Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

This is not about the Madeleine McCann case, but about the credibility of HeB and MS
Which could be extremely important for the future if CB is charged in the Madeleine McCann case
Indeed. This is one of the most all encompassing cases imaginable. There is
  • the challenge to the trial which saw CB convicted of aggravated rape aided and abetted by forensic evidence and committed in 2005
  • then we have the five trials currently being heard in which CB stands accused of serious sexual criminality committed over a series of years until interrupted in 2019
  • but of paramount importance to CB's defence team is a case for which no charges are in existence
Snip
They (CB's defense attorneys) also expressed doubts about the final verdict of the now retired judge.

Christian B. case: reprimand for Portuguese authorities

11 Day in the trial before the district court: Negotiation takes place in Braunschweig, determination is made across Europe.

Last edited:

Google translate.

TRIAL AGAINST MADDIE SUSPECT - WITNESS DESCRIBES NIGHT OF ARREST!
Braunschweig - Another witness from Portugal was heard in the trial against Christian B. (47), who is also a suspect in the Maddie case.

In the current trial, Christian B. (47) is accused of a total of three rapes and two cases of sexual abuse of children in Portugal.
In the current trial, Christian B. (47) is accused of a total of three rapes and two cases of sexual abuse of children in Portugal. © Julian Stratenschulte/dpa Pool/dpa
The man held the defendant in a playground in 2017 until he was arrested by the police.

During a party, two girls between the ages of ten and eleven came to him and reported about a man showing his genitals, said the 52-year-old, who was questioned by the Braunschweig regional court on Friday via video link from Portugal.

Together with another man, he held the suspect until police arrived, the witness said. According to his description, the man first tried to leave and then claimed that he had only urinated.

The sex offender Christian B., who has been convicted several times, is accused of a total of three rapes and two cases of sexual abuse of children in Portugal in the current trial.

The trial is arousing great international interest because the 47-year-old German is also suspected of murder in the case of three-year-old Madeleine McCann, known as Maddie, who disappeared from a Portuguese holiday resort in 2007.

However, Maddie's case is not the subject of the current hearing. Overall, the presumption of innocence applies. A Scotland Yard investigator is expected to testify next week on May 2nd.

Christian B. case: reprimand for Portuguese authorities

11 Day in the trial before the district court: Negotiation takes place in Braunschweig, determination is made across Europe.

Thank you for the link which informs that CB has declined having his face pixilated in photographs released to the press but I cannot see for what it is the Portuguese have been reprimanded. Can you help?

Thank you for the link which informs that CB has declined having his face pixilated in photographs released to the press but I cannot see for what it is the Portuguese have been reprimanded. Can you help?
It sounds like the questions the Portugese cops asked the children were too invasive /not appropriate

It sounds like the questions the Portugese cops asked the children were too invasive /not appropriate
The rebuke emanated from the Portuguese police officer supporting the witness who was being questioned intensively by the defence attorney.
Snip
A Portuguese police officer sitting next to her reminded the Braunschweig regional court that the young woman could be ‘traumatised’ by in-depth cross examination.

Maybe we will find out what it is all about if the story is picked up by another German tabloid which isn't behind a paywall.
My opinion of the quality of the questions put to this young girl regarding peeing and masturbating were couched in invasive and inappropriate terms, certainly enough to reduce her to floods of tears. That should never have been allowed to happen proved by the fact the Portuguese police officer felt the necessity to intervene.

The rebuke emanated from the Portuguese police officer supporting the witness who was being questioned intensively by the defence attorney.
Snip
A Portuguese police officer sitting next to her reminded the Braunschweig regional court that the young woman could be ‘traumatised’ by in-depth cross examination.

Maybe we will find out what it is all about if the story is picked up by another German tabloid which isn't behind a paywall.
My opinion of the quality of the questions put to this young girl regarding peeing and masturbating were couched in invasive and inappropriate terms, certainly enough to reduce her to floods of tears. That should never have been allowed to happen proved by the fact the Portuguese police officer felt the necessity to intervene.
From the way I have read it it was the Portugese officers at fault. There were issues how it was dealt with in Portugal I think as FF said they didnt really make any effort there and the prosecutor agreed with him and the statements were hardly useable any more because of the standards of the German courts. The Portugese officer saying about the child could be traumatised I dont think was related to the actual issue being discussed here. Am I allowed to copy it here or not?

