Netherlands Help needed for identification of a specific logo in relation to a Dutch cold case murder/unidentified woman.

Bit of hope

Life is a long lesson in humility.
Reaction score
I made this thread for focus on a particular element in a Dutch cold case murder where the victim still isn't identified.

Can you help identifying this specific logo? Have you ever seen it somewhere? Do you have any ideas about its origin?

1704877655603.png

The police hasn't been able to identify the woman nor the logo. Maybe we can, having more eyes and coming from all over the world.

Relevant information about the logo.
Police noticed on the Tenson jacket that a label had been sewn in the collar to hide a burn mark. The label was quite striking because of the print, and the research team did its best to determine the meaning of the symbol or logo. However, they couldn't and it's still unknown what it stands for. The police still wants to know more about the stitching.

If you want more insights in the case, you can find it here.

I tried googling "circle pine ski resorts" and I got a lot of different logos. Shutter Stock had 9K pics for ski logos. But the more I look at the fabric, I think this came off something like a cloth napkin, table cloth, pillow case, tea towel, something of that sort. The fabric looks like cotton or linen blend. I bet it is a local resort, or restaurant with their own logo. I did read in the link provided that both male and female clothing had "food or restaurant grade food on them" Not sure how they phased it, but I think this is a private logo, not a chain.

I tried googling "circle pine ski resorts" and I got a lot of different logos. Shutter Stock had 9K pics for ski logos. But the more I look at the fabric, I think this came off something like a cloth napkin, table cloth, pillow case, tea towel, something of that sort. The fabric looks like cotton or linen blend. I bet it is a local resort, or restaurant with their own logo. I did read in the link provided that both male and female clothing had "food or restaurant grade food on them" Not sure how they phased it, but I think this is a private logo, not a chain.
You could be right. The circle looks like 2 sorts of trees or maybe mountains and trees? What is strange to me is that the cloth seems to have been stitched before, with a big thread and needle, leaving holes in it. I would expect a more robuste fabric.

Why use that part to repair something and not a smooth piece of it, I wonder.

There seems to be a connection to the Dolomites (Italy) with lots of ski slopes, so that somehow makes sense.

Last edited:
You could be right. The circle looks like 2 sorts of trees or maybe mountains and trees? What is strange to me is that the cloth seems to have been stitched before, with a big thread and needle, leaving holes in it. I would expect a more robuste fabric.

Why use that part to repair something and not a smooth piece of it, I wonder.

There seems to be a connection to the Dolomites (Italy) with lots of ski slopes, so that somehow makes sense.
I was thinking too that if it is a smaller resort or restaurant it could be out of business now. I wonder if they will do genealogy with the DNA? That seems to be the way to go now, find a relative and ID the person. Same with the male clothing.

Possibly hand-embroidered?

It’s common to embroider on things like tea-towels and handkerchiefs, which the fabric sort of reminds me of.
It looks like machine embroidery to me. I used to do embroidery by machine and hand. It hard to see but it is filled in with white thread on the background of the trees and the ski poles.

That is what I see also, but I live in the American southwest so there's that...
Looks like crossed arrows on a seal of some kind. Could be Native American/First Nation or Military.

Crossed arrows is a common iconography in both.

The perimeter looks like alternating arrow heads or trees.

Looks like crossed arrows on a seal of some kind. Could be Native American/First Nation or Military.

Crossed arrows is a common iconography in both.

The perimeter looks like alternating arrow heads or trees.
Yeah, my mind did not go to ski poles when I saw it, but to arrows, both as weapons and directional used a lot here.

ETA: still do not see ski poles. Ethnocentrism is not right or wrong, it just is. This might explain why we see things different based on where we come from... perhaps.

I actually think I put the image upside down. I've corrected it below.

You can see on the poles at the bottom there have a circular bit with a point end.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110-185151~3.png
    Screenshot_20240110-185151~3.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240110-185151~2.png
    Screenshot_20240110-185151~2.png
    341.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240110-184741~3.png
    Screenshot_20240110-184741~3.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics