GUILTY Germany - Bernd Brandes, 43, dismembered, eaten, Rotenburg, March 2001

Yeah, but if you purposely kill a person, you purposely kill a person. Is not like it was an accident. Even if participant B wanted participant A to kill and eat him, participant A knowingly, and with malice aforethought, killed participant B. Unless you could argue that participant A thought he was doing participant B a favor....and didn't MEAN to cause pain, injury, or distress to him.

Just boggles the mind, it does.

I am an American, currently in Germany.

It is perfectly legal, at this time, to eat another human being in Germany. There is no law in effect to punish what he did. It was a hard case to begin with, because of the absence of such a law. To my great relief, they are now in the process of trying to rectify that for the entire country, so nothing like this can happen without proper punishment, ever again. He was "psycho analzed" and they found him to be sane. The general concensus in Germany is that he was mentally ill to commit such an act, and therefore should be institutionalized. Sad, but also true. I think if you read the articles in the German newspapers, you would be more shocked. Also, his photographs from the courtroom were very eerie.

He was compared to many people who did the same thing in America, before and during his trial. We are all thinking he will be out in about 4 years, and right back at it, with his sick perversions. I would not be surprised to learn he sued the police for taking his "meat" from his freezer, and thereby his source of food.

Please be thankful for what you have. I can fly home at any time. Thank your lucky stars you were not born into a country that does not punish its criminals. If you knew the half of it, you would be ill.

Y'all know how to reach me, I presume.
Hugs to all, Lanie
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

God bless America!!

WasBlind said:
I am an American, currently in Germany.

It is perfectly legal, at this time, to eat another human being in Germany. There is no law in effect to punish what he did.

Gosh... now I am nervous of weiner schnitzel :eek:

Where abouts in Germany are you? I have been there a few times, Munich, Koln, Manheim (horrible place), Heidelberg... nice Rhine cruise etc... and the black forest.

ROFL@weinerschnitzel!

I am still shaking my head over the stealing the meat thing.I feel sorry for the people having to watch the evidence tape. Once that crap gets in your head it changes you forever.

Lemme guess, they have a forensic psychiatrist claiming this is a paraphilia and the actual death was an unfortunate outcome, but death was not the primary drive . Pretty much what was said in the Dahmer case.

sansoucie said:
ROFL@weinerschnitzel!

I am still shaking my head over the stealing the meat thing.I feel sorry for the people having to watch the evidence tape. Once that crap gets in your head it changes you forever.

Lemme guess, they have a forensic psychiatrist claiming this is a paraphilia and the actual death was an unfortunate outcome, but death was not the primary drive . Pretty much what was said in the Dahmer case.
But the Dahmer case had a satisfactory ending for all. Dahmer wanted to die, the inmates didn't want him around, and the public didn't want him free. (My apologies to anyone who may be offended at my bluntness.) This case does not seem to have ended satisfactorily to anyone except the perp.

One the one hand it's incredible they had no law against eating people, yet on the other, why would you think you'd HAVE to?

I was just saying what a hired defense gun would argue, as in the Dahmer case. There's always an explaination... not just the hard fact that a man is dead and was partially eaten, with the defense. Buncha weird folks these days.

I also believe that the end ended well in the dahmer case. :)

Updated: 2:15 p.m. ET May 9, 2006
FRANKFURT, Germany - A man who admitted killing and eating an acquaintance he met on the Internet was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison Tuesday following his retrial in a case that engrossed and appalled Germany.

Meiwes said Brandes _ who had traveled from Berlin after answering his Internet posting under the pseudonym "Franky" seeking a young man for "slaughter and consumption" _ wanted to be stabbed to death after drinking a bottle of cold medicine to lose consciousness.

On Tuesday, the judge said Brandes could still have been saved at the time of the stabbing.

The defendant testified that Brandes, 43, had wanted to "be eaten alive."

"Otherwise, I would never have done it," Meiwes, who captured the killing on video, told the court during the trial.

Meiwes also maintained that Brandes had urged him to carry out more killings after his death.

In convicting Meiwes of murder, the court found Tuesday that he killed partly to satisfy his sexual urges. A court-appointed psychiatric expert, Georg Stolpmann, testified that he saw "significant danger of a repeat" offense by Meiwes.

The defendant claimed he had hesitated before going through with the act.

"I wanted to eat him _ I didn't want to kill him," he told the court.

Before Brandes was killed, the two attempted to eat parts of the man's body together, Meiwes said.

Meiwes froze parts of the body and ate more after the killing.
story at this link
---------------------------------------------------------------------------This was the first ruling...8 1/2 years.

Updated: 4:35 a.m. ET Jan. 30, 2004
KASSEL, Germany - A German who confessed to killing, dismembering and eating another man was convicted Friday of manslaughter and sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison.

A state court ruled that Armin Meiwes, a 42-year-old computer expert who met his victim on the Internet, had no "base motives" in the crime -- sparing him a murder conviction.

The first trial

:eek: What the heck is wrong with people??? Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did not see it as murder!!!

CBS News' Peter Bild reports Meiwes told the court he had fantasized about killing and eating people for more than 30 years. Describing a lonely childhood as an only child, Meiwes said he felt this was a way of getting close to somebody.

German Cannibal: It Wasn't Murder

Meiwes must remain in prison even though he has served 15 years for murder, a court has ruled.

The Higher Regional Court in Frankfurt on Friday endorsed a lower court's decision to reject an appeal by Armin Meiwes to have his life sentence converted into a suspended sentence.

The Frankfurt court said its ruling may not be appealed.

Germany rejects cannibal's sentence appeal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back