Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DeDee

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Our WS member morf13 is an established contact of Tricia's and a very reliable and trusted source.

In real life morf13 is Mike Morford, who is the host of the Citizen Detective true crime podcast, along with his co-hosts Dr. Lee Mellor and Naama Kates.

As a highly regarded and trusted source, Morf13 is not required to provide links to what he states as fact about this case.

ADMIN NOTE:

Rex Heuermann's family, his wife, son and daughter are off limits for sleuthing. It's fine to discuss what is said about them or by them in MSM, but to sleuth out their information and/or post links to their social media or online persona is absolutely against Websleuths TOS. Members who continue to do so will find themselves on a thread ban.

This is Websleuths 101 ... read The Rules and you won't have any problems.

Thank you.

MOD NOTE:

>>> Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. <<<

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects.
Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed.

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Also, General fundraising discussion is not allowed. The ONLY part of a fundraiser account that is allowed for discussion is any previously unknown specifics/facts contained in the introduction (NOT COMMENTS) that relate directly to the case.

Speculation about why family members set up the account, the funds raised or what those funds may or may not be used for is off limits. Discuss the case, not the peripheral issues of fundraising.

You’re posting privileges are subject to suspension should you choose to violate these, or any other rules.

- Mad

I couldn't respond on the last thread before it closed, but I know @CuriousCricket wondered if RH was cutting corners because of his "hobbies." Have wondered on this as well. Definitely recognizing the "cutting corners" is possible. I've been back and forth on the "cutting corners" idea, but I don't think RH's little mistakes with the burlap and belts are necessarily because of cutting corners. I also don't think his letting that house fall to pieces was just "not having the money," either. I think RH harbored serious hatred towards one or both parents and it's reflected in all the "TLC" he gave the home. Meaning even if he had a ready flow of cash, he'd still like to see it in shambles. Pure speculation, though.

I think the hairs are normal transfer, and he recognized that such a transfer was a risk for him, but one he was willing to accept so long as his disposal methods would promise concealment for an extended period of time.

As for the monogrammed belt, don't think this was any accident or even just convenience of a kind. I think there was something special to him about that certain victim. There's some weird reason why he left that belt. I'd compare that belt to the phone calls he made to MB's family. There's some trigger with that particular victim in RH's head that prompted those calls, and with MBB, there was something at work in RH's mind-- particular to his experiences with that victim-- that prompted the leaving of the belt as well. (Believe phone calls also made to friend of MBB.) Both of these "gestures," the phone calls to victims' family/friends and the belt, carry tremendous risk for him, but I don't think he's able to restrain himself. Also think Peaches was special to him in some way and that is why her remains have been found in so many locations, and why her remains mark the parameters of the graveyard. 100% agreed, though, that RH is a "problem-solver" and some of his handiwork would reflect that.

As for the idea of a third SK, seeing that mentioned a lot, I sure hope not. But you never know. Have wondered for years if there was any kind of association between RH and Bittolff. Hoping we get some answers about what they were searching for out there recently. The idea of another SK can't be ruled out, adding another level to this horror show, three of these sick freaks at work in the same relatively small area of territory.

Last edited:
The Gilgo Beach Homicide Task Force has expanded its scope to take a “fresh look” at other unsolved cases involving human remains found elsewhere in the county, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said Thursday.

The revelation follows a report issued by the district attorney’s office that stated the work of the task force is “far from complete” regarding Gilgo Four suspect Rex A. Heuermann and other defendants “yet to be named.”

“We’re looking at other dead bodies,” Tierney told Newsday in an interview. “We’re using the same methodology that we used before, but we’re taking a fresh approach to each body.”

Tierney said the task force turned over more than 420 devices investigators seized during search warrants executed at the home, office and storage spaces rented by Heuermann to Secret Service investigators who specialize in analyzing encrypted devices following his July 13 arrest.

Tierney said the items turned over to the federal agency include smartphones, palm pilots, tablets, laptops, desktop computers and CD-ROMs.

“A large number of smart devices were found at the locations,” Tierney said. “An unusual amount.”

I couldn't respond on the last thread before it closed, but I know @CuriousCricket wondered if RH was cutting corners because of his "hobbies." Have wondered on this as well. Definitely recognizing the "cutting corners" is possible. I've been back and forth on the "cutting corners" idea, but I don't think RH's little mistakes with the burlap and belts are necessarily because of cutting corners. I also don't think his letting that house fall to pieces was just "not having the money," either. I think RH harbored serious hatred towards one or both parents and it's reflected in all the "TLC" he gave the home. Meaning even if he had a ready flow of cash, he'd still like to see it in shambles. Pure speculation, though.

I think the hairs are normal transfer, and he recognized that such a transfer was a risk for him, but one he was willing to accept so long as his disposal methods would promise concealment for an extended period of time.

