Grandmother Missing Since 1968, Birth Name: Dorothy Model (Or Modella) Goodson

Absolutely.

Birth Name: Dorothy Model (Or Modella) Goodson

Birthdate: Sept. 8, 1938

Place of Birth: Herpel, AR. Stone County.

Married: James Barron Riley on Sept. 11, 1954 in Letona, AR.

Based on my dad's memory he says she left sometime between August-October 1967, not 1968. That was a typo.

She was last seen in Amarillo, Texas.

There was a Dorothy Goodson admitted to the Southwest Osteopathic Hospital of Amarillo in October of 1969

Attachments

• goodson hospital admission.png
    goodson hospital admission.png
    323 KB · Views: 37
Absolutely.

Birth Name: Dorothy Model (Or Modella) Goodson

Birthdate: Sept. 8, 1938

Place of Birth: Herpel, AR. Stone County.

Married: James Barron Riley on Sept. 11, 1954 in Letona, AR.

Based on my dad's memory he says she left sometime between August-October 1967, not 1968. That was a typo.

She was last seen in Amarillo, Texas.

There was a Dorothy Goodson admitted to the Southwest Osteopathic Hospital of Amarillo in October of 1969

And admitted to the hospital again in May of '70
Whoa! I have not seen that before. My dad didn't recognize the address but the years would put her after she went missing. If this is the same Dorothy M Goodson, then that would mean she stayed in town after she left them. I'm going to look into this further.

I went to the county assessor to pull the ownership records of the listed address and it showed Dorothy M Goodson owned the property until 1992. Just need to find a way to figure out if it's the same Dorothy M Goodson.

Thank you so much for finding this! This is the first legit lead we've ever had.

Whoa! I have not seen that before. My dad didn't recognize the address but the years would put her after she went missing. If this is the same Dorothy M Goodson, then that would mean she stayed in town after she left them. I'm going to look into this further.

I went to the county assessor to pull the ownership records of the listed address and it showed Dorothy M Goodson owned the property until 1992. Just need to find a way to figure out if it's the same Dorothy M Goodson.

Thank you so much for finding this! This is the first legit lead we've ever had.

Turns out this was a different DOROTHY M GOODSON living in Amarillo, Texas.

Another update, I did a FOIA request with social security to attempt to get her SSN. They will provide it if they have one and the person is deceased. However, the response I got back was that they didn't have a record of her. Meaning she most likely never applied for a social security number because she was born in 1938.

I'm open to any other ideas for how I can find her.

Thank you!

My name is Tim Moore. I was born in 1964 in AR and placed for adoption. I recently received a copy of my original birth certificate which shows a 26 year old Dorothy Goodson being my birth mother. No father name or info was listed. The certificate showed Dorothy had 3 births before me.

My name is Tim Moore. I was born in 1964 in AR and placed for adoption. I recently received a copy of my original birth certificate which shows a 26 year old Dorothy Goodson being my birth mother. No father name or info was listed. The certificate showed Dorothy had 3 births before me.

@LRiley did you see this??? Have either of you sent a sample to 23&Me?

@Moore1017 , thanks so much for jumping on here and sharing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back