Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, but I am hoping Tugela can explain the logics involved.

Fair enough - but the people who took a poly were all people that were in that house within a very close timeframe of Hailey going " missing".

This case has always made me really upset inside.

Did Shawn murder Hailey? Was it both of them?

Why would she blame him if she did help with any part of it ? If she knew he did something why would she hide it ,unless she helped ? Then if she helped why would she blame him? She would get caught up then. It is illogical.

I firmly believe Billie has no clue what happen to Hailey. I am not sure if Shawn does or not, however due to the info in the case I tend to give him the benefit of doubt .

The fact this case has went on as long as it has with FBI investing, leads me to believe that benefit doubt is not unreasonable. Which is what leads me to why I get so upset.

I feel because SA looks like a good suspect ,that everyone has closed their minds to the fact that ANYTHING could have happened to Hailey. Really there are like 5 different issues in her case .

So, what do consider the 5 issue are?

[/B]

So, what do consider the 5 issue are?

I just typed a long post in response to this and lost it, So in short ..

Everything LE denied happened seems to draw a picture of Hailey Dunn texting her friend in the yard ,walking halfway to her dads and then on to her friends house and then across the yard of the witness ,on to being seen at a later time in the day and then the hotel, where the dog hit .

The rumors being reported in first few days seem more believable then the denial of them by LE.

I have to work hard at discounting these rumors solely on the fact LE says most of the events are not corroborated and believe then they took dogs to six hotels without a lead to take them there ,AND happened to get a hit. JMO.

Poor Hailey....I thought for sure once her remains were found, justice would be swift. I don't know what to think anymore, although I do think the investigation got fubar'ed from day one.
Sometimes I think one of my own out of the box theories (some based on rumor and/or imagination)...could very well be what did happen. And those theories include other players besides the two I have had at the top of my list since the git go.... there are some strange going on's in that town, I have ascertained over time.

it's just a crying shame this child had to die at the hand of someone(s) walking free today
ah dear Hailey, will never ever forget you

In all honesty its hard to answer given what we are and aren't allowed to say on this forum. I personally believe LE have more evidence than you would think. We can not talk about things on here unless they have been in the media but I personally do not believe it was a happy time in that house before Hailey went "missing."

^^^^This.is.exactly.how.I.feel. So many things are off limits. Hopefully, one day all that is hidden can be revealed. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I just typed a long post in response to this and lost it, So in short ..

Everything LE denied happened seems to draw a picture of Hailey Dunn texting her friend in the yard ,walking halfway to her dads and then on to her friends house and then across the yard of the witness ,on to being seen at a later time in the day and then the hotel, where the dog hit .

The rumors being reported in first few days seem more believable then the denial of them by LE.

I have to work hard at discounting these rumors solely on the fact LE says most of the events are not corroborated and believe then they took dogs to six hotels without a lead to take them there ,AND happened to get a hit. JMO.

That is the thing about the dogs. BD claimed they went from her house, to CDs house, then to MB, then the hotel, and that seems like something reasonable.

But LE claimed they went directly to the hotels, and only there. Why? Why would they do that? It is a really strange course of action to take without anything to prompt it.

Assuming they are not lying, the only explanation that would make sense is that they had been told something that led them to believe that she might be found there, or evidence of her might be found there. Obviously this would not be pick up free wifi as some have suggested, it would have to be because she might be meeting someone there. No other explanation seems reasonable to me.

That would feed into BDs odd behaviour the next day in suddenly calling DD the next day to have him tell HD to come home. If there was nothing unusual or exceptional about HD overnighting somewhere, why would BD suddenly decide to lay down the law when she got to work that day? Something was troubling her and she was attempting to reign HD in. I think she thought that HD did not go the MBs house, and instead had maybe gone somewhere else. And BD had had enough.

Then there was the claim that CD really really wanted to look at the CCV footage from the hotel to see if he recognized anyone. Again, looking for confirmation of a suspected face IMO. Otherwise, why would be so important?

And SA suspects something as well. He alluded to HDs interest in the opposite sex (according to LE), and in the poly came up positive for believing HD was in Snyder. That doesn't mean that he put her there, but could mean that he thought that is where she may have gone. A poly will show what someone believes to be true, not what they know is true. So, who is in Snyder that HD might reasonably have run off to?

*edit* Also, DD breaking in when he found a locked door that day on returning home. Why would he do that? Thinking like a teenage boy, I suspect that the real reason is that be thought he was going to catch his sister in the act. A teenage boy would get a big kick out of that and would have no hesitation in sneaking in under those conditions. I don't believe he banged on the door as claimed, but rather he tried it, found it locked, and broke in to surprise her, but instead she was gone and he surprised SA instead. Which implies that he had reason to believe that something was going on, and not with SA who would normally have been at work at that time.

