Houston- Adult, child injured in shooting at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood church

"legally buy a gun"???
From everything I have read about the shooter she was in the US illegally, and not a US citizen. How could she legally buy a gun?
@Eli9 Maybe she did not?

Not clear from what I've read whether -
--- She bought gun LEGALLY.
--- She BOUGHT gun (stolen, inherited, received as a gift? Possible?).
--- In acquiring gun if fed. law background CHECK was done (as check should have been done if she bot thru legit Fed Firearms Dealer. Maybe not done thru FFD? Maybe transfer was done thru private individual & fed law background check not required?).
--- S?he provided false info to FFD who relayed false info in submitting law background check, so bingo, good to go, here's your gun ma'am.

Just possibilities.
But IF someone "forges" a BirthCert, IDK if or why that person would draw a line and not give bogus info for fed law background check.
imo

Last edited:
And yet despite all of this she was able to obtain a weapon (legally) while not even being a US citizen.
Quoting myself. I should have waited until MSM caught up.
Other unsubstantiated rumors were made about Moreno's immigration status. At least one public record, a criminal background report from the Texas Department of Public Safety, said Moreno was a native of El Salvador. But it doesn't say if she was in the country without permission.

Public documents point to her being in the country legally. She had a Texas drivers license, which are only available to U.S. citizens or legal immigrants. She also attested she was a United States citizen in plea paperwork related to a 2022 criminal charge.

During one 2010 arrest in Harris, authorities placed Moreno on an immigration hold, a sign that authorities were checking her legal status, according to Harris County district court records. The hold was lifted the same day she pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charged of evading arrest, according to court records.

Quoting myself. I should have waited until MSM caught up.
Other unsubstantiated rumors were made about Moreno's immigration status. At least one public record, a criminal background report from the Texas Department of Public Safety, said Moreno was a native of El Salvador. But it doesn't say if she was in the country without permission.

Public documents point to her being in the country legally. She had a Texas drivers license, which are only available to U.S. citizens or legal immigrants. She also attested she was a United States citizen in plea paperwork related to a 2022 criminal charge.

During one 2010 arrest in Harris, authorities placed Moreno on an immigration hold, a sign that authorities were checking her legal status, according to Harris County district court records. The hold was lifted the same day she pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charged of evading arrest, according to court records.
Her attestations in the criminal case and ever her release from immigration hold don't really mean anything. But the fact she had a Texas DL would tell me that she was probably in the country legally, at least at that time.

A pro-Palestinian anti-semite wanted to shoot up a Christian church? make it make sense (you can't). JMO
Some churches have been vocally supportive of Israeli governmental policies regarding Palestinians.

This support can extend to fund raising that directly, or indirectly, supports Israeli settlements on the West Bank.

I have no idea if Joel Osteen's church supports settlements or otherwise affirms Israeli governmental policies. They may well have never done so, but the perpetrator foggy mental state led her to believe that they do?

Some churches have been vocally supportive of Israeli governmental policies regarding Palestinians.

This support can extend to fund raising that directly, or indirectly, supports Israeli settlements on the West Bank.

I have no idea if Joel Osteen's church supports settlements or otherwise affirms Israeli governmental policies. They may well have never done so, but the perpetrator foggy mental state led her to believe that they do?
regardless that feels like a stretch to make that claim, just like when certain outlets reported she was trans. Its all to further their interests not accurately report the facts

regardless that feels like a stretch to make that claim, just like when certain outlets reported she was trans. Its all to further their interests not accurately report the facts
Please note that I did not claim anything.

Rather, I raised a possibility- and stated directly that it was only a possibility.

As to the possibility being a stretch- maybe, maybe not. Not too many US pastors get to interview an Israeli Prime Minister.

"The women who spoke said things got so bad in the neighborhood that five of them spent a day about five months ago talking to local elected officials, police, the sheriff's office and city's legal department. They wrote letters to the neighborhood's property management company and met with its lawyer, and they called media, said L, who lives in the neighborhood."

