident 'come across' for
he words resident 'confronted' in the autopsy report.

Because GZ was following him while on the phone with police to help them with location. When TM was right in front of him while on the phone he could have walked up to him and confronted him. IN THE LIGHT and front of the buildings.

He is walking across the T As noted when he gets out of the car after parking and is walking across when the Operator says he does not need to look for him. He says he is walking back across the T and that is when T questions him and hits him. That fits with the events and area of the fight.

I don't know about the Get off get off. I just don't believe for a minute that GZ got the upper hand on TM. He has no rips in the hoodie, No injuries that would have been there from being attacked before the minutes leading up to the final event.
IMO, it shouldn't matter that GZ was following him while he was on the phone. He was still following him. If TM confronted GZ by asking why he was following him that is not a crime, even in the dark at the T (if he did).

oh the media is flaming the "riot" mentality, what a shcok

Sheer irresponsibility to "fan" the flames of emotion in this case. But, I am sure the people doing it are not giving ONE THOUGHT to the people that can get hurt by it. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu