Germany GER - Ahlden, WhtFem 20-40, found on banks of Aller river, dental work with gold crown, keys on safety pin, Feb'06

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
Ahlden Jane Doe 2006
a.k.a River Aller Jane Doe
** POST MORTEM **
3281.jpg3292.jpg
Reconstruction (left) ; serviette (right)​
Circumstances
On February 11, 2006, in Ahlden, Germany, the skeletal remains of an unknown female were found on the bank of the Aller River by anglers. This part of the river was near the town of Eilte (Soltau-Fallingbostel district). Several items of interest were found on or near the remains, yet none have led to the Jane Doe's identification. (Taken from the Lower Saxony State Criminal Police Office).
Overview:
  • Date Body Found: February 11, 2006.
  • NamUs Created: N/A
  • Tribal Land: NO
  • PMI: November 2005 (est).
  • State of Remains: SKELETAL
  • Cause of Death: UNKNOWN (poss. drowning)
Physical:
    • Sex: Female
    • Race/Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
    • Height: 5’4 / 1.62 m (est.)
    • Weight: 60 kg / 130 lbs. (est).
    • Hair: UNKNOWN
    • Eye: UNKNOWN
    • Characteristics: The Doe had extensive dental work done suggesting financial stability (at least middle class).
      • teeth 26, 27, 37, 36, 34, 46 and 47 have plastic fillings
      • tooth 17 an occlusal cement filling
      • tooth 16 is provided with a gold crown
Personal Affects:
    • Clothing: The Doe was found with a several articles of clothing, dressed for cold weather.
      • "Barbour" jacket, model "Bedale" with dark blue checked lining and buttoned brown fur
      • Jeans "Levis", type 501, dark blue, button closure
      • Turtleneck sweater, black, brand "Jones Armstrong"
      • T-Shirt "Esprit", Gr. L.
      • Black leather laced boots also "Jones Armstrong"
    • Items: The Doe was found with several unique items.
      • Ticket for a short trip in Hannover, Germany (not validated); purchased on November 19, 2005 from the subway station “Aegidientorplatz.”
      • Spectacle case from the "Merscher" eyeglass studio (branch office Hannover, Germany) including glasses and cleaning cloth
      • Paper with writing "Mmmh Merry Christmas" and "DINER" from a diner; also described as a serviette (napkin)
      • Wallet containing 3 euros
      • Apartment key whose locking system could not be identified; the keys were attached to the woman's pants with a safety pin
    • Jewelry: NONE
A webpage for the Ahlden Jane Doe is maintained by the the Landeskriminalamt Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony State Criminal Police Office). The page is heavily detailed, containing several facial reconstructions as well as a full-body reconstruction with clothing. Images of the clothing and items found with the Doe are also available. Additionally, photos of her skull are on the webpage. This webpage is linked above under the title; proceed with caution.

Per Anke Cleve from the Missing Persons Office at the State Criminal Police Office of Lower Saxony (LKA), “Her dental status with a cleanly worked gold crown indicates that she was a private patient." Her clothing, some of which was likely purchased in the United Kingdom, has been described as "expensive." Investigators have theorized that the Jane Doe's cause of death is drowning, and that she either fell into the river accidentally or jumped intentionally. I think it is reasonable to assume they have access to her DNA. I am not sure how they got the estimate for her hairstyle.

The 2006 Ahlden Jane Doe is not well-known internationally. I learned of her existence today via a post to the subreddit r/gratefuldoe and could not find a thread for her here. All of my information has been compiled from the links below.

Links
2010 HAZ Article (archive)
LKD Profile (NSFW)
Unidentified Wiki

Valentina Fedorovna Karpov​

1712714908820.png

Name: Valentina Fedorovna Karpov
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 22, 1997
Location Last Seen: Minsk, Belarus

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: January 1, 1967
Race: White
Height: Medium height
Weight: thin build.
Hair Color: Light-brown
Eye Color: Light
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Dimple in chin. Pierced ears.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Valentina Karpov was last seen in Minsk on June 22, 1997. She left in an unknown direction.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Minsk Police
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 2546063; 2591412
Agency E-Mail: wanted@uvd-mo.gov.by
Agency Case Number: N/A

Information Source(s)​

Minsk Police (Ministry of Interior)

Admin Notes​

Added: 6-16-2007; Last Updated: 08-23-2021 - By: Htmlcnvtr

1. I wonder if she was not a German national/native and had only been staying in the country temporarily. The British/English clothing can be explained away easily but I think the napkin with "Merry Christmas" written in English is odd.