They all appear to think that HD had run off with someone, and someone in particular.

Of course we don't know for sure what exactly all happened with the dogs, or why it all went down the way it apparently did, but those four things got me thinking about why HD might have been at risk that day, it certainly looks like something was going on that no one is being open about, and it also looks like LE knows what that might be.

There is a bunch of other stuff too, that all sort of plays into that scenario. I have been giving this a some thought recently, and it seems to me that most of what we know or has been reported sort of fits together. Bits and pieces, but they seem to fit a consistent general shell that is quite different to the generic "SA did it" most people appear to have bought into. There is still too much missing though to call it for sure though, but I think there is an answer that isn't far away. I just get this really strong vibe that they all (or most of them anyway) suspect something that they are not sharing with us (but may be sharing to a greater or lesser extent with LE).

Maybe it is just proof that is missing, all they have at the moment is suspicion, and that is not enough to burn bridges.

That is the thing about the dogs. BD claimed they went from her house, to CDs house, then to MB, then the hotel, and that seems like something reasonable.

But LE claimed they went directly to the hotels, and only there. Why? Why would they do that? It is a really strange course of action to take without anything to prompt it.

Assuming they are not lying, the only explanation that would make sense is that they had been told something that led them to believe that she might be found there, or evidence of her might be found there. Obviously this would not be pick up free wifi as some have suggested, it would have to be because she might be meeting someone there. No other explanation seems reasonable to me.

That would feed into BDs odd behaviour the next day in suddenly calling DD the next day to have him tell HD to come home. If there was nothing unusual or exceptional about HD overnighting somewhere, why would BD suddenly decide to lay down the law when she got to work that day? Something was troubling her and she was attempting to reign HD in. I think she thought that HD did not go the MBs house, and instead had maybe gone somewhere else. And BD had had enough.

Then there was the claim that CD really really wanted to look at the CCV footage from the hotel to see if he recognized anyone. Again, looking for confirmation of a suspected face IMO. Otherwise, why would be so important?

And SA suspects something as well. He alluded to HDs interest in the opposite sex (according to LE), and in the poly came up positive for believing HD was in Snyder. That doesn't mean that he put her there, but could mean that he thought that is where she may have gone. A poly will show what someone believes to be true, not what they know is true. So, who is in Snyder that HD might reasonably have run off to?

*edit* Also, DD breaking in when he found a locked door that day on returning home. Why would he do that? Thinking like a teenage boy, I suspect that the real reason is that be thought he was going to catch his sister in the act. A teenage boy would get a big kick out of that and would have no hesitation in sneaking in under those conditions. I don't believe he banged on the door as claimed, but rather he tried it, found it locked, and broke in to surprise her, but instead she was gone and he surprised SA instead. Which implies that he had reason to believe that something was going on, and not with SA who would normally have been at work at that time.

They all appear to think that HD had run off with someone, and someone in particular.

Of course we don't know for sure what exactly all happened with the dogs, or why it all went down the way it apparently did, but those four things got me thinking about why HD might have been at risk that day, it certainly looks like something was going on that no one is being open about, and it also looks like LE knows what that might be.

There is a bunch of other stuff too, that all sort of plays into that scenario. I have been giving this a some thought recently, and it seems to me that most of what we know or has been reported sort of fits together. Bits and pieces, but they seem to fit a consistent general shell that is quite different to the generic "SA did it" most people appear to have bought into. There is still too much missing though to call it for sure though, but I think there is an answer that isn't far away. I just get this really strong vibe that they all (or most of them anyway) suspect something that they are not sharing with us (but may be sharing to a greater or lesser extent with LE).

Maybe it is just proof that is missing, all they have at the moment is suspicion, and that is not enough to burn bridges.

Ok so from this paragraph you said that in a polygraph a person will say what they believe to be true...so if that's the case why when LE asked who they should look at why did he say he and Billie?

You also said why would DD break into the house. Well quite simply possibly because he thought his sister could be at risk and wanted to make sure she was alright.

About this "There is a bunch of other stuff too, that all sort of plays into that scenario. I have been giving this a some thought recently, and it seems to me that most of what we know or has been reported sort of fits together. Bits and pieces, but they seem to fit a consistent general shell that is quite different to the generic "SA did it" most people appear to have bought into. There is still too much missing though to call it for sure though, but I think there is an answer that isn't far away. I just get this really strong vibe that they all (or most of them anyway) suspect something that they are not sharing with us (but may be sharing to a greater or lesser extent with LE). " remember...maybe if people have bought into Shawn being guilty it could be because of other things that they have learnt for themselves or that has come out into the open but not in the media so it cant be discussed here.

