Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

It’s a different MO though. A trip to Iceland is presumably planned months in advance while directing his family to a weekend of AC fun could have been a more urgent matter. Anyway, we just don’t know enough of rhe facts. I guess it’s the lack of news from the investigation that really triggers speculation.

That and the fact that we don’t know for sure that the investigative house has been cleaned completely.

Driving:

My impression is V has a license- there was a media story about a neighbor who talked that milestone.

The depositions from the crashing season talk of Rex and his wife both driving on long trips. They don't mention V driving. But they don't mention her presence, either, IIRC.

I agree that it is very significant that the way to get to AC (a strange destination with children) is by driving. Yes, it's not down the block, but unlike booking a flight, departure time is flexible. As John Ray pointed out, the dates the hotel were paid for do not indicate presence in AC, although things like the liquor store purchase - which itself is a little strange in a mom and nearly teen trip, especially in the absence of any purchases that seem kid- focused- do indicate that someone over 21 was likely holding the credit card in AC on a particular date.

It would be possible to make the trip in cash- especially the departing trip, but the major bridges and tunnels had a lot of surveillance, especially after 9/11. Still, I don't know what information would be preserved at this point, or if it would be investigatively relevant.

House search:

I don't see anything else LE could do about this, but it does trouble me that Asa could have informed Rex of what was and was not found via statements and photos released during the "poor me, my house might contain evidence about multiple murders and just because of that I had to step aside almost two weeks then fix some things. It didn't help that I was getting an outpouring of support from neighbors and strangers- in the form of labor, food, gift cards, cash, and the even thoughtful, light gifts like comic books."

During the above kvetching through Macedonio, photos of the home were released to news outlets.
Those photos of the house could have been communication to Rex ahead of discovery. And possibly, Asa could have been unknowingly set up to help him in that way by being told to complain about the search for evidence.

MOO

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I saw him mentioning at some point (may have been a court deposition from a civil action for prior vehicular matter) that she/AE drove him to the LIRR station, so I think she does have one, right.

Just found the deposition, it notes at some point RH says his wife drove him home on at least one occasion, so right, she's got a license.

Would definitely read the deposition. Among other interesting moments, it's got an extended discussion of RH trying to explain which hand is his predominant hand, which would be of obvious importance if he's involved in crimes where he used (theoretically/MOO) knives or guns.
The deposition also has him saying he and his wife took turns driving to visit his mother in another state.

It would be so interesting if we could see the deposition of the woman who hit him, just to see what her story was that night. He stated she said she didn't see him. How can a person miss a 6'4" ogre I wonder! He also stated he asked her if she was okay, after he banged on her hood and shouted obscenities at her. Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Do we know if he got any money from this lawsuit?
MOO.

House search:

I don't see anything else LE could do about this, but it does trouble me that Asa could have informed Rex of what was and was not found via statements and photos released during the "poor me, my house might contain evidence about multiple murders and just because of that I had to step aside almost two weeks then fix some things
RH via his attorney had immediate access to anything in the press and the search warrant requires that a detailed accounting of anything taken from the house be provided.

The deposition also has him saying he and his wife took turns driving to visit his mother in another state.

It would be so interesting if we could see the deposition of the woman who hit him, just to see what her story was that night. He stated she said she didn't see him. How can a person miss a 6'4" ogre I wonder! He also stated he asked her if she was okay, after he banged on her hood and shouted obscenities at her. Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Do we know if he got any money from this lawsuit?
MOO.
lol, it wouldn't surprise me if the full sentence was something like, he was ducked behind a parked boxed truck and "I didn't see him" until he jumped out in front of me.

I don't think it is likely he won much...that was the one where he was photographed out on ladders hanging Christmas lights? If you can drive and hang lights, it doesn't sound like an expensive injury to me.

MOO

lol, it wouldn't surprise me if the full sentence was something like, he was ducked behind a parked boxed truck and "I didn't see him" until he jumped out in front of me.

I don't think it is likely he won much...that was the one where he was photographed out on ladders hanging Christmas lights? If you can drive and hang lights, it doesn't sound like an expensive injury to me.

MOO
RH said he couldn't reach over his head with his right arm, and couldn't climb on ladders any more. The lady's lawyer showed him a pic of strung Christmas lights on his house after the accident. When he saw the pic, he said his stepson had helped him string the lights. He said he had difficulty driving his jeep (standard transmission) and couldn't ride his bike, but he drove his automatic Avalanche quite frequently either on his own or with his wife sharing the driving. He couldn't recall two weeks previous if his wife helped him drive to go visit his mother in another state. I found it interesting that he spoke of his bike because of that female who suggested he stalked her in a park one day from his bike (popping up everywhere on her walk). I don't know if anything came of that report.