2. I also tend to think this was an accidental drowning more than a suicide. I know that suicide can often be an impulsive act but she was dressed as if she simply wanted to go for an outdoor stroll or hike by the river. But theoretically she could've been pushed in the river by someone else (homicide). There's not much to go on.

3. They weren't able to ascertain where the keys came from or what they unlocked. They keep referring to them as apartment keys. I wonder how they know they were house/apt keys?

Aleksandra Poznańska
1713505270950.png1713505281500.png

Nationality: Polish
Missing from: Papowo Toruńskie, route A-1
Missing since: 12th March 2004 (51 years old when she went missing)
Height: 163 cm
Eyes: Green
Circumstances:
Aleksandra was a very succesful investigative journalist and was responsible for putting a lot of criminals in prison. She was doing very well financially. Shortly before her disappearance, she told her son that she wants to divorce his stepfather. Since her husband was not as well-off as Aleksandra, his financial situation would have worsen after divorce (personal property is not subject to division after divorce in Poland). Since a lot of people had motives to kill her, it is possible that the woman has been murdered. Family and friends exclude suicide as Aleksandra was an assertive and confident woman and was also looking forward to writing a book and looking after her beloved grandson after she retires. However, after she has not showed up for Sunday dinner at her son's home, her car has been found in the parking lot in Torun. The person taking care of the parking lot claims that the car was not there until at least Tuesday. Police stated: "The dog we brought to the site picked up the trail and led us to the nearest bus stop. According to osmology experts, he was definitely following the missing woman's trail. Well, this is certainly one of the strangest disappearances in recent years."

Here's an article about Aleksandra's disappearance, it may sound odd because I am using translator.
AUTHOR: Marcin Ogdowski, 25th April, 2004, Tygodnik Przegląd

This is one of the strangest disappearances in recent years - police say about the case of a journalist from Toruń

Aleksandra Poznańska, using her maiden name Walczak, disappeared into the ground. An experienced reporter of "News. "Gazety Pomorza i Kujawy" from Toruń was last seen in the early afternoon of Friday, March 12. She was returning from a dozen or so days of vacation in Szczyrk.
– Mom set off on her way back in her own car a little earlier than I did – recalls Ola's son, Daniel Więcławski. – I caught up with her somewhere near Siewierz and, according to our previous agreement, I called her cell phone, asking if we were stopping for a meal. Mom said she wasn't hungry, so I overtook her car, flashed my lights and pulled forward. And that's how long I saw her...
Więcławski reached the house in Papowo near Toruń late in the evening. Approximately 23, his mother called, saying that she was just passing by his house, but she would not stop, but would go straight to her house in Grudziądz, 50 km away. He'll be caught tomorrow, or Sunday at the latest. She didn't catch it - this call was the last one made from Ola Walczak's camera.

There was no contact

– I only really got concerned on Sunday – says Więcławski. – Mom didn't have a habit of breaking promises. So why didn't she come? Especially since my son's first tooth finally broke through on the night from Saturday to Sunday. It was too late to call my grandmother, so I just sent her a text message. And in the morning I saw that it hadn't even arrived in her mailbox. On Monday I went to Grudziądz, where I met my stepfather, who said that he had not seen his wife for two weeks - since she left for Szczyrk.
At the same time, the reporter's editorial colleagues from the Grudziądz branch of the newspaper, to which Ola had moved a few years ago, were also concerned. Previously rebellious, with difficulty coping with the hierarchical structure of the editorial office - which she could get away with due to her good writing - she has become extremely disciplined for several months. There was never a day when she was late for work or took unagreed time off. Meanwhile, it turned out that Ola had not reported the extension of the leave either to her manager or to the headquarters in Toruń. And there was no contact with her.
– When I found out about this, I reported my mother's disappearance to the police – reports Daniel Więcławski.
The case of the journalist's disappearance was treated very seriously. Police nomenclature refers to searches of the first category - when it concerns children and people suspected of being abducted.

