Has a Lawyer been hired? Yup** Joe Tacopina and unknown local female counsel

How can he say it doesn't matter? I most certainly think it matters!

Of course it matters, but as a defense atty, JT cannot say it does because that apparently will be DB's defense. I want to say its a weak one but I dont dare.........:sick:

How can he say it doesn't matter? I most certainly think it matters!
In the link provided upthread, Joe basically said that it doesn't matter because the timeline is substantiated by other witnesses. Oh really?

I don't believe that "we've" been privy to any timeline substantiation by other witnesses (yet). As far as I've seen, even Jeremy hasn't been reported in the media to give any times at all (except for 3:30am arriving home after work)! And the neighbor, likewise, who hasn't been on camera yet at all that I know of, nor had any account relayed to the media.

And, of course (and maybe second most importantly), the 2 boys' accounts have not been in the media. I've read different stories whether they were allowed to be questioned by LE once...or none.

Where is Lisa? :blowkiss:

I have the utmost faith in LE and FBI...they will solve this crime. :)

Thought people might be interested to see Joe in all his double speaking spin glory...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGUsvewXws"]Joran van der Sloot Suspected in Peru Muder - YouTube[/ame]

Personally, I don't believe one word that comes out of this fellows mouth and I think it is looking more likely there will be an arrest soon.

In the link provided upthread, Joe basically said that it doesn't matter because the timeline is substantiated by other witnesses. Oh really?

I don't believe that "we've" been privy to any timeline substantiation by other witnesses (yet). As far as I've seen, even Jeremy hasn't been reported in the media to give any times at all (except for 3:30am arriving home after work)! And the neighbor, likewise, who hasn't been on camera yet at all that I know of, nor had any account relayed to the media.

And, of course (and maybe second most importantly), the 2 boys' accounts have not been in the media. I've read different stories whether they were allowed to be questioned by LE once...or none.

Where is Lisa? :blowkiss:

I have the utmost faith in LE and FBI...they will solve this crime. :)
I'm not understanding why 'we' NEED to be privy to this info?:waitasec:

Did everyone notice during the presser yesterday that Joe Tacopina actually came right out and said that "these parents are grieving the loss of their daughter"? Then, he quickly added that "he hoped she would be returned to them". JT knows the truth about what happened to Lisa and now it's his job to get them and/or keep them out of hot water. He is a master of spin! jmo

Did everyone notice during the presser yesterday that Joe Tacopina actually came right out and said that "these parents are grieving the loss of their daughter"? Then, he quickly added that "he hoped she would be returned to them". JT knows the truth about what happened to Lisa and now it's his job to get them and/or keep them out of hot water. He is a master of spin! jmo

I believe it was the lady lawyer that they were also talking to and didn't retain that said something to the same effect on the JJP program. That they were grieving the death of their child. :waitasec:

I didn't watch the program but I believe this was posted in the thread for it. Did she really say that?

MOO

It is an interesting usage, but I think that slices the bologna a bit thin, as they say. It depends on which dictionary one uses, but a frequently given first meaning for the word 'grieve' is something along the lines of, "To cause to be sorrowful; distress." Connotatively, we do think of someone's death when we hear the word; denotatively, it does not have to carry that meaning.

I think JT is backing a losing horse in this race. From the comments I have read on the different local television stations online, to the ones on FB and twitter, these parent's are quickly becoming unpopular among locals.

How do you go from not being able to pay your phone bill, to hiring a lawyer that charges 750.00 an hour?

I believe he could have done more damage control a week ago, in the week it took him "to make up my mind whether or not to take this case" the public's perception of the parents went down hill quickly. MOO

I believe it was the lady lawyer that they were also talking to and didn't retain that said something to the same effect on the JJP program. That they were grieving the death of their child. :waitasec:

I didn't watch the program but I believe this was posted in the thread for it. Did she really say that?

MOO

Yes, Kathleen Zellner mentioned that, and I believe that it's the reason that she did not want to become involved in the case. jmo

I think JT is backing a losing horse in this race. From the comments I have read on the different local television stations online, to the ones on FB and twitter, these parent's are quickly becoming unpopular among locals.

How do you go from not being able to pay your phone bill, to hiring a lawyer that charges 750.00 an hour?

I believe he could have done more damage control a week ago, in the week it took him "to make up my mind whether or not to take this case" the public's perception of the parents went down hill quickly. MOO

It's not that hard to figure out, everybody in the industry knows how much was paid out to the Anthonys moneywise. Joe knows he's in for a piece of that pie.

Considering that pretty much everyone with an opinion about the Holloway case believes Joran is guilty, doesn't that mean JT is not that good at spin? I know Joran isn't in jail for what happened to Natalee, so that's a "win" right there, but he definitely doesn't have a good reputation in the media.

