Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

"Manorville, where they're searching, is notorious for people dumping bodies in there, so I wouldn't be surprised if they uncover other bodies that might not necessarily be related to Gilgo," Alcazar said''.
ETA
Noting..

While the victims tied to John Biltroff were found no where near his home, this search area is. he lived right there. not saying he will be tied to anything they find, just pointing this out.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1266).png
    Screenshot (1266).png
    377.7 KB · Views: 14
Who knows what they are looking for out there today but I can't help but think, the irony of Bittrolff not using his backyard as a dumping ground only to have another serial killer do it.

What I would give to know if Bittrolff and Heuermann ever crossed paths... or any combination of Bittrolff/Heuermann/Burke.

Who knows what they are looking for out there today but I can't help but think, the irony of Bittrolff not using his backyard as a dumping ground only to have another serial killer do it.

What I would give to know if Bittrolff and Heuermann ever crossed paths... or any combination of Bittrolff/Heuermann/Burke.

yup had Biltroff used the area by his home as his dumping ground he could have possibly blamed those deaths on Heuermann...or he would have been blamed for Heuermann's murders :/

1714067508451.png

BY JENNY ANNA MATHEW JUL 16, 2023 rbbm
''The arrest of Heuermann has also drawn attention to Bittrolff, a carpenter from Manorville, Long Island. In 2014, Bittrolff, a married father residing in Manorville, Suffolk County, was taken into custody for the homicides of sex workers Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee''.

''Tangredi, aged 31, was discovered beaten and strangled to death in 1993, while McNamee, aged 20, met a similar fate the following year, as per Oxygen Crime. The bodies of both women were discarded in wooded areas within close proximity on Long Island's south shore, with Tangredi found in East Patchogue and McNamee in nearby North Shirley. The similarities between these murders and the Gilgo Beach killings have sparked speculation regarding Bittrolff's potential involvement in the larger series of crimes, hinting at a possible connection.''

Wait, what Sugar Bear news?

Not news from Suffolk PD, but an odd link on their Gilgo Beach web page. Looking back in 2011 news stories re Gilgo Beach victims, his name was mentioned.

I’m just wondering about the affidavit from the woman who went to the swingers party at Rex H’s house with her cop boyfriend. IIRC she said they both had sex with RH, so he was or is, bi.

Last edited:

View attachment 499528

BY JENNY ANNA MATHEW JUL 16, 2023 rbbm
''The arrest of Heuermann has also drawn attention to Bittrolff, a carpenter from Manorville, Long Island. In 2014, Bittrolff, a married father residing in Manorville, Suffolk County, was taken into custody for the homicides of sex workers Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee''.

''Tangredi, aged 31, was discovered beaten and strangled to death in 1993, while McNamee, aged 20, met a similar fate the following year, as per Oxygen Crime. The bodies of both women were discarded in wooded areas within close proximity on Long Island's south shore, with Tangredi found in East Patchogue and McNamee in nearby North Shirley. The similarities between these murders and the Gilgo Beach killings have sparked speculation regarding Bittrolff's potential involvement in the larger series of crimes, hinting at a possible connection.''

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. (PIX11) –Suffolk County District Attorney Raymond Tierney ruled out Sunday night a long-time theory that convicted Manorville murderer, John Bittrolff, could be somehow tied to the Long Island serial killer investigation.

“He has nothing to do with LISK,” Tierney said, using the acronym for Long Island Serial Killer.

The law enforcement search of Manorville grew in size Thursday, as more than a dozen K-9 police units from three agencies scanned sections of the hamlet's 6,900 acres of pine barrens looking for human remains in the Gilgo Beach homicide investigation.

Brian Higgins, a lecturer at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the former Bergen County Police Chief, said cadaver dogs often have to be brought in from other jurisdictions because they perform a “highly specialized” investigative function.

“Dogs really need to work, they need to keep their skills up and so do their handlers,” Higgins said. “But there isn't much work for cadaver dogs, so that's why you need to bring them in from other areas.”

Not news from Suffolk PD, but an odd link on their Gilgo Beach web page. Looking back in 2011 news stories re Gilgo Beach victims, his name was mentioned.

I’m just wondering about the affidavit from the woman who went to the swingers party at Rex H’s house with her cop boyfriend. IIRC she said they both had sex with RH, so he was or is, bi.
Ah, thank you. No new news there, but it is a new article. I hope it sparks interest again for those victims, whether they are victims of RH or not, they deserve justice. While Sugar Bear is not listed as one of the victims on the official page when you click on "victims", his link is still there:

ETA I couldn't get to the page using DuckDuckGo by the way

Last edited:
The law enforcement search of Manorville grew in size Thursday, as more than a dozen K-9 police units from three agencies scanned sections of the hamlet's 6,900 acres of pine barrens looking for human remains in the Gilgo Beach homicide investigation.