"We're being told 'see something, say something.' Well, we're seeing stuff, we are saying stuff... and Conroe PD is not helping us," H said. "I don't want to bash them, but help us. Please."
Still wondering if anyone saw the media report on their meeting? I wonder which outlet(s) they called.
These whistleblowers had a formal meeting with the sheriff and the city's legal department, informing them of a safety liability in their midst, and it was ignored. I wonder how the citizens of Conroe feel about that?

Please note that I did not claim anything.

Rather, I raised a possibility- and stated directly that it was only a possibility.

As to the possibility being a stretch- maybe, maybe not. Not too many US pastors get to interview an Israeli Prime Minister.
Unless there is proof or a link where LE says that, IMO it's irresponsible to push that claim
If you have a link where its suggested they believe that to be a motive (which I would love to read) its the same as saying UFO's made her do it.

Unless there is proof or a link where LE says that, IMO it's irresponsible to push that claim
If you have a link where its suggested they believe that to be a motive (which I would love to read) its the same as saying UFO's made her do it.

The totality indicates that

-Shooter had 'Palestine' on her weapon.
- Church may well be openly supportive of Israel (interview with Israeli leader by Pastor seems to be friendly).
- Shooter also had anti semitic material with her.
- Shooter then attacks the church.

The pattern could support that one influence in the motive was anti Israeli or anti semitic sentiments. The two motives are not one in the same. Israel does not represent the Jewish people as a whole. But... angry and unhinged people tend to blur the two together.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

There is a general gun control thread here:

If it isn't specific to this case, it doesn't belong on this thead.

The totality indicates that

-Shooter had 'Palestine' on her weapon.
- Church may well be openly supportive of Israel (interview with Israeli leader by Pastor seems to be friendly).
- Shooter also had anti semitic material with her.
- Shooter then attacks the church.

The pattern could support that one influence in the motive was anti Israeli or anti semitic sentiments. The two motives are not one in the same. Israel does not represent the Jewish people as a whole. But... angry and unhinged people tend to blur the two together.

<modsnip>
Do you have a link that provides a source that says she was politically motivated?

Last edited by a moderator:
As to all the info we've read so far, keep in mind y'all that a lot of times MSM just gets stuff wrong. In 2011 some local news TV station posted an update to my little brother's murder case saying he was alive and had made a full recovery, when in fact he had suffered in the ICU as a quadriplegic for over a month before dying and his murderer was never caught.

Quoted from this new ABC13 article of items that LE inventoried from the house: Lakewood Shooting latest: Boy lost part of frontal lobe, grandmother says; Evidence log revealed

"The list of collected evidence, as written in the log:

• Unknown substance inside plastic bottle
  • Thumb drive, inside purse
  • Moreno's Texas driver's license, inside bowl on entry table
  • 5.56 cartridge, inside entry table
  • Notebook
  • Two white-colored, bulletproof, soft-shelled vests
  • iPad, on dining room table
  • Magazine containing one 9mm bullet, on dining room table
  • One 9mm bullet and three .22 bullets, on dining room table
  • One 9mm bullet, in makeup box on table
  • 223 cartridge, top of bar counter
  • Apple cell phone, on kitchen bar
  • Hewlett Packard laptop
  • Green notebook, in bag on top of nightstand
  • White mask with "Free Gaza Trump," inside black fur coat pocket
  • Printed text messages, notes, and notebooks, in a box
  • One .22 caliber bullet, on floor
  • Two 5.56 cartridges, one inside wood box at bottom of end table, another in green bucket
  • Seven sheets of handmade poster signs, inside trash can
  • iPad, top of archway room divider counter
  • "All Remainers are Neo-Nazis" book, on dresser
  • Pawn shop receipt
  • One 9mm bullet and 11 (eleven) 5.56 cartridges, inside power drawer of dresser
  • One 5.56 cartridge, under sink cabinet
  • iPad, on floor"

Last edited:
As to all the info we've read so far, keep in mind y'all that a lot of times MSM just gets stuff wrong. In 2011 some local news TV station posted an update to my little brother's murder case saying he was alive and had made a full recovery, when in fact he had suffered in the ICU as a quadriplegic for over a month before dying and his murderer was never caught.

