Help us find "The Human Fly". This is Websleuths' chance to show law enforcement what we can do!!!

Let me check exactly what searches the PI did. They did search to see if anyone by Rick Rajotte had passed away, but no records. It is possible he was homeless and therefore not ID-ed properly, or going under a different name (as mentioned he did sometimes).

Homeless charities can't really help as they are bound by data protection. So need to reach out to the homeless community themselves, but not sure how to do that, other than via posters or someone physically talking to them, as I assume they are not regular users of the internet.
I'm in the US and I have no idea what shelters and service providers to the homeless are like in Canada but, I would not give up on getting leads from them (as well as from homeless individuals). Altho confidentiality is a huge issue in the US too, with persistence, I have had a lot of luck locating people. Often it is a knowing nudge to check a particular place or with a certain person, to try back at the shelter or meal site at a certain time. There are lots of ways people give indirect cues and clues. It really depends on the rapport an investigator is able to establish with the person they're trying to get info from. Maybe try a PI with experience locating homeless in Calgary. I don't mean to disparage the PI you're working with but, searches like this can take time.

Hello all,

I have been in touch with Cassie, who wrote this article and we are 99% sure that this is Rick. Richard Rajotte, a Calgary panhandler strives to spread happiness

She thinks this guy could be the same chap. I am not sure how similar they look but she thinks the nose is the same and recognises his positivity.

I actually messaged him about a year ago but no response. But am i right in thinking if you are not friends on FB you sometimes don't get notified of the message? I have messaged again just now anyway.

And I have emailed Silvertip resort where he worked (past tense) to see if they can help. I will follow up with a call later.

Might anyone have any other ideas of how to reach this guy and ask if it is him, even if just to rule him out.

Thanks

Hello all,

I have been in touch with Cassie, who wrote this article and we are 99% sure that this is Rick. Richard Rajotte, a Calgary panhandler strives to spread happiness

She thinks this guy could be the same chap. I am not sure how similar they look but she thinks the nose is the same and recognises his positivity.

I actually messaged him about a year ago but no response. But am i right in thinking if you are not friends on FB you sometimes don't get notified of the message? I have messaged again just now anyway.

And I have emailed Silvertip resort where he worked (past tense) to see if they can help. I will follow up with a call later.

Might anyone have any other ideas of how to reach this guy and ask if it is him, even if just to rule him out.

Thanks
Perhaps reach out to his Facebook friends.

Jmo

In the absence of fingerprints and DNA, I suggest that they x-ray him to see if sixty percent of his bone structure has indeed been replaced. If it is only like 55%, he is obviously not our man.

The preceding is a joke, for those of us on the spectrum who do not get sarcasm.

Hello all,

Thanks
I have come across this guy as well when I have been searching. I see there are quite a few people on his friends list with the same last name. Most seem to trace back to Ontario, Sudbury ON to be exact. I went to double check to see if we have any mutual friends and we don't. I'm not sure it's the same guy, but I will also see if I can reach him. There is some info in some of his posts that suggests he could be the guy from the article. Hopefully one of us is able to get in touch with him.

MOO

I have come across this guy as well when I have been searching. I see there are quite a few people on his friends list with the same last name. Most seem to trace back to Ontario, Sudbury ON to be exact. I went to double check to see if we have any mutual friends and we don't. I'm not sure it's the same guy, but I will also see if I can reach him. There is some info in some of his posts that suggests he could be the guy from the article. Hopefully one of us is able to get in touch with him.

MOO
Amazing. Thank you so much. Fingers crossed it is in fact a small world and you do find a cross over.

I have just been through his FB page. He had a gap between 2012 - 2020. He posts about homelessness. He thanks people for birthday messages on the 3rd of August and in the article said he was a Leo. And there is a reference to living in Calgary East Village.

One point that contradicts the info I have is that he doesn't list a daughter called Heather, but that could be incorrect info.

With this info any thoughts on finding him in East Village Calgary?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.19.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.19.58.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.21.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.21.28.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.21.44.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.21.44.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.24.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.24.21.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.25.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.25.34.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.26.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 14.26.29.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 15
He mentions that he volunteered here Our Story - carya they have offered to forward an email, if they have contact details for him, he hasn't been there for over a year though.

I agree with Megnut- try to contact his FaceBook friends, especially those that have a history of liking his more recent posts. If you don't get responses from Messenger, try to locate these people and reach these people in other ways. If you can find phone numbers or addresses for any of them, call or send a letter. I don't know if "Address Service Request" is available in Canada. In US, you write "Address Service Request" on the envelope, to the left of the address. If the person has moved, the letter is returned with the forwarding address (if there is one) or some other indication that the person has moved.

If you cannot find a particular FB friend that you are looking for, try to locate their kin. You may be able to find the FB friend that way.

Given his history of homelessness and of volunteering, I would try to identify all groups that have any interaction with people in need. I would start by looking for places that are in East Village or within walking distance.

You are SO close to finding him!

I agree with Megnut- try to contact his FaceBook friends, especially those that have a history of liking his more recent posts. If you don't get responses from Messenger, try to locate these people and reach these people in other ways. If you can find phone numbers or addresses for any of them, call or send a letter. I don't know if "Address Service Request" is available in Canada. In US, you write "Address Service Request" on the envelope, to the left of the address. If the person has moved, the letter is returned with the forwarding address (if there is one) or some other indication that the person has moved.

If you cannot find a particular FB friend that you are looking for, try to locate their kin. You may be able to find the FB friend that way.

Given his history of homelessness and of volunteering, I would try to identify all groups that have any interaction with people in need. I would start by looking for places that are in East Village or within walking distance.

You are SO close to finding him!

Address service request is not available in Canada. If the person has moved with no forwarding address on file (a pre-paid service) then the letter is simply returned to sender with a sticker that indicates "Moved".

I have just been through his FB page. He had a gap between 2012 - 2020. He posts about homelessness. He thanks people for birthday messages on the 3rd of August and in the article said he was a Leo. And there is a reference to living in Calgary East Village.

One point that contradicts the info I have is that he doesn't list a daughter called Heather, but that could be incorrect info.

With this info any thoughts on finding him in East Village Calgary?
I saw all as well, but was unsure if it was against the rules to post. I saw that he mentioned he lived across from the Stampede grounds as well, so that does give a good idea. I wrote on one of his posts asking him to check his DM's and I wrote an message to him. But so far he has not looked at the message I sent him.

I saw all as well, but was unsure if it was against the rules to post. I saw that he mentioned he lived across from the Stampede grounds as well, so that does give a good idea. I wrote on one of his posts asking him to check his DM's and I wrote an message to him. But so far he has not looked at the message I sent him.
Oh sorry, If again rules will of course remove/for it to be removed. I figured as it is already online it is ok. But happy to be corrected.

Do we know the name of the person who is trying to locate this Canadian man?

Do we know the name of the person who is trying to locate this Canadian man?
Sure do.

@LucyAstro

Lucy W. of Astronaut Films UK. She's an Executive Producer. Scroll down the link to see their "in production" ...

This one?
What do we know for sure? He has a facebook page that he doesn't often check. He lives in the East Village near downtown Calgary and the Stampede Grounds. He has family. He panhandles. Is all that true?

If he has lived as a panhandler of no fixed address in Calgary for more than 2 years, where temperatures are so cold that homeless people are rounded up and housed during Winter, then he would be registered at one of the homeless shelters.

A legitimate inquiry into whether the man in question (with various alias) has been a guest might help get a message to him through outreach programs.

Attachments

• 1688693140751.png
    1688693140751.png
    342.8 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members