Brian Higgins, a lecturer at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the former Bergen County Police Chief, said cadaver dogs often have to be brought in from other jurisdictions because they perform a “highly specialized” investigative function.

“Dogs really need to work, they need to keep their skills up and so do their handlers,” Higgins said. “But there isn't much work for cadaver dogs, so that's why you need to bring them in from other areas.”

Ok, so we know for sure they're looking for remains (as opposed to other kinds of evidence.) That means not Jessica Taylor. Someone else. Valerie? Sugar Bear? Someone we haven't heard of yet who was brought into the investigation by evidence found since RH's arrest?

Ah, thank you. No new news there, but it is a new article. I hope it sparks interest again for those victims, whether they are victims of RH or not, they deserve justice. While he is not listed as one of the victims on the official page when you click on "victims", his link is still there:

ETA I couldn't get to the page using DuckDuckGo by the way
Yes, it makes you wonder if many of these sex workers knew each other or saw each other at the same parties on Long Island.

I guess they'll have to explain how the former police officer killed the victim, but managed to get Rex Heuermann's wife's hair tangled up in the bindings. Just sayin'.

Defense is grasping at straws here. They really don't have a lot to work with, do they?

This article that mentions AE's hair being tangled up in the belt with W.H. initials. There are quite a few similar articles out there.

It's a delay tactic if nothing else.
Fight to get all the documents then if they're released more time will be needed to go through them etc.
I don't see RH anxious to get to trial so who knows?

Someone who was missing from NYC? I'm just checking in, has there been anyone from NY State Police? Just wondering, they're part of the LISK task force and I think it's still active.

ETA I think Valerie Mack was working out of NYC. She was from Philly. Valerie Mack

Back a few pages, right before the posts on the news of a search in Manorville, there was a post Re: Sugar Bear’s mother wanting further investigations and answers. I’ll look for it. Also Sugar Bear lived in the exact same area as Jessica and Khalil White. There were also several unsolved murders in those surrounding blocks.
I just read the recent article posted with Sugar Bear's mother.
She said the last time she saw him he was leaving in "red sports car".
I haven't followed Sugar Bear/LISK until RH was arrested.
The "red sports car"?

Anyone know what LE did with this info?
There can't be that many RSC's driving around/registered.
Even looking at DMV records from surrounding states.
Then again there's the description of Rex's truck right from the get-go.

1714097465288.png
2023 by Timothy Bolger
''She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip — a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 57th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of New York City.

During that time, city-based punk rock band The Dictators penned the song “The Minnesota Strip” [“The strip is hopping on Friday night / They come from so far away”].

Sorry for two posts in a row, but this new video just popped up.
Apr 25, 2024
Members of the Gilgo Beach Task Force spent two days this week searching a wooded area in Manorville, Long Island with dogs. Local media outlets quoted sources saying the search was connected to the Gilgo Beach murder investigation. Rex Heuermann, an architect from Massapequa Park, is charged with murdering four women whose remains were found on Gilgo Beach. But the murders of other women, a toddler and a man remain unsolved. Law&Crime's Angenette Levy talks with documentarian Josh Zeman about what the new search could mean and whether there is more than one serial killer in this episode of Crime Fix — a daily show covering the biggest stories in crime.

Seeing this:

Why search Manorville now?​

Hofstra law professor Fred Klein is a former Nassau prosecutor. He says it's usually rare to bring in such a force unless acting on a lead.

"It could be something an informant has come forward with and told them about after all these years," Klein said. "It may relate to something they found in his home. Something on his cell phone, or computer. A map."

------------------------

I'm wondering if somebody walking through the area spotted something that had previously been secured and/or concealed, and for whatever reason LE believes the discovery's related to RH. Maybe more burlap, another very petite victim, maybe another victim who worked as a sex worker. Or maybe they suspect they've found more remains of a victim already known.

Also thinking LE might have been exploring something contained on the hundreds of electronic devices seized from RH's home.

"It could be something an informant has come forward with and told them about after all these years," Klein said. "It may relate to something they found in his home. Something on his cell phone, or computer. A map."
bbm
Some sort of an accurate map would make sense, when thinking of an architect ..... Although: could he ever be accurate?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753
Back