Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes from the press conference:

- RH first became a suspect on March 14, 2022 after a NY State investigator "was able to identify him in a database"

- Over 300 subpoenas and search warrants were executed

- All of the women were bound at the head, the chest or the midsection, and the legs

- The burlap in this case was camouflage, like the type used for hunting

- In December 2012, FBI special agents began looking at the cell site data and honed in on similarities between the burner phones (now identified as belonging to RH) and the victims' cellphones. They noted in particular that the four phones had overlap in Massapequa Park and Midtown Manhattan

- The physical similarities between RH and the man seen during Amber Costello's 'ruse' shortly before her disappearance, location of his house within the area the victims' phones pinged, and the similarity of RH's car to the one seen in the 'ruse' led to RH being identified as a suspect in 2022.

- During the murders, RH was alone in the tristate area (his wife and children were out of town)

- LE was able to identify 7 separate burner phones believed to have been used by RH

- LE kept details about the investigation and grand jury under wraps because they knew RH would be watching

- The Chevy Avalanche used in the Amber Costello case was seized by LE in South Carolina and will be processed

- Search warrants are still being executed

Last edited:
"Tearful suspect appears in court, tells lawyer: 'I didn't do this'

Heuermann broke down in tears in front of his lawyers and insisted on his innocence, the defense team said... Defense lawyer Michael Brown said he just met his client, who was in tears."

I read in the document that he seems to like crying images.

jmo

DNA advance that was being bandied about in early reports this am was in the mitochondrial DNA testing (From Live Presser) He's going through all of corroborating evidence they have. They have a lot. car, phone, DNA, eyewitness

This is off-topic but the pizza crust story is a prime example of why I love forensics and criminology. This is like something out of Forensic Files.
Was there another DNA match case taken from delivered pizza crust? I remember a home invasion with a nurse and young son.
Sorry, not to be off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member