Giraffe feces seized at airport from woman who planned to make a necklace from it

Friday Fan

Reaction score

The passenger also stated in the past she had used moose feces to make a necklace at her home in Iowa.

She will not face any penalty, but she could have faced a penalty of $300 to $1,000, if she had tried to sneak it in

To those of you who a contemplating this:
  • All animal feces coming into the US, require a Veterinary Service Permit
  • The article did not address human feces coming into the US
  • The article also did not address using domestic animal feces to make jewelry. ( I wonder if she sells this kind of stuff at flea markets?)

Last edited:

The passenger also stated in the past she had used moose feces to make a necklace at her home in Iowa.

She will not face any penalty, but she could have faced a penalty of $300 to $1,000, if she had tried to sneak it in

To those of you who a contemplating this:
All animal feces coming into the US, require a Veterinary Service Permit
(The article did not address human feces)
I need an eye rolling emoji for this one.

LOL. Tourists are always buying jewelry made with these "beautiful dark oval beads" here, they are made out of deer droppings.

I nearly bought what I thought were chocolate covered lollies at an outdoor market in Hong Kong.
I thought they looked like an Aussie lolly called Clinkers which were chocolate shaped like a football.

As I waited my turn I noticed there was a pattern on the chocolate.
Intrigued and thinking it might be something like football stitching, I leaned in closer to have a good look.

I then lost my appetite...

The pattern was wings, it was a chocolate covered insect of some sort. :eek:

I nearly bought what I thought were chocolate covered lollies at an outdoor market in Hong Kong.
I thought they looked like an Aussie lolly called Clinkers which were chocolate shaped like a football.

Intrigued and thinking it might be something like football stitching, I leaned in closer to have a good look.

At least it was chocolate covered and not poop covered! :p

LOL. Tourists are always buying jewelry made with these "beautiful dark oval beads" here, they are made out of deer droppings.

What a waste of potential compost/fertilizer......

There's a company in my area that, for many years, has come to various community events and given away samples of edible insects. I have never indulged.

They put them on a serving platter, in those little paper cups you can put ketchup in, or nuts at a wedding reception.

There's a company in my area that, for many years, has come to various community events and given away samples of edible insects. I have never indulged.

They put them on a serving platter, in those little paper cups you can put ketchup in, or nuts at a wedding reception.
Our local agriculture extension service hosts an insect meal every year.

I know a man who, when he did his master's degree, did some field with in the Brazilian Amazon. He's told about a certain species of grub that is basically pure protein, and eating a few of them (after roasting them like a hot dog) gives you a big burst of energy. You do what you have to!

I also had not known that Brazil nuts grow in a fruit that is about the size of a grapefruit, and when the nuts are ripe, the fruit falls from the canopy and breaks open on the ground. People have been killed this way.

I recently saw a post on another website about a new pet food that is made from insect protein - apparently, it comes from a species of fly larva. If the animal likes it, they won't care, I guess.

I do know that many people who raise poultry keep a maggot bucket, where they put meat scraps, and the poultry eat the resulting maggots.

I know a man who, when he did his master's degree, did some field with in the Brazilian Amazon. He's told about a certain species of grub that is basically pure protein, and eating a few of them (after roasting them like a hot dog) gives you a big burst of energy. You do what you have to!

I also had not known that Brazil nuts grow in a fruit that is about the size of a grapefruit, and when the nuts are ripe, the fruit falls from the canopy and breaks open on the ground. People have been killed this way.
Looks like a coconut, but probably weighs more.
Man those things...In those "mixed nut" collections that we would get from someone at Christmas. I don't think I ever successfully managed to eat one!

800px-Castanha-copl6.JPG

I got a 1-pound bag of Brazil nuts in the shell for 99 cents, on clearance. I put some in a dish on my patio, for the squirrels and other animals that live in the area, and when they sat untouched, I cracked them and tossed them out into the yard. At that point, the birds did eat them.

I got a 1-pound bag of Brazil nuts in the shell for 99 cents, on clearance. I put some in a dish on my patio, for the squirrels and other animals that live in the area, and when they sat untouched, I cracked them and tossed them out into the yard. At that point, the birds did eat them.
The squirrels didn't want to break their teeth.
Didn't want to have to get false teeth!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990
Back