RH said he couldn't reach over his head with his right arm, and couldn't climb on ladders any more. The lady's lawyer showed him a pic of strung Christmas lights on his house after the accident. When he saw the pic, he said his stepson had helped him string the lights. He said he had difficulty driving his jeep (standard transmission) and couldn't ride his bike, but he drove his automatic Avalanche quite frequently either on his own or with his wife sharing the driving. He couldn't recall two weeks previous if his wife helped him drive to go visit his mother in another state. I found it interesting that he spoke of his bike because of that female who suggested he stalked her in a park one day from his bike (popping up everywhere on her walk). I don't know if anything came of that report.
Do you have the date on this lawsuit?

If this is the shoulder injury which required surgery, then it is also the injury that I suspect influenced his change in MO from dismemberment and multiple locations for the remains. It may have preceded the purchase of his first Avalanche, which has a factory-installed, lockable cover for the bed and therefore was better for transporting whole bodies.

Having pulled both shoulders, I know how excruciating the pain associated with the shoulder joint is and how much you change your way of doing tasks.

He changed several things inside the Gilgo 4, especially in the two years, 2007-2009, from the disappearances of Maureen Brainard Barnes to Melissa Barthelemy. Two big changes that may have made disposal easier also preserved evidence which is currently being used against him. He went from belt restraints (which appears unplanned and just grabbing what's at hand, suggestive of his home being the murder site) to tape, which thankfully trapped hairs for later DNA analysis, and from wrapping the body in plastic, from which the elements were free to carry evidence to make identification of victim and murderer more difficult, to using a camo burlap bag, which trapped and held on to evidence despite the elements, for each. And, yes, I am aware of the hair trapped on the monogram belt. It seems to me it's less likely with belts than with a roll of unprotected tape, which can just hold on to anything that wisps to its surface.

It is the changes between MBB and MB which have led me to believe that all the bodies strung out along Ocean Parkway belong to RH. He changed his MO when he needed to "problem solve" or "trouble shoot" any element. A trait he bragged about in one interview.

Last edited:

If this is the shoulder injury which required surgery, then it is also the injury that I suspect influenced his change in MO from dismemberment and multiple locations for the remains. It may have preceded the purchase of his first Avalanche, which has a factory-installed, lockable cover for the bed and therefore was better for transporting whole bodies.

Having pulled both shoulders, I know how excruciating the pain associated with the shoulder joint is and how much you change your way of doing tasks.

He changed several things inside the Gilgo 4, especially in the two years, 2007-2009, from the disappearances of Maureen Brainard Barnes to Melissa Barthelemy. Two big changes that may have made disposal easier also preserved evidence which is currently being used against him. He went from belt restraints (which appears unplanned and just grabbing what's at hand, suggestive of his home being the murder site) to tape, which thankfully trapped hairs for later DNA analysis, and from wrapping the body in plastic, from which the elements were free to carry evidence to make identification of victim and murderer more difficult, to using a camo burlap bag, which trapped and held on to evidence despite the elements, for each. And, yes, I am aware of the hair trapped on the monogram belt. It seems to me it's less likely with belts than with a roll of unprotected tape, which can just hold on to anything that wisps to its surface.

It is the changes between MBB and MB which have led me to believe that all the bodies strung out along Ocean Parkway belong to RH. He changed his MO when he needed to "problem solve" or "trouble shoot" any element. A trait he bragged about in one interview.

Interesting, but I don't think he was terribly injured. It seemed like insurance fraud.

MOO

Edited to add: deposition was in the spring of 2018. The alleged accident was in the previous winter (2016-2017).

Last edited:

It is Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #10

Donna Sturman told investigative reporter Kristin Thorne she still has not gotten over the shock of the claims made against her former boss.

"It's traumatizing," she said. "It's so unbelievable."

Sturman worked for Heuermann from 2017 to 2018 at his architectural office in Midtown.

She said the irony is not lost on her that it was DNA from a discarded piece of pizza crust that prosecutors have used to tie Heuermann to the Gilgo Beach murders. He has pled not guilty to all the charges.

"I used to buy him that pizza," Sturman said. "It always kind of bothered me that he didn't eat the crust."

Sturman said Heuermann never paid her overtime or vacation time. She filed a complaint with the New York State Department of Labor and, in 2021, the department found Heuermann owed Sturman $20,000 in lost wages.

In September, the DOL issued a judgment against Heuermann for still not paying Sturman.

"No, he hasn't paid me," she said. "He's obviously not in jail writing checks."

