Germany Germany - Walter Broschat, 9, Klaus-Dieter Stark, 9, and Eveline Lübbert, 10, Pirmasens, 1960-1967

Romulus

Reaction score
BornWalter Broschat, Klaus-Dieter Stark, Eveline Lübbert
DisappearedBroschat (aged 9) - 25 November 1960, Stark (aged 9) - 17 January 1964, Lübbert (aged 10) - 8 September 1967
Pirmasens, Germany
StatusNever found
NationalityGerman
Known forMysterious disappearances in the same location on three different Fridays

I thought I'd look for a source in German MSM for this, and here's what I found. The article examines the psychology behind why a suspect in their disappearance and murder ended up being seen by some of the public as almost like "a saint."

Article from Der Spiegel in 1976 (!)

"Günter J, 44, is said to have killed three children between the ages of eight and ten...The eerie “Forest Man of Pirmasens,” as the “Frankfurter Rundschau” once called him, had already been described as schizophrenic by psychiatrists in 1954; his incompetence at the time of the crime was already clear before the trial began...
But since Friday the week before last,[J]... has been free again; The murders of the three children Walter Broschat, 9, Klaus-Dieter Stark, 8, and Eveline Lübbert, 10, could not be proven...No one was willing to confirm sexual misconduct, which was still alleged in the police investigation files, during the trial; previously clear memories faded in the process..."

Another article from 1976. I am surprised nothing more recent is coming up. As far as I can tell, they weren't recovered and no one was ultimately found guilty. How awful for them and their families.

From Zeit Online archives. You have to register to read it, which I can't do right now. Headline is "No bodies and no confession. Who was it? – It's about the disappearance of three children"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back