If one knew their daughter/sister had been sneaking to see someone, and then went missing, why would it still be a secret? What's the reasoning there? There had to be phone contact with said person, so where is that info?

If one knew their daughter/sister had been sneaking to see someone, and then went missing, why would it still be a secret? What's the reasoning there? There had to be phone contact with said person, so where is that info?

As usual, no reasoning at all. There are those who mistakenly believe that a phantom suspect is loose in Colorado City. :banghead:

Because it's somebody they're afraid of?

I grew up in a small town, and if it was somebody like the banker's son, or the chief of police's grandson (those are examples from my high school; I don't know if such people exist in Hailey's town), most people would be afraid to say anything, and if they did, they would assume they would not be believed, even if everybody in town knew it.

It might also be an event, not a person. Like she snuck out to go to a drinking party and something bad happened there.

Or both.

Who buys for the underage drinking parties in Colorado City? In my high school, it was the squeaky clean three-sport letterman whose mother was deceased and father traveled on business. Two or three times a month at Jack's house, big party. Everybody looked the other way.

I don't know whether anything similar happened that night, but I can sure picture plenty of possibilities.

Because it's somebody they're afraid of?

I grew up in a small town, and if it was somebody like the banker's son, or the chief of police's grandson (those are examples from my high school; I don't know if such people exist in Hailey's town), most people would be afraid to say anything, and if they did, they would assume they would not be believed, even if everybody in town knew it.

It might also be an event, not a person. Like she snuck out to go to a drinking party and something bad happened there.

Or both.

Who buys for the underage drinking parties in Colorado City? In my high school, it was the squeaky clean three-sport letterman whose mother was deceased and father traveled on business. Two or three times a month at Jack's house, big party. Everybody looked the other way.

I don't know whether anything similar happened that night, but I can sure picture plenty of possibilities.

Well I can't imagine CD would be so afraid of someone he thought killed his daughter. If I thought it, I wouldn't care if they came after me. I couldn't even pretend I didn't know. But that's the mother in me. Since the media was all over this early on, that could have stirred up a firestorm, depending on who was named. I don't know what happened, but I could never roll over and play stupid with my child gone or dead.

Well I can't imagine CD would be so afraid of someone he thought killed his daughter. If I thought it, I wouldn't care if they came after me. I couldn't even pretend I didn't know. But that's the mother in me. Since the media was all over this early on, that could have stirred up a firestorm, depending on who was named. I don't know what happened, but I could never roll over and play stupid with my child gone or dead.

I was thinking of a situation where you only had suspicions, not knowledge.

has anyone asked D her brother, who he thinks might have killed her? I mean have there been any interviews by LE or in general where he has spoken out on the subject? I know he is a minor but Im sure he has an opinion and he was the closest to her....?

Can we post again Kimster?

Well it's unlocked folks, Kimster is a busy woman lol.

Any news on Hailey's case? Anyone?

Only years later, after she had broken up with him. That is just spite from an ex. What counts is what she did in the time after HD went missing, and no fingers were pointed then.

I don't think she knows what happened to HD, but she had a suspicion IMO, and it clearly wasn't SA she was suspicious of. They all had suspicions, but didn't want to say, that is why so many were failing their polys, and why the Texas Rangers were getting frustrated with them early on in the case. I think the county LE didn't understand that nuance, so they went off on a wild goose chase after SA that got them nowhere. They were simple cops who thought that fail = guilty, but fail can = other things too and that was too much for them to get their heads around, and consider other possibilities.

There was something else going on with HD IMO, and it had nothing to do with SA.

It is really strange how you're defending a person who threatened to kill, was into beastiality, gore *advertiser censored*, serial killers, violence, who would pace outside of Hailey's room, spying through the doorknob hole, scaring her, who failed his polygraph, who lied repeatedly, who told LE that Hailey would be found in Scurry County, and that both he and BJD were responsible.

What was "going on" with Hailey is that she was trapped in a home with violent, deviant drug users who killed her. Which one of them struck the killing blow doesn't much matter to me - they were both there, and they conspired to cover up their crime, which is why they never pointed the finger at each other.

I believe SA was molesting Hailey, and BJD either caught him in the act and killed Hailey out of jealousy, or actually participated in mutual, drug fueled child sexual abuse that went too far.

Every time either of them opens their mouth, you can see the lies, even if you know nothing of statement analysis. We can only hope that they remain free because the DA wants an airtight case, to make sure that they both fry for what they did. Moo.

Rest well, dear Hailey.

What on earth are you implying that DD was "trying to catch his sister in the act of"?

DD was clear. The door was locked, which was not the normal. He knocked loudly and no one responded, so he entered through a previously broken area and ran into SA in the hall with a "deer in the headlights" look, at which point DD continued to his room.

I see no reason to regard his memory of events as false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshg686