Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were discussing this a bit the other day. It's possible that his family needs some items out of the house, so the crime scene techs have to remove it instead of allowing the family to go in. But in the previous discussion, they were removing cat food and a cat tree/scratching post. This may valuable to the family, but I'm sure they'll take a closer look at it for evidence before releasing it to them. The cat stuff probably didn't have a lot of potential evidentiary value.
Cat hair. Especially if an a young kitten adopted around 2010 died recently and they didn’t change the latest tree. Unlikely, but who knows?

I wonder if he retired from killing or found a new burial ground.
I also wonder if he owns other properties.
LE and MSM are doing a good job informing the public, but we know what LE is reporting now is just the tip of the iceberg,
LE has followed his phone, his burner phones, his wife's phone, ??perhaps his children's phones???, the victims' phones. Don't you think that if there is a new burial ground or two LE has good evidence telling them where?

LE has followed his phone, his burner phones, his wife's phone, ??perhaps his children's phones???, the victims' phones. Don't you think that if there is a new burial ground or two LE has good evidence telling them where?
Good point. So could that mean he quit killing just after the bodies were found?

I could see a Mosin-Nagant and a WW1-era Mauser, and what appeared to be a sporsterized Mauser, in the photo. These are the types of firearms collected by people with an interest in military history or military firearms, and certainly not the sort one would use in a "shootout with cops".

I shouldn't be surprised, but still am, at the number of people on WS who know nothing about firearms, or firearms collecting. In the part of the country where I live, large gun collections are common. I have one myself.

Don’t be surprised about people having no clue about the technical side of military history. Interests differ. 92 guns are a collection either way. On the other hand, people who have raised several kids, especially boys, and live in safer neighborhoods, usually weigh in the probability of someone else breaking in vs their own teenager getting hold of a gun. Mentality changes when kids leave the house or the neighborhoods become less safe. But you are right, much depends on the part of the country, and the prevailing attitude, too.

Last edited:
I think it's because he is a serial killer that's why. A normal person with a gun collection often doesn't alarm anyone.
With him, I'm curious if he only collected guns or used them in crimes or used to threaten women that's all.
He probably owned them because of his little ... nevermind... 8D~

The only legitimate reason to own 100 guns is you are a gun dealer!!!

Last edited:
Possibly but they are not commenting on other investigations at the present time and they have stated that repeatedly.
That is to maintain the integrity of those investigations.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if additional charges are levied in this case.

I could see a Mosin-Nagant and a WW1-era Mauser, and what appeared to be a sporsterized Mauser, in the photo. These are the types of firearms collected by people with an interest in military history or military firearms, and certainly not the sort one would use in a "shootout with cops".

I shouldn't be surprised, but still am, at the number of people on WS who know nothing about firearms, or firearms collecting. In the part of the country where I live, large gun collections are common. I have one myself.
Why is it surprising? I'm interested in true crime, grew up in a household with guns (hunting family, competitive shooting too)....and I have zero, absolutely zero, interest in guns. My interest in crime doesn't include an interest in weapons. No biggie, imo. I rely on others to provide info if it's necessary to understanding the case, and I scroll when the convo gets too technical for my interest.

Different strokes.

jmo

Cat hair. Especially if an a young kitten adopted around 2010 died recently and they didn’t change the latest tree. Unlikely, but who knows?
I had that same thought and was going to post about it. We have no idea how much other evidence the task force has,or what they're looking for specifically. Maybe it's a little of both.....LE may want to take pet hair samples,and the family cat needs it's supplies.

Why is it surprising? I'm interested in true crime, grew up in a household with guns (hunting family, competitive shooting too)....and I have zero, absolutely zero, interest in guns. My interest in crime doesn't include an interest in weapons. No biggie, imo. I rely on others to provide info if it's necessary to understanding the case, and I scroll when the convo gets too technical for my interest.

Different strokes.

jmo
I don't like them so they are of no interest to me but i have the skills to research them if they are relevant and I have contacts who know everything there is to know about all kinds of weapons.
No need for me to install updates on the subject..

We were discussing this a bit the other day. It's possible that his family needs some items out of the house, so the crime scene techs have to remove it instead of allowing the family to go in. But in the previous discussion, they were removing cat food and a cat tree/scratching post. This may valuable to the family, but I'm sure they'll take a closer look at it for evidence before releasing it to them. The cat stuff probably didn't have a lot of potential evidentiary value.
Or cat hairs on victims?

Good point. So could that mean he quit killing just after the bodies were found?
It COULD. But I doubt it. He's 59. Perhaps he has retired or his compulsions have tamed enough he's more selective and kills less often. I can't imagine that he just woke up one morning in his 40s and became a killer -- three neat and tidy bundles -- then simply quit. I suspect there are more, many more. Both before and after the Gilgo Beach hideaway.

I’m not a very visual person but I had to track this down.

NYPICHPDPICT000014115996.jpg

This looks creepy to me, but I don’t collect dolls or know anyone who collects dolls. It’s obviously supposed to stand upright, not lie flat like a coffin, but still creepy.

(Edit: also, I had never heard of time out dolls, and I just looked that up. What. The. Heck. That is some creepy Blair Witch Project stuff right there.)
It doesn't look creepy to me at all.
It looks like an old, vintage or even valuable antique collectable porcelain doll in a very nice case.

jmo

Suspect in Gilgo Beach Killings Led a Life of Chaos and Control​

<snip> Steve Kramberg, a property manager in Brooklyn who worked with Mr. Heuermann for about 30 years, called him “a gem to deal with, highly knowledgeable.” Mr. Heuermann was “a big goofy guy, a little bit on the nerdy side” who worked long hours and was available day and night, Mr. Kramberg said. But he was also devoted to his wife, who Mr. Kramberg said had health problems, and to his elderly mother.

<snip> At work, Mr. Heuermann’s punctilious approach rubbed some people the wrong way. Kelly Parisi, a former president of the co-op board at a building in Brooklyn Heights that hired Mr. Heuermann to oversee renovations, said he was “adversarial with everyone” and so “overly fastidious” that the board eventually fired him.

<snip> According to the timeline released by prosecutors and to Buildings Department and court records, Mr. Heuermann kept up his busy work schedule even as victims were vanishing.

It COULD. But I doubt it. He's 59. Perhaps he has retired or his compulsions have tamed enough he's more selective and kills less often. I can't imagine that he just woke up one morning in his 40s and became a killer -- three neat and tidy bundles -- then simply quit. I suspect there are more, many more. Both before and after the Gilgo Beach hideaway.
My hope is the investigation leads to additional burial sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57