GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also does anyone recall if the information on the police report was correct where it stated she had been in the hospital on December 17th?
View attachment 151137
(RSBM)

Horry County police chief gives update on probe into Heather Elvis disappearance

"Elvis did not go to Conway Medical Center as the incident report originally states. Investigators have since learned that Heather Elvis was a different person with the same name, Squires said."

I can personally vouch for the above information as well. The "other Heather Elvis" lives in Conway, SC and is the niece of someone I know.

Horry County police chief gives update on probe into Heather Elvis disappearance

Does anyone know the date Heather had a black eye? Also does anyone recall if the information on the police report was correct where it stated she had been in the hospital on December 17th? Why do initial reports say that the calls were as late as 6 am?

View attachment 151137

Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18
Jessica Cooke, who was Elvis’ supervisor at the former Broadway at the Beach restaurant Tilted Kilt in Myrtle Beach, took the stand as the first witness, and she talked about the relationship budding between Moorer and Elvis.

Elvis was a hostess and Moorer a maintenance man who would bring her coffee and bagels, Cooke said.

The relationship ended in October 2013, and Elvis showed up with bruises and a black eye around the time it concluded, Cooke said.

Elvis gave her different scenarios as to how she was injured, first saying she hit herself with her car door, then claimed she was jumped in the Wal-Mart parking lot and stabbed her attacker to defend herself, Cooke said.

Elvis also began gaining weight and went up several clothing sizes. She took a pregnancy test at the Tilted Kilt, but the test was inconclusive and read error instead of a clear result, Cooke said.

Eventually Elvis faced some backlash from other girls at the restaurant because of her involvement with Moorer, a married man, and Elvis also became fearful after receiving harassing calls from Tammy Moorer and worried she would come to the restaurant, witnesses said.
Sidney Moorer trial: Witnesses think Heather Elvis may have been pregnant

I found this tweet that was obviously tweeted after I'd retired for the day on Friday!!
sigh-smiley.gif
Nevertheless, I'm really thrilled to have a tweet to post for you all...more to come in approx. 9hrs!!!!
bliss-smiley.gif
computer-man-smiley.gif

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis Oct 12
The family of Heather Elvis opened up to me about being back in court, after testimony wrapped up this afternoon. @wpdeabc15

f0zFhY8B

'It's gotten harder:' Heather Elvis' family opens up about being back in court

Monday, October 15th:
*Trial Continues (Day 6) (@ 9:15am ET) - SC - Heather Rachel Elvis (20) (Dec. 19, 2013; never found) - Tammy Caison Moorer (41/now 45) charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (April 27, 2018) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty.
9/17/18 Update: South Carolina’s Supreme Court rejected an effort by Horry County prosecutors to move the cases of Sidney and Tammy Moorer under one judge. The decision seemingly paves the way for Tammy Moorer’s trial related to the kidnapping of Heather Elvis to move forward next week on 10/8. Defense filed motion for change of venue, but were denied.
Skipping Day 1 thru 4.... getting long! :)
10/12/18 Update Day 5: State witnesses: David Quantt, works at DNS Site Work near Peachtree Landing. Their offices have cameras that show their parking lot, Mill Pond Road and passing traffic on the road. Grant Fredericks, a forensic video analyst. Court will resume at 9:15 Monday morning (10/15).

I found this tweet that was obviously tweeted after I'd retired for the day on Friday!!
sigh-smiley.gif
Nevertheless, I'm really thrilled to have a tweet to post for you all...more to come in approx. 9hrs!!!!
bliss-smiley.gif
computer-man-smiley.gif

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis Oct 12
The family of Heather Elvis opened up to me about being back in court, after testimony wrapped up this afternoon. @wpdeabc15

f0zFhY8B

'It's gotten harder:' Heather Elvis' family opens up about being back in court

Wow, the Elvises are much better people than I could be.

They said their thoughts extend to Moorer herself, who has never faced a jury for the kidnapping charges before, much less been found guilty.

"I forgave the Moorers a long time ago," Morgan explained. "It's not my burden to carry."

www.wpde.com/news/local/its-gotten-harder-heather-elvis-family-opens-up-about-being-back-in-court

Wow, the Elvises are much better people than I could be.

They said their thoughts extend to Moorer herself, who has never faced a jury for the kidnapping charges before, much less been found guilty.

"I forgave the Moorers a long time ago," Morgan explained. "It's not my burden to carry."

www.wpde.com/news/local/its-gotten-harder-heather-elvis-family-opens-up-about-being-back-in-court
That article is a sucker punch to the gut in places.

"Morgan[n] mentioned a phrase someone used that particularly stung: 'It's not like the world stops turning. Saying that in any situation in front of family of a victim is horrible,' she said."

Does anyone know the approximate date Sidney and Heather met? Was it roughly April?
From the timeline thread:
Jun 27: Heather began working at the House of Blues
Jul 7: Heather tweeted about her attraction to "the guy who builds things at my job"
Jul 10: Heather tweeted that "Sydney will be there" so she had to make an appearance, later tweeting that she was in too deep but watch her get deeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
restfulmedsuk