Not to mention her thoughts on what they're actually paying her for! Why would Peacock pay her anything if not for her attachment to (an alleged) serial killer husband?!?! She'd have zero relevance in life otherwise. A nobody that became a somebody because of every body that was slaughtered. MOO.
To be fair, had she not met and married RH, she wouldn't need the money from Peacock.

Hi, Betty. Can you share more on this? TIA I do remember hearing him interviewed, but it's been a very long time ago. It's probably not the interview or the information to which you're referring. Thanks, again.
Hi @GoBuckeyes, I made that comment a while ago, so have to think for a minute ;). I was probably was referring to John Ray's suspicion that Asa was involved with some of the murders, not committing them, but knew they happened and may have helped him with disposing of the bodies. His Her role since his arrest has been to defend him and help present the view of their family being normal.
Attorney John Ray has been involved in these investigations since 2010,after becoming the attorney for the family of Shannan Gilbert, the sex worker who called 911 to report being attacked near Gilgo Beach. She was later found dead not far from some of the other LISK victims.

ETA: I think I made that comment you referenced back when John Ray was bringing forward a couple of new witnesses who signed affidavits stating Asa was present when Rex H brought sex workers to his home. Another referenced a sex party held there with Asa present. Have you seen those?

Last edited:
Re posts fwiw..

''The witness wrote in the affidavit that she recognized Heuermann, Ellerup, and Vergata after the Gilgo Beach murders case garnered media attention and appeared in the press.

The fourth new witness, who spoke to Ray in an interview but did not give an affidavit, was decribed as a sex worker.

She claimed that she serviced Heuermann "over 20 times" around the same time when the Gilgo Beach murders occured.

The witness said that Heuermann was a serial user of sex workers and would often book two at a time.

She also alleged that he brought the hookers to his home while his wife was upstairs.''

Re posts fwiw..

''The witness wrote in the affidavit that she recognized Heuermann, Ellerup, and Vergata after the Gilgo Beach murders case garnered media attention and appeared in the press.

The fourth new witness, who spoke to Ray in an interview but did not give an affidavit, was decribed as a sex worker.

She claimed that she serviced Heuermann "over 20 times" around the same time when the Gilgo Beach murders occured.

The witness said that Heuermann was a serial user of sex workers and would often book two at a time.

She also alleged that he brought the hookers to his home while his wife was upstairs.''
It makes perfect sense that AE was fully aware of her husband's lifestyle of bringing SW's home to that small, tiny, little house, where everybody living there would have to be aware of what's going on in the room downstairs. The home is simply too small to hide the comings and goings and noises and smells of activity like has been described by at least four different women now.

Every time I see John Ray, he impresses me with his consistency and integrity in this case. He has been authentic and steadfast in keeping the truth out there.

Meanwhile, AE's attorney makes comments like these from the article:

"Following the latest claims made by Ray's witnesses, Ellerup's attorney Robert Macedonio said that the allegations were "outlandish."
"This is a desperate attempt by Johnny Ray to remain relevant in a case where he’s been chasing his tail for the past 12 years," Macedonio said, as per New York Daily News.
"It’s hard to take anyone seriously wearing a purple hat that looks more like an audition for a Willy Wonka movie than an attorney representing a victim," he added."

Macedonio has nothing better to say about John Ray than to criticize the way he dresses/looks while discounting JR's decades of work here. What's ironic is that It's hard for me to take Macedonio seriously because he's proven more than once he's all about the $$$$$ stream that he and his sneaky client can capitalize on here.

I trust John Ray 100% but Macedonio and AE 0%. Actions speak louder than words.

MOO.

Twenty years ago Wednesday, a landscaper cleaning the wooded property of a newly constructed home in Moriches found the partial remains of Andre Isaac, a professional drag performer known as “Sugar Bear.”

“If Andrew Isaac’s information is included on a website set up by the Suffolk County police Department as part of the LISK investigation, then why haven’t they mentioned him in connection with this case before?” journalist Alexis Linkletter asked on the podcast Unraveled that explored the case. “And more importantly, why isn’t his information visible for the public to see?”

Police have said that they do not believe that Isaac’s case is connected to the Gilgo Beach murders in which authorities found 10 sets of human remains along Ocean Parkway in 2010 and 2011 while searching for missing New Jersey woman Shannan Gilbert who was later found dead in Oak Beach.

“Before the official roll out of the website, [Isaac’s] case was utilized as a test during [the] layout process and was briefly live on the site,” police told the Press in a statement when asked about the still-functioning link to Isaac’s profile on the police website. “If you navigate to the website, not utilizing that link, that page no longer exists.”

Isaac’s mother, Kim Jordan, reportedly believes that his son’s murder is connected to the Gilgo investigation and said she has been in touch with Homicide Squad detectives to discuss it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back