Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

I think most of the unidentified never will be, but that most are alive, not knowing they're being looked for -- survivors of Alcala unaware of these pictures, having forgotten the circumstance, women who touched evil briefly who then, unknown and unknowingly, moved quietly away.

With Alcala, I wish he would just confess.....Too much to hope for....

With Alcala, I wish he would just confess.....Too much to hope for....
I bet he'll never confess. It's something he takes joy in knowing by himself forever and ever. He has the satisfaction of letting no mortal soul know the truth about what he did to his victims. It's only allowed to be between him and his creator.

He will never confess.

And, so many girls look the same because that was the hairstyle that the majority of teenagers wore. I wore it myself. I could post a photo of myself in the 70's and I would look like one of the victims.

I always thought that it was strange when Ted Bundy was known for killing girls with "dark brown hair, parted down the middle". Back in the 70's it was just the style and hair coloring was not really done a lot in those days, so brunettes stayed brunette.

I bet he'll never confess. It's something he takes joy in knowing by himself forever and ever. He has the satisfaction of letting no mortal soul know the truth about what he did to his victims. It's only allowed to be between him and his creator.
He's now having dementia. No chance of more info.

He's now having dementia. No chance of more info.
@norest4thewicked told me he was faking it, so I'm confused. Either way, it's not a possibility. The LE are the ones who have the extra documentation and unreleased photographs of him so it's up to them whether they wanna release it or not. What it takes is someone to be interested enough in him to make a full documentary on him so they can gain access to previously unreleased files. Some of which will only be accessible after his death.

I think he fakes a lot of things...or at least he was capable of it a few years ago. Personally I think the answers to a lot of the UIDs from the timeframe he was out and active might be explained....Maybe we will know some day....

He's not cooperating and probably won't in however much or little time he has left. He entered guilty pleas to the two known New York murders, but that was only to get back to California to work as his own lawyer on his own death penalty pleas. (If he's really demented now, at least one man acting as his own lawyer really DOES have a fool for a lawyer.)

But California's government, without a shred of authorization from its voters, has dismantled the death chamber and announced a "permanent" halt to executions. I guess they can do that. Nobody cares.

So he's under no pressure to do anything now.

Right....Mentioned because her case is so sparse....My thought is with a group home, and so little information? She may have run off, and done something else for a year OR the dates could be off. I could see a 19 year-old leaving a group home in Oregon and ending up in California...

If you look at her case, it is really a sentence or two. There is one other photo of her....at 7 years old. So frustrating.

Good point about using date of disappearance when there were a lot of runaways out there. Failure of imagination on my part.

I won't pointlessly re-open the topic of what I do think, but Wanda doesn't look like a match. Slightly bulbous nose tip is wrong. Cheekbones are close but no cigar. Light hair and general roundness of face are wrong.

That's fair. I thought the nose was pretty close, and facial features could sharpen with age. i.e. 12 to late teens, early 20s.

Always looking, probably never going to find.... :)

I read that Alcala would play nice during the 'first' photo shoot. Luring girls under the pretence of their pics being entered into a competition. This gave the girls the trust to either give their home details or to arrange a 2nd meet. There are some missing girls who look to be in the pics but the dates just dont fit! I do know that loadsss of his pics were not released to the public and there is 1 man in search of his sister and he has hounded LE for access to them pics but LE refuse saying his lost sister is not amongst them.. other persons sisters could be though!! I will try find that article again now X

I read that Alcala would play nice during the 'first' photo shoot. Luring girls under the pretence of their pics being entered into a competition. This gave the girls the trust to either give their home details or to arrange a 2nd meet. There are some missing girls who look to be in the pics but the dates just dont fit! I do know that loadsss of his pics were not released to the public and there is 1 man in search of his sister and he has hounded LE for access to them pics but LE refuse saying his lost sister is not amongst them.. other persons sisters could be though!! I will try find that article again now X
Please do!

Personally, I think this particular mystery has been solved. The yearbook photo girl that was discussed at length earlier in this thread is extremely likely to be the girl in the fur coat, who for any number of legitimate reasons denied being that person when asked about it, decades later, by someone unknown to her, via an email.

If the two females are one and the same, then obviously the fur coat girl lived through her experiences. The mark around her mouth looks so much like tape had been there, possibly for some time, and then removed right before the pic was taken. And who knows? Maybe that did happen, and somehow or another the girl got away and continued living for decades to come. Or it could be that the image of a kidnap victim with duct tape on her mouth is so ubiquitous in our culture that I'm imagining a scenario that didn't actually happen. I would've sworn that fur coat girl's mouth had been covered with tape right before that photo was taken (and maybe it was). But I'm completely convinced CarlK identified her and found her, alive, nearly 50 years later. So if she did have an experience with Alcala that resulted in her mouth being taped and a photo being taken of her but her not being killed, then she sure isn't talking about it.

View attachment 246360 View attachment 246357 Hmm.....Just noticed this case. Her family lost contact with her in 1976. She was living in a group home in Oregon at the time, and was 19. In the only photo available (below) she was 12. Brown hair, hazel eyes.....Edited : I think there are some common features...nose shape at the tip, natural part....

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/or-wanda-ann-herr-19-gresham-june-1-1976.503700/View attachment 246357

Gosh, to me they look very similar, but I have been wrong so many times that I tend to defer to the experts! :) We need Carl to weigh in!

Gosh, to me they look very similar, but I have been wrong so many times that I tend to defer to the experts! :) We need Carl to weigh in!
I'm catching up on this thread and now see that Carl HAS weighed in...I am happy to know she is most likely alive and well.

An age progression of Wanda was released, based on what they feel she likely looked like at 19. I am crossposting. I know people feel Carl identified this young woman long ago, but I am not certain. Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.06.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.07.55 AM.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back