HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about decomposing so maybe someone can answer this for me.... If it was heather Elvis, wouldn't they still be able to identify her? Is this someone who has been here much longer

I can't speak for everyone, but the "young girl" remark never made me think "child" in the first place. Unless I'm in a (rare) formal setting, I wouldn't refer to a 20-year old as a "young woman" or "young lady." That's not a reflection of character, by any means. We're just a casual people. Combine that with the he said/she said nature of the comment ("the man CLAIMS A deputy told him"), and I'm just not sure it warrants much discussion. It doesn't really matter what someone MIGHT have said about the remains. Like Ghostwheel said, NamUs has them listed as an adult. :twocents:

Have been reading with you all but not posting since there was a lull in the case and the gag order in place. I do wonder about these remains and the condition they are in. I would imagine, if skeletal at the time the remains were found, could at first glance be a child. Heather was a smaller adult female. However, its very disheartening that whomever the remains are, there is a family out there. Hopefully there will be news soon. Regardless, its so coincidental all the pieces so far. But, I will admit that my mind wanders to that crazy Mickey Mouse fire pit...

If the remains are as a result of inter-familial violence, then there might not be any family awaiting notification from the M.E. Sadly, we know that homicides occur within families and in those cases the family already knows their loved-one is gone and is certainly not looking for them and perhaps is hoping those remains will never be found because one or more persons in the family are culpable. If that is the case with these particular remains, what are the chances DNA or dental records are on file with any government agency if the family doesn't want this person found?

Caddo Parish, Louisiana is in the northeast corner or the state if I'm not mistaken it actually borders both Arkansas and Texas and goes east to Shreveport. It depends on where they were traveling from/to if they would've passed through there on I-20. They could've been on I-20 or I-10 going across (east-west or vice versa) through Louisiana.

Any idea on when they went through there?

Caddo Parish, Louisiana is in the northeast corner or the state if I'm not mistaken it actually borders both Arkansas and Texas and goes east to Shreveport. It depends on where they were traveling from/to if they would've passed through there on I-20. They could've been on I-20 or I-10 going across (east-west or vice versa) through Louisiana.

Any idea on when they went through there?

I don't know if they went through that area. I was wondering if anyone else might know? The article says 6 miles south of Fulton, Arkansas so I was way off thinking much further south. :blushing:

If I recall their Cali trip was before heathers disappearance. No way this is Heather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I've been following along and hoping Heather was found since a couple of weeks after Heather was reported missing. Cheering along when arrests were made and crying with everyone when the news came that she was gone.

Not wanting to just post without anything constructive to add this is my first post. It is so good to finally say hi and thank you all for all that you bring to helping people come home and sending the guilty where they belong.

A body has been found in a Lake in Florence. There isn't a lot of information in the article but it seems like something we can keep an eye on.

Body discovered during search for submerged vehicle in Florence

http://m.wmbfnews.com/wmbfnews/db_3...tentguid=dHU06jF5&storycount=19&detailindex=0

Just thinking about why the testing could be taking so long. Doesn't nameus say that Heather's DNA hasn't been processed yet? That could be one reason that Heather hasn't been ruled in or out. Is it possible they are holding off on processing her DNA and dental records so there is no information to turn over?

In any case, I hope every one is identified, the people responsible (when people are involved) are brought to justice and that families are able to have their loved ones back, even if not in the way we all would wish.

Warm healing hugs to the Elvis' I hope Heather comes home to you soon.

Hello and Welcome Sonnet33! Great to have you with us.
I read the article about the body found in Florence and really can't figure out if they're talking about the body of the man that drowned when his car went into the lake, or if they found another body besides his. Article is about as clear as mud.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_3fd80500-3c20-11e4-a5d5-001a4bcf6878.html

The man who drowned in Florence is a completely unrelated case, that has nothing to do with HE's disappearance.

I read the article about the body found in Florence and really can't figure out if they're talking about the body of the man that drowned when his car went into the lake, or if they found another body besides his. Article is about as clear as mud.

It is an oddly worded article, but I think "the body" they are referring to is the body of the 61 year old man whose vehicle went into the lake. I don't think it means they found an "additional" body while looking for him.

There's an article on WMBF about a body found in Richland County. I'm sorry but I don't know how to link the article on here. I tried and tried and tried.... I don't think it's the one regarding the car under water. And as far as I could tell it hasn't been brought up. Not alot of information that I could find.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member