The first one is about Dad

Ola has been dealing with criminal cases for years and there is a suspicion that her disappearance is related to this. She started working in the editorial office in the 1970s - then as a proofreader. She became a journalist in the early 1980s - with the assumption that she was to be a "gun", i.e. a journalist for special tasks. She was the one who reported on the trial of the murderers of Fr. in Toruń. Jerzy Popiełuszko. Ola's name appeared under the article in which for the first time it was written about the dark dealings of Edward S., a resident of Toruń, "Tata", better known as the "king of the Polish coal mafia". It was Ola who finally contributed to the arrest and conviction of the so-called thugs with a series of uncompromising articles. Maks' gang, terrorizing traders and restaurateurs from Grudziądz and the surrounding area. She was also the author of many other publications exposing the criminal nature of the activities of regional businessmen and politicians.
– Some of the people Aleksandra Walczak once wrote about are now free – says sub-inspector. Mieczysław Borowicz, deputy head of the Municipal Police Headquarters in Toruń. – Therefore, it cannot be ruled out that the journalist was a victim of revenge from one of them. But so far we have not obtained information that would convincingly confirm the validity of such a hypothesis. But we didn't reject it.
According to the police, the hypothesis that editor Walczak chose a new life is still probable. Her passport has not been found to this day. And although the border guard and airport services did not record such a person leaving the country, Ola could have left Poland completely unnoticed.

To the future with optimism

– He's not that kind of person – says Mariusz Załuski, deputy editor-in-chief of "Nowości". – Ola was a very rational woman and seemed satisfied with her life so far. And even if she wanted to break away, she would have to make a living. We are in close contact with her son, who monitors his mother's bank accounts on an ongoing basis and has not observed any attempts to withdraw money.
– Mom wouldn't be able to throw everything to hell – adds Daniel Więcławski. – The birth of her grandson changed her a lot. Always skeptical, she suddenly became more cheerful and looked into the future with greater optimism. She was supposed to retire in two years. So she planned, calmly, to work as a freelancer and write a book. And take care of my beloved grandson. Would she be saying all this while thinking about leaving or committing suicide, as one police hypothesis assumes? This is !
Whatever happened, Ola disappeared without a trace. To verify the suicide hypothesis, the police checked the registers of found bodies throughout Poland - to no avail. The assumption that editor Walczak was the victim of an accident - she fainted, lost consciousness or memory - as a result of her own indisposition or a robbery attack, was also proven untrue. No medical facility in the country has accepted a patient with such a name or description. However, two days after reporting the disappearance, Ola's car - a black Skoda Fabia - was found in the parking lot at the Toruń Main Railway Station. It contains the missing person's documents, phone and credit cards - all intact. However, instead of providing any new clues, the car provided the police with further question marks.

Track taken by a dog

– The person taking care of the parking lot claims that the car was not there until at least Tuesday – says sub-inspector. Mieczysław Borowicz. – So what has happened to the car since Friday? Moreover, no evidence was found in the car that third parties had entered it. There were no signs of a struggle - damaged upholstery, blood, etc. The dog we brought to the scene picked up the trail and led us to the nearest public transport stop. According to osmology experts, he was definitely following the missing woman's trail. Well, this is certainly one of the strangest disappearances in recent years.
Unfortunately, the prolonged search and lack of response from Ola, instead of cementing her family, divided it...
- Mom was a wealthy person - says the son. – House, cars, several hundred thousand savings. Just before leaving for Szczyrk, she filed for divorce - she was fed up with living with her stepfather. He was the one who organized her disappearance. While still a husband, he can dispose of the property. At the same time, he knows that everything was left to me in the will. But if there is no body, the court will not issue a decision declaring the death for 10 years. So he arranged it all in such a way that Mom wouldn't be found at all. And he knew how to do it - he is a professional, a retired major of the Security Service.
– I shouldn't comment on this nonsense – says Ryszard Poznański, Ola's husband. – But it hurts to hear such insinuations. I'm doing my best to find a wife on my own. But I don't have the authority to take official action. However, I hope that my police colleagues will find Ola safe and sound.
What do the police say? As I was told, "a financial motive behind the journalist's disappearance cannot be ruled out. Also related to the people closest to her.” Both Więcławski and Poznański have already been checked. And although nothing was found to incriminate them, they will continue to be under police scrutiny.
– I am a person with my feet firmly on the ground – says Ola's son. – And this is an expression of my desperation, not faith in miracles. The point is that I turned to clairvoyants for help. Two strangers who told me basically the same thing - that they saw my mother's strangled body being carried out of the car. Who, where, when? – unknown. The visions are incomplete and break off. When they told me this, everything in me screamed, denied and mocked, demanding rational evidence. But today, after a dozen or so days, I am almost certain that a terrible harm has been done to my mother. That I will never find her alive again - adds Daniel Więcławski in a broken voice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge
Back