Quoted from this new ABC13 article of items that LE inventoried from the house: Lakewood Shooting latest: Boy lost part of frontal lobe, grandmother says; Evidence log revealed

"The list of collected evidence, as written in the log:

• Unknown substance inside plastic bottle
  • Thumb drive, inside purse
  • Moreno's Texas driver's license, inside bowl on entry table
  • 5.56 cartridge, inside entry table
  • Notebook
  • Two white-colored, bulletproof, soft-shelled vests
  • iPad, on dining room table
  • Magazine containing one 9mm bullet, on dining room table
  • One 9mm bullet and three .22 bullets, on dining room table
  • One 9mm bullet, in makeup box on table
  • 223 cartridge, top of bar counter
  • Apple cell phone, on kitchen bar
  • Hewlett Packard laptop
  • Green notebook, in bag on top of nightstand
  • White mask with "Free Gaza Trump," inside black fur coat pocket
  • Printed text messages, notes, and notebooks, in a box
  • One .22 caliber bullet, on floor
  • Two 5.56 cartridges, one inside wood box at bottom of end table, another in green bucket
  • Seven sheets of handmade poster signs, inside trash can
  • iPad, top of archway room divider counter
  • "All Remainers are Neo-Nazis" book, on dresser
  • Pawn shop receipt
  • One 9mm bullet and 11 (eleven) 5.56 cartridges, inside power drawer of dresser
  • One 5.56 cartridge, under sink cabinet
  • iPad, on floor"
Well that turns alot upside down

You may have to use “reader view” to read this article. Much more at link.

A 7-year-old boy who was shot in the head when his mother opened fire at a Houston megachurch on Sunday has undergone at least two surgeries in 24 hours and “lost a major part of what makes us who we are,” his grandmother said in an update on Thursday.

The surgeries included removal of part of the frontal lobe of the brain and a portion of the skull, the grandmother, Walli Carranza, said in a post on Facebook. It included a jarring photo of the child from his hospital bed, where officials said he remained in critical condition. She said the boy was engaged in a “fight for life.”
(..)
In the early days after their marriage in June 2015, Ms. Moreno “did beautifully” when she took her medication, Ms. Carranza said. But things changed when Ms. Moreno learned she was pregnant and stopped taking it, she said. She became violent and unstable and was admitted involuntarily for psychiatric treatment at a hospital in Houston, where she remained for several weeks.

During those early years, her daughter-in-law kept several guns around the house, including a handgun in Samuel’s diaper bag, Ms. Carranza said in an affidavit.
(..)
Farrah Signorelli, who lives three doors down from Ms. Moreno’s house, was the boy’s special education teacher.
She described him as a petite and frail child with curly hair who looked younger than most 7-year-olds. She said he was mostly unable to talk and struggled to make friends in his class, attended by other children with special needs. She said he often appeared hungry: His mother, she said, sent him to school with two or three chicken nuggets “at most.” She said she offered him goldfish snacks when he seemed to want more food. “We made sure he ate,” she said.
She said the boy had stopped attending school around the end of October. She spotted him on Halloween in the back of his mother’s vehicle and said she breathed a sigh of relief to see that he seemed to be OK.

Was it confirmed who shot the boy? Depending on which DM article, I've seen it stated that both the mother shot him OR it's unknown whether he was shot by the mother or one of two officers
It is still unknown who fired the shots that struck Ms. Moreno’s son and injured a bystander, a 57-year-old man who has since been released from the hospital.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt
Back