Hershey sued for selling Reese’s Peanut Butter cups without ‘cute pumpkin faces’ as pictured on label

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
not sure what the defense will be but Hershey has M&Ms with faces and limbs in their advertising and no M&Ms have faces. Likewise Mr. Peanut has a monocle, limbs, face etc., and Planter's peanuts are ... just peanuts. So many brands have "mascot" type figures in ads that are not the actual product. Do people buy Mr. Clean expecting a detergent guy to come wash up with them?

Honestly, I would have expected the chocolate to have the jack-o-lantern cutouts as well based on the image but it's nonsense to sue. Candy is meant to be eaten and it would have tasted the same either way.

Had she called or emailed the company, I'm sure they would have sent her some free product coupons.

The attorney this woman sought, or any attorney, should have laughed at this and told her this was a bogus suit and they couldn’t take the case- I have attorneys in my family, so I know that would never happen! Laughable and infuriating at the same time.

the attorney who accepted this person's case knows full well that Hershey will settle with something small simply to avoid the legal fees of defending against the ridiculous case. So the attorney will be paid. To Hershey, it is far easier to pay a nuisance fee to make the suit go away.

Agree with you @Bogbacal2 Laughable and infuriating all at once

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201