TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true and reminds me there are so many more victims than I've focused on. I feel terrible for her family, too. I'm sure they feel horrible even being related to her; I would.

The list of people she’s hurt is endless. I just bet she has zero remorse tho. I’ve always felt she really despised Heidi, wished to be Heidi & have Heidi’s life. I don’t mean always despised Heidi but from the time MF’s relationship with CG collapsed, I think she was very jealous. Also, with MF having obvious physical changes that would probably add to her jealousy/hatred, imo.

So 7 threads later, multiple interviews and media articles and we really still know much of nothing other than poor HB is no longer with us and a baby is alive and well and a “best friend” in custody for alleged kidnapping.
That’ll come when she’s formally charged, and we hear about the arrest affidavit. Until then, we probably won’t hear anything new.

(Great, thanks for the prompt response, that nips that one in the bud. :) I had to ask since it crossed my mind a few times and that’s sometimes the case in all those “movies”...)

(ETA: Like in “SWF” when Jennifer Jason Leigh dresses up like Bridget Fonda and sneaks in her boyfriend’s bed :eek: )

(ETA2: Even though there wasn’t a baby abduction in that movie)

(ETA3: But wasn’t Rebecca De Mornay obsessed with the husband in “The Hand That Rocks The Cradle”? I’ll have to check.)

(ETA4: Yes, according to google, she “seduces the husband”.)
I posted this as my theory in last thread. Considering there isn’t a concrete indication of anything being amiss, I have not yet “nipped this theory in the bud”. If MF did in fact pull this all off on her own it sure screams actions of a woman scorned. IMO

I'm not at all surprised by the time baby M is in CPS custody given the recent news of possible paternity concerns. It would be absolute neglect for them not to unequivocally determine parentage at this point. Not doing so, and handing over a baby to the wrong parent would surely end in serious legal action. Patience.
ed:sp

Last edited:
YEAH! Another Canuck on board (waving)

We binge watched yesterday! It’s dark but hey that’s what keeps us going! Enjoy!
Merry Christmas!

I am about 40 minutes in.... some of this show looked familiar, but couldn't figure it out until now (don't want to ruin it for anyone). Canadian connection though.. ugggh!

I feel so bad for baby Margo not being able to go home to her mother but I also feel it's so important to find out the truth about her father. She shouldn't be rushed to SC if there's any question of paternity. None of us should assume we know the truth about that at this point. The truth will come out and she will be placed where she rightfully belongs.

As her mother says, she wants to have the entire family together for Christmas. I'm not going to even entertain the option which is inferred above at this time. I just want bonding, healing among all, and I think that is what her mom is speaking to.

MOO

Broussard's mother, Tammy Broussard, releases statement regarding her daughter's death:

"The family is overwhelmed with grief. We're getting through as a family. We're blessed with having many of Heidi's friends to help and Austin and Lake Charles community have been wonderful with their support and kindness and we're very grateful to them. Tammy Broussard said that with Christmas coming up, their focus is on spending time with Heidi Broussard's 6-year-old son, who has now lost his mother. "She was very loved and we want to do this as a family with his father, Shane, and Grandfather, Ty, and all the others who loved Heidi," she said."

DNA results could confirm soon if baby found alive belongs to murdered Austin mom

not recreational drugs, drug addict, as in no job, no home, doing anything for a buck= drug addict.
I think so too. I think after her divorce then eventual loss of her relationship with CG she plummeted south. As far as her relationship with Heidi, it may have been one-sided with MF commanding a continued friendship & Heidi acquiescing rather than shunning her.
Since MF was eager for SC to be charged, I'd like to hear his impression of MF. I’m guessing he never liked her but tolerated her as Heidi’s friend. all moo

I feel so bad for baby Margo not being able to go home to her mother but I also feel it's so important to find out the truth about her father. She shouldn't be rushed to SC if there's any question of paternity. None of us should assume we know the truth about that at this point. The truth will come out and she will be placed where she rightfully belongs.
I can’t help but feel a little sick, thinking that Margo might be placed with a man who was content to allow SC to raise her and never (apparently) raised concern until all the drama/spotlight came about. I hope SC is biologically Margo’s father but what a sad cloud this uncertainty of paternity is casting for Heidi’s surviving family.

I think so too. I think after her divorce then eventual loss of her relationship with CG she plummeted south. As far as her relationship with Heidi, it may have been one-sided with MF commanding a continued friendship & Heidi acquiescing rather than shunning her.
Since MF was eager for SC to be charged, I'd like to hear his impression of MF. I’m guessing he never liked her but tolerated her as Heidi’s friend. all moo

Yes, agree, MF sounds like she hounded people by calls or text constantly..but 'wedding planning' is there any proof she earned income since her arrest for stealing the 5K? I think MF had a LOT of time on her hands with no children, no husband, no job and was an all out nuisance, as she derailed into what she is now.

Honestly, being a psychopath, she will actually do fine in jail, they don't care..also in jail she has 3 hots and a cot; she no longer has to hustle for that (rent free) roof over her head or find ways to steal money..

I look forward to what SC has to say about MF; since she threw him under the bus for her crime - I am sure there is much more to the story and perhaps stalking Heidi thru the years and Heidi being a sweetheart that couldn't say no or dump MF..I am sure SC has plenty to say ...

Last edited:
I'm guessing she has no one in her life eager for her to be out. I wouldn’t even waste my dime accepting a collect call from her. Moo

Yet, we are finding out through the Patrick Frazee case that jail calls no longer have to be collect as it can't be done through cell phones? Just an "On topic" to follow up more as that was the first I had known of such. Yet it makes sense it cannot be collect anymore with cell phones.

MOO

Yes, agree, MF sounds like she hounded people by calls or text constantly..but 'wedding planning' is there any proof she earned income since her arrest for stealing the 5K? I think MF had a LOT of time on her hands with no children, no husband, no job and was an all out nuisance, as she derailed into what she is now.

Honestly, being a psychopath, she will actually do fine in jail, they don't care..also in jail she has 3 hots and a cot; she no longer has to hustle for that (rent free) roof over her head or find ways to steal or steal money..
I was thinking the same.....like she had her nose all up in everyone’s business, lol. I can’t find record of employment since her check cashing store position. Sounds like she spent a lot of time on the interstate. Have car will travel. Surprised she didn’t drive for Uber.

I'm not at all surprised by the time baby M is in CPS custody given the recent news of possible paternity concerns. It would be absolute neglect for them not to unequivocally determine parentage at this point. Not doing so, an handing over a baby to the wrong parent would surely end in serious legal action. Patience.

This.

Also, it’s not enough to establish who baby M’s parents are/were. They also need to establish who her parents are not. For family court as well as the criminal case. In other words - exclude MF as her mother and CG as her father.

Excluding them as parents will/should require a court ordered DNA test. CG might willingly give his DNA but I doubt MF would agree. I could be wrong about this.

Not sure if the order would come from the family court or criminal court.

I can’t help but feel a little sick, thinking that Margo might be placed with a man who was content to allow SC to raise her and never (apparently) raised concern until all the drama/spotlight came about. I hope SC is biologically Margo’s father but what a sad cloud this uncertainty of paternity is casting for Heidi’s surviving family.
A shame it had to be made public.

It's a wee bit early to claim he was "content" with the situation. He obviously respected that little M belonged to H as well and perhaps wasn't willing to "rock the boat" at this point. However, he also may have serious concerns if little M is his, as to how she will be treated by SC in the future without HB in the picture. Not making any accusations, but this young man obviously knows SC. JMHO

I was thinking the same.....like she had her nose all up in everyone’s business, lol. I can’t find record of employment since her check cashing store position. Sounds like she spent a lot of time on the interstate. Have car will travel. Surprised she didn’t drive for Uber.

Absolutely, what a complete waste. MF could have driven for Uber, walked dogs, volunteered her time in an old age home, worked a job in reception, been an accountant, gone to trade school, been a welder, a mechanic, lab tech, she could have done any number of things with her life. She chose not to, she's a grifter and a con artist..and perhaps drug addict, she's rotten to the core this one..as they say she's a zero value person.

This.

Also, it’s not enough to establish who baby M’s parents are/were. They also need to establish who her parents are not. For family court as well as the criminal case. In other words - exclude MF as her mother and CG as her father.

Excluding them as parents will/should require a court ordered DNA test. CG might willingly give his DNA but I doubt MF would agree. I could be wrong about this.

Not sure if the order would come from the family court or criminal court.
You just raised another possibility I hadn't even considered until now. Sent a shiver up my spine.

My Theory

I have followed this case since it first broke that Heidi Broussard and her newborn baby, Margo, were missing. Given the evidence, I’ve developed a theory on what happened. We will more than likely never understand why Magen did what she did, and there’s no reasonable explanation. I believe that Magen is dealing with some mental health issues or substance abuse problems that were catalysts for what she did. It’s hard to know exactly what happened and there are many questions that I obviously don’t have answers to. Maybe some of you can fill in the blanks.

At approximately 7:50am Heidi Broussard dropped her son, Silas, off at Cowan Elementary in Austin, Texas and proceeded to return home to the Club at Summer Valley apartments off West William Cannon Drive and South First Street. It is presumed that she did not make any stops but she allegedly called her boyfriend Shane at 8am. (There are rumors that she may have stopped at a Starbucks, but it has not been confirmed. If she took West Gate Blvd. to William Canon Drive to return home, there is a Starbucks about halfway in between her home and the school.) This places her back at her apartment at approximately 8:05am – 8:15am.

