Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth are you implying that DD was "trying to catch his sister in the act of"?

DD was clear. The door was locked, which was not the normal. He knocked loudly and no one responded, so he entered through a previously broken area and ran into SA in the hall with a "deer in the headlights" look, at which point DD continued to his room.

I see no reason to regard his memory of events as false.

DD was not clear at all since he said nothing. That was CDs account, the affidavit was silent on what DD himself said. There was also a second boy there, and again, LE did not say what HE had witnessed. Then later BD provided us with a completely different account of what DD supposedly said.

Instead of using the primary witnesses, who were available, LE instead chose to use hearsay from a third party. Why on earth would they do that? What that tells me is that the hearsay was incriminating, but what the primary witnesses had to say was not. And since they wanted incriminating, they used the hearsay and ignored the primary witnesses. You can conclude therefore that the account given in the affidavit is not accurate.

I don't believe there was any banging. IMO DD encountered a locked door and snuck in. You could speculate why he would do that, and I have provided a reason. Having been a teenaged boy with a slightly younger sister in the past, I can assure you that is exactly what they would have thought if they encountered a locked door when it was unusual. They would have expected to find something illicit or naughty going on, and there is only one person DD would have expected to find there at that time of the day on a work day. Connect the dots. He might have told CD that he banged on the door, as a way of explaining why he broke in, but I doubt that is really what happened.

In the process of entering through the window he caused a disturbance that would have sounded to SA as if someone was breaking into the house. So of course SA would have been very apprehensive when he went to investigate. If there was "banging" on the door, SA would have gone to answer it. Why would he respond to someone entering through a window but not DD banging on the door when in that situation it would have been obvious that it was DD that was breaking in? HD was not in the house so it is not as though he had to hide anything. If there was a cleanup in progress or a dead body in the living room, surely DD and his friend would have noticed? SA was not hiding anything. He left soon afterwards to pick BD up from work, so anything there would still be there since the window of opportunity for SA to have done anything was only about 30 minutes. Not enough time to really even do a crime, let alone get rid of a body and clean everything up. If SA had killed HD, her body would still have been in the house while DD and his friend were alone there after SA left. But they apparently made no mention of anything like that. And SA and BD did some socializing after he picked her up as well, so he clearly was not too concerned about the boys finding anything. That tells me there was nothing for them to find.

The account in the affidavit does not add up. IMO the door SA came in was not the same door DD found locked, so he did not know it was locked. SA probably came in the same door HD went out from, and that one was not locked.

If one knew their daughter/sister had been sneaking to see someone, and then went missing, why would it still be a secret? What's the reasoning there? There had to be phone contact with said person, so where is that info?

I agree, if BD knew about "someone" else, she would have been yelling it from the rooftops! I mean SA even went as far as to say Hailey was "promiscuous", why would either one of them not "out" a potential love interest?

I agree, if BD knew about "someone" else, she would have been yelling it from the rooftops! I mean SA even went as far as to say Hailey was "promiscuous", why would either one of them not "out" a potential love interest?

There's lots missing from Hailey's story. I also think she would have told one of her friends, if she was having a "relationship". If it wasn't a forbidden type thing, why would she hide it? I doubt things were too strict around that house. Nobody has mentioned anybody.

Are we EVER going to have answers to any of these questions?

It sure doesn't seem like it and it is so unfair to Hailey. I really hope and pray they arrest someone soon and convict them for murdering this precious girl. It is all so wrong and it really angers me that they haven't gotten justice for Hailey yet. Not enough that she was murdered , but now the killer walks away free. NOT Okay!

There has not been any evidence of HD having any relationship with a boy. Nor is there any evidence HD was promiscuous. There IS PLENTY of EVIDENCE SA & BD were into kinky stuff. Let's stick to the facts in this case as I hope LE is doing and hopefully building a case against the person/persons who murdered HD.

:goodpost:

There has not been any evidence of HD having any relationship with a boy. Nor is there any evidence HD was promiscuous. There IS PLENTY of EVIDENCE SA & BD were into kinky stuff. Let's stick to the facts in this case as I hope LE is doing and hopefully building a case against the person/persons who murdered HD.

I am not aware of any evidence that SA or BD were "into kinky stuff". Just saying stuff like that because you don't like those two does not make it so.

HD being interested in sex does not make her "promiscuous". It makes her a normal teenager, when experimentation with drugs and sex is something that pretty much all of them consider (and usually do) at one point or another. At that age not being interested in sex would be highly abnormal, and HD does not appear to be abnormal. There is nothing to suggest that she is or was "promiscuous". The definition of promiscuous is "Having casual sexual relations frequently with different partners; indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners.". That is a word used by LE in their affidavit, and presumably reflects their personal world view, but there was zero evidence to support that. Apparently in their interviews SA thought that she was having some sort of an intimate relationship with someone, but LE were the ones that translated that into "promiscuous". Perhaps they would have made more progress in their investigation if they had looked into who that someone was, rather than the single minded focus they locked onto SA with.

