Grand Jury Indictment 3/20/14

The news media knows exactly what we're doing. There is absolutely purpose to every article written.

Everyone is entitled to figure out or take from what's written as they so choose.

Just sayin'. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The news media knows exactly what we're doing. There is absolutely purpose to every article written.

Everyone is entitled to figure out or take from what's written as they so choose.

Just sayin'. :)

Voice of reason. You are right as usual. Thank you,Hoppy. :loveyou:

I think it is time to let the dust settle. All the newspapers are doing is keeping this hatred alive. You don`t see any negative things being said in the media by the E family and they are the ones that are suffering the most along with the M children. One lost a daughter and the others have lost their parents. If TM hadn`t been so vulgar and hateful on social media, this case would have never escalated into what it is today. TM set off all of this hatred. Even though I would love to know more about what is going on myself, it would be much better to wait until the trial to find out if there is much more to the story than we all know right now. I keep thinking of the old saying " Silence is Golden".

I have been thinking about what interests people about this case. I think that the drama on FB accounts for 98% of interest in the case. Consider how many people post on FB, and how many post here. I am not sure how much overlap there is, but I do find it interesting that so many don’t post here. If they were truly interested in discussing the case, they would. They just want to argue with no rules. I also think that for a lot of followers, if they had somehow not come across the drama on FB, they would not be acting like the case is the worst of the worst. Group think mentality, wanting to be part of something, etc is strong.

I have been thinking about what interests people about this case. I think that the drama on FB accounts for 98% of interest in the case. Consider how many people post on FB, and how many post here. I am not sure how much overlap there is, but I do find it interesting that so many don’t post here. If they were truly interested in discussing the case, they would. They just want to argue with no rules. I also think that for a lot of followers, if they had somehow not come across the drama on FB, they would not be acting like the case is the worst of the worst. Group think mentality, wanting to be part of something, etc is strong.

I can only speak for myself, but my motivation and interest in this case has nothing to do with Facebook or the drama kings and queens that are on social media. In addition to my background and career in the criminal justice field, for sometime now I have been giving serious thought to moving to the Myrtle Beach area after retirement. Therefore, this case along with those of Brittanee D. and Amber B. have been of keen interest to me. Also, my family has vacationed in Myrtle Beach since the 1970s and we love the area and climate. But, I agree that this case has been sensationalized by several factors including Facebook and there are some that follow along for the drama. Most however appear to me to be interested in finding Heather Elvis.

Speaking of Amber B., has anyone heard of any new developments in her case?

I have no interest in the FB 'drama' - I don't even know what it is other than Tammy's ugly posts early on. I don't even like discussing it here because it seems disrespectful to Heather. Whatever is going on now with FB and the C's is boring and a waste of my time. Now is the time to pray for Heather's family and for justice.

Many,myself included, were following this case from the get go and not on FB.

I'm interested in following crime cases to begin with, but I started following this case and joined this forum when I found out it involved someone from the Disboards.

The Disboards was the first on-line forum I was ever involved in. I have a sentimental attachment to it and many of its members. I haven't participated there since 2012 because Disney trips won't be happening for me and my family until further notice. (Kids are past the age, plus the cost of their college educations.)

It fascinates me that a fellow Diser is sitting in jail, accused of murder. I am so sure I interacted with OneTreeHillAddict, though I haven't found any threads that we both posted on. I remember her username and her avatar, plus I went on trips with dates that overlapped with their trips in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I am certain we interacted there even though I haven't found where.

And FTR, I don't do Facebook at all.

I can only speak for myself, but my motivation and interest in this case has nothing to do with Facebook or the drama kings and queens that are on social media. In addition to my background and career in the criminal justice field, for sometime now I have been giving serious thought to moving to the Myrtle Beach area after retirement. Therefore, this case along with those of Brittanee D. and Amber B. have been of keen interest to me. Also, my family has vacationed in Myrtle Beach since the 1970s and we love the area and climate. But, I agree that this case has been sensationalized by several factors including Facebook and there are some that follow along for the drama. Most however appear to me to be interested in finding Heather Elvis.

Speaking of Amber B., has anyone heard of any new developments in her case?

I have noticed on websleuths there are those that are in or have been in LE, counselors, psychologists, social workers who have jobs in which they relate to those with deviant beahviors, and those with inquisitive minds in general that like to gather information to try and resolve the questions related to a crime. In general the majority of people will not fall into these categories and will not likely continue to return to this board and follow several cases. Facebook of course appeals to a much broader range of people, and I propose that in general the people who like WS will not also be big FB fans, although lately I have been paying more attention to my FB as a source of info that I may have missed in the news such as today a report on the Texas border and the Mexican Drug Cartel. Inquistive minds want to know and tend to spend less time on drama which can get in tne way of facts and knowledge.

I didn't intend for people to start projecting. If you aren't following the case on FB and only for the drama, then my post was not directed at you. It was for those who don't care to discuss the case, just argue w/ no rules. Outside of the small group on WS, most who follow the case would not have taken an interest if they could not log onto their computer and see the drama every day. I am sure it is addicting.

I didn't intend for people to start projecting. If you aren't following the case on FB and only for the drama, then my post was not directed at you. It was for those who don't care to discuss the case, just argue w/ no rules. Outside of the small group on WS, most who follow the case would not have taken an interest if they could not log onto their computer and see the drama every day. I am sure it is addicting.