As for the monogrammed belt, don't think this was any accident or even just convenience of a kind. I think there was something special to him about that certain victim. There's some weird reason why he left that belt. I'd compare that belt to the phone calls he made to MB's family. There's some trigger with that particular victim in RH's head that prompted those calls, and with MBB, there was something at work in RH's mind-- particular to his experiences with that victim-- that prompted the leaving of the belt as well. (Believe phone calls also made to friend of MBB.) Both of these "gestures," the phone calls to victims' family/friends and the belt, carry tremendous risk for him, but I don't think he's able to restrain himself. Also think Peaches was special to him in some way and that is why her remains have been found in so many locations, and why her remains mark the parameters of the graveyard. 100% agreed, though, that RH is a "problem-solver" and some of his handiwork would reflect that.

As for the idea of a third SK, seeing that mentioned a lot, I sure hope not. But you never know. Have wondered for years if there was any kind of association between RH and Bittolff. Hoping we get some answers about what they were searching for out there recently. The idea of another SK can't be ruled out, adding another level to this horror show, three of these sick freaks at work in the same relatively small area of territory.
I’m in total agreement with you on RH holding some hatred toward his parents and possibly even his wife. (There is almost zero public information about his father. And, I’ve even wondered if his mother did some things to drive a wedge between father and son or that he did something to his father and the mother covered for him.) I also wouldn’t put it passed him to have actually planted his wife’s hair on the victims. But, I also do not and have never ruled out the possibility that his wife may have been well aware of and (possibly) supportive of his proclivities. I also want to know if RH had any associations with other sick men, similar to the group of men in the LongIslanderotica chatroom- the CCC. Was he, Burke, Bittrolff, Brewer or others in that online chat group or another similar group? I’ve even wondered if he was part of a group making $nuff films.

Last edited:
Tierney said the task force turned over more than 420 devices investigators seized during search warrants executed at the home, office and storage spaces rented by Heuermann to Secret Service investigators who specialize in analyzing encrypted devices following his July 13 arrest.

Tierney said the items turned over to the federal agency include smartphones, palm pilots, tablets, laptops, desktop computers and CD-ROMs.

“A large number of smart devices were found at the locations,” Tierney said. “An unusual amount.”

Palm Pilots = 1990s

I’m in total agreement with you on RH holding some hatred toward his parents and possibly even his wife. (There is almost zero public information about his father. And, I’ve even wondered if his mother did some things to drive a wedge between father and son or that he did something to his father and the mother covered for him.) I also wouldn’t put it passed him to have actually planted his wife’s hair on the victims. But, I also do not and have never ruled out the possibility that his wife may have been well aware of and (possibly) supportive of his proclivities. I also want to know if RH had any associations with other sick men, similar to the group of men in the LongIslanderotica chatroom- the CCC. Was he, Burke, Bittrolff, Brewer or others in that online chat group or another similar group? I’ve even wondered if he was part of a group making $nuff films.
How would you be able to tell that RH held hatred toward his parents and possibly his wife? ? I think it's interesting, but how would one would be able to judge this? I do agree with the wife being aware of and supportive of his proclivities, based on witness testimonies from several sources, and just how tiny that little home is and my belief that nothing could be hidden from other residents living there. MOO.

How would you be able to tell that RH held hatred toward his parents and possibly his wife? ? I think it's interesting, but how would one would be able to judge this? I do agree with the wife being aware of and supportive of his proclivities, based on witness testimonies from several sources, and just how tiny that little home is and my belief that nothing could be hidden from other residents living there. MOO.
Well, ok, I already think he's guilty, just noting, there's no way I think RH didn't murder these girls. With that said, jmo, he's an SK who spends a fortune on sex workers, but is also an architect whose personal residence looks like it's going to fall down. I don't think that's just "carelessness" or "skewed priorities." He wanted it that way. He's clearly full of rage. The strained relationship with his father is documented. Speculation of an unhealthy bond with the mother is also documented/source: "'He had a kind of an unusual, incestuous [relationship], in an emotional sense, with his mother, [which] could be a contributing factor to his pathology. Who knows what was ticking beneath the surface,' the criminologist said, adding, 'He may [have been] projecting the loving doting son, when in fact there may have been some deep-seated resentment toward mom.'”

This guy largely got what he wanted for a very long time. He wanted to frequent sex workers, he did. He wanted to go out and murder some of those sex workers, he did. He wanted to get away with it for as long as possible, he did. He wanted to be an architect, he was. Wanted to open a nice professional office in Manhattan, he did. He wanted to buy the family home, he did. And while I know there are things, too, he wanted and didn't get, the care of that home was completely in his control, and it's falling down like a barn out in the middle of an overgrown field somewhere. He wanted to let it get that way, and so he did. That's the way I look at it, but it's MOO. Not an accident that he bought it and let it run the course it's run. He grew up in that house. And I think that house is a grisly type of snapshot into his head and how he feels about that. And it's too much of a coincidence to me that this house looks the way it does and he also left a family belt wrapped around one of those victims. Family's important to RH, but in a twisted, horrifying kind of way. There's no way I can know it for certain because the truth is buried inside RH's head, and nobody will probably ever know for certain, but jmo, that's how it looks to me.