There is new imagery from 2023 of the PDL farmhouse on Google Earth. There has been some digging/excavation going on during the past year. but IMO not related to an eventual search. I still don't understand why this property and the villa in Foral haven't been turned upside down, unless they have and we just don't know about it?

FarmhousePDL.jpg

From the way I have read it it was the Portugese officers at fault. There were issues how it was dealt with in Portugal I think as FF said they didnt really make any effort there and the prosecutor agreed with him and the statements were hardly useable any more because of the standards of the German courts. The Portugese officer saying about the child could be traumatised I dont think was related to the actual issue being discussed here. Am I allowed to copy it here or not?
If its behind a paywall then we aren't allowed to post it ,only a summary.

So just for a bit of confusion because confusion is good, JC with RP claimed a van like the one pictured changes to CBs van.All in a matter of months.

And our exclusive picture shows a white Mercedes Sprinter van — like the one cops said he had in the Algarve — parked at a creepy woodland site he later bought.

Brueckner’s white van at the box factory he owned in Germany (COPYRIGHT OLIVE PRESS SPAIN)
To add a bit more confusion the white van pictured here is nothing like the van JC pictured.

i guess what i mean is JC has been bringing up that van for years now so is it likely they are suddenly testing for the german maddie right now? and if they were why would they tell him?

It's probably the wrong thread but.

Prosecutor: Mobile phone was "not logged into the crime scene area"​

Kramer: „ We have no concrete evidence that Christian B. was in the immediate vicinity of the crime scene on the day of the crime. “ A radio cell query clearly showed that the man on the 2nd. May 2015 „ was not logged into the crime scene area “.

The prosecutor further stated that „ had already been comprehensively and intensively “ for Christian B. But something resilient did not jump out. „ Alone assumptions do not justify registering him as an accused. “

Children's *advertiser censored* found by Christian B.: "No relation to Inga"​

After Inga's disappearance, the Stendal investigators had checked all sex offenders who were considered for the crime, for example through a spatial reference. On 23. July 2015 a so-called trace file was created for Christian B. It was based on information from the Braunschweig police that the man was being investigated for sexual offenses. He fell into the grid of possible perpetrators.

The now 43-year-old lived in Braunschweig at the time and owned a dilapidated building in the Börde district (Saxony-Anhalt). During a search in another trial in 2016, investigators found six USB sticks and two SD cards there. „ During the evaluation, a large number of child *advertiser censored* files were ensured, which, however, had no relation to Inga “, says prosecutor Kramer.

Accident on the A2 near Helmstedt apparently not relevant​

It is also known that Christian B. had a small car accident on the A2 near Helmstedt one day before Inga's disappearance. Prosecutor Kramer said to FOCUS Online: „ The accident in a parking lot happened on the route between Braunschweig and Christian B.'s property in Neuwegersleben. According to our knowledge, he has no connection with the disappearance of Inga. “ The crime scene is about 100 kilometers northeast of the accident site.

Kramer emphasized to FOCUS Online that the public prosecutor's office would not let up in its efforts to solve the Inga case. „ We try everything to clarify the fate of the girl and convict the perpetrator. “ Kramer rejected Inga's family's criticism of the previously unsuccessful investigation.

There is new imagery from 2023 of the PDL farmhouse on Google Earth. There has been some digging/excavation going on during the past year. but IMO not related to an eventual search. I still don't understand why this property and the villa in Foral haven't been turned upside down, unless they have and we just don't know about it?

View attachment 499799
Given the publicity surrounding previous searches it would be pretty unusual to have any slip under the radar imo.

As far as the Portuguese investigation over these crimes is concerned I think the biggest issue concerning CB's legal team is that forensic evidence from the initial crime scene investigation proved DM's assertion that her assailant had raped her in her bed.
The record of DM's complaint to the police in 2005 matched the account given by CB's friends who had watched the rape as it took place on the stolen video tapes. The match led the German police to CB and the rest as they say is history.

CB's defence team have an unenviable task. All they have to hand is to discredit witnesses. A task in which they have left no stone unturned even calling the judge in CB's 2019 aggravated rape trial to the stand.

