Still Missing HI - Kytana Ancog, 18 months, Aiea, Oahu, 31 Jan 2021 *Father arrested*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Father of missing toddler in custody; sources say no sign of child so far (hawaiinewsnow.com)

N2KQHOVXSNCYHHWCQHFCWNSSEM.JPG

The father of a toddler who has been missing for two weeks is in police custody, sources tell Hawaii News Now.
  • ... authorities picked up 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues and brought him in for questioning. Sources say he was arrested in Leeward Oahu in the area of Honokai Hale.
  • He’s tied to missing 18-month-old Kytana Ancog, who was last seen on Jan. 31 when her mother Ashley Ancog dropped her off to her father at his home in Aiea.
  • Rodrigues is a convicted felon with a long criminal history involving offenses for drugs and firearms.

FEB 12, 2021
Intense search underway for missing toddler last seen 2 weeks ago (hawaiinewsnow.com)
[...]

Kytana was dropped off Jan. 31 to her father, Travis Rodrigues, at his Kaulainahee Place address in Aiea.

[...]

... Law enforcement said he was known to bring machine guns to drug deals.

Ahead of his sentencing in 2006, he sent a letter to U.S. District Court Judge Susan Mollway.

“I have been addicted to ice for about six years,” he wrote. “I do admit that I have a problem and I am asking for help.” The letter was signed Travis Heffelinger, which police say is one of his aliases.

Rodrigues spent about a decade in prison. ...

[...]

Rodrigues is known to frequent the Aiea, Pearl City, Kalihi and Waipahu areas.

Kytana is described as weighing about 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who sees Kytana is asked to call 911 or CrimeStoppers at 955-8300.

I hate this story, if he could produce sweet Kytana he would have done so. Where is Mom, is she MIA? Is that why it took so long to report Kytana missing?

I hate this story, if he could produce sweet Kytana he would have done so. Where is Mom, is she MIA? Is that why it took so long to report Kytana missing?
I'm still digging but I found this from yesterday.

Oahu family pleads for help to find missing toddler (khon2.com)
[...]

... The child’s grandmother is at her wit’s end not knowing what happened to the little girl.

“Scared, lost, I just want my granddaughter returned. We just want her back. We’re the only family she’s known,” said Lisa Mora.

She says her daughter, Kytana’s mother, is distraught and is barely able to talk to anyone. They can only hope that the child has not been hurt and someone with information will step up and help.

[...]

FEB 12, 2021
Intense search underway for missing toddler last seen 2 weeks ago (hawaiinewsnow.com)
[...]

Kytana was dropped off Jan. 31 to her father, Travis Rodrigues, at his Kaulainahee Place address in Aiea.

[...]

... Law enforcement said he was known to bring machine guns to drug deals.

Ahead of his sentencing in 2006, he sent a letter to U.S. District Court Judge Susan Mollway.

“I have been addicted to ice for about six years,” he wrote. “I do admit that I have a problem and I am asking for help.” The letter was signed Travis Heffelinger, which police say is one of his aliases.

Rodrigues spent about a decade in prison. ...

[...]

Rodrigues is known to frequent the Aiea, Pearl City, Kalihi and Waipahu areas.

Kytana is described as weighing about 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who sees Kytana is asked to call 911 or CrimeStoppers at 955-8300.
So he is the victim? Not the 18 month old baby?

I know this isn't helpful, but I can't help but wonder why Kytana (@18 mo old) would have been dropped off with him. He is a known felon who has a drug problem. :(
I'm stunned that this man was allowed to be anywhere near a baby. :eek:
So he is the victim? Not the 18 month old baby?
Baby is definitely the victim.

Oh no ... not another baby victim of their own parent ... it takes a very sick individual to harm a child. I sure hope she is okay and has just been dropped off somewhere. I too am surprised he would be allowed anything more than supervised visits given his criminal history. Prayers for mom, grandma and family. Moo

Oh no! This is the only source I've seen this reported so far. Please let them be wrong! :(:(:(

FEB 13, 2021
Honolulu police arrest father of missing toddler on suspicion of murder | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Honolulu police today arrested a 40-year-old Aiea man on suspicion of second-degree murder in the case of a missing 18-month-old girl, whose whereabouts are still unknown.

Travis Rodrigues was transferred to the main police station at about 5:30 p.m. today and had not been charged yet.

[...]

... Honolulu police executed a search warrant at his home Friday night.

The toddler’s grandmother, LM, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser today that Kytana and her daughter AA came to live with her in March and stayed until a month ago.

LM said she had never heard of Rodrigues until then, has never met him and is unclear about the relationship between her daughter and the suspect.