The strained relationship with his father is documented. Speculation of an unhealthy bond with the mother is also documented/source: "'He had a kind of an unusual, incestuous [relationship], in an emotional sense, with his mother, [which] could be a contributing factor to his pathology. Who knows what was ticking beneath the surface,' the criminologist said, adding, 'He may [have been] projecting the loving doting son, when in fact there may have been some deep-seated resentment toward mom.'”
I wasn't aware of these details. Thanks for sharing that.

Speculation of an unhealthy bond with the mother is also documented/source: "'He had a kind of an unusual, incestuous [relationship], in an emotional sense, with his mother, [which] could be a contributing factor to his pathology. Who knows what was ticking beneath the surface,' the criminologist said, adding, 'He may [have been] projecting the loving doting son, when in fact there may have been some deep-seated resentment toward mom.'”
I’m hoping more info will be released on his spending habits and finances overall. It’s evident his priorities are different from most people and MOO/speculation that he kept most of his money in the business… 1) have better financial control over his family and 2) AE would not be entitled to any part of his business in a divorce due to NY law/business was created before their marriage (IIRC NY divorce law).

Also MOO, he was drawing just enough from his business to sustain his family and his addictions (alcohol, gambling, sex). If he suddenly had $20k to replace his roof that may have raised some eyebrows in his family.

Do you have any other sources from that quote. Only place I found that quote was a NY Post article and a MSN article linking back to the Post.

Not saying it’s wrong or inaccurate but curious to see what specific info led this criminologist to make this conclusion.

Harboring resentment/hate for his mother and then killing women in the home he was allegedly abused in, would make sense in my mind.

Quote's from criminologist Scott Bonn, seeing this for him, but this specific quote is probably not in these sources, more general just to Scott Bonn, the Psychology Today article is written by Bonn, and the Time article's by Bonn:

From NewsNation:

An expert who helped create a suspect profile 12 years ago in the deaths of 10 people found in New York’s Gilgo Beach says those presumptions align with what the public has learned so far about the man charged in three of the killings.

Criminologist Dr. Scott Bonn helped create that profile in 2011. He joined NewsNation on Monday, where he said descriptions of the man whom police arrested last week seem to align with conclusions Bonn drew about the unnamed killer more than a decade ago.

Well, ok, I already think he's guilty, just noting, there's no way I think RH didn't murder these girls. With that said, jmo, he's an SK who spends a fortune on sex workers, but is also an architect whose personal residence looks like it's going to fall down. I don't think that's just "carelessness" or "skewed priorities." He wanted it that way. He's clearly full of rage. The strained relationship with his father is documented. Speculation of an unhealthy bond with the mother is also documented/source: "'He had a kind of an unusual, incestuous [relationship], in an emotional sense, with his mother, [which] could be a contributing factor to his pathology. Who knows what was ticking beneath the surface,' the criminologist said, adding, 'He may [have been] projecting the loving doting son, when in fact there may have been some deep-seated resentment toward mom.'”

This guy largely got what he wanted for a very long time. He wanted to frequent sex workers, he did. He wanted to go out and murder some of those sex workers, he did. He wanted to get away with it for as long as possible, he did. He wanted to be an architect, he was. Wanted to open a nice professional office in Manhattan, he did. He wanted to buy the family home, he did. And while I know there are things, too, he wanted and didn't get, the care of that home was completely in his control, and it's falling down like a barn out in the middle of an overgrown field somewhere. He wanted to let it get that way, and so he did. That's the way I look at it, but it's MOO. Not an accident that he bought it and let it run the course it's run. He grew up in that house. And I think that house is a grisly type of snapshot into his head and how he feels about that. And it's too much of a coincidence to me that this house looks the way it does and he also left a family belt wrapped around one of those victims. Family's important to RH, but in a twisted, horrifying kind of way. There's no way I can know it for certain because the truth is buried inside RH's head, and nobody will probably ever know for certain, but jmo, that's how it looks to me.

I agree with you. When you care and have the means, you take care of things you cherish.
He didn't even attempt to keep the house somewhat reasonable.
I agree with your astute assessment.
Ed Kemper and Ed Gein both had contempt for Dear Old Mom/grandma too.

Eh... Headline: "Rex Heuermann: Suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer has 'acclimated' in jail amid ex-wife's 'therapeutic' visits"

From article: "She didn't visit him in the first three or four months of his incarceration, but she started visiting 'more frequently' in the last two months....These visits Ellerup's attorney Bob Macedonio said, 'I think is therapeutic for her and to get whatever kind of grasp on the situation she possibly can.'"

Yes, I'm sure it's wildly therapeutic! I'm sure it's "therapeutic" beyond belief. (Cha-ching$$) Is she smuggling in butter??

Gag me. Just... blech.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member