George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO, What I get is that he did not test the entire hoodie or jacket for dna.. only where he thought it may be or if there was staining??

BS said that the last witness called would be TM's Mother

They don't have time for more then one witness today even staying late. ( Already 5:20 in Florida. ) So if all they call is TM mom they won't be calling corner.

He took a chance that no one could refute his story. Criminals do it all the time. IMO. Doesn't mean GZ has not spun this story to his benefit. We already know he doesn't always tell the truth. Changing a few details would spin this tail into a supposed self defense case. It happens all the time. MOO.

And only one individual involved in this tragedy can benefit from George Zimmerman's version, IMO.

IMO - Well that was a let down; was expecting more testimony. I guess Defense threw a fit and got their way

To make their version of events look feasible..it happens...I was merely relating the verified testimony of the ME yesterday. It's online at several sites. But it's important in such a serious case to consider every angle that is scientifically possible and the Medical Examiner said that action was possible and showed how it would happen by striking her own nose. Evidently it is a point she thinks needs to be considered. and of course Chris Serino said Zimmerman was 'exaggerating " his injury..and I'd like to add that all those who think there may have been unseen internal injuries, there were none...IMO

BBM

Here's the thing though... all of the speculations about self-inflicted injuries, slipping and falling causing the injuries, etc. are great discussions for this forum... and believe me, I have plenty of my own. So if we're discussing them from the angle that we're just pontificating about the possibilities, then that makes sense.

If we are discussing them in relation to how they stand up in court, that is different. Yes it is important for investigators to consider every angle of a case, but it's the Prosecutor's responsibility to bring the proof to court for the jury to consider. The ME stating that it's "possible" that he may have punched himself in the nose is not proof that he did and the jury needs to understand that. Typically it's the defense throwing out theories that the jury can chew on for reasonable doubt, not the prosecution. It's very troubling to me that the prosecution feels the need to speculate at this point.

IMO

I'm studying for the Bar exam and have been streaming this case because it's so full of evidentiary issues. Love the defenses' objections - they are on their game and even though I've never been a fan of many defense attorneys, these two are really good, especially Mark O'M. IMO, the judge is biased in favor of the state. The prosecutors are good as well - seems like a very even playing field and all are relatively civil and respectful.

Regardless of what GZ studied or wanted to be, or whether he got out of his vehicle or even if he followed TM for a bit, whether he had a bullet chambered and a full magazine - it probably won't be relevant for the jury to take into consideration when they received the jury instructions on the actual elements necessary to find GZ guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Of course each side presents their theory of the case, but it comes down to Florida law. Jury instructions are very precise.

I've enjoyed reading the conversations here. Happy 4th!

recess ti 8thirty friday. i think the state wants the family on the stand then. okay, great day with everyone. see you all friday. IMO ( i am starting to think my name is IMO) lol

Just getting back, did anyone testify to the hollow point bullet...actually say that it was a hollow point. Did the ME testify to the autopsy?

But they would have gotten wet from the grass. I think the rain washed most of the DNA away (unfortunately).

If that was the case why did it not wash away the front facing trails of blood on GZ's head? This has always bothered me IMO

Good for the defense. Don't let the state manipulate any more than possible with Ms. Fulton's testimony. Hearing the screams over the holiday won't happen. Looks like the jury will be remembering the pointless DNA testimony. Hopefully reason wins over emotion. imo

I always miss the thread closing and just want to get in a Happy 4th before it's locked. Have a lovely holiday, all!

SO, What I get is that he did not test the entire hoodie or jacket for dna.. only where he thought it may be or if there was staining??

And that he didn't test an entire stain that was big enough to allow part of the sample to be tested. Meaning that if had tested the entire sample he might have been able to get more than "minor" contributor evidence.jmo

eta: or maybe some dna from the larger sample if there was none on the smaller sample

What does it tell you? Honestly, Because all it tells me is he mad a dumb comment. There are plenty of people I think are not nice, But I don't want them in prison for murder unless they committed murder.

I want the facts to be shown and this man be proven guilty on facts not emotion or what people wish would happen.

I don't particularly like him, But I don't know him. I just don't understand how people are so ready to convict on feelings... JMO.. ONLY MO...

I do not want anyone in prison for making a dumb comment, nor did I say I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann