GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a popular theory for some is that SM & TM hung on to H.E's body for a week or more and then moved her somewhere for disposal. And while that's an interesting theory, I really can't imagine them carting a body around. Dead bodies, unless preserved, start to decompose and it would be apparent within 48 hrs or less. They had no idea when police might show up; as it turned out police first made contact 12/20 or 12/21. I don't see them storing a dead Heather for further movement. I believe H.E. was disposed of within hours of her killing.

I totally agree with this. I think they had a plan to quickly dispose of her body, and sadly, it worked.

Longbeards dumpster makes the most sense to me. No camera was there. TM and SM would know that if that was one of the places he worked. The vehicle was left at PTL so there was no reason for LE to search that dumpster at the time. It wasn't until the phone records came back that it showed the LB area. So by then, much too late to search the landfill.

I'm just kicking ideas around with why they would go to his parents. It has to be for ulterior motives. I missed SM's mother testifying so that might hold my answer.

Do you know how long it was before the phone records came back & the landfill/LB area was pinpointed. Guess I better go refresh my memory on a lot of stuff. tia

No idea why they chose that year to visit Sid's parents, whom they hadn't seen in years. They went Dec 24th, with the kids. Heather was killed Dec 18th. I have trouble envisioning them transporting a 6 day old corpse and stopping in at the Grandparents' along the way. I mean, what if the kids saw something or heard something; how would the parents ensure the kids never said a word about it?

No idea why they chose that year to visit Sid's parents, whom they hadn't seen in years. They went Dec 24th, with the kids. Heather was killed Dec 18th. I have trouble envisioning them transporting a 6 day old corpse and stopping in at the Grandparents' along the way. I mean, what if the kids saw something or heard something; how would the parents ensure the kids never said a word about it?

I'd imagine they would want to make sure they've healed all wounds with their family, in the event they're going to be dragged through the mud in the news. I can't help but think it's a combination of wanting to grasp at a sense of normalcy after committing a heinous act together, and TM choosing to make a strategic move to prove to their relatives that they are a normal functional family, knowing accusations were forthcoming.

The disappearance of Heather is a local case and it happened within a constrained area. Only the people closest to TM & SM might have any idea where they dumped Heather after killing her. Someone in Peoria isn't going to know anything that can solve the case. The hope here is that SM rolls over or someone in the family who knows something tells someone at some point. We know there's a photo of an incapacitated and likely dead Heather since DD was shown a picture of Heather on SM's flip phone. No doubt that phone still exists and is hidden somewhere on or near the compound.

I disagree. That phone is long gone Too incriminating to keep it around...IMHO

Me either. But it's just 6 days after HE disappeared. In my mind I'd suppose that they killed HE and SM or TM had to dispose of her quickly and in open land. Then in that direction they went to double check or bury her so no one could find her in an open forest towards SM's families home. Which they had time to do that night/day before LE showed up. They would want to have a good reason for their trip so they tah-dah, show up for Christmas at Mom's and Dad's after so many years. Like Cousin Eddy did in Christmas Vacation. Why are they here now?

I think SM bought the cigar to make HE feel like they were going somewhere to celebrate.

In the past....when smoking was socially acceptable....new Dads traditionally passed out cigars to friends and family when their babies were born. The bands around the cigars were blue for a boy...pink for a girl. Hospital gift shops sold cigars by the pink and blue boxes back in those days for just that purpose. It was a way to announce the gender of a newborn. And often the new Dad smoked a celebratory cigar right after the Dr. came out to the waiting room to tell him he had a new child. I've had the thought that maybe SM bought the cigar as an unconscious salute to that old fashioned tradition. I have always believed that SM really liked Heather in his own twisted,limited way, and he secretly might have been a little bit pleased that he got her pregnant. SM's ego was battered and bruised by TM on a daily basis, so having the interest of a young and beautiful girl like Heather must've been a huge boost to his feelings about his manhood.

I disagree. That phone is long gone Too incriminating to keep it around...IMHO

I think not only the phone, but anything belonging to Heather has been destroyed.
Her body is most likely no where near SM/TM's home, nor that of their parents.
Why leave any evidence at these properties, that in time, may be discovered.
MOO.

I think they have this case already. There's no choice but to answer the question of where's HE.

I think not only the phone, but anything belonging to Heather has been destroyed.
Her body is most likely no where near SM/TM's home, nor that of their parents.
Why leave any evidence at these properties, that in time, may be discovered.
MOO.

I agree with the theory that Heather was put in the LB dumpster. To me that makes the most sense.

Has it ever been discussed here whether Heather may have been held alive somewhere for some time before she was killed? I hope it didn't happen this way but does anyone think it is a possibility? It may change where she was disposed.

Francis Marion NF has always popped in my mind .. I go to north myrtle Beach/NC area yearly to visit my hubby's family and I'm always thinking of Heather when we are in the MB area touring around .. that national forest covers a lot of land, however, when I think back to the evidence, I feel she never left Longbeards ... I'm just so sick that no one will break the silence on where she is!
If she never left Longbeards, why did TM & SM leave her car at PTL? It's so close to their house it seems counterintuitive to me. What's your theory about Longbeards? And does the video surveillance of the M's truck match that? Lots for me to think about...

If she never left Longbeards, why did TM & SM leave her car at PTL? It's so close to their house it seems counterintuitive to me. What's your theory about Longbeards? And does the video surveillance of the M's truck match that? Lots for me to think about...

If they'd left her car at Longbeard's, the dumpster likely would have been searched. They didn't know she'd even been to LB until quite a while later, when they saw it on her phone ping records.

If her car had been left at LB, that's where the searches would have been. So if in the dumpster, she would have been found. I do think the plan was to leave her car at the apartment, but maybe they saw cameras, or something they thought was cameras, or saw open curtains and someone might see them. The areas of concern so far have been where there was no witnesses, no chance of anyone seeing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C