I think we should look at this differently. I have learned so much information on this case that I have not seen on any other sites. Different perspectives, different possibilities, facts. I believe there are many more sleuthers out there that feel the same way. Maybe they just don't have anything to say, yet. Maybe that's why you feel there is only a small group of us. I honestly don't know. And I'm not sure what you mean by "they just argue w/ no rules." I just think our energy and focus should be directed on HE, and what we can contribute to finding her, and helping to solve this case. And who knows, maybe even contribute an idea that can actually help. I do not sign on for the drama. And for those that do, well, they know who they are. And IMO, have no credibility here.

WS has very strict rules and is heavily moderated as to the type of content allowed and what can and cannot be discussed. Comparison to Facebook and other unregulated and open social media platforms cannot really be made. WS is not a social media platform.

I think people are drawn to drama wherever and whenever it occurs. I think that's human nature. Today we have the Interwebs and lots of virtual places to see drama. Decades ago it was only available on TV, newspapers, and whereever people met up (local bars, etc). The Internet is both a wonderful and powerful tool and an easy pathway to observing the extremes of human behavior people. Given more and more tools to communicate, we see both positive and negative.

Crime cases are always polarizing. Always. If one chooses to delve into social media then one is going to see the full range of good, bad, and ugly, because there's lots of representation of all of it, everywhere. It's part of the landscape. And in that landscape there's some truth, a whole lot of rumor and speculation, and lots of bad/incorrect info too. Caveat Emptor!

BBM-Would that be you projecting, lol?

The drama was not attractive for me, more like a train wreck, you literally could not believe what the woman was posting publicly. I could not make up my mind, was Tammy crazy or was she innocent with really, really, bad judgement? I had never seen anything like that before.

<mod snip>

I think it is likely one of the Moorer's was directly involved in Heather's death. However, my question is...does the state have enough evidence for a jury to find them legally guilty. I'm not sure they do.

Attention Please!

Let's keep the discussion about the posts and not the posters.

All opinions are welcome

Agree to disagree and move on.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran

:seeya:

Was just thinking how rough a month this must be for the Elvis family.... A Daddy's day without his daughter, another court date on the twenty-seventh, and Heather's 21st birthday, which would have been a milestone day. She would legally have become an adult. Heather's full adult life was totally stolen from her and all those who love her. Each person on earth is here for a unique and important reason. The contribution Heather would have made will never be actualized. The world will be different now because she is no longer here. The loss of a human being creates a void in this life that never can be filled in the same way. it impacts all of us. Maybe she was to save a life, be an advocate for wonderful causes, or gift this world with another human life-we will never know, and we all miss out. Even if she helped with one woman's positive image by working her artistry at the beauty salon, it would have been life changing for someone. What a shame that some people are here not to build, but to destroy. With each murder that takes place, a part of ourselves is also changed,violated, taken.

I am here for a couple of reasons. First, because my family vacationed in Myrtle Beach with me and my two sisters since 1963. A lot of cherished memories were created there. Only one sister survives. Part of remembering my sister has a lot to do with all the fun we had in MB together.I can still see my sister in my mind's eye laughing and enjoying the breaking surf. Second, I had been a lurker on websleuths going back many years. When I heard of Heather's case, I had first thought that maybe there was a serial killer and wanted to research if there were ties to Brittanee's Drexel and other missing persons in the area. Third, to offer any input that may help the case, and last, and most important to me is that coming on Heather's threads is my way of holding vigil with Heather's family.

It is not hard to understand why this case makes no sense at times, but it is impossible to figure out at this point - kind of like solving a math problem when a variable is missing. Until that information is revealed, we are going to feel uncertain about what really happened to Heather. In the meantime, it makes me feel better to share some time and ideas with like-minded people who care about Heather (and others) who are missing or worse. I would be so blessed and less alone if it were my child that was gone and she was remembered daily here. I truly trust that the caring we put forth can ease a grieving family.

FYI...There will be a 6 month candle light prayer vigil for Heather on 6/18 at PTL from 8:00-9:00pm. Inclement weather - Forest Brook Baptist Church gym.

I think it is likely one of the Moorer's was directly involved in Heather's death. However, my question is...does the state have enough evidence for a jury to find them legally guilty. I'm not sure they do.

I'm 100% positive we won't be able to determine this until trial, when all the evidence (whatever it is) is presented. And even then it may be something that is forever debated. Ultimately it will be up to a jury to decide if the state has enough evidence and if that evidence allows them to reach a conclusion one way or the other.

I'm 100% positive we won't be able to determine this until trial, when all the evidence (whatever it is) is presented. And even then it may be something that is forever debated. Ultimately it will be up to a jury to decide if the state has enough evidence and if that evidence allows them to reach a conclusion one way or the other.

BBM- Sure, I agree. Sorry, you thought I meant otherwise. This is what I posted. :loser:

*Snipped*

does the state have enough evidence for a jury to find them legally guilty. I'm not sure they do.

Imo, the speed of the arrests/charges in this case tends to make me think LE has a lot of good evidence. There is no need to brung murder charges in a case like this after less than three months, otherwise. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back