**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed at this link at the Toronto Sun dated June 16th. I wonder if the sounds in the "unedited" video are more clear or they can hear more specific background noises in this other version without having that 2nd layer of audio added on top. I really wish the 15 min version was released somewhere so we could compare now instead of waiting for the trial.

MONTREAL - Detectives investigating the Luka Magnotta case are analyzing a longer, unedited video clip that they believe shows Chinese student Jun lin, 33, being murdered and dismembered, QMI Agency has learned.

The video lasts about fifteen minutes, compared with 10 minutes, 45 seconds for the edited clip that was posted to a gore website.

Sources tell QMI Agency the long-form video contains no music, unlike the one posted to the Internet. It also includes all of the background noise in the apartment as a man, believed to be Lin, is stabbed to death with an ice pick and methodically cut to pieces.

Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere of the Montreal police confirmed that detectives seized the longer video but refused to provide more details.

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/16/unedited-version-of-magnottas-alleged-snuff-video-seized

Have you guys ever seen anyone with jaundice? He DEF does NOT look jaundiced.

I have. Had acquaintance who had Hep C and looked similar. Mug shots aren't glamourous though and it could be the lighting that gives him a yellow-ish hue.
He doesn't radiant upstanding health though.

Where's the acne? He has a few pock marks but I am not seeing bad skin at all. I know y'all love to hate him but c'mon. I am about to challenge everyone else here 30+yo to post an un-photoshopped pic and allow us to critique it. Just curious to see what everyone has to say...

Sunday, I can't tell if you're joking, but if not, why are you so defensive about LRM's "good looks"? There is no need for anyone here to have to lower themselves to post their pics in order to have an opinion about LRM.

No one here has plastered their image all over the Internet. No one here has rambled in thousands of online postings about how "extremely hot" and "sexy" they are. LRM is an extreme narcissist and, by his own conduct, has made how "bad" he may look entirely fair comment.

Now, I can understand why someone might think he has "good looks" but I have to say, I was pretty surprised by those mugshots.

I guess the problem, is the LRM had propagated so many air brushed and photoshopped photos of himself all over the Internet, that I was surprised how old and bad he looked. Many of the photos he kept posting were probably several years old.

His complexion is spotty and pimpled. His face pock marked. His hair is clearly thinning. His hairline has receded significantly.

Compare the hairline with this old mugshot used for the Interpol Warrant:

http://babyboomeradvisorclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/luka magnotta mug shot.jpg

And the recent mugshot:
http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20120605/416_Magnotta_mugshot.jpg

It's about a two inch difference.

I can understand why someone might think he has "good looks", but I personally think he looks quite old for his age in those mugs.

Anyways, let's get back to talking about things that matter. I'm tired of this clown's face already.

I agree LM looked unhealthy in more recent photos. Underweight, pale (when not wearing foundation, which he often did), and I believe those pock marks might actually be from drug use. He didn't appear to have them when he was younger and I haven't seen any photos of him with acne. People who abuse meth often ended up with bad scarring on their faces. I doubt our boy lived a very clean lifestyle.

I wonder if he took any drugs prior to killing JL. Could that explain his calm, robot-like demeanour during the video? I still maintain the crying/vomiting on the plane could have been from withdrawl. I just don't see LM crying over what he did to JL or over being scared that he would get caught.

Sources tell QMI Agency the long-form video contains no music, unlike the one posted to the Internet. It also includes all of the background noise in the apartment as a man, believed to be Lin, is stabbed to death with an ice pick and methodically cut to pieces.

The wording of the above quote has me wondering if the investigators can actually hear Lin being stabbed to death. By their own statement, it appears they can (i.e.., "...is stabbed to death").

Joseph Y.

<snipsnip>
I wonder if he took any drugs prior to killing JL.

After listening to the audio of the kill video I do actually think he might have being snorting some substance. His sneezing and sniffing do resemble ‘colombian flew’ like symptoms, but cant conclude that its the case.

I dont know that much about meth but his behaviour in the video, pre and after seem to be quite controlled. I would quess coke, speed or just a normal flew.

Hey so I was just wondering: LE says they have an unedited 15 minute video of the crime. But I remember some posts farther back that some people were saying that it seems like the crime took place overnight or possibly 2days (because of the sound of cars, birds, sunlight etc). Do you think that maybe the 15minute video LE has is perhaps the original video that LRM was going to release? Then maybe he felt like it was too obvious or whatever and decided to further edit the video down to 10m45s?

I don't know about you guys but I don't think I would be able to carry out all of that butchering in under 15minutes :S

Hey so I was just wondering: LE says they have an unedited 15 minute video of the crime. But I remember some posts farther back that some people were saying that it seems like the crime took place overnight or possibly 2days (because of the sound of cars, birds, sunlight etc). Do you think that maybe the 15minute video LE has is perhaps the original video that LRM was going to release? Then maybe he felt like it was too obvious or whatever and decided to further edit the video down to 10m45s?

I don't know about you guys but I don't think I would be able to carry out all of that butchering in under 15minutes :S

Would be very interesting to know what else is on the long version. My impression has always been that LM did a lot of start/stop recording throughout the crime...hence the changes in lighting as night turns into morning. Its as if he staged various "acts" and then hit the record button. IMO there could be lots of reasons he edited it down....maybe he was too directly visible, maybe it was too long, maybe he didn't like the shot/angle etc, etc. The video is really his Frankenstein creation, and at the end of the day how he quilted it together reflects his own ghoulish fantasy and perspective....given that there may never be clear answers as to why he included/edited various parts.

Hi y'all... been busy on Brittney Wood's disappearance and as I was cleaning up my desktop I noticed I never posted the attached.

It is another vein comparison that I made of his left hand from the killvid & a known photo of LRM (sitting on the floor leaning on the brown leather couch with the white towel around his neck).

Here is a link for those who have not read about it previously:

Vein matching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• LeftCompare.jpg
    LeftCompare.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 66
I agree LM looked unhealthy in more recent photos. Underweight, pale (when not wearing foundation, which he often did), and I believe those pock marks might actually be from drug use. He didn't appear to have them when he was younger and I haven't seen any photos of him with acne. People who abuse meth often ended up with bad scarring on their faces. I doubt our boy lived a very clean lifestyle.

I wonder if he took any drugs prior to killing JL. Could that explain his calm, robot-like demeanour during the video? I still maintain the crying/vomiting on the plane could have been from withdrawl. I just don't see LM crying over what he did to JL or over being scared that he would get caught.
Have you ever suffered from withdrawal? Also, pock marks are much different from random scarring associated w/picking w/drug use.

Sunday, I can't tell if you're joking, but if not, why are you so defensive about LRM's "good looks"? There is no need for anyone here to have to lower themselves to post their pics in order to have an opinion about LRM.

No one here has plastered their image all over the Internet. No one here has rambled in thousands of online postings about how "extremely hot" and "sexy" they are. LRM is an extreme narcissist and, by his own conduct, has made how "bad" he may look entirely fair comment.

Now, I can understand why someone might think he has "good looks" but I have to say, I was pretty surprised by those mugshots.

I guess the problem, is the LRM had propagated so many air brushed and photoshopped photos of himself all over the Internet, that I was surprised how old and bad he looked. Many of the photos he kept posting were probably several years old.

His complexion is spotty and pimpled. His face pock marked. His hair is clearly thinning. His hairline has receded significantly.

Compare the hairline with this old mugshot used for the Interpol Warrant:

http://babyboomeradvisorclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/luka magnotta mug shot.jpg

And the recent mugshot:
http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20120605/416_Magnotta_mugshot.jpg

It's about a two inch difference.

I can understand why someone might think he has "good looks", but I personally think he looks quite old for his age in those mugs.

Anyways, let's get back to talking about things that matter. I'm tired of this clown's face already.
Of course I was being facetious, and I don't think he's that great looking or anything. I think everyone is so used to the airbrushed, photoshopped, made-up face that they don't realize that he just looks normal and average in the mug shots and/or on the tarmac. It's similar to how people tear apart celebrities in candid photos. Personally, I think Kim Kardashian is much more attractive w/out makeup, yet every time a candid photo of her turns up everyone is commenting on how ugly, sickly, etc., she looks. Yeah, we all have flaws in our complexion, uneven skin tone, and don't look our best in sweats or PJs, but who cares? Why does it even matter?

I just got done reviewing a last video of Ted Bundy posted on another thread. In it he describes that the few days after commiting his crimes he would go through a sort of return to increased conciousness and feelings of horror of what he had done. I personally don't think LM was going through withdrawal symptoms, although I do think he could have still been under the influence of something on that plane. When he boarded that plane, he had just mailed out horrific parcels to government officials, left behind an apt containing a nightmare crime scene, thrown out a torso, place a head in a park, disposed of a dog and edited/posted a video of his "masterpiece" to fame. He was leaving behind the life he once knew. He knew his time was limited and that his freedom would end. Even though he did what he did in part to achieve infamy, the only way he could do so was to pay the price of his freedom. So perhaps he was having a more lucid moment of impact and horror of what he had done for fame, and severe price he'd pay soon.

Of course I was being facetious, and I don't think he's that great looking or anything. I think everyone is so used to the airbrushed, photoshopped, made-up face that they don't realize that he just looks normal and average in the mug shots and/or on the tarmac. It's similar to how people tear apart celebrities in candid photos. Personally, I think Kim Kardashian is much more attractive w/out makeup, yet every time a candid photo of her turns up everyone is commenting on how ugly, sickly, etc., she looks. Yeah, we all have flaws in our complexion, uneven skin tone, and don't look our best in sweats or PJs, but who cares? Why does it even matter?

I agree -- I don't think it matters at all.

The only way it matters, in my view, is that his deteriorating appearance may have had an impact on his behaviour. LRM was losing his hair. Hell, that is usually a tough thing for your average person to deal with; to an extreme narcissist, it may have been enough to push him over the edge. He realized fame would not come from his "good looks" alone, so he would have to seek it through other means. So, killing kittens, recording the deed, and sharing it online, turned into killing humans, recording the deed, and sharing it online.

I realize we're now back in "Amateur psych profiling" territory. :)

Hi y'all... been busy on Brittney Wood's disappearance and as I was cleaning up my desktop I noticed I never posted the attached.

It is another vein comparison that I made of his left hand from the killvid & a known photo of LRM (sitting on the floor leaning on the brown leather couch with the white towel around his neck).

Awesome work, FBM!

IMO people sometimes view the persons behavior as repulsive and then that impacts their perception of their level of attractiveness. Kardashian is physically beautiful with or without makeup IMO.... but so narcissistic I'm repulsed by her because of how entitled, full of herself and exploitive she is. As for LM, I believe he was/is "attractive"...of course his crimes make him a gruesome person underneath that. I don't think it much matters other then the fact of how incredibly insistant he was online with labeling himself as so beautiful and sexy. It suggests to me that he didn't see himself accurately and either he was overcompensating for how inadequate in life he felt, or how deluded he was. I find the dissonance between his assertions and other's perceptions as relevant. Minimally, it must have been hard for him to reconcile why others were not swooning for him with interest at a level he believed his attractiveness deserved. IMO it was part of the reason why he turned to crime as a call to fame when his looks failed to bring it.

Quick query: Are we allowed on WS to post our own photos(in this case of graffitti on a building relevant to the case?)

FootballMom that is very impressive, it looks exactly the same. Scary:what:

Quick query: Are we allowed on WS to post our own photos(in this case of graffitti on a building relevant to the case?)

Chorley. I think the rule is that all photos have to come from MSM sources, although I think the rules on this "Video Discussion" thread may be different.

This sounds interesting-- what do you have? Some graffiti from Montreal?

I would ask a mod. I'm interested in seeing what you found.

I can't see any sunlight in the vid.
In the beginning the light came from the left.
You can also see that the window was covered.
In the end there's bright light coming from the lower right.
Looks like it's from a lamp but could partially come from the
windows on the door.

...............................................................................................

Now what has LRM's looks have to do with the vid????
Have I missed something???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member