You are forgetting one very important and undeniable fact: HD is dead and her body was dumped in a remote spot out in the bush. 99% of the time (give or take) when this happens to a teenaged girl the reason is either sex or drugs. And like it or not, both of these things were mentioned in the affidavit, and apparently not only by SA.

Hailey has been coming to my mind a lot lately, I am sad there seems to be no movement on her case.

Thinking of Hailey tonight.

I am not aware of any evidence that SA or BD were "into kinky stuff". Just saying stuff like that because you don't like those two does not make it so.

HD being interested in sex does not make her "promiscuous". It makes her a normal teenager, when experimentation with drugs and sex is something that pretty much all of them consider (and usually do) at one point or another. At that age not being interested in sex would be highly abnormal, and HD does not appear to be abnormal. There is nothing to suggest that she is or was "promiscuous". The definition of promiscuous is "Having casual sexual relations frequently with different partners; indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners.". That is a word used by LE in their affidavit, and presumably reflects their personal world view, but there was zero evidence to support that. Apparently in their interviews SA thought that she was having some sort of an intimate relationship with someone, but LE were the ones that translated that into "promiscuous". Perhaps they would have made more progress in their investigation if they had looked into who that someone was, rather than the single minded focus they locked onto SA with.

You are forgetting one very important and undeniable fact: HD is dead and her body was dumped in a remote spot out in the bush. 99% of the time (give or take) when this happens to a teenaged girl the reason is either sex or drugs. And like it or not, both of these things were mentioned in the affidavit, and apparently not only by SA.

To be honest if people think that it doesn't mean its simply because they dont like Shawn or Billie. I believe the comment made was totally valid given what has come out.

poor Hailey, dear child... I am so sad she is having to wait for justice.

I had opportunity to speak with some people from Hobbs & Lovington NM this week. I know those names are familiar to (many) of you. In the course of general conversation, I thought hmm, let me ask ,they prolly have no clue.....
So, have you ever heard of Hailey Dunn? And they all immediately said Oh Yes!! We have!! poor kid, those people, Why in the world _____ and /or ______ is/are not in jail we just can't figure out, it is so messed up, no arrests after all this time....

it was sadly nice to see she is still thought of, by people I had no idea knew about her:(

Any locals still around? If so will you call a reporter or LE and ask for a update?

Hey all, decided to stop lurking and come out of the dark, so i'm a bit of a newbie at this.

is there any movement on this case at all? Breaks my heart that its been well over a year since Hailey was found and still no arrests. Got all my fingers crossed that something happens soon, this little girl needs justice.

:moo:

Hey all, decided to stop lurking and come out of the dark, so i'm a bit of a newbie at this.

is there any movement on this case at all? Breaks my heart that its been well over a year since Hailey was found and still no arrests. Got all my fingers crossed that something happens soon, this little girl needs justice.

:moo:

Hey Zebra. :wagon:

I haven't heard anything newsworthy recently, but I'm not a local. So, I guess I'm no help at all.
:sigh:

What would have been Hailey's 17th birthday is coming up on August 28th.

We know how we will remember Hailey; will there be a public acknowledgement of her murder and the current status of this case?

This is a question for those of you who have followed other cases. Why haven't the remains been returned to the family? Testing has to be complete. Who has control of remains? Are they still at the lab in Fort Worth or have they been sent to SO in Snyder? The only plausible explanation that I can come up with is there is trauma to the skeleton. If and when there is a defense team, they would be allowed to perform their own examination. Any other reasons y'all can think of?

This is a question for those of you who have followed other cases. Why haven't the remains been returned to the family? Testing has to be complete. Who has control of remains? Are they still at the lab in Fort Worth or have they been sent to SO in Snyder? The only plausible explanation that I can come up with is there is trauma to the skeleton. If and when there is a defense team, they would be allowed to perform their own examination. Any other reasons y'all can think of?
Because no matter what LE THINKS, they have no evidence yet on anybody. There are thoughts and suspicions. There was lying and hiding by some from day 1. There's one thing about it, that child did not take herself there and lie down and die. Until people close to this child tell the truth, and tell it all, it may stay this way. I don't think they'll just release her remains in case somebody tells the truth. Any defense lawyer would want a brand new autopsy and inspection.

MOO

Thinking of you Hailey ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members