It's not that hard to figure out, everybody in the industry knows how much was paid out to the Anthonys moneywise. Joe knows he's in for a piece of that pie.

People in "the industry" have known how much money can be made off of high profile cases years before the Anthony case came along. If the Anthonys got paid to do TV appearances, then so did the all the other families in high profile cases who came before them. Even if WE didn't hear about the case players getting paid, you can be sure people in "the industry" knew.

I don't get all the posts that act like the Anthony case started the missing child business; that's been happening for a long time before them. The Anthony case came after a decade+ of 24/7 media high profile cases so I don't see how much impact it could've had. (This isn't really directed to your post; it's just a general response to posts I've seen)

People in "the industry" have known how much money can be made off of high profile cases years before the Anthony case came along. If the Anthonys got paid to do TV appearances, then so did the all the other families in high profile cases who came before them. Even if WE didn't hear about the case players getting paid, you can be sure people in "the industry" knew.

I don't get all the posts that act like the Anthony case started the missing child business; that's been happening for a long time before them. The Anthony case came after a decade+ of 24/7 media high profile cases so I don't see how much impact it could've had.

The difference is, and maybe you don't know this, is that this was the first time it had been publicly brought out in court the amount that ABC paid Baez/Anthony.

The only reason I mention the Anthony's is because it was the latest and the biggest - no other reason. I wasn't aware there was a 'missing child' business and I'm not sure my comments act like anything, thanks.

Something just dawned on me. This morning JT alluded to the fact that "other things" were taken from the home. Watcha wanna bet her wine run clothes are missing, and JT is doing a preemptive strike here?

The difference is, and maybe you don't know this, is that this was the first time it had been publicly brought out in court the amount that ABC paid Baez/Anthony.

The only reason I mention the Anthony's is because it was the latest and the biggest - no other reason. I wasn't aware there was a 'missing child' business and I'm not sure my comments act like anything, thanks.

I only know about the 250k that ABC paid for the pictures of Caylee. I figured there's been more money going around, but I don't know any specific amount.

The Anthony case might have been the latest case, but it definitely wasn't the biggest case. In terms of social media, yes, but I can think of other cases that had more, or just as much, mainstream media coverage.

Something just dawned on me. This morning JT alluded to the fact that "other things" were taken from the home. Watcha wanna bet her wine run clothes are missing, and JT is doing a preemptive strike here?

Yep, we might hear this or we might hear that her clothes were washed with clorox. I wonder if we will hear that Deborah's pill bottles "disappeared" when the boogeyman came in and abducted Lisa and the cellphones.... with all the lights on in the house.

Deborah may have been prescribed Effexor months or years ago, but her attorney might state that she had recently started taking these pills again. If the bottles were "disappeared", this statement cannot be disproven.

There have been lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies that make newer antidepressants r/t their supposed side effect of aggression/homicidal behavior. Deborah’s attorney could try to use this if LE has evidence proving Deborah is responsible for Lisa’s disappearance/death.

If the pill bottles "disappeared", Tacopino could also state that Deborah was taking Effexor, but recently stopped taking Effexor and THIS caused her to harm her baby (SSRI/SNRI Discontinuation Syndrome can cause altered mental functioning and supposedly, it can cause aggression).

(There have been no solid scientific links made between aggressive/homicidal behavior and the use of SSRIs and SNRIs.)

I only know about the 250k that ABC paid for the pictures of Caylee. I figured there's been more money going around, but I don't know any specific amount.

The Anthony case might have been the latest case, but it definitely wasn't the biggest case. In terms of social media, yes, but I can think of other cases that had more, or just as much, mainstream media coverage.

Okay, I must be tired as I'm not making myself very clear...

Of the cases lately it is the biggest.

I'd be happy just to drop the subject now.

Fox News' Megyn Kelly announced today that Deborah was also on Effexor. (She also takes xanax and drinks alcohol.) This will be Tacopina's defense strategy if necessary:
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/effexor.html
(My client isn't responsible for her behavior because she was taking that bad drug.)

Yep, agreed.

Has anyone else yet come to the conclusion that all the recent interviews were a strategy by Joe?

Sort of like, "okay, you two get out there do these interviews with the major networks, get some cash so you can pay me, get your drunk/meds story out there, I can claim deniability as I'm not officially representing you yet, then in the afternoon when the shiz has hit the fan I'll come onboard do a press conference, advise the press I have told you to stop doing interviews, but in the meantime our msg in out there and no one will be any the wiser."

I'm wondering what day did ol' Joe arrive in KC?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back