Once back at the apartment, Heidi takes the diaper bag and baby Margo in her car seat up to their 3rd floor apartment and she lets their dog Zeus out. In the “Jay is 4 Justice” interview Carissa Nolte (Heidi’s good friend) noted that Heidi would routinely just open the front door and let the dog run downstairs to a grassy area that could be seen from her balcony. Zeus is well trained, and he returns to the apartment when she calls him. It is around this time (8:30am) that Carissa claims Heidi received the last text message she’d ever see. Carissa says it was from Magen and it was regarding breastfeeding difficulties. I believe that it is around this time that Magen calls Heidi and “surprises” her by telling her that she is in Austin and nearby with a newborn of her own and wants to see Heidi. She may have asked Heidi to come downstairs to help her or something along those lines. (Magen was probably already in the apartment complex and saw Heidi return home.)

Excitedly, Heidi puts Zeus on the patio because she assumes that Magen will be coming upstairs to hang out for a while, and heads downstairs to meet her, accidentally leaving the door to the apartment open. Heidi is carrying baby Margo in her arms, and she has only her phone and her keys with her. Once downstairs she sees Magen in the backseat on the passenger’s side of the vehicle. A car seat is in the backseat on the driver’s side, and there’s somebody else driving the vehicle. (She may or may not have known this person.) Magen and Heidi exchange greetings and Magen asks Heidi to get in the passenger’s seat to show them where to park. (In apartment complexes such as this many of the parking spots are reserved and visitor parking is sometimes tricky to find.) Heidi agrees to get in the passenger seat holding the baby because she believes that she’s only traveling within the apartment complex, so she isn’t concerned about a car seat for Margo. I don’t believe Heidi would have gotten into the vehicle willingly (which is what was reported by law enforcement) without securing Margo in a car seat and bringing the diaper bag.

At this point I think that Magen has scouted the area with whoever is driving, and they know where they can go in the complex where they more than likely won’t be seen. With Heidi sitting in the passenger’s seat and Magen sitting directly behind her in the backseat, the unthinkable happens. Magen quickly uses a garrote, or something similar, to strangle and murder Heidi right there in the car. Once Heidi is subdued, Margo is moved into the car seat. Magen and her accomplice then immediately leave the apartment complex and go to a predetermined location where they can move Heidi’s body into the trunk of the car. Once the body is moved, they start their journey back to Magen’s home in Houston.

Questions

1) Who was driving the vehicle? It’s being reported that another female has been arrested in connection with the case, and she is being charged with the same crimes as Magen.

<mod snip>

3) From all reports that I’ve seen, it was a black SUV that Heidi willingly got into. Why then was Heidi’s body moved into the trunk of her silver Nissan Versa? Does Chris Green drive a black SUV as neighbors have told the media?

4) Everything about this brazen act seems so well planned and premeditated. Why was their no attempt made by Magen and her accomplice to dispose of Heidi’s remains in the 8 days she was presumably dead?

5) Where was Chris Green (Magen’s boyfriend) during all of this? He has not been charged with anything and he reportedly is the person who called CPS to their home. Did he not question why he wasn’t notified his girlfriend was in labor? Was he not suspicious that Magen showed up with a 2-week-old baby? Chris looks to be biracial, did he not question anything about the baby once he saw her? Did Magen just think that no one would notice the baby’s skin tone?

6) Assuming my theory is correct, how could Chris not question Magen’s vehicle being parked so oddly in the back yard? How did he not detect an odor of decomposition?

7) On the contrary, let’s assume that Heidi WASN’T killed but was kidnapped and held against her will. How could this possibly go unnoticed by Chris?

8) Why has no one been charged with murder?

9) Why did it take Shane so long to call the police? He hadn't been able to reach her for almost 12 hours. He found everything she would have taken with her still in the apartment when he got there around noon. But he waited over 7 hours to call the police.

10) Who is closes enough to Magen to agree to go through with this heinous plan? Who else would benefit from this happening?
Thank you for all the well thought out scenarios. I had not heard that CG is the one who reportedly called CPS. There are certainly lots of details we just don't have answers to yet.

Is this Facebook or Websleuths? I read something over there...and come back to my source WS and see the same thing posted almost verbatim. I'm not only confused but very disappointed. Can we just share the facts and only the verified facts here, please. jmo

I'm giving the victim the benefit of the doubt. I think Heidi knew exactly who the father was, as evidenced by her continued relationship with SC, the couple's pregnancy photos, and ultimately Margo's surname. I think the interloper wants his 15 minutes, and other than a couple of questionable photos I have seen nothing to support his claim, and I haven't seen any of Heidi's friends say anything that would support his contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728