CB was arrested in Portugal in 2017 and held in custody until he was extradited to Germany on a European Arrest Warrant. He stood trial and was sentenced for sexual crimes involving a minor. On release he absconded to Italy
Snip
“I asked him what he was doing with his trousers down. He said he ‘needed to go for a pee pee’.”

The officer asked CB for his driving licence then phoned the local police station, giving them his full name.

“They told me there was a warrant for his arrest and they bundled him in the car and took him off to be held in the cells overnight.”

On this occasion at least the Portuguese police dealt with the situation with the EAW warrant for sexual offences taking precedence over the sexual offence in the playground. Worth noting again that CB evidences a particular predilection for minors although my opinion is that he is a sexual predator from whom no woman is safe.

As far as the Portuguese investigation over these crimes is concerned I think the biggest issue concerning CB's legal team is that forensic evidence from the initial crime scene investigation proved DM's assertion that her assailant had raped her in her bed.
The record of DM's complaint to the police in 2005 matched the account given by CB's friends who had watched the rape as it took place on the stolen video tapes. The match led the German police to CB and the rest as they say is history.

CB's defence team have an unenviable task. All they have to hand is to discredit witnesses. A task in which they have left no stone unturned even calling the judge in CB's 2019 aggravated rape trial to the stand.

CB was arrested in Portugal in 2017 and held in custody until he was extradited to Germany on a European Arrest Warrant. He stood trial and was sentenced for sexual crimes involving a minor. On release he absconded to Italy
Snip
“I asked him what he was doing with his trousers down. He said he ‘needed to go for a pee pee’.”

The officer asked CB for his driving licence then phoned the local police station, giving them his full name.

“They told me there was a warrant for his arrest and they bundled him in the car and took him off to be held in the cells overnight.”

On this occasion at least the Portuguese police dealt with the situation with the EAW warrant for sexual offences taking precedence over the sexual offence in the playground. Worth noting again that CB evidences a particular predilection for minors although my opinion is that he is a sexual predator from whom no woman is safe.
It is my understanding that the rapes viewed on the tapes were not of DM but of unidentified women

There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding this .
the reports are inaccurate, a recording of DM’s rape has never been found nor viewed by any witnesses.

MS and HeB seem to have disagreed on the video of the older lady. MS believes she was 40 to 60 years old and Italian. HeB says she was British and 70 to 80 years old.

It is my understanding that the rapes viewed on the tapes were not of DM but of unidentified women
CB had a Modus Operandi from which investigators were able to identify DM from police files as a rape survivor.

In turn from the description of DM's cold case rape trial in which CB was identified to be the convicted perpetrator, HB was able to recognise the technique of the rapist as similar to the rape perpetrated against her which had taken place in 2004.

Therefore the similarity between the rapes of two elderly women is not surprising should the rapist be identified in one when he removed his mask for the camera, backed up by police files and forensic evidence while the other awaits confirmation of the present indictment at trial.

Had DM not reported her ordeal to the police with all the attendant humiliation she too would have been an anonymous victim of an anonymous and dangerous pervert. But she saw justice because the police were enabled to put a name to a face - or to be more exact a name to a body hair.

Snip
The witness, an acquaintance of CB, said the elderly woman was bound, masked and whipped before being raped.

He said: ‘Then the man sat on the bed and pulled the mask off his face. I thought: That can’t be!’ He said he immediately recognised CB.
The witness stole the video tapes during a burglary in 2006 and said he later destroyed them, horrified by what he had seen but years later reported the contents to police.

His testimony prompted detectives to trawl cold cases and they came across the report of the American widow.

the reports are inaccurate, a recording of DM’s rape has never been found nor viewed by any witnesses.

MS and HeB seem to have disagreed on the video of the older lady. MS believes she was 40 to 60 years old and Italian. HeB says she was British and 70 to 80 years old.
HB suffered a particularly prolonged and aggressive rape. Her ordeal was carefully recorded by the rapist. As far as is known that tape has never been found nor viewed by any witnesses.

The description of DM's ordeal enabled police investigators to trace her because she had reported the rape at the time and a record was on file as was forensic evidence.

There are many, many women who never report rape

This is where the defence are highlighting discrepancies and the SY detective may add to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back