[...]

Mora said she has not been in recent contact with AA, who has not spoken to her family about the girl’s disappearance.

“From what I learned, she was scared of this guy and doesn’t want to say anything,” LM said. “I just want my granddaughter back.

[...]

LM said Kytana has two half-brothers, one of whom lives with her and the other with his other grandmother.

The FBI is assisting the Honolulu Police Department in the investigation.

FEB 13, 2021
Father of missing baby arrested on suspicion of murder (khon2.com)
Honolulu police have confirmed 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues, also known as Travis Heffelinger, was arrested on suspicion of the murder ...

Rodrigues was apprehended for questioning at a home on Paala Loop in Kapolei just after 11:30 a.m.

AK lives about a block away and described the scene.

[...]

“The chopper was telling him to come through the front door, we could hear it,” AK said. “They were pretty close and we could hear them telling him ‘come out through the front door.'”

[...]

Neighbors who declined to speak on camera confirmed Rodrigues slept over at the house on Paala Loop.

[...]

Police and the K9 unit were called to that address during the evening of Friday, Feb. 12 ...

CN, a relative of Rodrigues who lives there, declined to do an interview but told KHON2 that she was cooperating with police.

KHON2 reached out to Kytana’s mother.

She responded via text:
“I apologize but I am not in the right state of mind to be doing an interview but I just pray that my baby comes home to me.”

Father of missing baby arrested on suspicion of murder

[...]

KHON2 reached out to Kytana’s mother.

She responded via text:
“I apologize but I am not in the right state of mind to be doing an interview but I just pray that my baby comes home to me.”

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/02/13/hawaii-news/honolulu-police-arrest-father-of-missing-toddler-on-suspicion-of-murder/amp/

[...]

LM (the child’s grandmother) said she has not been in recent contact with AA (the child’s mother), who has not spoken to her family about the girl’s disappearance.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/02/13/breaking-news/honolulu-police-arrest-father-of-missing-toddler-on-suspicion-of-murder/amp/

[...]

“From what I learned, she was scared of this guy and doesn’t want to say anything,” LM said.

... Sorry to say, the mother knows something.

This makes no sense. Who had custody of Kytana? Is Travis her father for sure? Did he think he was her father? How many times did Kytana got dropped off to be under his care?

So, I'm assuming LE has reason to believe she is deceased. Was she just reported missing or am I mistaken?

Updated February 14 at 10:55 AM
Father of missing toddler, 2nd suspect arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder (hawaiinewsnow.com)
Police have also arrested a second suspect — Scott M. Carter — on second-degree murder charges.

Honolulu police arrest 2nd suspect in missing toddler case | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
UPDATE 11:25 a.m.

A second suspect has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of 18-month-old Kytana Acong.

The Honolulu Police Department identified the suspect, a 48-year-old man, and arrested him for second-degree murder just before midnight Saturday.

:confused::eek:

This makes no sense. Who had custody of Kytana? Is Travis her father for sure? Did he think he was her father? How many times did Kytana got dropped off to be under his care?

So, I'm assuming LE has reason to believe she is deceased. Was she just reported missing or am I mistaken?

Was wondering the exact same questions. Per the articles above, the grandmother said AA and Kytana were living with her for 11 months, and they moved out just recently... and she (the grandmother) has never heard of Travis and doesn’t know what the relationship between them is. If Travis truly is the father... did it never come up in 11 months of living with this baby? Clearly Kytana wasn’t frequently dropped off with him before now (or ever) or the grandmother would surely know who he is, wouldn’t she?

Last edited:
My attempt at sorting this out...

Sun, Jan 31
: Kytana's mom dropped her off at the home of Kytana's father, Travis Heffelinger aka Travis Rodrigues, on Kaulainahee Place in Aiea.

Fri, Feb 5 - Sat, Feb 6
: HPD says an incident occurred in the time frame of
Friday, February 5 at 12:01 a.m. until Saturday, February 6 at 12:00 p.m.

Wed, Feb 10: A missing person case was made for Kytana through 3rd party information.

Thu, Feb 11: Crimestoppers sent out a media release asking the public's help in locating Kytana and Heffelinger, aka Rodrigues.

Fri, Feb 12:
  • Nixle Alert went out
  • Rodrigues' home was searched with K-9's
Sat, Feb 13:
  • Rodrigues was located in Ko Olina area early afternoon and questioned. Further investigation revealed foul play was involved and he was arrested for 2nd degree murder.
  • HPD identified the 2nd suspect, Scott M. Carter, and arrested him for second-degree murder just before midnight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pigg7457
Back