Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

Snippets from the Jackson Sun:

The agency made the announcement at a 10 p.m. news conference at the Decatur County Sheriff's Department...

TBI officials said it is with much sadness Bobo was not found alive, but finding the remains can bring some closure to her family. The family will make a statement to the media on Tuesday, authorities said.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...y-bobo/2014/09/08/tbi-breaking-news/15316959/

During the press conference, Mark Gwyn states they confirmed the remains through the use of an odontologist. This would indicate they have initially confirmed via dental remains. MOO.

I believe that the TBI Mark Gwyn stated in his few brief words that the remains were examined by a forensic odontologist who made the identification.

EDITED TO CORRECT from "Sheriff" to "TBI MARK GWYN"

Sorry Murphy, I was typing in the dark and couldn't find the right keys to get it posted earlier. Thanks for confirming what I heard in re: the odontologist.

DNA testing itself does not take a long time. It is just the process of getting in line to be tested that takes the time. This is a high priority case. I do feel that the identification was initially done with dental records.

While the teeth could have easily identified her by a local dentist, I'm sure the sheriff's office would use a forensic dentist.

Jumping in here--former dental assistant. Yes, her personal local dental records would be used, but a forensic dentist ( odontologist) would do the analysis comparing the dental records sent (or already on hand) with the teeth/jaw/whatever put before him/her.

I just got a news alert on my phone that her remains were found. I had to stop by and add my condolences. I hope she is resting peacefully and those responsible will face the charges they deserve.

I'm grateful that Holly was found after all this time. So many people are never found and Holly deserves justice.

From WKRN:

Mark Gwyn, the Director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, made the announcement Monday. He first offered his condolences to the Bobo family before confirming the remains were indeed those of their 20-year-old daughter.

District Attorney General Mark Stowe said the family is expected to make a statement Wednesday.

Authorities did not give further details on the remains or process of identifying them as Bobo's.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26469654/human-skull-found-near-home-of-suspect-in-death-of-holly-bobo

At least she is in a better place and no one can hut her ever again. *RIP Holly*

Sorry Murphy, I was typing in the dark and couldn't find the right keys to get it posted earlier. Thanks for confirming what I heard in re: the odontologist.
No worries at all! I had to listen to it a couple of times to catch what he was even saying.

Praise God that she has been found. Her family can now lay her to rest & the wheels of justice can start to turn harder & faster against the bad guy(s).
Such a waste of life, and why??
Rest in peace, Holly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my...

Divine Intervention comes to my mind in this case...

So sad ... Yet now Holly's loved ones may have some closure...

RIP, Holly... :rose: :rose:

Great work, TBI and associated officers....

:grouphug: Good Night, Y'all !

:please: for the Bobo Family !

:rose: RIP, Holly :rose:

Goodnite My Friends, with a heavy heart I will say, I just cannot fathom the real heaviness that Holly's family will have when they lay down their heads. I despise the word "closure", for a family there never really is, they can hope and find true justice to somewhat bare the pain. Much love to the Bobo's and to you, my websleuth friends.

I just saw this.

I know this isn't the outcome anyone hoped for, but I think we all knew Holly was deceased once info started to come out after Adams & co. were arrested.

I am thankful she has been found and her remains can be put to rest properly by her family. I'm also thankful the defendants can't use the location of her remains as a bargaining chip.

It took over three long years, but Holly is finally coming home. Sending love and light to the Bobos, as well as all of Holly's friends.

I didn't expect an affirmative i.d. tonight. Bless her family. Rest well sweet girl.

I did not see the new sheriff speak as I clicked off the broadcast when it ended..I went back and found where he was interviewed later.....very impressed with this new sheriff...he spoke of divine intervention in this case. Very caring seeming individual.
RIP Holly. Prayers for all her family. God bless her sweet soul.

I am glad I checked in when I did. I was going to sign off for tonight but now along with everyone else........I wait with a heavy heart.:(

Thanks for the links Dr. Know.

I woke from a dead sleep. I had to come look. I wasn't expecting anything until tomorrow, but these restless souls seem to navigate to people that care. You can R.I.P. now Holly. :( Off to catch up, I'm on page 9. I have never seen so many caring people on one forum. You guys are truly some of the best people I have met online. God bless you all.

I missed the presser but could not go to be without getting the news. Heavy heart for her family, but at least some closure and some remains. hopefully the rest or at least majority can be found and buried with some dignity and respect. It's the least Holly and her loved ones deserve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back